Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Changing the World

by KimmaLoveLaugh 1 review

Maybe the vibration of the guitar strings could save the world. He just needed to make sure those vibrations sent the right message. This was written for a contest on live journal with the promp...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-06-04 - Updated: 2011-06-05 - 980 words - Complete

0Unrated
Kneeling shirtless in front of a chair in the dressing room, Frank writes in black permanent maker, 'Homophobia is Gay', on a red, inside out t-shirt. A strange move right? Well not for Frank. You see, yesterday after their show in Jersey, the band's home state, Frank was outside signing autographs, trying to get each and every fan, while his band mates went back onto the bus, when he overheard four 'fans' ganging up on a gay couple. And Frank was offended. He wasn't offended, however, that they were inadvertently insulting him or the lead singer of his band. He was offended that these 'fans', people that he just remembered signing autographs for, liked his music. Didn't they get the whole concept of their message? He shook his head, finishing up the ticket that he was marking with his name before stepping over to the four, big, homophobia assholes.

“Hey!” He stepped in between the asshole and the gay man that was getting shoved. “Fucking stop, man. They have just as much right to be here as you do. Probably more, you fuck face.” Frank spit, making sure the gay couple was behind him now. Frank was a small guy, yeah, but he didn't think that these guys would hurt their 'idol'.

The men were flabbergasted, was the guitarist of their favorite band really doing this? Apparently so because Frank didn't stop. “Homophobia is gay, man. We're people too.” He said before turning to the gay couple, leading them away from the four bastards. Frank had just outed himself...

When he was sure the couple was no where near the homophobic assholes he turned to them asking if they were okay. Both men nodded, completely starstruck and still slightly shaken. The taller man grabbed his partners hand and squeezed it gently,

“Thanks for doing that, Frank. We, uh, were afraid of what could've happened.” Frank just nodded, placing a reassuring hand on the taller man's arm, squeezing gently.

“It's alright, man. No one deserves to be treated that way” Frank smiled briefly before turning to go back to the bus before the band, but mostly Gerard, have a fit.

“Hey, Frank?” The small man finally speaks up, causing Frank to stop and turn around.

“Yeah?” He asks, his hand immediately going into his pocket for his sharpie marker, expecting to be asked for an autograph.

“Are you really gay?” He asks, moving closer to his boyfriend.

Frank thinks for a moment, did he really just admit that he was gay? In front of fans? Wow he did. And if Frank was honest...he could really careless. “Yeah, man, I am.” He spoke before smiling proudly and turning away from the couple, walking back to the bus.

That was last night, though and once he showed up at the bus, strangely silent, Gerard knew that his small boyfriend was planning something. And that was true, Frank spend the whole night thinking about a way to bring attention to the fact the homophobia was not allowed at any My Chem show. The shirt was just the way to do that. Well that and the action that he and Gerard did on stage. So now that the shirt is finished, he slipped it over his naked torso, walking to the mirror in the dressing room looking at his finished product. Smiling to himself, he looked down at the writing wearing it proudly. The guys don't question the shirt, this band has always been about people being themselves and Frank was just asserting that right.

After the show that night, Frank and Gerard end up cuddled in Frank's bunk talking about the show and the non-stop Frerard action that they pulled on stage. Frank was very proud of it all. He wanted those homophobic mother fuckers to leave their show, sell back their cd's and burn their shirts. He didn't care that they probably lost fans. He didn't want fans like that. Frank even commented to Gerard in bed how he wanted the whole world to know that the leader singer was shacking up with the guitarist, Gerard of course just laughed and shook his head, wrapping his arms tighter around the small man, in a somewhat protecting way.

“Yeah and if we did that we'd have to have Worm follow us everywhere.” Gerard mumbled, sleep starting to take over him.

“You think so, Gee?” Frank asked looking up at his lover, he didn't understand how the world could be that mean.

“I dunno, baby. You never know what people are capable of.” The older man said, letting his hands run up and down Frank's back, absentmindedly.

“Yeah, but...” Frank let the sentence drop, he didn't really know how to respond to that. He knew that if he was any other guy tonight trying to stop that fight he probably would have ended up in ICU, but because he could strum a few cords it made him cool and immune to the terrible things that the world was capable of. It wasn't fair that gay men and women couldn't be with the people that they loved. Love was love, he'd rather love a man like Gerard, than a dirty girl that just wanted him because he was in a band.

Sighing to himself, Frank let his eyes slip shut, wishing that the world was different. Wishing that he had to power to change peoples minds. And maybe he did. Maybe the vibration of the guitar strings could save the world. He just needed to make sure those vibrations sent the right message.

Just as he was about to fall asleep he heard the hoarse voice of his boyfriend speak into the top of his sweaty head, “You gonna wear that shirt everyday now, Frankie?”

“Of course, I am.” Frank mumbled without a second thought, sleep almost completely taking over his mind. “Homophobia is Gay.”
Sign up to rate and review this story