Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Go Ahead and Burn it Down.

And Now You've Got This Question On Your Mind

by XxLiveyourlifExX 1 review

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2011-06-18 - Updated: 2011-06-18 - 1261 words - Complete

0Unrated
And Now You've Got This Question On Your Mind

Back in the lagoon at the house the loaded all their clothes and stuff on the tube. Sara and Becca swam the cooler in and made Joe and Patrick carry it back into the house.

In her shorts and bikini top, Chris orchestrated dinner while Becca made margaritas. Chris grilled chicken on the deck and watched the sun set with Andy and Stacy. Pete brought out margaritas and took over grilling. Chris went back into the kitchen to see Sara making a salad and a pot of corn on the cob boiling. As she drained the corn, Pete came in with the chicken.

“DINNER!” Chris hollered and then started dishing up on a paper plate. She sat down at the table closely followed by Pete, Stacy and Joe. Soon everyone was talking and laughing and eating.
After dinner was cleaned up, Becca was feeling a little nostalgic.

“I need to play Flip Cup.” She announced when she came back in the house from throwing out the garbage. “Any one else wanna play?”

“I will!” Joe answered. Sara and Chris ran to the shed to get the pong table out.

“Can we play with margaritas instead of beer?” Becca called.

“Yes, please,” Chris called back as they walked up the stairs with the table. They set it up on the deck.

“Teams?” Becca asked, setting out cups.

“Boys versus girls?” Patrick suggested.

“Sounds good.”

The girls lined up on the far side of the table and the boys on the other.

“Ready?” Becca asked, her hand poised to pick up her drink. Patrick, first on the boys’ side nodded. Stacy, first on the girls’ side nodded. “GO!”

So much chugging and flipping happened. The girls won. The boys insisted on a rematch. They won. So there was a ridiculous tie-breaker game. The girls ended up winning. The boys fought for another game, but Sara, who was a lightweight, was done and the rest of them were pretty well on their way.

They sat downstairs in the great room, finishing off the margaritas and talking. Sara fell asleep on the floor. Pete and Andy carried her upstairs to her room and then they returned. Stacy went of to bed, but not before she whispered in Patrick’s ear. Becca wandered upstairs after the margaritas were gone. Joe and Andy left too. Pete and Chris were just talking and
Patrick was looking a little uncomfortable.

Chris noticed, and spoke. “You can go, Patrick. It’s ok.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yup,” she said cheerfully.

He got up and left.

“And then there were two,” Pete said.

“It happens,” Chris replied as she tipped the last of her margarita into her mouth. She was stretched out on the couch her feet in Pete’s lap. She yawned.

“We should probably go to bed.”

“That,” Chris slurred, “would involve me walking.”

“Come on,” he said getting up. “I’ll help you.”

He pulled her off the couch and threw her arm around his neck and put his arm around her waist. He grabbed a bottle of water off the counter on the way up. It took them several minutes to get up the stairs with her stumbling. But they did make it.

Once in the room Pete threw the bottle of water on the bed. “Do you want to brush your teeth?” He asked. She nodded so he walked her into the bathroom. They were both pretty drunk and they made a bit of a mess with the toothpaste, but they got the job done. Chris collapsed on the bed, Pete falling down beside her.

“I don’t want to walk downstairs,” he whined.

“Then don’t,” Chris mumbled back, “Stay here. We’ll watch CSI.”

“Mmk.”

They slid underneath the sheets and turned the television on. CSI was on. Another marathon it seemed.

“I love the lake,” Pete murmured.

“Me too.” Chris said, she sat up and pulled her hair out of its elastic and running her hand through it. She laid down next to Pete and he put his arm around her. Her head fell to his chest and he ran his fingers through her hair.

“Night, Pete.”

“Night, Chris.”

It was eleven o’clock when Chris woke up the next day. Her head was still on Pete’s chest and his fingers tangled in her hair. Chris was trying to remember how exactly this had happened. She shifted back slightly, Pete opened his eyes. He smiled down at her. Then his eyes widened and he pulled his hand out of her hair.

“Um, morning,” he said embarrassedly.

“Hi…” Chris replied rolling over. CSI was still on the television. She sat up.

“I’m gonna go get some coffee,” Pete said getting out of bed.

“Ok.” He left the room. Chris sat in bed trying to figure out what was going on. It wasn’t the fact that Pete was in her bed. She remembered that happening, and he had been in her bed almost every night since they came into town. It wasn’t that, it was the feeling she got three minutes ago when she woke up in his arms. Like that’s where she belonged. But it was Pete. Peter who had tackled her playing soccer when she was seven and broke her arm. Pete who rode his bike to 24-hour and returned with pie to cheer her up when her first boyfriend broke up with her in the 7th grade. Pete who was Matt’s best friend. Pete who had seen her at her best and at her worst. Pete who had written a song about her. Pete who had orchestrated a million little details to be there for her graduation to keep a promise.

Chris shook her head and got out of bed. She took a shower and put on another new bikini and shorts. She went down stairs and hopped up on the kitchen counter. Becca was pouring a bowl of cereal.

“I need some major tanning time today,” Chris said, stealing a Lucky Charm from Becca’s bowl.

“Me too. Lots of time on the water then?” Becca asked.

Sara said from the table, “Let’s pack a lunch and eat on the boat?”

“Sounds good.”

The girls made sandwiches, made dip, packed the cooler full of beer, Mike’s, soda, and wine. Becca called Carl and asked him to bring the boat by.

“Tequila shots?” Becca asked.

“How junior year of you,” Sara replied, putting a full tequila bottle and some limes in the cooler and put the salt and shot glasses in the canvas bags full of food.

They all made their way down to the lake and got on the boat. Chris spent the first part of the morning teaching Joe how to water-ski. It took him a while to stand up, but once he did, he did pretty well. When he was done they ate lunch then the girls asked Carl to take them to the cliff. Chris and Becca spent a few hours laying out on the tube and Sara taught everyone to cliff dive. Then they went tubing and Sara and Joe went shot for shot with the tequila. Consequently, they had to float Sara and Joe into shore on the tube when they got back to the house.

A/N: Thanks to jesswriteshere for being my first review on this story =) I appreciate it and I hope you like this chapter too! Have a great day everyone, and don't forget to review!
Sign up to rate and review this story