Categories > Original > Drama

Devil's Playground: Thrill of the Hunt

by MrENemesis 0 reviews

Poor magalina, she's suffers more than anyone can imagine. Her chaotic life, the horrible decision she made. and only to find out she is jesus's descendant. And with charlie trying to prove himself...

Category: Drama - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Horror - Characters: Dark - Warnings: [V] [X] [?] - Published: 2011-06-08 - Updated: 2011-06-13 - 12234 words

0Unrated
Chapter 1

In The Beginning….

"Demion…Demion, Demion, Demion. Fuck Demion! I'm his older brother! But "daddy" favors him more, so he's the chosen one? Fuck that! I was always better than him! I am smarter, faster, stronger, and better looking than he ever will be! WHY IS HE THE ANTICHRIST? It's bullshit! I'm the first born! I should be the antichrist! Not him!"

The thoughts went through Charlie's mind as he paced back and forth through the living room of his Las Vegas apartment. As he ranted and raved, he continued to grow angrier and angrier. He began destroying everything in arms reach. He hurled a toaster from the kitchen and watched it fly through the living room wall and lodge itself in the bathroom wall between the cabinet and toilet. Two pieces of toast fell out and landed in the toilet below.

"It's bullshit!" He screamed as he stretched his arm out over the kitchen counter and swung with great force wiping everything off the counter. Forks, bowls, knives, pencils, and papers went flying across the hallway slamming into the white wall. Spaghetti, Parmesan cheese, and tomato sauce stained the wall, and pieces of meat ball stuck to the rough surface. Charlie walked barefoot with a heavy stomp through the shards of broken glass that littered the hallway and living room floor. He grabbed the coffee table and hurled it into the air. The table flipped once before slamming into the shelves knocking everything off. Anything that was left standing was swept off and broken on the floor.

"CHARLIE!" a loud bellowing voice rang out in his mind. "Knock it off! " Charlie stopped for a second and looked around his apartment. He knew the voice, it was all too familiar. "Go away Demion." He said. In an attempt to ignore it he walked into the bathroom and flipped the light switch. He walked over to the sink to look at himself. His firm physique filled the mirror. His body was cover in ink, tattoos from every era of time was embedded in his skin. Tribal symbols from ancient armies decorated his upper right arm. Ancient dragon symbols and serpents littered his right arm. But of all the markings on his body, none stood out more than those from when he was captured during the medieval times. Burned across his forehead was the inverted cross he'd been given after being accused of witchcraft. , A permanent reminder of betrayal that haunts him to this very day.

Charlie turned on the water faucet and cupped his hands together then splashed the water over his face. He looked up into the mirror and noticed someone standing behind him. He stood six feet four inches, and small dreadlocks were intertwined in his brown hair. His pale white eyes pierced the soul. His teeth shined brightly through his devilish smile.

"FUCK YOU!" Charlie screamed. He grabbed the toaster from the wall and hurled it at his brother. Demion waved his left hand and the toaster gently settled on the ground next to his feet.

"Did anybody ever tell you, you have a serious impulse control problem?" he asked.

"Apparently you don't know what the words go away mean." What do you want?" Charlie said with his teeth showing and a snarl on his face.

"Oh, come now. Is that any way to greet your little brother? After all, I am a guest. "

"An uninvited guest, now what do you want?" Charlie commanded.

"Whoa chill oh fearless one, I'm just here to tell you "daddy" wants to see you." Damien replies with a smirk on his face, "ha-ha-ha-ha-ha you're in trouble." he sang.

"Well you can tell that old fuck -"

Damien cut him off "I wouldn't suggest angering him more than he already is. You remember what he did to you last time."

Damien stretched out his arm and clenched his fist and in a fiery blaze disappears leaving behind soot in the form of a pentagram. Charlie clenches his fist tight and swings at the mirror shattering it to pieces.

Screams of pain and agony echoed through the hallways of a rundown poorly kept clinic. Doctors surrounded a young female giving birth. They gave her weak pain killers and comforted her as much as possible. Twenty-seven hours had passed since her water had broken and it seemed as if nothing was able to cure the pain since then.

"PUSH MAGGY PUSH!" the doctor yelled.

The harder young Magalina pushed the more exhausted she became. "ONE MORE BIG PUSH!" the doctor yelled one last time.

Magalina took a few deep breathes, clenched her fists, squeezed her toes and pushed as hard as she could.

"IT'S A BOY!" the nurse said.

She wrapped the new born baby in a towel and handed it to Magalina. Magalina cried tears of joy but her moment of bliss was short lived. A group of six men walked in the room and circled the bed, forcing everyone who wasn't wearing a black trench coat, gloves, gangster tux and sunglasses out of the room. Heavy footsteps echoed of the walls of the room. The circle of six men opened and a seventh joined the group. The tall figure stood at the foot of the bed. His shadow stretched across Magalia's body and touched the wall just over her head. The poor lighting made it hard to make out his features. From what little light that was shining through the window made him just barely visible.

The man's hat hung low, covering the top of his face, only exposing his gritty salt and peppered five o'clock shadow. The cigar hanging out of his mouth was almost gone as he took a few more puffs from it. The thick cloud of smoke that circled him filled the room like a dry fog. He removed the cigar from his mouth

"We had a deal…" He said then took one last puff of his cigar and put it out on the railing at the foot of the bed.

"Here take him, he's all yours." Magalina handed the unnamed child to the man closest to her and he handed it to the black figure.

"Pleasure doing business with you." The man said then turned toward the door and made his exit.

The room cleared, but the stench of the cigar lingered as Magalina coughed a few times waving her hand in front of her face to circulate the air in front of her. The doctor came in and opened the window next to the bed and turned on a fan. Following the doctor another man entered the room. He stood five feet nine inches tall with short jet black hair. He had a goatee with a mustache trimmed and neatly cut. He wore a feathered purple hat on his head and a fur coat and a suit to match with gator shoes. The man stood at the foot of the bed. His pinky ring shined brightly in the light and his hand cupped the crystal ball of his hard wood cane. He turned his head and looked at the door then whistled. Two younger females entered the room.

"GG, Karly!" Magalina smiled and held her arms open wide. The two girls quickly walked to the side of the bed and hugged Magalina.

"Ahem!" the man cleared his throat.

"Hi Steve." She said to the man.

"Maggot." Steve replied.

"Where are Marie and Jessie?" Magalina asked.

"Working, the same thing you should be doing right now" Steve replied.

"I just got done giving birth-" Steve raised his cane and swung with great force striking Magalina across the cheek. She fell out of the bed and hit the ground hard. "Don't ever talk back to me bitch!" Steve yelled.

He looked over at the doctor, "How long until she can work again?" he asked.

"A few weeks at most." the doctor replied.

Steve turned his head back to Magalina, who was slowly crawling back into bed, and snarled. "I'm losing money because of you. You better be able to work soon." He turned and walked out the door then whistled.

"Okay honey. I'll see you later." GG said to Magalina.

"Bye Maggie!" Karly said.

The girls all hugged then GG and Karly made their departure.

