Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu Yu Hakusho

Villainy

by scryer9139 1 review

(Pre-series) Kurama muses on the peculiarities of his new ningen body.

Category: Yu Yu Hakusho - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Kurama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-05-29 - Updated: 2006-05-29 - 425 words - Complete

5Insightful
Disclaimer: Yoshihiro Togashi owns the gorgeous Youko Kurama and everyone else in Yu Yu Hakusho.

Author's Note: Shuuichi is more or less eight years old in this story. Hence, Youko's security issues. Reviews will be greatly appreciated. :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It took a while to get used to it, but Kurama finally got the hang of not being himself.

There were the minor discomforts, of course: First, his tail was gone. Second, the natural weakness of the ningen body greatly hampered his combat skills; and by the gods, his ears were on the sides of his head. Eventually, though, he learned to accept those as a small price to pay for his survival. What really made it difficult was the extremely slow onset of his powers. He could barely summon enough strength to produce a seed--much less a horde of flesh-eating Makai plants--for self-protection. In a way, this was advantageous, as his miniscule youki would greatly limit the chances of him being discovered by some relentless pursuer...

And then, there was the woman.

As the years went by, she proved more and more ... intruiging to him. She cooked for him, bathed him, walked him to school, read bedtime stories to him (even though he could understand full-length novels by the time he was five), and even embraced him every once in a while. All of these gestures were alien to him. In the Makai, it was dog-eat-dog--or in his case, fox-eat-fox. There was no room for caring about anyone else when your very own survival is threatened on a daily basis.

Those ningen actions were made more disturbing by a sudden stirring of ... strange emotions within him with each hug and kiss that he received. Every time she did that, Kurama felt a part of him shrivel up and die. In a surprisingly pleasant way, if that was even possible.

When he had taken over the child's body for himself, he had done so out of sheer desperation. He did not care if that woman were to wake up one day to find her child gone--by then, he would already have garnered enough strength to return to the Makai and relive his life as Youko Kurama.

He was a thief, and he had stolen the entire being of that woman's child. Strangely enough, the thought did not bring him the comfort that he hoped it would.

Kurama had always believed that he was doing the right thing. But whenever he faced a mirror, the face that stared back was always that of a villain.
Sign up to rate and review this story