Categories > Books > Harry Potter > King's Cross

King's Cross

by mrfreeman07 1 review

Someone infinitly more qualified meets Harry at King's Cross AU DH 707

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover - Characters: Harry - Published: 2011-05-25 - Updated: 2011-06-01 - 811 words

-1Boring
Chapter 35 King's Cross 707

"You cannot help."
He Spun around. Albus Dumbledore was walking toward him, somberly and slowly, wearing funtional robes of light gray. Another man with a cane wearing a suit just a few steps behind followed purposely a doctors bag in hand.
"Harry." He spread his arms wide, his hand still blackened, but the slight smile showed he didn't mind so much. "You wonderful boy. You brave, brave man. Let us walk."
A silky voice shot out "Thats not happening Albus." The man finally spoke. "I let you say this much it is time for your soul to move on." He indicated to the train.
Stunned Harry watched as Albus Dumbledore was ordered away. "I'm dead right and so is he?" He risked a question to the pale man in black. Pointing the two chairs he hadn't noticed he followed the pale man and sat across from him staring into his face trying to recognize him. Black hair and thin face. He seemed so familiar.
"Is the Headmaster dead?" Harry couldn't come up with anything else to ask.
"Oh yes," said the thin man matte-of-factly.
"Then...am I dead?" next question Harry could think of.
"No." was the succinct answer.
"what is that?" indicating the baby sized creature still wailing.
"Tom Riddle"
Irritated, but still afraid of the man who told Dumbledore to leave. "How am I not dead? I didn't defend myself I let the killing curse get me!"
"That is why you are here." was the only answer as the man looked at him with no emotion.
"Here where!?" barked out Harry.
A flash of inpatients flittered before he answered "Between. Between life, death. Heaven, Hell, Purgatory"
"Explain" was the only reply from Harry
The man didn't answer Harry already knew.
"So the part of his should that was in me..." he started "is it gone?"
A look almost like a smile crossed his features "For the most part. All except the part left in the physical world."
Glancing at what was Voldemort he asked the man "So what is that?"
"What has been destroyed so far. Its waiting for the rest."
Still grasping at the situation at the not-King's Cross he could only think to keep asking questions "How am I still alive?" he needed to know if he had succeeded.
Still impassive he replied "In his pursuit of a body what happened?" he paused as the memory of the graveyard returned to Harry "He strengthened the bond between your souls between your magic. He took the.." here the man paused "magic." your mother imparted to you the first time he attempted to kill you." looking into his eyes unflinchingly he continued "He tethered you to himself. As long as he lived you would live."
"I thought it was the other way around? I though we both had to die!" he exclaimed his heart pounding as the reality that he just killed himself for no reason, that Dumbledore had let him believe he had to die. "Dumbledore knew didn't he he knew the whole time." he added desperatly.
Harrys emotional plight didn't seem to faze the man. He didn't answer the question they both knew the answer to.
They sat in silence. The skeletal man seemed unfazed by the long lull in conversation. "The wands...why was I able to overcome the wand he borrowed?" looking for anything to talk about besides why he commited suicide.
"Does it matter?" replied death for the first time looking bored at Harrys nod he placated the wizard "The increased strength of you bond. Your souls and Lilly Potters protection were transferred to both of you, but Tom Riddle did not have the means to tap into your mothers magic. When you were able to win your battle of wills you took in some of the strength his wand had gained over the years and gave his wand your strength and courage you shown." Steeling his gaze he continued "When you did battle from that point on when your wands battle they both recognized each other as kin and as moral enemy. Your wand would use Riddles own strength in battle.

Harry was floored he only had one thing to ask the man seemed to know so much maybe he had an small inkling to what this all meant. "He killed me with Dumbledores wand..The Elder Wand." Harry needed to know what this would mean.

"He failed to kill you with Dumbledores wand." He stated quite frankly "He never was a master of the Hallows."

"Who are you?" the question raging in his mind "How do you know all this?" this stranger knew what only he and Dumbledore knew. How? He screamed in his mind.

A brief smile from the man chilled Harry "Death. I am Death, Harry Potter" his eyes bored into Harry's unflinching as from the beginning.
Sign up to rate and review this story