The night may be chaotic, but a large stone church just outside the Vegas strip was quietly occupied. Gargoyles stood atop the massive stone structure peering out with wicked like faces, with serpent tongues hanging out of their mouths. Though they appear as demons they protected the church from any evil that may attempts to enter its doors. The ear piercing screech they gave out paralyzed the dark spirit making it unable to enter the church, and after 600 years not evil entity had made it passed it threshold.

Inside sixteen rows of wooden benches stood in front of a huge orchestral stage. The altar stood to the left of the stage and candles lined the very back of it. Candles were located in every corner of the church. It may have been night outside but inside it was a bright as day. Two young ladies sat at the very back of the church. A high priest was talking to them. Father Knight had been working late and decided to do some after work worshiping, with a little extra on the side.

"I just don't understand, I've asked him so many times to get me out of this life and it just seems like he's ignoring me" one of the ladies said.

Her short fiery red hair glowed in the candle light. Her low cut shirt showed off her cleavage. The outfit she had on with the thigh high heels made it quite clear what she did for a living.

"My dear never assume God is ignoring you. He hears every word that you say. He just wants to see you do well for yourself." Father Knight replied.

"Then why didn't he answer my prayers when I asked him to let my baby be born healthy?" The other lady asked. She sat with one knee over the other. Her short gimpy skirt made it hard for her to get comfortable as she sat on the cold hard wood bench. Her white long sleeve button up shirt exposed her pierced belly button. And her long red hair flowed down the back.

"It was God's will dear. He works in mysterious ways but never question his motives, lass." Father Knight replied.

The doors to the giant church bellowed and cracked as they opened. Steve walked in with his cane taping the ground. He stopped at the end of the last row and turned toward the trio. "Marie, Jessica, Lets go." he said nodding towards the door.

"Here girls and remember God will never turn his back on you." He hand the two girls a large stack of money as they stood up and walked toward the door. Father Knight stood up and walked them out. He stopped at the entrance and turned towards Steve "My you could use God's light, lad." he said.

"I don't need anything. I got mine." Steve replied and walked down the steps to his car of the church.

A circle had been drawn with chalk on the living room floor. A star was drawn inside of the circle with a lit candle sitting at each point of the star. The main lights were off. The only light that was shown inside, a young practicing witch is knelt in front of an alter. A smaller pentagram had been set in the middle of the alter. Inside of that was a clear crystal ball with a mixture of sandalwood and Egyptian musk incense burning. The smoke from the incense curled up in front of the ball and made different shapes. The young witch chanted quietly to herself rocking back and forth with her eyes closed. Her brown curly hair swayed back and forth with her motion. She briefly opened her eyes to gaze into the crystal ball. The smoke took the form of another young female. The seemed to curl around her face. Her eyes took the shape of a cat. She waved her hand in front of the smoke clearing the air in front of the crystal ball. The smoke took another shape. This tie the form of a man. His curly hair reached his shoulder with a thick beard. Feeling a little peculiar, she waved her hand once again clearing the air. The smoke came back one more time and her eyes grew wide. "Oh no..." she said to herself. She knew that the skull that had taken was an evil omen.

Charlie walked through allies of ash, ember and hot coal. He slowly strolled through the burning surface and got a sense of pleasure out of it. His eyes closed and his mind clear he listened to the roaring flames as they shot up with great fury. He listened as he heard the laughter of imps as they ran around playing pranks on newly departed souls.

The pint sized demons wreaked havoc everywhere they went. Their wicked smiles and quick tempo, high pitch laughter would send chills down any normal beings spine. They laughed hysterically knocking the newly departed souls over and pushing them off edges into a burning abyss. Their wretched fun seemed to have no boundary, no one was safe not even their own kind. The sounds of screams were enough to make you head pound, but it seems to sooth Charlie.

The souls who weren't being burned, pranked, teased or tortured had already been corrupt and evolved into different level demons. The weakest were merely human with demonic powers. The strongest almost immortal. But no matter who the demon was or what level of Hell they resided, everyone knew of the demonic duo Charlie and Damien, and they all respected them. Despite all the noise chaos and commotion Charlie seemed to be at peace in this realm of torture.

As he continued down the path everyone cleared the way, except one. A new comer to this plain but not mortal either. He stood a mighty seven feet tall. Two horns curled out of his forehead and arched behind his ears. His eyes gleamed a fierce, fiery red. His teeth long and very sharp reflected the light of the flames. His fingernails were blacked to the shade of charcoal. They too were very long and very sharp, and he wasn't afraid to use them either. The exact image one would imagine a demon would look like.

"Erebus." Charlie nodded.

"Charlie." Erebus replied.

"What brings you to this neck of the woods?" Erebus asked.

"Dad wants to talk to me."

"Is that where you're headed right now?"

"No I'm just taking a walk. If he wants to talk we'll do it on my time."

"I think he's still pissed about-"

"It wasn't my fault, you were there when it happened, I was betrayed and you know it!" Charlie grew angry really quick.

"Yea I know, I'm on your side, man. I tried talking to him but you know how he is."

"Yea" Charlie replies.

"So why are you here? You're not from this plain." Charlie asked.

"Official business, I'm not supposed to talk about it" Erebus replies.

"Seriously? Did you forget who you are talking to?" Charlie felt insulted.

"Only I and the antichrist are supposed to -"

"I AM THE ANTICHRIST!" Flames shot through Charlie's eyes.

He reached out then clenched Erebus's neck and squeezed hard. Using half his might Charlie threw Erebus to the ember covered ground and pinned him still clenching his throat. "Now tell me your mission, or you'll spend the rest of eternity in the abyss."

Erebus coughed and choked gasping for air. "Okay..." he faintly said. "I'll tell you."

Charlie loosened his grip so Erebus could talk but still had him pinned. "I'm looking for information about the last descendant." Erebus said.

"The last descendant is dead." Charlie replied. "I should know because I was there when she died." Charlie showed his teeth.

"No, that was one of them but the last still walks the plain of man." Erebus replied. "Can I get up now?" he asked.

Charlie raised his hand over his head and struck down with great force driving his hand into Erebus's skull and ripped out his left eye. He laughed hysterically as Erebus screamed in agony. "Yes, you can." He said sarcastically. He stood up, turned his back and continued walking.

Of all the things demons and devils are known for one of them is not patience. It seemed as if an eternity had passed since Demion told his older brother that daddy wanted to see him. He sat in the chair on the right side of Hells throne. He waited impatiently alongside his father, who was tapping his finger as he counted the seconds that went by.

"Where is he?" Lou yelled. He slammed his fist on the arm of the chair slightly denting it. His finger nails were short but filed to a point. His outfit resembled a vampire's suit. The vest was a black button up velvet material. The over coat hung low just passed his knees. His slick black hair shined in the light. The horns that curled out of his head split at the end and came to a point.

The sound of his hand pounding on the steel echoed off the giant hall walls rattling the four big stained glass windows on either side of the circular room. Four pillars stood high and arched. Midway up on the pillars sets of four candles were lit. Four massive bonfires stood under each window and lit the throne room. A large fountain stood in the middle of the room. Magma spewed from the top and flowed down into what could be called a shallow lava moat, though it served no real purpose, it was mainly there for show. The three royal thrones stood behind the fountain.

