Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Behind the black door

by BeccaBAM 1 review

Madison is new in town and her first run in with Gerard Way leaves her wanting more

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Humor,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2011-06-04 - Updated: 2011-06-04 - 1949 words

0Unrated
This is a re-write of my old story "Cemetery Drive" I thought it needed some tweaks, let me know what you think :)


I was new in town. If you could call this place a town, it was so small that you could take three left turns and be back exactly where you started off; this did mean I wouldn't get lost though. I stepped out of the car and from that moment I knew that I was going to hate this place. It just wasn’t right for me. I hated that we had to move here but there was just no way we could have stayed in England, we wasn’t safe there and we would never be safe there again. I stared up at the big new house, it was different to our old house and I wasn’t keen on different. My mum had been doing this house up for months, trying to get it perfect so that we could move in straight away. She had done a really good job and it did look amazing but it just wasn't the house i was used to. The house was very modern. It was very open and well light, most of its walls were made out of glass and the others made to look like wood. I didn't really like these styles of houses I would have rather be living in a house which had lots of history and pieces of furniture from times that nobody's heard of. The furniture in this house was brand new and fresh out of their Ikea boxes which meant their where about seven thousand other people with exactly the same stuff. Great. I walked into my room and dumped my bag onto my bed, because my mum had been shipping everything over and been up already all my stuff was unpacked ready for me. I sat on my bed slowly taking in my new surroundings even though this room didn’t look very new, she’d decorated exactly like my old room with my cd’s and typewriter all in their places; she’d made it as homely as possible. I walked over to the writing desk which was underneath my window so I could look out to the back garden to find a little note already typed on my typewriter “Welcome home, I love you” I smiled at the five words knowing my mum must have wrote it earlier. She was such a sweet heart at times. Even though I didn’t want to admit it to my mum yet I knew we were going to be just fine in this new house because we had each other.

I walked down the stairs, my stomach was rumbling so loudly you could hear it throughout the entire house. I looked around the kitchen for some food but nothing was being cooked yet.
“If your looking for food you can wait” my mum laughed unpacking some pans and storing them away in the cupboards. “Madison, I really can’t figure out how you stay so slim the amount of food you go through” I hated when she called me Madison, it made me feel about four. I looked down slowly, she was right. I had a slim slender body but it was very boyish in shape, no flattering curves I was almost as straight like a ruler. I had pale skin because there is hardly any sun in England and long curly chestnut hair that stopped just before my elbows. “If your really that hungry you can go to the shop and buy us something for tea, a pizza maybe?” I rolled my eyes, this was just all part of her plan so I would go shopping for her.
“Where’s the list” I moaned with a slight smile, I had to admit she was clever.
“On the side, moneys in my purse” I took the list and some money and walked out the door. I’d seen a shop when we’d driven up it was only a small local shop but it would do for what we needed. I found the shop in no time, it was tiny and looked a little run down; boarder up windows with glass on the floor, peeling paint and a wonky sign. I’m guessing this was the standard in Jersey. I walked around the aisles slowly collecting the items off the list singing the words of a song that was playing on the radio under my breath. I walked over to the freezer looking if there was anything worth eating for tea but it was almost empty, just bags of peas shoved in the bottom. Pasta it is then I thought frowning to myself. I paid for my items getting the usual “hey your British” from the boy behind the till, my accent made me stick out like a sore thumb in America it was awful. I smiled politely and nodded walking out of the shop biting my lip. A group of guys were sat on the pavement leaning on the wall all in deep discussion until they noticed me, each of their heads turned slowly to look at me causing my cheeks to grow red. I smiled slowly and raised my hand a little in a feeble attempt of a wave, five of the boys smiled back but the sixth boy sat in the middle didn’t. Instead he narrowed his eyes into a glare making me blush harder and walk home quicker. I didn’t know him but it was obvious he didn’t like me. I looked over my shoulder just as I was turning the corner to see his dark eyes following me with his messy black hair floating around in the soft breeze; he looked almost evil.


