Categories > Anime/Manga > Pokemon > The Image of Truth

The Mysterious Dream

by Crimson_Reaper_67 0 reviews

Ash is interrupted in the middle of the night by Misty talking in her sleep. In witnessing her dream, he learns the truth behind the death of her parents. In it lies a startling secret. What lies a...

Category: Pokemon - Rating: R - Genres: Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Ash,Misty - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-06-04 - Updated: 2011-06-05 - 1708 words

0Unrated
Ash awoke from a nightmare. Not your average nightmare, but true terror from the very bowels of Hell. Cold sweat ran down his face and his hands were shaking. “What a nightmare!” he said to himself, his voice shallow and shaky. Something didn’t feel right.
That’s when he heard a voice coming from outside. Misty’s voice. “Misty?” he called, loud enough so someone could hear, but not overly loud as to not wake anyone else. No answer. He called again. Still no answer. “How odd,” he muttered. He left his tent and saw...no one. Nothing. She was still in her tent.
He heard her voice again. He crept up to her tent and peeked inside. She was curled up on the floor in a deep slumber. She had been talking in her sleep. He entered her tent. That’s when he noticed the faint, blue glow surrounding her. “What the?!” He crept closer. He laid down beside her. He suddenly felt a tingling warmth in his chest. He closed his eyes.
What he saw startled him. He was suddenly in a dimly lit room with a queen-sized bed in the middle of it. It was just light enough to see, but too dark to see much other than the bed and...himself? Since when did Ash have such a slim body with a set of boobs? And then he saw...himself next to him...or her? He realized that he was seeing through Misty’s eyes. A dream...
Suddenly, she spoke. “Ash?”
“Yeah, Mist?” he replied. Or, well, himself in the dream.
“You’re my best friend,” she began.
“This is true,” he said. “Your point?”
“I feel I can tell you things I can’t tell anyone else,”
“You can tell me anything, Misty! You know that!”
“Well, I haven’t been entirely truthful with you,” Misty paused to breathe and then continued. “My parents didn’t really die in that plane crash like I’ve said before,”
“Then what really happened?”
“Well...”
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was sunny. Clear, blue skies with not a single cloud in them. Like the ocean it was. And the grass was perfect. A vibrant green, and soft to the touch.
There she sat. She was crouched down on the ground clutching her new Pokeball. It contained a Staryu, one of her absolute favorites. She had wanted one ever since she could remember.
She was wearing a floral dress. Lavender with deep red roses on it, and no sleeves. It went just a bit past her knees. Her fiery red hair was short, cut in an almost perfect bob cut. She was seven years old at the time.
“Misty?” called her dad from the front lawn.
Her bright blue eyes sparkled beautifully as she sprang to her feet. She ran to him. “Yes, Daddy?” she asked.
Her dad was a tall, well fit man with short, brown hair in a buzz cut. He wore a gray T-shirt and jeans. He bent down so that his violet eyes were level with Misty’s. “Lunch is ready, Honey,” he said with a warm smile.
“Okay,” said Misty, a grin on her face. “Smells good!” That’s when her mother came out with graceful steps like those of an angel’s.
Her mom was a little shorter than her dad with long, flowing, red hair that matched Misty’s. Her eyes were just a shade darker than Misty’s. She wore a floral dress the same as her daughter’s, except it was baby blue instead of lavender. “What’re ya cookin’, Dear?” Her voice was very beautiful to the ear. “It smells goo-”
Suddenly, a shadow flashed by Misty’s mom like a bullet. A split second later, blood gushed a crimson geyser from her neck. Her eyes widened as the light faded from them. She was falling. “Mommy~~~!!!” Misty cried, tears flowing rivers down her cheeks.
“Tiffany!!!” cried her dad. He ran and caught her just before she hit the ground. However, she had been dead long before she came to rest in his arms.
Suddenly, a figure appeared before them. He was dressed entirely in black. He even wore a ninja hood, leaving only his eyes visible. His eyes were yellow with an eerie glow emanating from them. He was about as tall as Misty’s dad. “I warned that you’d be sorry, Justin,” he cackled, “but you didn’t listen! Now, where is the jewel shard?!”
“You bastard, I told you! It’s not in my possession!!” argued Justin.
“I don’t give a fuck! I didn’t tell you to give me the damn thing; I told you to tell me where it is!” the man shouted. Justin remained silent. “Not gonna tell me, eh? Then you can die too!!” He disappeared again. Suddenly, Justin collapsed to the ground with blood pooling around him.