"Don't worry he'll be here." Demion said. Just as eagerly impatient as his father. The steel double doors at the front of the throne room bellowed loudly as they opened wide. Charlie strolled through the entrance as if he were the king of Hell. He approached the throne and stood in front of his father. "Took you long enough." Demion mumbled under his breath.

Charlie snarled. Lou turned his head to look at Demion. Then slowly turned back to look at Charlie. "You certainly took your time getting here." Lou said.

Charlie just stood there with a stone cold look on his face.

"I am rather displeased with your recent actions" Lou continued.

"You're always displeased with me." Charlie replied.

"Because you never do anything worthwhile."

"Worthwhile?" Charlie grew fiercely enraged. His eyes turned a glowing red and he began grinding his teeth. "I lead legions of armies, commanded thousands of warriors and won battles all in your name, before this little parasite was born!" Charlie raised his voice "What has he done, huh? Raided a few cities only to come up short."

"THAT IS ENOUGH!" Lou yelled at the top of his voice slamming his fist into the arm rest. The bonfires around the room roared as they exploded with the fury of Hell. Damien snickered. Charlie and Lou shifted eyes from each other to Demion; Charlie growled and shifted his attention back to his father, locking eyes with him. "Just admit you favor him because you know I'd be the better antichrist"

"I don't favor him; I see more potential in him than I do you."

"Why?"

"Because he doesn't let himself get exposed." Lou paused for a second and let out a soft sigh. "I understand you have accomplished a lot but he has lead to you many of you victories if it weren't for him you wouldn't have accomplished all that you have."

"HE FUCKING SET ME UP!" Charlie now infuriated loses his temper. "Look at my fucking forehead you ignorant twit!" he pointed to the scar. "He did this to me! He exposed me! And you're the one who punishes me for something he did?"

"He did what was necessary to get the job done!"

"By exposing me as a witch? I am ten times the antichrist he will ever be!"

Lou paused and slightly kept his patience and lowered his voice to a normal tone "Then prove it." He said.

Charlie shifted his eyes to Demion again.

Demion looked at his father in a state of confusion "What?" Demion replied. "You're not serious…" He added. "Don't you think this is a little too important to be gambled with?" He asked.

"I think Charlie has something to prove if he's so confident that he is better, then he'll prove it."

"I do have something to prove." Charlie said.

"And what's that?" Demion replied

"That I am better than you." Charlie answered.

"This is bullshit!" Demion quickly grew impatient.

"What's the matter little brother, jealous?" Charlie gloated. "You want me to prove it? Fine I'll do just that. I'll do what dip shit here wasn't able to do for three hundred years. I will out do him and you WILL anoint me the chosen one!"

"And how exactly do you plan to do that, Chuck?" Demion asked mocking Charlie.

Charlie snarled then remembered the conversation he had with Erebus. He reached into his pocket and pulled out the eye he had ripped from Erebus's skull and threw it at Demion's feet. Charlie started walking backwards and opened his arms "Let the game begin." He said with a wicked smile then disappeared in a fiery blaze. Demion slowly turn his head and glared at his father.

"This is on YOUR hands." he said, then disappeared.

Chapter 2

The Hunt Is On

Two months have passed since Magalina had gave birth. She was still sore, a stiff aching in her womb the only physical reminder that remains of the child she gave birth to. Not a day went by that she hadn't thought of the horrible mistake she had made. The deal with the devil haunted her. The depression and emotional trauma it caused had nearly crushed her. All she could do was live with the guilt. Her short black skirt exposed her leg from the knee to the top of her thigh. She wore a low cut party shirt with leopard print. Her sandy brown hair covered her ears and curved around her face. Her green eye resembled that of a cat.

As the dusk slowly turned to night it was almost time for Magalina to go to work. She sat down and leaned against the brick wall of a run down, abandoned house that she lived in with four other females. Her skirt lifted a bit exposing her leg a little more. She set her purse beside her, reached in and shuffled around to pull out a pack of cigarettes. She opened the pack, pulled out a joint and put the pack back in her purse. She shuffled around again to find a lighter. She put the joint in her mouth and raised the lighter to her lip, and flicked it on. The flame shot up singeing her eye brow. "OW, FUCK!" she screamed. She took the joint out of her mouth and flicked the lighter again, this time holding it away from her face. She held the joint up to the tall flame and lit it, then put it back in her mouth and began smoking.

As she inhaled the smoke the sweet taste of cannabis-sativa floated over her tongue and into her lungs. An overwhelming feeling of relaxation came over her. She rested her elbows on her knees, folded her arms, and laid her head down. "What the fuck have I done?" She asked herself in her head. "It's not fair." She continued. Tears started to build up in her eyes and she silently began to cry to herself. "I can never be forgiven for this." She said. "I'll never forgive myself." She lifted her head and took another puff from the joint then laid her head back down. From twilight's growing shadows came a voice coiled with a thick Irish accent. It was a man's voice. It was a voice that Magalina was actually happy to hear.

"What are ye doing lass?" The man said. His six foot frame stood over Magalina like a tower. Magalina stood up and snuffed the joint out and put it in her purse. With an ear to ear smile and arms wide open she hugged Father Knight tightly.

"How are you doing lass?" He asked.

"Do I really need to answer that?" She replied.

"I know it's hard to handle, lass. But you will see him again. "

"You don't understand. He was my first born... my only born... and I had no choice but to give him away." The two sat on the curb. Father Knight wrapped his arm around Magalina. Magalina rested her head on her arms, crying again. Father Knight hugged her tight and began comforting her.

"Shh, lass. I know it's painful, but you are a strong young woman." In a flash of temporary rage, Magalina slapped Father Knight hard, an angry red handprint blossoming across his cheek .

"What the fuck would you know about this? One, you don't even have kids! Two, you're not married! And three, you never had to give up something that you've wanted your whole life!" She shouted. She sat back down on the curb and wept loudly.

Father Knight held his cheek. The red print was in the exact shape of Magalina's hand. He rubbed his skin, trying to soothe the stinging. He looked at Magalina, who was turned away from him, and wrapped his arm around her again and held her.

"Did you forget, lass? He was mine, too…" Father Knight sighed heavily before glancing back at her crumpled form. "Why don't we go somewhere warmer, hm?" He said. He stood up and pulled Magalina up by the arm. They walked to the black 1997 Ford Taurus.

It was dark out, and the night seemed dull to her eyes. Shrouded. The only thing visible was the moon. The thick clouds veiled the ball of light, making it appear as if through a black, silver, and gray tunnel. As they journeyed toward Father Knight's church, Magalina began eying him. Smiling suggestively and rubbing his thigh she shifted eyes back and forth between his eyes and his crotch. He looked back and forth between the road and her, knowing what she has in mind.

"What's it going to cost me dear?" He said with a smile.

"Oh no, this is a thank you for getting me out of there." She replied and winked.

