Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto

Destined

by Rizember 0 reviews

You'd think your soul mate would be more compliant and not want to y'know, kill you. Humour, sasunaru, fantasy

Category: Naruto - Rating: R - Genres: Fantasy,Humor,Romance - Characters: Naruto,Sasuke,Gaara,Sakura - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2011-06-05 - Updated: 2011-06-05 - 4113 words

-1TrainWreck
Destined

by Rizember

xxx-xxx

Chapter 1

xxx-xxx

Beta'ed by: karenyu926... This gal right here's responsible for getting me to update stuff (with inappropriate use of guilt and blackmail)

xxx-xxx

Summary: You'd think your soul mate would be more compliant and not want to y'know, kill you. Humour, sasunaru, fantasy

xxx-xxx

Disclaimer: insert witty disclaimer here.

xxx-xxx

The world you know is fake.

Everything you see and hear has been chosen with perfect detail. The birds you heard chirping, the snail you saw on the sidewalk…everything.

Even though it's a bitch to have your world controlled, it's a whole lot easier than the alternative.

It's funny how I'm looking down at everything and even though I know it isn't real, there's nothing I wouldn't give to be a part of it and be blissfully ignorant of the other world that coexists

A world of monsters.

Even though we call ourselves monsters, the inhabitants of the other world are not the meaning that humans would call to mind. We aren't bloodthirsty miscreants- well, except for the vampires, but they can't help it.

Funny how that world is actually more civilized than you'd think.

No wanton killings, no unnecessary wars… No stealing candy from babies.

It's my world…the world I belong to and even though for most of my life, I've been aware of it, I've never seen it before. And today, my birthday, its doors will be open to me and I'll be forced to join it and learn to do what monsters everywhere have been doing for aeons.

Living in both worlds.

I looked over the city below me and sighed. I would miss it, no doubt.

"Naruto?"

I turned and smiled.

My parents smiled at me, albeit worriedly.

Looking at them, I figured I already had it all. My dad's looks and my mom's flair for mischief…

"What are you doing up here?"

I looked down again. The Rasengan building was the tallest building in the city and it was my father's gift to me. He should really blame himself for my love of heights.

"Taking one last look."

My mom huffed, "You aren't dying Naruto, just going off to college."

"Same thing."

Dad looked at me and smiled warmly, "Come on, it'll be great. We both went there and look at us now…"

I raised an eyebrow questioningly at him and he childishly stuck his tongue out at me.

I rolled my eyes at my parents and moved towards them. "If it sucks, I'm coming home."

"We'll just send you back."

"Someone will think you don't want me here."

"Fine, you can come with us on our second honeymoon."

"Ew! Dad!"

"What? You're the one who wants to stay."

"Fighting dirty isn't necessary."

"It's the only way to fight."

We got in the elevator and my mom adjusted my tie. "Don't worry, love, it'll be fun."

I nodded, feeling like they had to repeat it to convince themselves as well.

Because today is the day I get betrothed.

My seventeenth birthday…

Today, I get marked.

Great.

I toyed with the crystal hanging from my neck and sighed. My grandmother had given it to me this morning as a protective charm.

I could only hope it actually worked.

The party would start in an hour and I'd leave with my family before the clock strikes nine. By ten, I'd have my wife chosen for me and then…well… then I'd be off to college, probably with her.

This has been the way things have gone for years…and werewolves are sticklers for tradition.

I wonder if anything will be done differently because I'm not a pure breed.

No one's exactly sure of the protocol as well, I think my relatives were just relieved that I was born without any extra parts.

My dad's a werewolf which is why today's a big deal for the family, on his side anyway. My mom on the other hand, is a witch and her side is the reason why, as we walked into the hall, people were zooming past us on brooms and floating my cake to its stand.

I smiled. I rarely get to see any of them use their powers except on special occasions, like today.

No humans were invited today.

My dad's wolf pack is known to be one of the only three packs capable of being Phasors, in other words, werewolves that don't need the full moon to transform. Because of that, my wolf family is greatly respected in their world.

Both sides are hoping I'll take after them.

When the butler announced our arrival, dad's side of the family all phased and bowed low. I looked to the side and noticed my dad had phased too. He looked at me and grinned, "Happy birthday, son."

