Categories > Original > Drama > Chicana

Damn, Don't Bite Me

by sickly_ill 0 reviews

"Why? Won't there'll be other hoochies there for you to smash?"

Category: Drama - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2011-06-01 - Updated: 2011-06-02 - 2035 words

0Unrated
A/N: Just of you get a little confused...Ricardo AKA Ricky, Psycho, Nardo. :)


Another boring day at work. It has been weeks since Smiley moved to Hillsboro. We got to know each other. And were becoming best friends.
Smiley and his buddies come regularly on a Saturday night to fill up for the party their going to after they pay me a visit. Being loud and laughing hard, the boys are eating their burgers and fries when Smiley comes up to the counter. "Hey." He says.
"What?" I ask.
"Damn. Don't bite me. Me and the guys were wondering if, when you get off, if you wanted to come to this party tonight?" He asked. "Well, mostly Nardo/Psycho."
"Why? Won't there'll be other hoochies there for you to smash?" I start spraying down the counters and wiping them clean. He just laughed.
"Psycho wants you to go." He smiles and bites his lip and wiggles his eyebrows up and down. I look back. Psycho is the one that likes me.
"So, why doesn't he ask me himself?" I ask. Smiley just shurgs. I sigh.
"So, what ya say?" He asks.
"When does it start?" I ask.
"Eleven. We'll pick you up." He smiles again.
"No. Just give me the address and I'll find the place." He nodded and scribbled it down on a napkin.
"And where something that doesn't make you look like a nun, okay, mija?" He suggests.
"Sure." I put the napkin in my pocket and punch out to get ready for the party tonight.
Being invited to a party was so surreal. It felt unusual. Which it was. I've never been to a teen party. So I didn't know how to dress. Smiley said not like a nun. What he didn't know was that I didn't have a black robe in my closet. Or a big wooden cross.
After raiding my closet I found a blue, plaid mini shirt and a white tank top and a black, leather bike jacket. And after more digging I found some black, leather boots Sydney got me for my fifteenth birthday.
I curled my hair and put on some make-up. I walked downstairs with my Louis Vutton containing my cell phone, my make-up bag and a small pocket knife I bought last year.
My dad was on the couch reading a Sports Illustrated. He looked up at me. His eyes wide with surprise. "Where are you going?" He asked.
"A party." I said like I did it every night.
"Where?" He got up.
"Downtown." I tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear.
"Why?"
"Because I was invited. My friend Smiley invited me." I smiled. I heard Dad sigh.
"Just be careful." He half smiled. I was headed out the door when I heard Sydney.
"Where are you going?"
"None of your business." I slammed the door and drove off in my car. I knew exactly where the party was. It wasn't even in downtown. It was at some kids house on the outskirts of Hillsboro on the way to North Plains.
I pulled up and saw lots of cars parked everywhere and lots of people all over the house and outside. The bass was shaking the house and there was red plastic cups abandoned all over the porch and front yard. The door was open and there was dim light spilling from the inside. There was yelling, laughing, drinking. I had never seen such a sight. Some of these kids were in my classes.
I pushed through the crowd looking for Smiley. That's when Psycho came up to me from my side. He had a red cup in his hand. "No te precupes. This is my first and my last. Swear." He chugged the drink down and placed the cup on the couch we were standing next to. "Wanna dance?" He screamed in my ear, over the music.
"I would, but I don't know how to dance to this music." I said.
"Ahh!" He smiled. "Pues esta facil!" He took my hand and lead me into a crowd of hot bodies. He stood behind me, took a hold of my hips and started swining them back and forth. "Just move with the music." And I did. It was easy.
"What is this called?" I asked.
"Grinding, babe." He laughed and we continued to dance and grind. I don't even know how long we danced. Time flew by. "Hey, you want to get a drink?" Psycho asked.
"I don't really drink." I yelled over the music.
"They have juice and shit too." He smiled and took my hand and lead me into the kitchen. He opened the fridge and handed me a bottle of water.
"Thanks." I smiled and drank a big gulp. "Where's everybody else?" I asked. Usually I saw Psycho with his posse.
"With their girls in the rooms upstairs." I scruntched my nose and Psycho just laughed. "What?"
"I just don't get how they can have sex in someone else's bed, or house. What if they have a contagious disease or something that you can catch?" I swallowed another gulp of water.
"I don't either." He just shrugged.
"Can I ask you something?" I leaned back on the counter.
"What?"
"What's your real name?" I tilted my head sideways.
"Uh," Psycho smiled. "It's Ricardo." He rolled his R in the best way I could ever imagine. "But some call me Ricky." He rubbed the back of his neck like he was nervous about what I would think about his real name.
"But Smiley calls you Nardo." I said.
"Smiley thinks you can get Nardo out of Ricardo." He giggled.
"Like Billy from William. It makes no sense." I nodded.
"Exactly!" He nodded.
"Well, I like Ricky. It's cute." I smiled. He grinned and stepped more towards me. I just looked at him through my eyelashes.
"You're cute." I smiled and wrapped his arm around my waist. His face centimeters away from mine. I could feel his hot breath on my face. He licked his lips almost in nervousness and in a flash his eyes were closed and his lips found mine. Like magnets we connected our mouths. I closed my eyes and kissed him back. He was gentle and tender. Like, if he wasn't, he would break me. Ricky wasn't as bad a kid as I thought.