Morning came far too quickly for my liking. It loomed before me as I dressed that today was my first day at my new school. I walked down the stairs looking around for my mum but she’d already left for work, I frowned slightly wishing she was here to wish me good luck. I pulled on my coat and put in my headphones; I love walking to school with my music blasting it made it turn into a sort of work out. I got to the school gates knowing that soon I would have to leave the sanctuary of “Sabotage” by the Beastie Boys and have to deal with the consistent muttering of “that’s the new girl” you’d think they’d realise I already know this fact but kids don’t they like to point out worthless bits of information. I felt a small tapping on my shoulder making me turn round slowly, it was the boy from the shop but today he wasn’t glaring. I slowly took out my headphones not really wanting to talk but also not wanting to be rude.
“Sabotage by any chance?” he smiled, I looked down at the headphones in my hands which were still blasting out every note and words so clearly there was no need to be wearing them. I blushed slowly and turned my music off.
“I guess it was a little loud” I smiled slowly.
“That’s the only way to listen to good music though, what’s the point of listening to it quietly?” I nodded slowly, this was true. Music was supposed to be played loud and enjoyed.
“True I guess” I bit my lip softly unsure of why he was talking to me but thankful because it meant he wasn’t glaring at me. “I’m not exactly a big fan, my friend sent them me to listen to on the plane .. I only really like Sabotage” I blushed and looked up when I heard the bell.
“Ah, I best get going. Can’t be late for class again. It was nice meeting you” he smiled before walking off leaving me to find my way around the huge school alone.

My first day had dragged on for what seemed like forever. It was so terrible, everything that could have gone wrong did. I walked down the street with my hands shoved in my coat pocked I smiled slowly when I saw my mum stood on the front doorstep; how sweet of her to wait for me to ask how my day went. “How was your first day honey?”
“It was school, it was awful” I frowned slowly waiting for her to go into the house but she stood biting her lip. “What is it?” I knew she wanted something because of the nervous facial expression she had which quickly turned into a smile.
“It’s a letter” she said holding it out “would you just go and deliver it for me?” I rolled my eyes and took it slowly “I’ll start tea and when your back we can have a long talk about anything you like yeah?” I nodded slowly and walked back down the path. I’m sure I have “Joey” tattooed on my forehead. I looked at the address on the envelope 23 Cemetery Drive, it was only around the corned but I just wanted to be at home slobbed on my couch. I reached the house, it stood all alone with a large black door. Who has a black front door? I shook my head slowly and posted the letter through the letter box, I would have normally knocked on and give it to her but I didn’t know this woman and my mum was friends with some freaks so I thought I’d best play it safe. I started to walk back up the path when the front door swung open.
“Oi!” I turned round on my heel feeling slightly confused to what I’d done wrong. And there he was. It was really starting to bug me, everywhere I’d been today he was there. Each class he was sat there smirking, dinner he was sat on the table behind me, walking home and he was about ten steps behind until he reached a silver car and got in it. He was almost stalking me. “Is this yours?” he asked holding up the letter looking at me with one eyebrow raised.
“Erm yeah .. I think I’ve got the wrong house though” I said looking round “it’s for a Mrs. Way” he cut me off and nodded slowly.
“Ah, my mum. I’ll give it her” he leaned on the door frame smiling cockily “can I ask why your sending love letters to my mum? Aren’t you supposed to send them to me?” I laughed softly, it was such a cheesy line but he looked so serious.
“Aww I’m sorry I don’t do soppy love notes to guys I don’t know”
“Eww” he glared at me “I was serious”
“I’m going now, got more mums to send love letters to” I closed the gate behind me slowly smiling.
“I was going to ask you out this Friday as well. But seen as you have a thing for my mum I don’t think I’ll bother” I stared at him a small smile growing on my lips as he walked over to the gate leaning closer to me/
“Really?” he nodded smiling.
“Your new and all and I thought I should get to know you” I bit my lip softly smiling.
“Too bad, I’m busy on Friday with your mum” I smirked and walked down the street feeling his eyes following me. I looked over my shoulder slowly and he was still holding onto the gate smiling. Wow, he was hot.
Sign up to rate and review this story