Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Married in the life of Ryden

Unimpressed Birds Sing and Die

by Uriefury 3 reviews

Is this chapter 11 or 12? lol I dont even know but youre going to want to read this.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2011-05-22 - Updated: 2011-05-22 - 3268 words

1Exciting
So yeah here is the big divorce (or not) chapter. Lots of Joe and lots of drama, I suppose you could say. Frank Iero squeezes his little body into this chapter too. XD I hope you like it and I hope it's as long as I hoped (I'll only knowwhen I put it on ffnet) lately my chapters have been rediculously short. Enjoy!! (or not)

"hey, Tricky, whatcha reading?" Pete flung himself at the rustic red sofa from the hallway, landing next to me roughly. Joe, who was merely sitting at the table with a beer and a bowl full of chillies, jumped and spilt beer down his front. He sighed, reluctantly got up and grabbed another beer as I looked up from my book and smiled at Pete. He kissed me on my cheek quickly, then pursed his lips and waited for me to speak.
"just something on space and stuff like that" I tossed the now mildly uninteresting book over to one side and took Petey's hand. "when is Andy going to be back from shopping? We gotta leave for this damned court meeting soon" I looked down at my feet, dreading what was to come next between Ryan and Brendon. Pete got up and grinned at me, bending back and looking out of the window for Andy's car.
"he can't take that much longer, surely" he mused to himself, blindly picking a chilli from Joe's bowl. 
"hey, have you guys seen that J2O advert yet? That guy can talk really, really fast" Joe slurred, trying a combo of beer and chilli. I'll ask him later how that went. 
"you're a very special person Joe" Pete smiled a bit, taking some more chillies. At least i wasn't the inly one thinking the very same thing. Joe scowled a bit. 
"I'm going, t-to stop this bloody divorce. I dunno why Brendon was back over here the other night, but it's gotta mean SOMETHING" Joe stuttered and hiccupped, slamming his beer down and getting up. Pete and I stared at Joe, waiting to see if he was drunk enough to fall over. I shrugged and turned to face Pete; we both knew he was BSing again. Or babbling. Or most likely both. He was drunk in any stretch of imagination. I smiled and watched as Andy bustled through the door with bags full of groceries and a suspicious looking cushion-shaped bag. Not more cushions.
"aaaaaa... HAAAAAAAA. Hooooooottt" Joe screamed, jumping up again and flinging the bowl of chillies across the room. Yay, more mess. I glared at Joe, who smiled sheepishly. "err... Chilli got my tongue" he said, wiping his eyes. Pete furrowed his eyebrows and sat down next to me again, leaning his head on my shoulder. Andy had very recently dodged a bowl of chillies, and had still not said anything at this point. Instead he and proceeded to pack what he had bought (except for the cushions) into the fridge.
"hey Andy" I broke the ice, waving awkwardly as he turned to face me, beans in hand. 
"aren't you going to explain?" he asked, setting the bean tin onto the worktop and crossing his arms.
"explain, what? Cause, if you're mad shout the chilli bowl, that's Joe's fault" Pete asked, sliding his arm around me.
"whatever. What about what I heard last night?" he gestured towards our bunks. 
"you were creeping on them? My man!" Joe exclaimed, everyone ignored him.
"I don't know what you think you heard, Andy" Pete grumbled, turning his head away from Andy and frowning slightly. I gently stroked through Pete's hair, and sat there awkwardly; like the awkward person I am. Just awkwardly waiting for someone to say something.
"jeepers, creepers.." Joe was singing to himself. Not exactly what I planned on hearing but it was yet another necessary ice breaker. I knew what Andy had heard, I knew Pete wasn't ready to tell. I knew this was going to start a fight; what with Pete's volatile moods and Andy's jealously. The pressure was, well, on top of me. I mean I was under it, whatever.
"I think you know what I know I heard" Andy took a step forward, furrowing his eyebrows slightly at what he just said. Even i was a bit confused as to how that made sense. He was a bit startled when Pete jumped up and growled a bit. Crapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrap.
"if you did hear what I think you think you heard, it's not much of a big deal, why are you getting so pissy over it?" Pete growled. I sighed.
"Andy, just sit down, please? Don't start a fight"
"dude, what's going on?!" 
"Please, Pete, I don't want you guys to fight" I moaned, ignoring Joe again and pulling Pete back onto the sofa. He pouter slightly at me then looked down at his feet.
"why won't you tell everyone, Pete, huh?" Andy put his hands on his hips and cocked his eyebrows. Pete got back up and squared up to Andy.
"maybe we don't want to yet, ever thought of our privacy? Ever thought that right now, it's a bit inappropriate?" Pete growled. 
"Pete, please honey, sit down" I whined a bit. He turned around and sat down. He took my hand and mouthed "sorry" at me. 
"you're gonna tell everyone soon, why you just stop hiding it then, and tell everyone?! It'll give people something to be happy about" Andy managed to squeal in his least manly voice.
"You're just jealous that it's Patrick and not you" Pete spat out. Andy took a step back and blushed.
"yeah, I know" Pete added spitefully. Andy sighed and stormed out of the room. 
"Pete, did you have to?" I asked him, looking over to see were Andy disappeared to. "now Tuscarora ride is going to be awkward" I moaned a bit. Pete smiled a bit.
"I'm sorry, I will apologise. I just can't take the way he just gets all up in our private life" Pete looked over at Joe, who was busy enough in his own little inebriated world. He didn't pry, most of the time.
"you really do need to apologise, I think you hurt his feelings there" I sighed, quickly brushing my hand along Pete's cheek.
"he needed to know I knew. And, I'm just happy were engaged now" he grinned a bit, peering over his shoulder in Andy's general direction. "yeah, I'll go see if he's okay now" 