I went home on a high. Like I was floating on the clouds. My first kiss and it was amazing. Ricky even kissed me goodnight and told me he'd be by my house tomorrow to ask my dad for permission to take me out. I can't believe all this happened so fast. A guy actually likes me!

I was in a daze at school. I didn't pay any attention to anything. Butterflies filled my stomach. I had this ridiculous grin on my face all day! Even Smiley noticed and teased me about Ricky. But I didn't care. I was too busy with wondering what my dad would think about him and me going out. I really hoped he liked him. I want my potential boyfriend and my dad to get along really well. Because if my dad likes the guy I'm dating it gives me more freedom to go out more with him and it gives my dad reassurance I'm not out with some lunatic.
After school came and I rushed home. I dolled myself up and waited for Ricky to show up.
I was waiting in the living room flipping through channels when the door bell rang. I jumped up and ran to the door. When I opened I didn't even recognize him. He cleaned up. Nice dress shirt, creased Dickies, hair slicked back, clean shaven. "Hey," I smiled. "Come in." I stepped aside.
"Nice place. Took me a while to find." He laughed and leaned in to kiss my cheek. "I never really come to this side of town."
"Yeah, cooker-cutter houses confuse me too." I grinned and closed the door.
"You look nice." He commented. "Just for me?" He asked jokingly.
"If you must know, yes." I nodded.
"I like it, babe." He looked me up and down.
"Raquel? Is that Ricky?" I heard my dad call from upstairs.
"Yeah, Dad!" I yelled.
"Be there in a minute, pues." A moment later Dad came jogging down the stairs in a Adidas track suite. "Que onda, Ricky?" My dad and Ricky shook hands.
"Aqui no mas, Senor." He smiled.
"Don't call me senor. It's Cristobal. Cris for short, if you want." He nodded.
"Okay," Ricky nodded as well.
"Have a seat." My dad motioned to the couch. I sat next to my dad while Ricky sat in a recliner opposite us. "So, you want to date my daughter?"
"Yes. I think Raquel is a good girl and I've been needing one of those in my life." He cracked a joke. He and Dad laughed. They continued like that for a good 30 minutes. Then, Dad turned to me.
"What do you think, Raquel? Do you want to date Ricky?" He asked.
"Of course. If I didn't I wouldn't have let him come over to ask you." I said. Which was the truth.
"Well, it's settled." My dad got up and so did Ricky and I. "Now, if you excuse me kids, I need to go for a jog." We both nodded. "See you soon, Ricky?" My dad asked.
"Count on it, Cris." He smiled. I was so relieved that my dad liked Ricky. I did too. And I wanted my dad to start being a part of my life like he was always meant to be.
"So, you wanna come up to my room?" I asked.
"Are you trying to seduce me, Raquel?" Ricky quirked his left brow.
"No," I laughed. "I just thought we could hang out." I smiled. He just laughed and followed me up to my room.
"Nice room." He looked around. Then he stopped and headed toward my desk. He picked up my sketchbook that was underneath some textbooks and papers. "I didn't know you draw." He opened the book and flipped through it. "These are hella tight." I said.
"Thanks?" I half smiled.
"No, for real. They're fuckin' good." He smiled and I sat on the bed. When he was finished he put the book back down. He just looked at me.
"What?" I asked.
"You're beautiful." He said. I felt my cheeks get hot and my body fill with butterflies and goosebumps. He moved closer to me. "Too beautiful for me anyway."
"Why do say that?" I asked and leaned back on my hands.
"Well, look at me." He stopped infront of me.
"I don't see anything bad." I said. He just grinned and leaned down, and kissed me.
"C'mon, let's get something to eat." He took my hand and lead me down the stairs where I saw Sydney come in with shopping bags in each hand. Almost tripping over her stilletos when she saw Ricky. We stopped on the stairs.
"Who's this?" She asked.
"This is Ricky." I said.
"You never told me you had a boyfriend." She smiled in joy and excitement.
"Well, it's none of your business anyway, so, we're going now." I lead Ricky down the rest of the stairs and stopped at the door to take my car keys and purse.
"Oh, babe, we can take my car." He smiled.
"Yeah, I know. I just don't trust certain people in this house." I said, glancing at Sydney who stared me right in the eye. Ricky just nodded and we went out the door.
"Who's that?" Ricky asked while he opened the passenger door of his Cadilac for me.
"Stepmom." I grumbled and slid into his car.
"Oh," he said. "So, what do you have against her?" He asked once he was sitting in the driver's seat.
"She spends my dad's money on unessentials, tries to control my life and wants to replace my real mom." I frowned.
"I'm sorry I even asked, babe." Ricky said.
"No, it's good that you know so you aren't so clueless in my home life." I smiled. He grinned and backed us out to go eat.
Sign up to rate and review this story