Categories > Cartoons > Kim Possible > Ron Stopped!

Chapter 6: Ron awakens!

by AeroTendo 1 review

Ron awakens!! Yay! Revelations!

Category: Kim Possible - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Romance - Characters: Kim, Mrs. Possible, Ron, Shego, Other - Published: 2006-05-29 - Updated: 2006-05-29 - 3629 words

1Moving
Kim Possible: The Episode You'll Never See
Story by Aero Tendo
AN: This takes place some time after the "So the Drama" movie. Slim and Joss are from the episode "Showdown at the Crooked D."

Chapter 6: Ron awakens!

(Possible Home)

Kim's mother slowly pulls into the driveway and gets out of her car before she wonders why the house was so quiet and walks up to the door. She pulls the keys out of her purse to unlock the door, which she found odd since she thought everyone would be home eating supper. She walks in through the door and shouts with a hand raised up to cup her face, "Hon? Jim? Tim? Anyone here?" with only silence greeting her. She continues her way in and pauses within the living room where she sees a note left by her husband resting on top of the table in front of the sofa and TV.

Kim's mother relaxes a little and thinks, "He probably took the boys out for pizza which I imagine they both demanded without me around and with Kim in the hospital watching over Ron, he probably gave in to whatever guilt trip that they gave him." She walks over to pick up the note and starts to read it before her eyes go wide and just as she gets to the end of it the house phone starts to ring.

Kim's mother dreads the ringing and worries that it is someone calling to tell her bad news about her boys, or maybe even Drakken to gloat that he's captured them. She walks over to the kitchen quickly and picks it up on the last ring just before the answering machine would have picked it up. She says, "Yes? This is the Possible residence, Dr. Possible speaking."

She almost drops the phone when she hears Slim say, "It's Ron, you better get your fanny down to the hospital right away. I think Kim and Ron are going to need you." And in the background she could hear Kim saying something to Ron but she couldn't make out what Kim was saying because of Slim talking to her. She was silent with a million thoughts going through her head in doctor mode as she ran through almost every conceivable scenario until Slim says "Hey, are you there?" and interrupts her thoughts.

Kim's mother says, "What's going on with Ron?" and then she did drop the phone when Slim told her, "He's waking up I think." She felt tears flow down her cheeks in happiness with all thoughts of her husband and sons forgotten to the back of her mind now. She says, "He is! I'll be there immediately! Tell Kim I'm coming!" and without even waiting for a reply she quickly hangs up the phone. She runs towards the front door, pausing only long enough to grab her purse and keys even though a single thought ran through her mind in happiness, "Ron's waking up!" She thanked every deity in existence that she could think of and even thanked the ones that she couldn't think of for the answer to her prayers, which she'd been having ever since Ron was brought into her hospital.

She ran out the door and quickly hopped into her car, starting the car faster than she had ever thought possible before peeling out of the driveway and roaring down the street. She managed to somehow avoid getting a ticket or even being pulled over through her fast, mad dash to the hospital.

Once at the hospital she parks her car closest to an exit that lead to Ron's room and runs with such speed and agility that it becomes obvious who Kim got her skills from that made Kim such a super cheerleader. Somehow she manages to avoid running into a single person and dashes into the room with her breathlessly saying, "I'm here!"

Kim's mother sees two of her doctor friends in the room with a nurse all bustling about Ron with Kim holding Ron's hand and her eyes glued to him. Slim walks over to her and says, "That was mighty quick of you, I hope you didn't run through any red lights getting here."

Joss walks over slowly to her and says, "I think Ron is fighting hard to wake up for Kim..." and then suddenly her arms go around her waist in a hug before she looks back at Kim. She says, "For Kim's sake, I hope that he does." With Kim and Slim both nodding in agreement even as Kim's mother silently begins to pray in her mind to every deity again.

Kim's mother very softly says without even realizing it, "Please Ron, wake up... we all need you." And then wraps her arm around Joss as if she was one of her children, watching the scene with her daughter and wishing with all her heart that Ron would wake up and make everything ok again.