She slid her hand over his crotch and undid his zipper. She played with him teasing him as he tried focusing on the road. Once he was read she opened her mouth and began moving her head up and down. The pleasure was enough for Father Knight to temporarily lose focus on the road. He swerved from one lane to another trying desperately to keep it in one lane. The motion of her tongue and the rhythm of her head moving, added with the rumbling of the car drove Father Knight wild. He tried desperately to keep his composure, but the sweat on his forehead and the red blush on his cheek clearly gave it away. Father Knight was ready to explode. His body began trembling and soon it became hard to keep control of the steering wheel. Father Knight saw the upcoming yellow light "Thank you Jesus." He said to himself. He slowed down a bit just enough to make the red light. The car stopped but father Knight was still going. He soon felt an overwhelming sensation. He let out a loud moan and exploded inside Magalina's mouth. Magalina pulled out a bottle of Listerine and swashed her mouth thoroughly.

"Did you enjoy that?" She asked with a smile.

"Yes" He replied.

"Good because it won't happen again."

Magalina pulled out the half smoked joint from her purse and lit it. She puffed it a few timed then passed it to father Knight. Father Knight puffed it waiting for the light to turn green. The clouds above began to gather into an massive super cloud. The wind slowly picked up and thunder rolled across the night sky. Lightning flashed down from the sky quicker than the eye could blink. The eventually made it to the church. The rain had just started to pour and pour it did. Both father knight and Magalina were soaking wet from the torrential down pour. "I have some fresh clothes in the back you're welcome to take a shower if you like." Magalina followed father to the back of the church. He stayed in a small apartment like room that was one of the emergency shelter rooms in the back of the church. The room was small but cozy. Magalina sat on the unmade bed and looked around the room. As many times as she has been here she never felt the same as anywhere else. She felt as a sense of belonging.

She grabbed the bottom of her shirt and pulled it over her head. She reached behind her back and unsnapped her bra then threw it on top of her shirt on the bed next to her. Father Knight Walked into the room with both arm full of dry clothes. "I have some food on the stove it'll be ready soon." He threw the clothes on the bed next to Magalina. He removed his shirt and pants and threw them on top of Magalina's clothes. He put on a pair of gray sweatpants and white shirt. The look Magalina gave Father Knight was worth a thousand words. She smiled then, shyly, and looked away, blushing brightly. Never has she seen a man look so attractive in just a sweatpants and plain white shirt. His muscular physique alone was enough to drive her mad, and seeing him in a white shirt made it even worse. "Are you going to take those pants of lass? Or are you going to stare at me and get my bed all wet?" Magalina snapped out of her nostalgic gazing. Once again she started blushing. "She quickly stood up and undid her belt and unfastened her jeans. She pulled them off and threw them on top of the dirt clothes on the bed. Being completely naked she pressed herself against father Knight wrapping her arm around his neck and kissed him on the cheek. She turned and made her way to the bathroom.

She turned on the hot water and placed her hand under the faucet. She turned on the cold water and adjusted the water temperature until it was right. Steam poured from the bath tub. Magalina turned on the shower and stepped inside, closing the curtain as her foot left the floor. Father Knight grabbed the clothes off of the bed and put them in a laundry hamper on the floor. He made his way to the stove and pulled out a box of Hamburger Helper from the cupboard above. He pulled out a pound of raw hamburger and began cooking. Magalina took her time enjoying the feel of hot clean water run over her body. She face the shower head with her head tilted back, making the water run through her bosom and down her stomach and legs. She then turned again facing the wall. She tiled her head forward and let the water run over her neck and down her back. The heavy fog began to thicken in the bathroom. The smell of Hamburger Helper Alfredo permeated throughout the small apartment office. Once the helper was done he grabbed the milk and quick mix mashed potatoes. He added a pinch of garlic, Italian seasoning and butter to give it flavor.

The dense fog in the bathroom made it hard to focus. She slowly turned around and painstakingly felt her way to the faucet to turn off the water. She blinked constantly breathing heavy and occasionally coughing. She pulled back the curtain and looked around for something to focus on. She knelt down and felt where the tub ledge was to step over. Once she was out she walked slowly with her arms out as if she was a blind person walking through a maze. She made her way across the white abyss to the wall on the opposite side. She felt her way to the towel rack and pressed her face to the towel wiping off the dripping water. She was able to regain a little bit of her focus but it was still hard to see. She turned towards the mirror. She slowly walked toward it making sure not to run gut first into the counter top. She bent over to dry her hair then stood up strait again. As she looked in the mirror her eyes grew wide and all color was stripped from her face. She trembled with fear as she looked at the figure staring back at her. Though it was pure white from the fog the figure appeared as a black mass. The only thing visible was it white glowing eye. Magalina let out a blood curdling scream. The black mass floated over her and she fell to the floor. Father Knight , still preparing dinner for the two of them, dropped the spatula he had in one and the pot of corn in the other on the stove and ran to her aid. He plowed through the door knocking it off the hinges.

"What happened?" Father Knight said. Magalina, trembling with fear and crying profusely, was unable to talk. She raised her hand and pointed at the mirror. Father Knight cradled the petrified girl and comforted her as much as possible. "There's nothing there now lass don't worry I'm not going to let nothing hurt you." He stood up and helped her to her feet. The fog was pouring out of the bathroom clearing the air making it visible once again. "Come on now lass, dinners is done." Magalina followed Father Knight out of the bathroom feeling a bit more secure the before. She stopped by the bed and grabbed the remaining clothes Father Knight had put out earlier. She slipped the white beat beater over her head and slid the sweat shorts up her legs to her hips.

The pot filled with Hamburger Helper Alfredo sat empty on the stove. The mashed potatoes were gone along with all but one piece of garlic bread. The used plates and cups sat in the sink waiting to be washed. With no television the only thing there was for entertainment was the radio that Father Knight had bought from a dollar store. Father Knight and Magalina lie in bed cuddling with music playing while they waited for their food to digest. Still shaken up from earlier Magalina found it hard to sleep or even get comfortable. She just laid there with her eyes open wondering what that thing was and why it was there. The evil glowing white eyes and dark aura was imprinted on her brain. Never in her life had she been afraid of the dark, but that thing just seemed to make it impossible for her to even close her eyes. If it showed up once it'll show up again.

"You're still shaken up about earlier aren't you lass?" Father Knight asked, Magalina rolled over and wrapped her arms around him. "Don't try to hide it, you can't lie to an empath." he said looking her in the eyes.

"It was so scary." She said with a tear in her eye. "I don't know where it came from. One second it's not there and the next it come out from nowhere."

"Shh" Father Knight placed his finger over her lips."There's nothing to fear here lass. I won't let anything hurt you." Those were the exact word Magalina needed to hear. She wrapped her arms tighter around father Knight pushing herself against his body.

"Thank you" she whispered.