I hugged him, burying my face into his warm golden fur as the room filled with approving howls from the wolves and cheers from the witches and wizards.

When I let go of my dad, my mom hugged me and said, "Have fun."

I nodded and left them as the wolves all returned to their human forms. I spotted the only friends I'd made who weren't human or related to me, and rushed over to them.

Kiba, an animagus- like a Phasor, except that he can turn into various animals; Sakura, a powerful witch; Gaara- a vampire.

We'd all grown up together. Our parents had been friends who'd all met at the university we were all being shipped to tomorrow.

"Happy birthday!" Kiba tackled me to the ground and held out a small box, neatly wrapped, in the palm of his hand.

I gave him a look, "Uh…get off me so I can open it."

He complied and Sakura smiled, "It's from all of us."

Gaara just raised his glass at me in a silent 'cheers'. He seemed to be checking out some girl, one of my cousins. Gaara drinks animal blood which has apparently been made 'human flavoured'. It is for this very reason that I never understand why his breath is always minty fresh. Does he slip a mint in when no one's looking?

When he's deprived of blood, he gets really quiet and turns violent.

The one time this happened, Kiba and I both had trouble holding him down while Sakura put to use some spell to produce fake blood to satiate him for the moment. It had taken awhile and Kiba had gotten seriously injured, leaving me to fight Gaara till Sakura could come up with the blood.

We'd rushed him home and his mom had been frantic while his dad had just said, "It's like history repeating itself."

Apparently, the same had happened when they were younger, when Gaara's dad, my parents and Kiba's mom had been in university and someone thought it would be fun to 'switch the vampire's blood with wine'. The person had nearly died.

I unwrapped the small gift and stared. It was a wrist watch with a blank face and no numbers.

I looked questioningly at them.

"Put it on, genius," Gaara said, sipping at his 'juice'.

I slipped it on and waited...

Nothing.

"Uh…thanks?"

Sakura laughed, "Give it a second. This one's quite stubborn."

"Huh?"

"Naruto," Gaara said. "It's the first time we've been allowed to get you a non-human gift."

"A non-hu…Oh."

I looked at the watch again and it seemed to glow bright green before a face started to form on it.

Fully formed, it looked like the face of a grumpy old man.

I blinked. "Er…hello…?"

"Who the fuck are you?"

"Your owner?"

"Like hell you are! Don't wake a fucking watch up unless you wanna know the time, you fool!"

I looked up at my three best friends. "I love it!"

Kiba nodded, "Who wouldn't love a swearing wristwatch?"

Sakura sighed, "I worry about you guys sometimes."

Gaara, obviously distracted by my cousin in the distance, said, "Uh huh." He handed Sakura his glass and disappeared into the crowd.

"Vampires." Kiba snorted. "Horny buggers."

Sakura held onto Gaara's glass, knowing better than to leave it anywhere. "So…are you excited?"

"It's his birthday!" Kiba grunted. "Of course he is."

"Not about that, you idiot," Sakura huffed. "About his betrothal."

Kiba blinked, "That's today?"

Sakura sighed and shook her head, "I'm going to go give Gaara his 'people juice' before he sleeps with your cousin. Maybe when I get back, Kiba will have grown a brain."

"Whatever, bitch."

"It's witch."

"Same thing."

I laughed as Sakura rolled her eyes at Kiba and walked away.

"Where's your betrothal?"

"The Alorian."

Kiba gaped.

The Alorian was the most exclusive hotel in the monster world.

"You're having it there?"

I nodded. "And since it's a betrothal, only werewolves are allowed. Sorry buddy."

"I'll survive." Kiba sighed then seemed struck by a thought. "Your dad's a werewolf, right?"

"Duh."

"And your mom's a witch."

"And the title of Captain Obvious goes to…"

"How did he marry a witch when you're supposed to pick a mate from a different wolf pack?"

"Werewolves get a mark in the presence of their mates. My dad didn't get marked on the day of his betrothal and so, was left alone."

The packs were disappointed at the time. A catch like a Phasor, especially with my dad being the alpha, was definitely something to have in the family. He'd been an alpha from the age of thirteen, even though he didn't tell me how he became one.

I'm not sure if my parents will be relieved or upset if I don't get marked at the Betrothal Ceremony.

