Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Helena

good and bad news

by adrenaline_bomb 2 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2011-06-06 - Updated: 2011-06-06 - 1461 words

0Unrated
White, white and more damn white. It’s everywhere; blinding me, crushing me, suffocating me as I drag my heavy feet towards the door of room 206 where my angel was waiting. Ray took a deep breath and opened the door, holding it open for me to walk in as I saw Gerard laying there, still perfect in my eyes.

“Frankie?” He asked, looking up from where he was picking at his IV with a disgusted look on his face as I entered the room, running straight to him and grabbing him into a tight hug. A new wave of tears splashed from my sore eyes as I held him tight to me, sobbing heavily as I mumbled my sincere apologies over and over again.

“I’m so, so sorry baby.” I sobbed, my knees weak as I perched on the bed, pulling back to look at him better, His black hair dishevelled, singed and sooty. His face pale white as the blood and burn that ran from the back of his jaw bone on the left side of his face and all down his neck to his collar bone standing out from all the white of the room. His grass green eyes were alight with love and tears as he gazed back at me, boring into my very soul.

“You have absolutely nothing to be sorry for, I’m so glad you’re okay.” He told me, cupping my cheek in his hand as he rubbed away my tears with his soft thumbs.

“I’m so glad that you’re alive!” I said, taking his hands in mine and kissing his soft palms.

“You’re burnt.” He commented concernedly and I sniffed, looking at my arms. My one which was tattooed was just a bit singed, and the other currently plain one was burnt pretty badly. Not enough that it won’t heal within a month or so and not enough that a quick bandage at home won’t sort out.

“I’ve had worse.” I said honestly and he bit his lip.

“I know.” He whispered, pulling me into a hug so I was practically lying on top of him.

“I love you.” I whispered.

“I love you too, so much. I’m never going to leave you.” He promised.

“I’ll never leave you either.” I said, my tears stopped and heart feeling lighter.

“Oh Gee!” I heard Donna gasp from the door as she ran hurriedly towards us. I slid down into the seat next to Gerard’s bed and kept a firm grip on his hand, our fingers entwined as our palms fit together perfectly. Meant to be.

“Hi Mom.” Gerard squeaked from under her bone crushing hug as she pulled back, holding his face in her hands.

“Oh, my.” She gasped, examining all the burns and sears of his beautiful flesh.

“Mom, it’s not that bad, really.” He said, smiling before coughing harshly. I could practically hear his throat scratching and grazing as he hacked, before something black came out of his mouth and into his hand.

“Oh hell.” I muttered, getting some tissue to clean him up as he lowered himself back down into the soft pillows.

“Are you okay?” She asked and he nodded.

“The doctors are doing some tests and stuff to see how my lungs are, apparently I inhaled a lot of smoke in my sleep as well. They’ve cleaned the burns and bandaged the ones that need to be protected but they say that it’s best if they let the one on my neck breathe for a bit.” He recited to his mother.

“How did it happen?” She asked and I gulped, new tears forming in the corner of my eyes.

“It was my fault.” I whispered, bowing my head in shame and pulling my legs to my chest, feeling exposed as I gripped onto Gee’s hand.

“What!?” She gasped and I nodded, sniffing.

“Mikey had a migraine on so he went to bed after we came home and Ray and Bob were tired so they did too. We’d brought birthday cake and candles for something to eat and then when we came home, they went to bed and Gee went into the living room to put a movie on and I sorted the cake out with some drinks. I went back in and Gee was asleep and the window was open, with those long curtains blowing in, so I put the drinks and the cake down on the table and I was about to close the window or move the cake but somehow I fell asleep with Gee. I’m so, so sorry.” I whimpered, tears falling from my eyes even though I was sure that I had cried them dry by now.

“Frankie, it isn’t your fault, really.” Gerard said, his hand squeezing my fingers gently. I shook my head, knowing full well that it was.

“Frank, I don’t blame you at all. The house can be rebuilt and stuff, that’s what insurance is for. As long as all of you are okay is all that matters.” Donna said, her voice soft and caring as she rubbed my shoulder, I flinched because it hurt.

“Sorry.” She apologised and I shook my head, feeling awful.

“It’s okay, it just hurt.” I sniffled, lying my head by Gerard’s arm on the bed.

“Maybe you should go and get yourself checked out too? You must have breathed in a lot of smoke.” Ray suggested, placing a gentle hand on my other shoulder which wasn’t as burnt.

“Nothing that I can’t handle.” I assured, earning sceptical looks from Donna and my band-mates though they all knew better than to question it.

“Excuse me, who is the next of kin for Mr Way?” The nurse asked and I bit my lip. Was it still Donna or Mikey because me and Gee aren’t married yet? Or is it me?

“That would be me. Although I would appreciate if you tell Frank and Mikey first as well, then they can explain to the others.” Donna asked and the plump red headed nurse nodded.

“May I ask what the relation is to Mr Way?” She questioned.

“I’m his brother.” Mikey said.

“I’m his fiancé…I think.” I muttered the last part too low for anyone to hear me.

“Okay, if you two boys go outside please, I’d like to speak to Donna, Gerard, Mikey and Frank.” The nurse asked, holding the door open politely as Ray and Bob slid past.

“If you’d care to take a seat please.” She started, pointing for Mikey and Donna to sit down. Oh no, that’s never good at all.

“Now I have some good news and some bad news.” She said and I could practically hear Gerard rolling his eyes.

“Spit it out, the suspense is killing me.” Gerard muttered sarcastically, making me give an inappropriate giggle.

“Okay. The burns will heal over a few weeks and the scars will fade gradually. There is also no serious damage to the lungs that was caused by the fire.” The nurse told us, a sigh of relief crashing past my lips.

“But.” She held up a finger. Damn the but, why is there always a ‘but’?

“Tell me.” Gerard whispered, his eyes flickering nervously as we bit our lips, my palms becoming sweaty. Whatever this is, it isn’t going to be good at all, is it?

“We have seen signs of developing lung cancer, with the right treatment, we should be able to stop it before it spreads. It shouldn’t turn out to be fatal.” She informed us, face blank of all emotion as I choked on a sob or words, I’m not quite sure which. I looked to Gerard, who’s eyes were filled with fear- with treatment comes needles. And she only said ‘shouldn’t’ be fatal. Not that it won’t.

“Mr Way, do you smoke?” She asked and he nodded, squeaking a ‘yes’.

“Well, I suggest that at least until the treatment is over you try to drastically cut down, or more preferably, quit.” She told him and he nodded, a vacant expression painted on his features.

“Any questions?” The nurse asked and I nodded, trying to find my voice.

“When does the treatment start?” I eventually croaked out.

“Tomorrow.” She said, before turning on her heel and leaving us all in the deathly quiet room.







wow, I actually updated. Sorry for the wait but some shit went down that was pretty bad. I promise to update as soon as I possibly can and I'll try and battle the current writers block. Please rate and review.
Jackie
xxx
Sign up to rate and review this story