Time began to drift, their eye lids became heavy and soon they floated off into slumber. Father Knight Opened his eyes and sat up. The sun was just coming over the horizon. The golden light came in through the window. For some reason he had been sweating in his sleep. His pillow and blankets were soaked. He looked to his right to find that Magalina had woken up early. The bathroom door was shut and the water was running in the shower. Father Knight Turned and put his feet on the floor. He heard a squish and the carpet was flooded. "What in the world..." Father Knight whispered to himself. He looked at the bathroom door and noticed the water coming from under it. He walked over to the bathroom and knocked.

"Maggy?" he knocked again

"Maggy are you okay?" he opened the door to find the water over flowing from the bathtub. The bathroom its self was a disaster. It looked like someone was struggling and knocked everything over. He approached the tub and pulled back the curtain. He let out a loud gasp and stumbled back. The faucet was running hot water and Magalina's' body lay lifeless inside. A black shadowy figure hovered over her noticed Father Knight there and quickly faded away. Suddenly, Father Knights' body jolted and he jumped sitting up rapidly. He inhaled letting out a loud gasp. He looked over at Magalina, she was laying next him sleeping peacefully. He reached over and cuddled her kissing her forehead then went back to sleep.

"I'm looking for information about the last descendant." The conversation between Charlie and Erebus echoed through Charlie's head. "They still walk the plain of man." He laid in a grave yard on the tomb of a fallen war veteran. He stared up at the night sky in deep concentration. He thought over and over again of the conversation and decided the best place to start was where the source of the information came from. As he stared at the black nothingness the rain poured down heavily. He sat up with one leg on each side of the tomb. Rain water poured down all sides of his head, soaking his hair and clothes. He said with his elbow on his knees, his fingers crossed between his legs .

He began thinking about Erebus—how long they've known each other, all the good times they've shared. It's been centuries .

It was the 1700's in a small village church. The duo sat in the back while a service took place. As the preacher spoke Charlie's attention was elsewhere. He noticed two very young nuns walking around and nudged Erebus.

"What?" Erebus raised his head and looked at Charlie.

"Take a look at that." Charlie nodded his head towards the two nuns.

"So?"

"Fresh meat." Charlie smiled from ear to ear.

They pretended to pray, keeping their heads down and clasping their hands together . After the service Charlie moved from the back of the Church to the front. He sat directly in front of the cross and locked his eyes on it with a hateful scorn. One of the young nuns happened to walk by and took notice. She had medium length brown curly hair and brown almond shaped eyes.

"Is something wrong?" She asked.

"I don't know..." Charlie said looking at the ground.

"There's nothing you can't tell the Lord, dear," she said, trying to comfort him ." She said trying to comfort him.

"Doesn't matter, he quit listening anyways."

"Oh, the Lord never turns a deaf ear to your prayers ."

Erebus stood up from the back row and sat next to Charlie.

"Then why didn't he answer me when I asked him to help us?" Charlie started crying.

"We lost everything a few months ago. Our mom passed away, our house burnt down, and we had to sell our animals," Erebus said, playing into Charlie's mind game .

"OH my I'm so sorry." the nun said, "As bad as thing seem the lord will never put you through anything he knows you can't handle."

"FUCK THE LORD!" Charlie screamed. He stood up rapidly at started pointing towards the ceiling. "YOU HEAR THAT YOU PIECE OF SHIT! FUCK YOU! I denounce my service to the lord Jesus Christ!" He plopped back down on the bench and began sobbing loudly. The second young nun heard the commotion and came from the back room.

"What's going on?" She asked. Her Blond hair came to her shoulder blades, and her eyes were the same color as the clear blue sky, and just as vibrant.

"These two young men lost their farm and this young man is considering denouncing the lord."

"Things may be hard for you right now, love, but the lord will make things better." The blond nun said squatting in front of Charlie.

"Well how long do I have to wait before they do?" he continued crying. "We don't even have a place to stay."

"Come with me." The young nuns took the duo by the hand into the back room.

The duo made themselves at home as the nuns did their daily errands. When night fell, the nuns came into the room, ready for sleep. The duo was curled up in the nuns' beds. The two men moved over as much as possible, patting the mattress next to them and gesturing at the nuns to lie down .

"I don't think we should be sharing beds darling." One of the nuns said.

"Why?" Erebus asked.

"Because it's a sin." The nun said.

"All we're doing is sharing a bed." Charlie said "It's not a sin to sleep."

"It's adultery." The other nurse said.

"Why is it adultery? Because your god says so?" Erebus said.

"Well..."

"Your god gave you a choice why would he punish you for a gift that gave you?" Charlie added "He's not going to punish you for being human, he gave you the power to choose what you wanted to do it's his own personal gift to you that he cannot not use against you."

"Hey it's either this or a hard cold floor with no blankets or pillows." Erebus said and patted the bed softly.

The nuns looked at each other and reluctantly got into bed with the duo. As they made themselves comfortable, Charlie and Erebus cuddled up next to the nuns. The duo took advantage of their clouded minds to take their virginities.

Suddenly Charlie snapped back into reality and a thought came to him.

"That's it!." He said to himself. "Titty bar."

Black and neon lights glow with every array of color from the ceiling. The beams of light are made visible by a fog machine in the top four corners of the club. Dance music filled the air and erotic dancers grind against paying customers. Women walk around in high heel shoes and gimpy little outfits that show off place of the anatomy that don't get much sunshine. A shiny piano black stage stood at the back wall with a long walkway the poked out the center. A pole stood in the front center of the walkway and two more on either side at the back of the stage. Runway lights lined the entire stage and runway.

One of the V.I.P. rooms was filled with dancers and customers. A group of friends were looking for a good time. A couch sat on either side with a love seat in the middle against the back wall. Two people sat on each couch with a dancer on their laps. Erebus sat in the love Seat with a glass of champagne in one hand, a Cuban cigar in the other, and a dancer grinding against him. Four friends of his sat on the two couches, two on each side with an exotic dancer for each one. Black snake lights lined the back wall around Erebus. The strong scent of cigar mixed with marijuana filled the empty space between Erebus, his friends and the dancers. A tin bucket filled with ice sat on both side of Erebus between the couches and love seat. A bottle of red wine sat in the two buckets of ice.

The black tinted glass doors of the exotic night club swung open and Charlie stepped through the threshold. He walked calmly and slowly through the place thoroughly scanning his surroundings. The place was smokey, it was crowded, the lights gave him a headache and the music was terrible. Charlie never understood why Erebus loved this place, although he didn't mind the employees. As he made his way through the club he watched as the dancer walked around half naked wobbling and stumbling on their high heel shoes. He walked in the direction of the bar passing by the V.I.P. room.

"Hey honey." A female voice came from Charlie's side. He looked over and noticed a beautiful youthful female walking toward him. She couldn't have been a day over 21. Her brown wavy hair blew in the slight breeze her body made as she walked toward him. Charlie took notice of the piercings she had in her lip and Eye brows. The tattoos on her arms added a touch of just the right amount of accent making her that much more attracting to Charlie. She approached Charlie laying her hands on his chest. She leaned in and whispered in his ear. "Are you looking for a good time?"

"Not at this very moment but I'm sure if you give me a few I can make something work." he smiled suggestively. The female smiled flirtatiously and pushed Charlie into a chair that stood behind him.