Joe's POV:

The drive to the court room was both silent and awkward. Pete and Patrick were in the back whispering and snuggling, while Andy drove. His face was one of anger and hurt. It made me laugh. But apparently I really was too drunk to drive. I mean, it was great that Patrick and Pete were engaged, good for them. But I see why they wanted it kept quiet, with all that was going on. Silly Andrew and his pathetic pleads to Pete. But it'll be okay. I'll stop the divorce then we'll all go out for pizza. I like pizza. I'll bring Ashlee. 3 happy couples, pizza, and Andy. Hmm. Maybe I should try to set Andy up with someone. That'll be a mission.
"hey Joe? Will you promise us you won't do anything stupid, it's between Ryan and Brendon" Patrick said timidly. I looked back and scowled a bit.
"Ryan shouldn't be divorcing Brendon. I know Brendon did something wrong but, they're meant to be together!" I exclaimed, spilling a bit of beer on Andy's weird leather seat covers. He whimpered a bit and sighed. "sorry Andy, I'll clean it up" I put my beer down in a upholder and sat back down. Patrick sighed and leaned forward. 
"Joe, there's nothing we can do about it" he whispered. I groaned a bit. 
"but, it's stupid" I murmured. Patrick sighed and poked my cheek.
"I know you've known them the longest, and so you feel sad abut this, but Joe; if you know they are meant to be together, then you gotta trust they'll find their way back together without you" Patrick pushed some hair out of my eyes and sat back next to Pete. He was right.
"yeah, you're right" i sighed, finding my beer and downing it. I turned around to look at Pete and Patrick. They looked so happy. Patrick had his head on Pete's shoulder, Pete grazing his hand along Patrick's cheek. Naaww. Andy was driving almost dangerously to avoid traffic, huffing and rolling his eyes at every little thing. Sassy.

Brendon's POV: 