Kim is holding Ron's hand tightly and squeezing it, running her other hand back and forth over the back of his hand and along his arm while the nurse walks out the door and goes to the nurse's station down the hallway to pick up the phone and starts to dial.

Suddenly there is a shudder through Ron's body and he stops squeezing Kim's hand for a moment and everyone assumes the worse at first. Then very slowly Ron's eyelids start to flicker as if he was trying to open his eyes but the light was too bright for him. One of the doctors reaches up and turns off the light over Ron's head and seeing that Slim walks over to the main light switch and turns it off, leaving the only light in the room were the ones from the devices and the sunlight from the slowly setting sun through the open window.

Ron's eyelids stop flickering and after another long pause he slowly opens his eyes, which seem unfocused at first as the lids slide up. Kim holds her breath without realizing it with her biting her lower lip in nervousness. She is still holding Ron's hand and gives it a gentle squeeze as she can see his brown eyes, and even though they don't look immediately at her she is overjoyed since she thought she'd never see him with his eyes open again.

Long moments pass before she squeaks out "Ron?" and it when she says his name that the eyes seem to undergo a drastic change from unfocused to sharp and her heart seems to skip a beat as she watches those eyes turn towards her, the source of the sound and lock on her eyes. It was then that she knew that Ron recognized her! He knew her and when she saw him trying to do that goofy smile of his at her to let her know he was happy to see her she cried out, "RON! You're all right!" and felt tears flow freely down her cheeks as she leaned forward to wrap her arm around him in a hug!

Kim hears Ron trying to make a sound but with the feeding tube in his mouth she suddenly realizes that he must be trying to tell her he was uncomfortable and quickly sits up. She looks into Ron's eyes that seem to twinkle a message for her that says, "I heard you Kim..." with love in them and she had no doubt that he had woken up because she had heard him say she loved him.

Kim's mother releases Joss and the three of them walk over and she says to Ron, "Welcome back sleepy head... you had us all worried there for a while." Then one of the doctors says, "Amazing, I've only seen couples in deep love fight so hard to come out of a coma like that." Which makes Ron blush a bit red, but Kim only just smiles with the faintest hint of blush on her cheeks before she leans over and kisses Ron's cheek which makes Ron look surprised for a sec before his blush fades and he gets a goofy smile to which he aims at Kim.

The other doctor says, "Don't try to speak yet... in fact I want you to cough on the count of three if you can and I'll pull out the feeding tube." Ron weakly nods and when the doctor says, "Three" he coughs hard as he can because he wanted to say something to Kim.

Ron raises his hand up to his throat and rubs it tenderly as the nurse comes into the room and says, "I've contacted Ron's parents and they're on their way." With the doctor nearest to Ron saying, "Get some water for Ron, I believe he's thirsty." The nurse takes one look at Ron and smiles before saying, "Right away doctor." And leaves to quickly return with a small paper cup filled with water.

Kim takes the cup from the nurse and brings it up to Ron's lips and says, "Try to drink this Ron." With Ron nodding before sips the water, almost choking at first but then he manages to drink the whole cup of water. He manages to say, "Thanks KP" in the most hoarse and dry sounding version of his voice that Kim had ever heard but even that was music to her ears.

Kim can't hold back any longer and hugs Ron once more, crying hard into his shoulder with Ron not sure what to do or even say so all he can do is very weakly raise his hand up and place it on Kim's back, letting her cry and letting her get it all out. She tells him how she hadn't left his side ever since digging him out of the rubble and how much she missed him and how she never wanted him to do this again to her between her sobs.

The most Ron can do since it hurt too much to talk was to softly pat her back with his fingers since he felt very weak as well. He makes a mental note to talk to her when his throat feels better and to tell her about his dream. How he had to battle every enemy they'd ever encountered so he could get back to her at the house and when he opened the window, he had seen her turn around and suddenly kiss him before she pulled back and looked at him with her beautiful green eyes which became a brilliant green, loving warmth that engulfed him completely before waking up to ceiling of the hospital.