"Well that's not going to work for me." She said as she straddled Charlie's and began grinding against him. She leaned in again and said. "I want you now."

"As arousing as that sounds, I'm curious. Why are you so fascinated with me? You haven't even asked for my name ."

"I know what you are..."

Charlie let her play her game a for minute enjoying the blissful feeling. He soon regained his focus.

"Okay toots playtime is over." He said smacking her on the ass.

"Aw, can we continue this another time?" She asked.

"Definitely." Charlie replied. The dancer got off his lap and gave him a kiss on the keep "That ones on the house." she said smiling.

"Well can I get a name or something?" Charlie asked.

"Cindy" The dancer said smiling and walked away. Charlie continued his search for Erebus.

The curtain of the V.I.P. Room had been left slightly open. Erebus was sitting in front of the curtain and caught a glimpse of Charlie passing by.

"I'll be damned..." He said. He put his focus back on the dancer on his lap. "Hey get up for a minute I got to go do something."

"Oh come on we're having fun." she whined.

"Well I got shit to take care of now get up." Erebus stood up throwing the dancer off his lap. He turned towards the curtain and disappeared. Faster than human eyes can see he floated across the floor and stopped in front of Charlie. Charlie grunted as he ran into Erebus unsuspectingly.

"Watch where you're going asshole." Erebus said crossing his arms and snarled at Charlie.

"Don't get in my way next time." Charlie replied.

"What are you doing here? I thought you hate these places."

"I do but I remembered how much you love them and thought I'd stop by for a little small talk."

"Small talk?" Erebus snickered "There's no such thing a small talk when it comes to you, you're here for a reason."

"You sure this is where you want to talk about it?"

Erebus turned his head towards the V.I.P. Room and gestured Charlie to follow. He entered the room with Charlie behind him.

"Okay anyone without a dick needs to leave." he pointed his thumb toward the entrance to the V.I.P. Room entrance.

"But we're not even done yet." one of the dancers said.

"Now!" Erebus commanded.

All of the dancers got up from their customers "Come on ladies there's plenty of money out there."

Erebus walked out after the strippers, grabbed an extra chair for Charlie to sit in and placed it in front of the love seat. Charlie spun the chair around and sat in it backwards.

"Now then..." Erebus sat in the love seat with one knee over the other and his hand cupped in his lap. "Why are you here? Erebus asked.

"I'm on a mission." Charlie replied.

"And what might that be?"

"My father has given me permission to hunt the last descendant, and I know there's more information that what you told me."

"And what makes you think I'll tell you?"

"Well being that my FATHER gave me authorization that means you have to tell me what I want to know."

Charlie leaned forward pressing his chest against the back of the chair. Then folded his arms over the top. Erebus and Charlie exchanged stone cold stares, neither one blinking. Erebus's friends sat where they were waiting for something to happen. An uneasy tension began to fill the room.

"Okay." Erebus said. "Who am I to defy orders?"

Charlie grinned, "So spill it." he said.

"First let's have a few drinks, shall we?"

Charlie knew better than to play into Erebus little game, after all he's the one who taught Erebus everything he knows.

"Why so you can kick my ass while I'm drunk? Come on Erebus I'm not that dumb." Charlie e said.

"Yea you're right it would be too easy." Erebus raised his hand and snapped his fingers. Before Charlie could blink he found himself being manhandled. Sharp pains were felt all over his body as Erebus's group struck him with their feet and fists. Pinned against the floor by Erebus's friends Charlie was helpless. Erebus stood up and stood over Charlie and frowned down at him. He lifted his black feathered hat exposing his eye patch. He stuck his thumb up and signaled them to bring Charlie to his feet.

Charlie laughed as his head bobbled back and forth like a bobble head doll. "You call that an ass beating?" He said. "I've taken worse beatings than that from a school girl." Erebus curled his hand into a fist and punched Charlie on his sternum. Charlie let out a groan as his body bent forward. He fell to his knees holding his abdomen. Erebus grabbed another Cuban cigar from the front pocket of his black button up coat and began puffing it.

"You took something from me and now you want information." Erebus knelt down in front of Charlie and placed his hand under Charlie's chin lifting his head. He lifted his head and blew the cigar smoke in his face. "You got some fucking balls Chuck." Charlie snarled. Erebus signaled for him to be lifted to his feet. Erebus picked the chair up off the floor and pushed him down in it then signaled once again to have him secured. Each member of the group grabbed a body part pinning him to the chair. Erebus reached into his inner coat pocket to pull out a nine milometer semi-automatic and aimed for the center of Charlie's forehead. Charlie started laughing.

"Do you really want to attract that much attention? I can guarantee you it won't look good on your reputation and certainly my dad will fire you." Erebus snarled and lifted his gun. He put the gun back in his pocket and took a few more puffs off his cigar. He regained his composure and knelt down to eye level with Charlie.

"Maybe so, but I can still do this and get away with it..." Erebus changed his head from human form to his demonic form. Charlie watched as horns grew from Erebus' forehead and arched behind his ears. Erebus leaned back and Charlie's eyes grew wide. Erebus lunged forward striking Charlie direct center in the forehead knocking him unconscious.

Charlie's mind was dazed. He could barely move. He slowly regained consciousness and feeling throughout his body. Every inch of his fiber ached. It felt like had had been run over by a concord fifty times. His eye slowly blinked open. His vision blurred in and out of focus. He tried moving as much as he could, which wasn't very much. The most he could do was lift his forearms. He started to slowly roll onto his side when a sharp pain shot up his rib cage.

"OW, FUCK!" Charlie screamed in agony. He held his ribcage and ground his teeth. His eye regained their focus but it did no good. Charlie was barely able to move. He looked up at the night sky and began analyzing what had happened. The last thing he remembered was seeing Erebus's ugly face in the strip club.

While in deep concentration. A two year old stray pit bull terrier trotted up to Charlie and began sniffing him. Charlie ignored the dog in hope it would go away. The dog started sniffing Charlie's crotch. Charlie swatted at the dog

"Get the fuck out of here you mangy mutt!" the dog back up a few feet and came back. Charlie was still gathering energy and trying to ignore the pain coursing through his body. The dog started sniffing at Charlie's head, and sniffing his face.

"Get out of here!" Charlie pushed the dog away. The dog only turned around in circles and pointed his hind leg at Charlie. The dog lifted its hind leg and began peeing on Charlie's head. Charlie shot up from a laying position and punched the dog in his sack.

"YOU FUCKING FLEA INFEST PEST, GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!" The dog ran away whimpering with its tail tucked between its legs. "Fucking mutt, I swear I hate animals..." Charlie brushed himself off getting as much dirt and urine off of him as possible. The sharp pain shot up his side once again. He grabbed his ribs and groaned. He took off his coat and lifted his shirt to expose black, purple, and blue bruises all over his torso.

He slowly sat up and wobbled to his feet still holding his ribs. He opened his eyes and looked around to see where he was. He searched his pockets for some kind of light. A flashlight, lighter, matches, anything. He reached into his pants pocket and found a small flashlight and a folded piece of paper. He clicked on the flashlight, opened the paper and began reading.