I sat down in my court "area" with Sarah and Spencer: the living arrangements that would occur if Ry divorced me. For some reason, this was a full court meeting with people giving their input and whatnot, like a real court case. I looked over to wave at a very drunk and possibly dazed Jon. He nodded at me and took a sip from a bottle he had. I think he has some kind of grudge against me. Ryan was sitting there, biting his nails, watching Jon drink his life away. While people were still settling down, I moved over to Ryan and took his hand out of his mouth.
"whats a matter? What are you thinking" I slid down to his level and moved some hair out of his eyes. He smiled slightly. "you look worried" I whispered.
"just, Jon, I can't watch it" he sighed, sliding out of my reach and taking Jon's hood down. 
"yeah. Ry, are you sure you want to do this?" I asked him softly. He narrowed his eyes at me, but then looked down at his feet.
"we discussed this. I cant do this anymore" he whispered, blushing slightly. I nodded and brought his head up so he was looking at me.
"uhh, okay, I just never thought we'd be vouching for a divorce. I love you honey" I muttered, leaving for my seat. I sat down and wiped my eyes, looking over at Ry, who had brought his knees up to his face and was biting his nails again. I looked up to see a very hesitant Jared sitting in the judges place, or whatever. 
"so, are we ready to do this?" he asked in a very clear voice. The court suddenly fell eerily silent.
"yeah" Ryan spoke weakly. Jared looked at me and I nodded. 
"so, this court meeting, it's just a talk through. There aren't as many rules as a normal court case, it's not as strict. You can do pretty much anything to prove you either want a divorce or not. It's like open therapy. You're not here to convince just me, but yourself" Jared laughed a bit, getting up and sitting down in a chair between Ryan and I. "I love you both very much, I got this meeting for you guys so you could talk things through. I know Joe has some strong feelings, and other people can try to help too" he smiled at us then turned to Ryan specifically. "why do you want to divorce Brendon?" he asked Ryan softly. Ryan went very red and hid his face. He hated public confrontations. A hand hesitantly rose up from somewhere in the back of the room. 
"can I come and sit with him?"the hand asked. It was Frank's. No words could describe how much I hate him. 
"yeah, I don't see why not" Jared answered, watching as Frank hurried himself over to Ryan's side. A few hushed whispers and Ryan lifted his head.
"I want to divorce him because of what happened" he said quietly, Frank getting hold of his hand. 
"Frank's just putting words in his mouth! Why does he have to sit with Ryan?" I moaned a bit.
"Brendon, he's just sitting here" Ryan snapped at me. I brought my knees up to my face and hid. 
"Brendon, you don't want to divorce Ryan?" Jared asked. I looked up then looked at Ryan. Frank was playing with his hair. 
"No, I don't want to divorce him. We've talked about it. I realise why Ryan wants to divorce me but, I really don't want him to" I whined a bit, wiping my eyes and sitting properly. "I still love him and he said he still loved me. What's so difficult if we love eachother?" I directed at Ryan. He sighed and turned his back on me. 
"exactly! You guys are made for eachother, if you divorce, you'll just end up getting back together. This is stupid!" Joe stood up and walked over to me. He picked Spencer up, who was crying, and took him back to his seat. I'm such a bad parent, I can't even grasp when my child is sad, or when my child needs help. 
"do you really want to divorce? Divorced parents really affect the child" Pete deadpanned. Patrick nudged him and whispered something in his ear. "sorry, I didn't mean to offend" he added. Ryan turned to face me and frowned a bit. I looked over to Joe, who was bouncing Spencer on his knee. Frank had slid his arm around Ryan's waist, Jon was swaying in his seat. I stood up and walked over to Ryan, feeling everyone's eyes on me.
"Ry, please" I whispered. I turned to Frank and narrowed my eyes. "can you get your hands off my husband, cheers" I said coldly. Frank looked down and slid over a bit. Somewhere in the back of the room I could hear Joe sniggering. I looked around, fully taking in who was here. Megan, Shannon, Joe, Pete, Patrick, Andy and Ashlee. "Jared, if this is slack, then can I ask people what they think?" I asked Jared. He nodded, writing stuff in a notebook he had on his lap. A qualified judge and a qualified therapist? Wow. 