“Da~~~ddy~~~~~!!!” Misty cried. More tears followed. Suddenly, she turned serious, and her eyes began to glow deep blue. The same color as her eyes. “You will pay!!!” she cried. Droplets of water began to gather and form around her until a water sphere surrounded her. A barrier.
She lifted into the air. She screamed, and the water barrier that surrounded her stretched out, forming rope-like tendrils, which shot at the man. Before he could even react, the tendrils swept him off his feet and slammed him into her house. He grinned and disappeared in a cloud of midnight smoke. She thought he would return, but alas, he did not. She lowered to the ground. The barrier collapsed to the ground around her.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“...And the last thing I remember is my sisters running up to me!” she finished. Her face was now tearstained.
“Oh Misty, that’s awful!” he said, pulling Misty into a tight hug. She suddenly pressed her lips against Ash’s. His eyes went wide at first. Then, they closed. The two of them pulled away a few seconds later. Both were blushing.
Everything went black. “Wow,” was all he could say. He noticed that Misty’s arms were wrapped around him. He blushed crimson, unconsciously moving closer to her. Soon, he was fast asleep.
The following morning, Ash awoke. However, he felt that something was different. He opened his eyes and gasped. Neither him nor Misty had a shirt on. He blushed, feeling her soft flesh pressed up against his chest. ‘What the hell happened last night?!’ he thought, racking his brain. Yet, he came up with not a single explanation for what he woke up to find.
Suddenly, her eyes flashed open. He froze. He stared deep into her deathly blue eyes for a few moments before she screamed, “Ash Ketchum, you pervert!” She pushed him away and covered herself. He blushed and turned away. That’s when a frying pan slammed hard into his temple. He flew out of her tent, grabbing his shirt and pulling it on. Various blunt objects - pots, pans, clubs, etcetera - began flying out after him. He covered his head and made a run for it.
That’s when he noticed Brock rolling in laughter next to his tent. Ash grabbed him by his collar and pulled him down behind it. “What the hell are you laughing about?!” demanded Ash, rubbing the bump on his forehead.
Brock, still giggling, turned to Ash. “‘Cause it’s so damn funny that you’d have the nerve to do something so vile and perverted,” he said, barely able to keep a straight face.
“What?! But I didn’t -” Ash paused for a moment. “Wait a minute! You did this! You took our shirts off!! I don’t know how you managed to pull it off, but you did it!!” He reared back, still gripping Brock’s collar, and punched Brock square in the mouth. Brock grunted as he was hit. “Now, you’re gonna tell her the truth, you got it?!”
“What makes you think I’m gonna -” Brock got hit again, this time a hard one to the gut. He winced. “F-fine, I’ll t-t-tell her,” he breathed.
“That’s more like it!” Ash stood up, dragging Brock to his feet. “Come on then. Let’s go!” he growled, pushing Brock in front of him. He ushered Brock forward, following close behind.
As they stepped out into the open, Misty instantly locked onto the both of them. Her eyes burned with anger. “Ash!”
“Now wait just a minute, Misty,” Ash said nervously. “B-Br-Brock would like to say something,”
“What?!” she snapped, turning to face Brock almost instantaneously.
“It -” Brock gulped, tossing a nervous glance toward Ash. “It-it was me. I set you and Ash up,” he confessed. “I thought it would be funny to Ash get pu-pulverized,”
“So it was you?!”
“Ye-yes, it-it was,” said Brock, staring sheepishly at his feet.
Misty walked up to Ash, suddenly smiling. She kissed him on the cheek, blushing slightly. “I am so sorry, Ash,” she said. She then turned to Brock, every ounce of her anger bubbling to the surface again. “As for you,” she began, pulling out her hammer, “you’re dead!” Before Brock could even turn to run, she clobbered him several times rapid fire over the head with her trusty hammer.
Ash snickered as Brock struggled to his feet, rubbing his throbbing head. “I-I guess I deserved that,” he said.
“Yes, you did!” said Ash and Misty, giggling.
Ash then noticed a beautiful city on the horizon. “Look,” he said, pointing to the city, “there!” Brock and Misty gasped when they saw it, their eyes widening and their jaws dropping.
“It’s amazing!” said Misty.
“Yeah, simply gorgeous!!” agreed Brock.
Ash suddenly took off for the city, laughing and smiling. “Hey, wait up!” shouted Brock and Misty, running after him.
When they reached the city, there was a sign at the entrance that read, “Welcome to Celeo City.” “So this is the legendary Celeo City,” Ash muttered. He then turned to Brock and Misty. “Let’s explore the city,” he said. “We’ll meet back here in...a couple of hours, eh?”
“Yeah,” replied Misty and Brock. They then took off in different directions to explore the city.
Sign up to rate and review this story