Ron slowly closed his eyes with a happy smile on his face and fell asleep with that smile and with all the crying that Kim had done lately she fell asleep with her own peaceful, happy smile on her face with her head resting on his shoulder.

One of the doctors was going to wake Kim when Kim's mother stopped his hand and shook her head quietly. She very softly says, "Let her be, they've been through enough. Let them rest." The doctor smiles and nods in agreement before backing off just as the sun slowly sets with the last of it's rays shining upon Kim and Ron's smiling faces touching them as if blessing them. The room slowly fades to darkness as everyone just stands there watching them until Ron's parents come to the door and sees how quiet everyone is.

Kim's mother walks over and softly says, "It is all right. Ron woke up. Kim and Ron have fallen asleep like they are... Please don't make too much noise, I think they deserve this moment together."

Ron's parents smile with tears coming down their cheeks before they nod and walk together, hand in hand towards them while the doctor nearest to the bed turns on the overhead lighting for the bed and illuminates the soft smiles of Ron and Kim sleeping peacefully ever since this whole thing had started.

Everyone smiles and watches; even the disembodied forms in the glowing portal above their heads seem content to just watch the scene. The two doctors leave with quiet promises to check on the two of them later and even the nurse promises to bring a blanket for Kim to the parents of both of the sleeping beauties.

They all quietly thank the nurse and just stand close by together watching them for the longest time, tears eventually drying out but the smiles stay on their faces. Even Slim and Joss stand there with smiles until Joss leaves to go to the bathroom.

Joss is washing her hands and thinking about how very cute the two of them looked and then her thoughts turned to anger about how Drakken and Shego almost messed up such a good pair. Suddenly her pants beeped and she quickly dries her hand to pull out the knockoff kimmunicator that she'd made a while back which was essentially parts from one of her old cell phones, some spare parts from things laying around her ranch and it had some good, next-generation batteries for long battery life. She had meant to show it off to Kim the next time they met but with all that had happened to Ron, she never got around to showing it to her.

The most surprising thing was that when she turned it on, instead of seeing one of her friends who knew about it on its screen, she saw Wade! She said, "Wade! Is that really you?" The small boy with a blue shirt and black hair smiled and replied, "Yep, I am really Wade."

Joss said, "Wait, how did you know about my communicator?" Wade took a sip of his soda and says, "Your communicator uses a frequency almost similar to Kim's and..." he smiles as hesitant to mention it before he continues, "Your friend told me about it when she went online to Kim's website."

Joss laughed and says, "I was going to tell you myself, but she beat me to the punch." Wade says, "Is this a bad time to call?" Joss shakes her head and says, "No, in fact I have great news! Ron came out of his coma!"

Wade smiles very big and says happily, "That's great news indeed! When did it happen?" Joss smiles and walks out of the bathroom, heading towards the room as she says, "About twenty minutes ago when the sun set." Wade nods and says, "I'll call Kim and congratulate the two of them then."

Joss shakes her head, "I wouldn't do that, after Ron woke up he fell asleep and Kim is sleeping on his shoulder next to him. See for yourself Wade." And then she held out her communicator which had a small camera in it, hoping that there was enough light in the room.

Wade saw the two of them sleeping with such peaceful smiles on their faces that he knew if he called right now to wake either of them up, Kim or Ron would be very unhappy with him. So he decided to let sleeping dogs lie as the saying went and when Joss turned the communicator back towards herself, he says to her, "Ok, I won't bother them until tomorrow. Kim would probably kill me if I did anything to interrupt her right now anyway." With the smile on his face still there showing that he was joking around.

Joss smiles and says, "So Wade, what's the sitch?" before she giggles and says, "Sorry Wade, I couldn't resist. I had always wanted to do that ever since I had made Kim my idol, that is until I switched over to Ron."

Wade looked surprised and says to her, "Ron's your idol? Why?" Joss leans against the wall outside Ron's room and says, "Well, look at all the things that Kim does and it doesn't scare her at all. But Ron is afraid of everything and yet he doesn't let that stop him, he goes everywhere with her and does everything. It takes real courage to face your fears and even stand up to them."