A weird thing about the mark is it looks just like a tattoo…and dad doesn't have one because he fell in love with mom.

And something utterly stupid about the marking and the whole 'this is my soul mate' thing is that when a werewolf meets his soulmate, if its another werewolf, they are filled with an immense killing intent.

Meaning when I meet my soulmate, I would want to kill her…I probably will try to kill her. Heck, I probably would kill her. It's instinct.

The period of betrothal is there for wolves to overcome that hatred and build a friendship…or love.

Because of that, we're all trained from the time we're able to hold a sword to be battle-ready so, that in the event that you meet your soulmate on the street, you don't end up dead.

Gaara has always found this aspect of wolves particularly amusing. That bastard.

Betrothal ceremonies are held as a kind of elimination process. If I don't get marked at the ceremony, it could mean my soulmate either wasn't present or that my soulmate isn't a wolf.

Werewolf packs from all over the world are invited and I suppose it's a big deal to be invited to the Alorian, so I'm pretty sure they'll all be there.

It'll be nice to meet the other packs, see how other wolf families behave-

"Uncle Lin, don't you dare pee on that wall!"

-and pray they don't have to mark every wall they see as their territory.

The party was lots of fun. It was nearing nine and I had to leave…well, me and every other wolf.

Sakura, Kiba and Gaara (who was glaring openly at Sakura) all said goodbye to me. When they thought Sakura wasn't listening, Kiba and Gaara wished me the perfect mate: a hot girl who doesn't say much, has huge boobs and a great ass and sees nothing wrong with sharing me with her hot friends in memorable threesomes. Unfortunately for them, Sakura was within earshot. I smiled warmly as they were pummeled by flying apples and made my way to my father.

Dad kissed mom goodbye and we left and waited by the elevator.

"Don't forget this."

I looked down at the sheathed sword my dad was handing me and laughed, "Your stories were true?"

Dad nodded, "Of course. Look."

I looked around and noticed quite a few of my relatives, both male and female, with swords by their sides. I also noticed that they were the ones who were unmarried and not betrothed yet.

I took the sword and dad helped me attach it to my belt, leaving it hanging by my side.

We turned back to the elevator.

It opened and-

What I saw was sooo not the usual elevator…

Through it, I could see what could only be the other world, Konoha.

A colourful place where the sky was trafficked by witches, gargoyles and dragons and the ground had every other non-airborne creature.

A few wolves were running through the streets and I smiled.

"Welcome to the Konoha Express."

I looked up.

"Grandad!"

My grandfather, my dad's uncle, Jiraiya, hugged me and said, "Happy birthday."

With that, he pushed me into the elevator and I gasped.

It felt like I'd just been dunked into ice cold water.

"Jiraiya!"

Jiraiya looked sheepishly at my father who was by my side, glaring at him.

"What, Minato? We're late."

Dad shook his head and transformed. "Get on my back."

The other wolves changed and Jiraiya, I noticed, was the only white wolf there, him and my dad being unique in that my father was the only wolf with golden fur.

I hurriedly got onto my father and held on tightly as he turned and ran.

The streets were a blur as we moved effortlessly on the cobblestone paths. With the wind in my face, I could barely see the brightly lit massive building in the distance.

The Alorian.

The wolves that had been ahead of us sped up and reached the hotel hastily, getting in before us. Protocol apparently had to be followed. We were to be the last pack there, arriving exactly at nine.

Dad halted at the doors, stepping aside to let the other wolves rush in, changing into their human forms only once inside the doors.

I got off his back shakily and before I could fall, he'd changed back and held me up.

"You okay?"

I nodded, "Whoa…can we do that again?"

He laughed and held me to his side.

Everyone was inside and the only ones remaining were me and him…and granddad, who was apparently trying to chat up the woman at the door.

She hissed at him and he came back to us, dejected.

Dad sighed, "Come on, Jiraiya."

Jiraiya nodded and led the way inside. The receptionist, eyeing Jiraiya wearily, lead us through to two massive twin oak doors that opened slowly as we approached.

She smiled warmly at me, "Happy birthday, Naruto."

I smiled back at her and she blushed lightly.

Jiraiya wiped a tear from his eye, "He has my charm."