"You wanted more information here you go...follow the little white rabbit"

He looked up to find himself standing in front of a rundown clinic office.. "Erebus I'm going to kill you." He said shaking his head.

"What the fuck was he thinking?" Demion said out loud. The look in his eyes was enough to tell he was absolutely irate.

"Seriously, what the fuck was going through his mind?" He ranted pacing back and forth.

"Well whatever it was he must have something up his sleeve." Erebus said. He sat on a red leather couch with his arms outstretched and a Cuban cigar. The pungent stench permeated the air around the two of them. The smoke rose from the burning red ember from the cigar curling up into the air and slowly dissipating. He wore a black gangster tuxedo. The broad brim of his hat hung low over his face. The dim light reflected the clouds of smoke Erebus blew after inhaling his cigar.

"Well it's bullshit because I've worked too damn for this, and I'll damned if it'll get ripped out from under me." Demion continued pacing back and forth grinding his teeth.

"So instead of bitching about it shouldn't you be doing your home work?" Erebus took another puff from his cigar.

"I'm too fucking pissed off to even think right now, Erebus."

"Well if you don't do something now ole Chuck will be the new anti-" Erebus was cut off by Demion's scorn. The king of hell had a fierce temper and his two sons were no different. Demion turned towards Erebus and stood there.

"It would also help if you stop nagging me." Demion turned back and continued pacing. He turned toward Erebus and stopped with his hands behind his back. "What exactly did you tell him?" he asked.

"Nothing I just beat the hell out of him and dropped off in the ghetto with a note saying "follow the rabbit." Demion nodded his head and continued pacing.

"Good then that means he won't be ahead of us. Not like we have much to go on as it is."

"Okay let's see what we have to work with." Erebus put the cigar in his mouth and reached for the black bag sitting next to the couch. He opened the bad and pull out a folder. He tossed the folder onto the black marble table in front of him. Demion sat next to Erebus and opened the folder to examine its insides. He spread different photos of a female that have been taken around the city.

"Okay so we know she's a whore, what's her name?" Demion asked as he closely examined every inch of every photo looking for the smallest clue.

"We're not sure yet." Erebus replied.

"Well any information you do have would be of great benefit." Demion said. He reached over the arm of the couch to pull out a small 8x magnifying glass. He scanned the photo in front of him.

"Her most frequent customer is a priest." Erebus said. He pulled the cigar from his mouth and ashed it in the ash tray.

"No surprise there, I'm surprised he ain't a fucking little boy." Demion and Erebus snickered.

"Any word on who her pimp is?" Demion asked. He reached for another photo and continued scanning.

"We're following a potential target right now, but no word just yet."

"Well who is he?" Demion stood up and threw down the magnifier. He walked in front of the table and began pacing once again.

"Patience is a virtue Demion." Erebus said still sitting on the couch. His cigar was almost gone. He took one more puff from it then snuffed it out in the ash tray.

"Who are you to talk about virtue? You took nuns' virginities, murdered a high catholic priest, and burned down a church." Demion nagged at Erebus.

"Oh, I did a whole hell of a lot more than that." Erebus laughed proudly with an ear to ear smile. He pulled out another cigar from his coat pocket.

"You know those things are going to come back to haunt you." Demion said pointing at the cigar.

"Then I guess it's a good thing I do more than my fair share of haunting." Erebus lit the cigar and blew the smoke at Demion.

"Well you can stay here and wallow in your own laziness but I have to outdo my arrogant fucking brother. I'm tired of sitting here, if I'm going to beat Chuck I'm going to have to get involved, personally." Demion looked down at the photo and noticed the magnifier had landed on a man with short black hair wearing a pimp's suit. He walked towards the coat rack standing just outside the doorway, grabbed his coat and opened the door.

"Where are you going?" Erebus asked.

Demion stopped and turned looking at Erebus with a dirty smirk. "I'm going hunting..." He turned back to the door and stepped out closing the door behind him.

"Rookie..." Erebus said taking another puff from his cigar.

Chapter 3

Picking up a Scent

Lou sat in his assigned seat at a circular table. The black marble reflected his jet black hair and goatee. His gray eyes were locked on the man speaking in front. Six other men sat around the same table with a strange mark engraved in front of them. They were listening to the same person.

"So far all we know is it is a girl and she is somewhere in this vicinity." He pointed to the map that had been pulled down from the top of a dry erase board. Lou raised his hand.

"Yes?"

"Are there any leads?" Lou asked.

"Not yet. We do, however, have a few suspicions but nothing confirmed."

Lou rose his voice "has the antichrist been notified yet?"

"The antichrist cannot be found. We do have people following them though." The speaker said.

"Well I think we should put as many demons as we can on this." All six men turned their heads to look at Lou.

"I'm sorry but that is not your decision to make." The speaker said with a lower tone.

"WE if it was-" Lou was cut off by the speaker yelling.

"Well it's not! This is not a democracy, and you certainly do not rule Hell. You are only a prince of one level and that's it. You do not rule the entire kingdom of Hell!" a long silence came over the room and Lou sat quiet unaffected by the man's bellowing vocals.

"Meeting adjourned." The man said.

The sun slowly crept over the dim horizon. Golden rays of sunlight met with a light blue sky. The window the hung over the bed was opened wide. Sunlight flooded the room hitting Magalina directly in the face. She squeezed her eyes and rolled over to avoid the blind bright light. She reached over to put her arm around Father Knight only to find he had woken up early. She sat up and looked around. No one was with her. She planted her feet firmly on the cold wooden floor and stretched. She stood up adjusting her pajama short that have shifted during the night. A sweet aroma filled the air in the room. It was a smell that Magalina hadn't smelt in quite some time. The sweet aroma of maple syrup mixed with the fine smell of pork. She made her way to the kitchen to find Father Knight making breakfast. Magalina couldn't help but smile.

"Oh, good morning Maggy." Father Knight turned around and waved with the spatula.

"You know, one day you're going to make someone a great housewife." Magalina said with a slight chuckle.

"Yes, until then, I'll just settle with you." Father Knight said "Now eat up before it gets cold."

Magalina sat at the small circular table with a fork in one hand and a knife in the other. Father Knight put a plate full of food in front of her. Magalina leaned over the food and inhaled deeply. The sweet smell of cinnamon French toast, breakfast sausage and eggs, with an orange slice in half made her feel like she was a little girl again, the last time she had a meal like this, her father was still alive. She softly closed her eyes and let the smell run through her nostrils. Over and over again she just couldn't help herself.

"How do you like your coffee lass?" Father night asked. Magalina snapped out of her nostalgic coma.

"Huh? Oh, cream with two sugars." She replied. She looked down at her plate and stabbed the French toast with the fork and cutting off a small bite size piece. Her cell phone rang. The ring tone bounced around the small apartment echoing loud. In what almost seemed to be trained instinct, Magalina Jumped up and ran to the side of the bed before her phone had a chance to ring twice.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Good, your timing is getting better" The voice on the other end said "Where the fuck are you?"

