Categories > Original > Horror > Within Old Bricks

Sneak

by scentlessapprentice 1 review

Category: Horror - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Published: 2011-06-03 - Updated: 2011-06-03 - 183 words

0Unrated
They walked along the tracks until they reached a large, black cast-iron gate. She tried calming her nerves with a sigh but it wouldn't help any.
With one hand, he pushed open the gate. The sound of the old metal creaking broke the thick silence surrounding them as well as causing a flock of crows to flutter away from the warm roof where the last bit of sunset shined.
The pair walked through the clear path past countless numbers of waste and debris had been degrading for years. When they reached the heavy cement doors, she stopped dead in her tracks.
"It's okay," he tried, attempting to get her over her fears and worries surrounding this place.
"No, no," she shook her head, "there's something wrong, terribly wrong. I can feel it."
But in reality, her instincts had betrayed her. There wasn't anything wrong. There were no familiar black cloak-clad guards waiting behind the massive doors with weapons to seize these curious trespassers.
All was still. All was quiet.
And the old bricks called their names in the dead breeze, inviting them in.
Sign up to rate and review this story