Dad snorted, "Right."

We were now in full view of the hall…and everyone.

The people all moved, as if synchronized, and the Phasors transformed, leaving the rest in their human forms and they all bowed. From the numbers, I could tell that both other Phasor packs were present.

I blushed a little, not being used to all this attention.

Beside me, my dad and Jiraiya transformed and edged away from me before turning to face me and bowing.

I felt weird but did what was expected of me and bowed, first to my father, then to Jiraiya and then to the rest of the hall.

Everyone changed back as I stood up straight. I smiled as music started to play and everyone went back to whatever they'd been doing before my arrival.

The Alorian's reception hall was huge…and would be perfect for whatever would happen tonight. Sometimes, other wolves found their mates at these ceremonies and fights would break out between them. That was the reason a large but confined meeting place was necessary.

(I am a spy page break. I saw you picking your nose)

Sasuke straightened himself out and sat back down.

He found Betrothals amusing, especially the fights that were common at them.

His own betrothal ceremony the year before had seen almost four other betrothals happening. He hadn't found a mate there and though he hid it well, he'd been thrilled. He was the alpha of the pack and now he didn't need to have some simpering female by his side. Besides, he was sure if he'd been marked that night, he'd have killed her. It was extremely rare that soul mates actually managed to kill each other but it wasn't exactly unheard of…and he wouldn't be held responsible. Hell, his pack would even respect him more for being able to kill his mate.

He lightly touched the sword by his side and smiled slightly. He carried it as a formality. He didn't expect to find a mate but as his brother told him in good humour, "Best be prepared so you're prepared to kill your mate…just in case."

Sasuke looked across the distance at the three generations of alphas of the Namikaze Phasor pack. They were the most powerful pack in the world, followed closely by his own, the Uchihas.

The old man, Jiraiya, was a known pervert and had announced his nephew as alpha when Minato was just thirteen. Minato must have proved his capabilities quite well for him to have had no opposition.

The next alpha, Naruto, had his back to the Uchiha, was speaking with the alpha of a non-phasing pack and showing respect by bowing before shaking the man's hand.

Sasuke found that surprising. He was powerful and didn't show respect where it wasn't due.

"Give your brain a night off, little brother."

Sasuke shot his older brother a glare, "Not all of us have an off switch."

Itachi smiled, "You should buy one. They're going at half price now."

"Thanks, but I'll pass."

Itachi shook his head and sipped at his wine.

Sasuke turned back to Itachi. "I don't recognize Namikaze's kid."

Itachi nodded, "He wasn't present at your betrothal last year and before then, he was too young to attend Konoha events."

"He lives in the human world?"

"Not for long," Itachi plopped an olive into his mouth. "He'll be attending Konoha University this semester."

Sasuke's eyes narrowed, "Why didn't he attend my betrothal?"

Itachi's eyes shone with amusement, "It wasn't out of disrespect. He was in hospital."

"A fight?"

Itachi nodded.

"Tch. Weakling."

"Actually," Itachi smirked. "It was a fight with a vampire."

"He lost so it doesn't matter."

Itachi laughed. "He didn't lose. The vampire is his friend and he apparently wasn't trying to kill him."

Sasuke couldn't hide the impressed look that snuck onto his face. Even werewolves knew better than to take on a blood-thirsty vampire…better to attack them when they'd had their share of blood and were fairly reasonable. And for a wolf who wasn't able to transform yet…

"He made friends with a vampire?"

"They are family friends."

Sasuke shrugged. "Where is his mother?"

Itachi chuckled, "Look, I may find gathering information in my free time particularly relaxing but I don't exactly have all the dirt on them."

Sasuke snorted. "Please."

"Okay, okay…his mother's a witch."

"He's a half-breed?"

"Although an unorthodox one. Naruto Uzumaki Namikaze is the only half-breed werewolf known to the monster world that is something other than one part human and one part wolf."

Sasuke looked at the blonde again. Maybe he was worthy of being his pack's next alpha.

"Threatened?" Itachi teased.

"As if," Sasuke snorted. "My pack has nothing to do with him and in case you forgot, I'm already alpha."

Itachi sighed, "It's not always about power, Sasuke."

Sasuke raised an eyebrow at him, "Duh. It's also about money."