"I'm at Father Knight's." She replied.

"I'll b there to pick you up and you better have my money." the voice replied.

"Ok Steve." She hung up the phone and walked into the kitchen with her head hung low.

"What's wrong" Father Knight asked.

Magalina started sniffling with a small tear in her eye. "I don't know why I keep doing this. I want to quit but I have nothing else."

Father Knight cradled her like a crying child. "Don't say that lass. Something better always comes along."

His Irish accent was soothing for Magalina. She wiped the tear from her eye and finished eating her breakfast. She stood up from the table and walked toward the bed she and Father Knight had shared so many times before. She got dressed, her and Father Knight made their way to the car. On the way there Father Knight reached into his pocket, pullout three hundred dollars and handed it to Magalina. She looked down at the wad of cash and looked back up at Father Knight.

"Isn't it a sin to be stealing money from a church?" She asked.

"One, it's not stealing, and two, only if someone doesn't tell." He replied.

Magalina took the cash and divided it into two equal halves. She stuffed one in between her legs and the other in her purse.

The sun's rays shined through as glassless window of the room Charlie was asleep in. his eyes opened and he poked his head out of the window to look at the sun.

"It's about ten o'clock" he said to himself.

He heard a car pull into the gravel driveway and ducked under the cement wall to avoid being seen. He saw a man wearing a pimp suit step out of the car followed by four women dressed in revealing outfits. A few minutes later another black car pulled in the same driveway, black Ford Taurus. A girl also similar outfit as the other four stepped out of the passenger side while an older priest stepped out of the driver's side. Charlie's focus instantly went on the priest.

"You're still around?" he said to himself.

He paid close attention and listened carefully to what was about to happen.

Steve, leaning against his car looked at his watch. Magalina met with him.

"Hi Steve." she said.

"Maggot..." Steve replied "you got my money?" he asked.

Magalina reached into her purse pull out the one hundred fifty dollars in cash and handed it to Steve. He looked her in the eyes and she kept a straight face. He looked at the cash and back into Magalina's eyes. He put the money in his pocket and signaled for the girls to get into the car.

Father Knight and Magalina hugged and Magalina crawled into the car followed by the four girls. Steve never took his eyes off Father Knight snarling at him the entire time as he got into the car and shut the door. Charlie kept his eyes on Father Knight as he got into his car and drove off.

"Follow the little white rabbit" He said and rushed out the door. The day went on and Charlie searched church after church for any sign that mat relate to Father Knight. His search led him to a church not far out of town. He stood outside of the church and gazed at its structure. He noticed the gargoyles at the top of the roof. He approached the entrance of the church only to be nearly deafened by the screech of the gargoyles. He cringed in pain holding his ears. He quickly backed up until the gargoyles quit screeching. He looked around for something that may be able to help him. He noticed a bum laying in an alley passed out drunk. He approached the man startling him.

"Who are you?" the bum said.

"A very powerful man..." Charlie said.

"What do you want?" the bum asked.

"You!" Charlie reached out and pressed his first two fingers to the bum's eye lids and took over his body. The newly disguised Charlie approached the church again only this time the gargoyles stayed silent. Charlie entered the church and noticed the open bible sitting on the stand in the middle of the aisle. He approached the stand and ran his fingers over the book. He flipped through the pages skimming the words until something caught his attention.

"War arose in Heaven, Michael and his angels fighting against the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought, but they were defeated and there was no longer any place for them in heaven. And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, which is called the Devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world - he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him."

Charlie shut his eyes and began to flash back to the very event. A younger Charlie was in the Kingdom of Heaven. His father, the highest ranking angel of all Stood before an angelic society. Half of Heavens angels were in attendance to hear the mighty power of Lucifer's voice.

"Brother His voice echoed for miles "A new era has begun. The high angels have created a new form of life, that of which is not angelic. These new creatures will be guided by one of us when they are ready."

"So what about the old tradition?" one of the angels shouted'

Charlie was curious himself. He didn't like the change and was not ready for the new beginning. He tugged on his father's wing to get his attention.

"But dad I like the way things were" he protested.

"I know son but all things must come to an end at sometime, besides you'll get to see earth and guide them." Lucifer said.

Filled with excitement, Charlie smiled from to ear and became anxious.

"Can I help you?" An Irish accent interrupted Charlie's flash. He opened his eyes and was back in the church. Charlie raised his head to look Father Knight in the eyes. Father Knight smirked.

"Nostalgic isn't it?" He asked with a slight chuckle.

"Not really' I don't quite remember a war between the angels." Charlie answered.

"Maybe so, but there was a confrontation" Father Knight replied.

"I remember it as more of a treaty."

"You were young -"

Charlie cut Father Knight off "I still remember it like it was yesterday" he said.

"As do I" Father Knight said.

"Then you should know there was never blood spilled in heaven, we didn't want things to change so we left and started our own kingdom." Charlie ranted.

"Is that why you're here? To rant about the past?" Father Knight asked.

"What I want know is' why do you serve these creatures?" Charlie asked. "They're blinded by their own misguidance, their morals are not what was once taught, hell' they start wars in the name of a religious figure that, ironically, is against fighting! They destroyed everything that was given to them, turned a blind eye to the path that was laid ahead of them, and a deaf ear to the teachings that we gave them. They took what we gave them, twisted and molded it into something it was never meant to be. Why do you serve them?"

"Well they are not perfect, nor were they meant to be, but they do have the right idea, and for the ones that don't will soon learn the truth." Father Knight said.

"They'll never accept the truth because they're too damn blinded by their own fucking arrogance; face it these creatures are a lost cause, a failed experiment." Charlie debated "I once had sympathy for these creatures, but over the centuries all they did was turn our teachings into an excuse to conquer each other and cause corruption among one another. And I soon learned they don't deserve my pity. The only thing they deserve is extinction."

"Well I'm sorry you feel that way, but I believe otherwise, now is there anything else you would like to discuss? I have a service in ten minutes." Father Knight said.

Charlie stepped down from the stand and made his way toward the church entrance while glaring at Father Knight.

"I'll be keeping a close eye n you." Charlie said then exited the church. He stopped in front of the church entrance and exited the bum's body. The bum fell to the ground faintly breathing and vomiting.

"Pussy." Charlie said with a smirk. Immediately the gargoyles screamed and Charlie fell to his knees holding his ears in agonizing pain. He crawled across the ground out of range of the gargoyles screams. Once he was out of range he stood back up and walked away. Moments later Cindy approached the faintly breathing bum and pressed her fingers to his eye lids causing him to nod off into sleep. While in slumber she erased his mind making him forget what had happened, then moved him back into the alley where he was and slipped one hundred dollars into his coat pocket. She turned toward the church and entered the church doors. Father Knight was at the altar blessing the bible that Charlie was reading. He stood up and met Cindy in the middle of the aisle. They met each other's eye and without saying a word knew what the other was thinking.

"Come we have much to discuss." Father Knight said and led Cindy to the back of the church.
Sign up to rate and review this story