"before I ask what you guys think, I just want to clear some things up, cause I know its probably pretty vague" I stopped and looked down at Ryan. He looked up at me and rolled his eyes. "okay, so firstly, yes. I did cheat on Ryan. No further explanations. Yes. There is a baby. Sarah is pregnant. Yes, I love Sarah, as a friend. We're not in a relationship" I smiled a bit at Sarah and she nodded, encouraging me to go on. I cleared my throat a bit and grabbed Ryan's hand, to his surprise. "I love Ryan. I cry whenever I'm alone because of what I caused him to do. It's my fault. I know that's why he wants a divorce because he can't forgive me right now" I stopped again and carefully placed Ryan's hand down on the table. "I'm not going to stop him from doing what he wants, even though the thought of him wanting a divorce makes me feel totally alone and a failure. But you guys, who we love so much, I'm sure can convince him" I sat down and watched Frank run his hands through Ryan's hair. "stop touching him" I growled from my seat. He stood up then addressed the crowd. I heard Joe sigh excessively as he began to speak. He is so out of please here.
"he hurt Ryan, why should he have the right to keep him for himself? He doesn't deserve Ryan! Ryan doesn't need someone hurting him like Brendon did!" he stopped and high fived Jon.
"how dare you! How dare you walk into my family and decide who calls the shots!" I ignored Jon's behaviour as it was generally normal and I can deal with him later. I went to stand up but Sarah held me down by my shoulders. I'd shut Frank up though. Shannon then stood up, Megan carefully supporting his casted arm. 
"When I last saw Frank, he was our friend. He helped when Brendon wanted to leave. He brought him back for Ryan. But what I don't get is, that when Ryan wants to leave - and were all trying our best to show them that they belong together - Frank is fighting against us. It's Ryan's choice if he wants to divorce Brendon and he knows that once he's set his mind in concrete we won't stop him, so to speak, but it's not Frank's" Shannon then sat down, looking at me empathetically. I watched as Megan carefully readjusted Shannon's arm. That was a happy couple. Shannon wouldn't spontaneously cheat on his life partner then have no reason why 
he did it. He would be smarter than that. 
"exactly! Thank you Shannon. All Frank wants is Ryan. Last time he couldn't get to Ryan so he made him happy. Ryan, honey, he's forcing us apart" I moaned, slamming my head against the table I was sitting at. I heard Ryan wince. 
"Brendon, that isn't fair. You hurt Ryan and all Frank is doing is consoling him" Jon slurred. I sighed some more and addressed Jon.
"Jon, son, what is your problem with me!?" i asked, exasperated. He sighed and flipped me off. Ryan slapped his hand down and muttered something like "thats your father, don't be rude" I wished Jon would take his medicine more. I stood up and looked over to find Patrick. 
"Patrick, you've always been one for real good advice, what do you think?" I asked conversationally. His cheeks went a pale red as Pete smiled and stroked his flushed cheeks. Another couple which wouldn't ever break down due to an incident like this.
"umm, wow. Brendon, I realise you know what you did was wrong, and I can tell how sorry you are. Whatever made you do it, I don't know because you've always been stuck onto Ryan like a limpet on a rock. No offence intended" he smiled a bit and I shrugged my shoulders. "Ryan, wake up. It may take  you a long time to forgive Brendon, but in the end, he'll still be there waiting for you when you're ready to take him back. Maybe instead of divorcing totally, you just take a break? You both love eachother, and it's not logical to divorce" he finished, looking down at his feet. Jared was nodding and grinning. Joe hissed something on the lines of "so much for not butting in eh, Mr Smarticles" and slumped in his seat. 
"Thankyou Patrick" I whispered. He seemed to hear, as he smiled at me. I walked back over to Ryan and took both of his hands. He was crying and somehow, Frank wasn't all over him. He was in a huddle with Jon. 
"Ry, I'll do anything to stop you from divorcing me. I'll move out, we'll take a break, we'll get therapy. Anything" I murmured to just him. Frank heard it and snorted. I got up and picked him up out of the booth/area/whatever and set him on the floor roughly. Out of annoyance, I pushed him away, making him all angry. He tried to punch me, but Jared had moved him aside.
"uhh, order please?" he made a set distance between me and Frank then continued to write feverishly in his notebook.
"I like Patrick's idea" he muttered softly, pulling his hands away. Despite his constant rejection, I grinned and stood up. 
"so, you don't want a divorce?" I asked, looking over at Joe, and grinning at Patrick. Ryan shifted in his seat a bit and hesitated. I waited impatiently, retaking his hand and shaking it a bit.
"no, i don't, Bren" he said softly. I shook his hand again, more violently out of excitement. He took his hand away and smiled a bit.

Review please? :3
Sign up to rate and review this story