"You're a lost cause."

Sasuke ignored Itachi and said, "Do we have to go greet him, too?"

Itachi nodded, "Of course. Hasn't he earned your respect?"

"Did he defeat the vampire?"

"With major injuries and long enough time for his other friend to get the vampire some blood."

"He hasn't earned enough respect for a lifetime of bows but maybe enough for one."

Itachi smiled and stood when Sasuke did, making their way across the hall to the Namikaze alphas.

"Look, mom and dad are already talking to them."

Sasuke sighed and continued walking.

He was almost there when Naruto turned and their eyes met.

"Do you think they'd serve me both chicken and fish?" Itachi asked.

Sasuke didn't respond.

His eyes were locked on the clear blue ones that had narrowed.

The people near them all seemed to sense something and moved out of the way.

Sasuke and Naruto stared at each other with no distractions.

When Sasuke reached for his sword, Itachi blinked, "Whoa Sasuke, what-" He noticed Naruto's hand on his sword and Itachi sighed, finally understanding the situation stepping back and grabbing a martini from a passing waitress.

"This should be good."

(I am an alcoholic page break. Shaken not stirred.)

I have no idea what the hell is happening.

One minute I'm smiling politely at a joke Fugaku Uchiha was making and the next, I look up and…well…

Onyx eyes were looking back at me and I was filled with the greatest need to rip them out.

"Well…this is unexpected," I heard dad say.

"We certainly didn't see this coming," Jiraiya added.

"Best to step away, lest we get killed in the crossfire," Fugaku said calmly. "We can watch from over there."

I unsheathed my sword and before I could even blink, the raven's sword was being blocked by my own. I had no idea I could move that fast… I pushed him off and stepped back, prepared to attack. He charged at me and I struck back.

I wanted desperately to kill him and even as I thought that, I knew that I didn't have to. There were sparks flying as our swords clashed and we stepped back only to charge at one another again.

A bright idea occurred to me and as he charged again, I blocked and reached under his arm…and tickled him. He hadn't expected that. It was hardly a battle tactic but Jiraiya had always taught me to do the unexpected so…

The raven stared at me in surprise as I grabbed his sword and threw it into the nearby pillar. As I moved forward, he dropped himself and grabbed the hilt of my sword, spinning in the air and loosening it from my grip before embedding it in the pillar next to his.

I jumped away from him, ready to kick his ass with or without a weapon.

We rushed toward each other and even as we fought, it seemed like some kind of dance. He blocked every hit and I did the same. It was like we were evenly matched.

Then suddenly, his footing seemed off and I landed a punch. At the exact same time that he did…and-

Everything went black.

(I am an ugly page break. I'll never get married.)

Itachi looked at the two boys on the floor who'd just knocked each other out and chuckled. He placed his glass on a nearby table and walked up to them. Minato and Jiraiya checked on the boys and announced that they were fine, just unconscious.

Cheering filled the hall as Itachi carried Sasuke and Minato carried Naruto, and placed them on a large table, side by side.

Itachi asked Minato to step aside and with glowing fingers, touched the boys heads.

The hall was silent as he worked.

Minutes later, he smiled and stepped aside.

Naruto and Sasuke groaned and opened their eyes. Slowly, they sat up.

They turned, looked at each other, and leaped off the table, glaring at each other from either side.

Minato and Fugaku stepped forward.

"Boys?" Fugaku said, smiling happily.

They looked over at him.

"You are now betrothed," Minato finished.

Sasuke flinched, as if in pain, and grabbed his neck while Naruto doubled over clutching his stomach.

Itachi pulled away Sasuke's hand from the base of his neck to reveal a tattoo that looked like three spinning balls in a circle while Jiraiya untucked Naruto's shirt and pulled it up, showing a swirling tattoo around his navel.

The hall was filled with cheers again, louder than before but which somehow didn't manage to drown at the twin cries of, "HELL NO!"

They'd been marked.

xxx-xxx

For the secret yaoi channel, press 1.

For pictures of Naruto doing the macarena, press.

For world domination and endless cheese rain, press 3.

For why the hell aren't the above buttons working, click the review button below, leave a message and a technical crew of rabid fangirls will get back to you. Promise.


Go on...click it
Sign up to rate and review this story