Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Route Guano

by clochlochloe 0 reviews

Every Killjoy's life starts on Route Guano. Most end there too.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Sci-fi - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2011-06-06 - Updated: 2011-06-06 - 400 words

0Unrated
May.2019

The bombs came first, then the fires. The screams that came with them are still in my head. Floating around, always there. Poison says they'll disappear soon, that they won't bother me. But it's been eight years and they're not going away. I don't think they ever will.
I was seventeen when it started. I was eighteen when The Man came.
The Man fixed everything, fixed everyone. At first we thought he was some sort of saviour. I suppose if you had to liken him to someone it would be Jesus. But there's no religion any more.
In a way he was a saviour, he rebuilt, he took away all the pain and suffering that came with the destruction of 2012. But, like all good things it came as a price. We stopped feeling. There was no more joy, no more sadness, no more hate. No more love. We just were. The pills and the meds were stripping us of what mad us people, what made us human.
When I was twenty the rumours started. A group of people who were fighting back against The Man, BL/nd and everything associated with it.
Killjoys.
The name was whispered across the Zones, spreading like wildfire. By the time it reached my Zone I already knew I'd be leaving to join the band of rebels in the war against BL/nd. They had complete control over us, hourly Drac Patrols, weekly medicals to make sure we took our meds, an a mandatory monthly assembly in the Zone Hall where we were addressed by The Man.
I knew I had to get out, and becoming a Killjoy was the best way to do it. BL/nd was slowly killing me. I had no freedom in the Zone. I was going to be a Killjoy.
On my twenty first birthday I left for good. A stolen ray gun in my back pocket and fistful of twentys.
There's one thing you should know about Route Guano. It's the beginning and end of every Killjoy's life. My life started there, I wish it had ended there too.


This is just something I was messing around with. It is nowhere near done, this is actually the only thing I have so far. I just wanted to put it out as a feeler so any and all feed back will be rewarded with cupcakes and unicorn badges.
Chloé
Sign up to rate and review this story