Wade looks dumbfounded for a few moments before blinking and saying, "I guess you're right, he is pretty brave in that way. I never thought about it like that, I have always just thought since they were best friends that he just went with her on all those missions to keep her company and to help any way he can."

Joss smiles and nods, "You should have seen him when he was waking up, it was like he was fightin' the devil himself to come back to her. No one was able to say a word until he opened those brown eyes of his."

Wade smiled as he imagined Ron doing that for he had seen times when Kim had been the one in trouble or unconscious and Ron would show an amazing strength of character and skill that made him think that is what Kim saw in Ron. He sometimes had wondered if Ron was purposely holding back to be the distraction and let Kim have the limelight but he always ended up ditching that thought because of Ron's personality.

Wade says, "I believe you. Ron always did fight harder whenever Kim really needed him." Joss nods and says, "You better believe it. That's why they're such a great team together!" Wade says, "You won't get any arguments from me there."

Kim's mother comes out of the room and says, "Oh, there you are Joss." Before she sees Wade on the communicator and smiles as she says, "Hi Wade, you'll never believe what happened."

Wade says, "Ron woke up. I know because Joss told me." Kim's mother smiles and tears appear at her eyes but not enough to run down her cheeks before she says, "Isn't it wonderful Wade? My little Kimmie is happy again. I was worried that she wouldn't ever be happy again after what happened to Ron."

Ron's father puts his hand on her shoulder and says, "The important thing is that Ron is out of his coma and I just want you to know that we're indebted to you and your family for what you've done."

Kim's mother turns and says, "You don't owe us a thing. Ron is practically like a son to my husband and I. We would have done anything for him. Kim is also very attached to him, I think that if there'd been anything that would have helped Ron in the world she would gone there and heaven help whoever or whatever gets in her way."

Ron's mother says, "Thank you for all your efforts when he came in, I know I couldn't have asked for better hands to take care of him." And then she hugs Kim's mother.

Joss says, "Kim's more than attached to Ron, she told me herself that she loves him." There isn't a single surprised face except possibly Wade's at the announcement and then Kim's mother says, "I know Joss, my mother's intuition told me even before they realized it themselves. When they went to the prom together, I couldn't have been happier."

Joss looks at Ron's parents and they nod, "We know that Ron loves Kim too, he always got jealous whenever she dated other boys but he would always step aside for her and do his best to support her. That's true love in our book."

Wade says in surprise, "You all knew that they loved each other for that long? Why didn't any of you say anything?"

Kim's mother says, "Because Wade, you can't ever push or rush love. It has to come naturally and at it's own pace otherwise it won't stand up to the pressure of life and time. We all agreed a while back that we wouldn't do anything to stop, hinder or affect it in any way. If they got together then we would be happy for the two of them and give them our full support."

Joss says, "I see, and because to try to do anything too early would have affected their friendship and that would be bad news."

Ron's father says, "That's one reason, and you don't just go destroying a friendship that's lasted since pre-k, it simply isn't a moral choice on anyone's part."

Joss smiles and says, "Besides they make for one heck a great crime fighting team." With nods of agreement all around from everyone, even Wade couldn't argue that without the two of them fighting crime. Things around the world would certainly have been far worse, maybe even taken over by one of the many villains that Kim and the Ron had fought against.

Ron's mother says, "We love our children so much, know we can't stop them from doing all the things that they do, but lord help us they make us so very proud of them every single day. I am happy with them just being friends with each other." She reaches out to her husband and takes his hand in hers before she continues saying, "Even if they gave up crime fighting, I would still be very happy and proud of them because they have both become such wonderful young adults."

Kim's mother gave the other two a big smile and says, "I agree with you both there." And silence followed for a few moments even as in the other room Kim nuzzled closer to Ron in her sleep with her hand still holding his, forever holding him in her heart even if should those hands part just as Ron's would hold Kim in his heart for all of eternity. For the two of them were soul mates until the end of time.
Sign up to rate and review this story