Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Go Ahead and Burn it Down.

Did I Miss the Kool-Aid?

by XxLiveyourlifExX 0 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2011-06-20 - Updated: 2011-06-21 - 1976 words - Complete

0Unrated
Did I Miss The Kool-Aid?

Chris had finished both bottles of water and was dozing on Pete, who was asleep, when she heard people return to the house. Stacy came up to her room a few minutes later. Stacy smiled wide when she saw the sight before her.

“Hey,” she whispered from the door. “Sara and Becca say we’re leaving in an hour and we need to look ‘fly.’ They also want to know if you’re still feeling up to it.”

“Tell them I’m feeling better and I’ll be fly in an hour.” Stacy nodded and left the room, smile still on her face.

Chris patted Pete’s chest to wake him. He opened his eyes. “Yes?”

“Hello, sleepy head,” she said kissing him. “We’re leaving in an hour. I’m gonna go get ready.”

“Are you sure you feel well enough? We could stay here…”He tightened his arms around her.

She wriggled in his hold. “I’m fine. Plus line dancing is fun.”

“But I want to stay here with youuuu.”

“Peter…”

“Fine.” He released her. She kissed him again.

“Thank you.”

Chris went to get dressed. Half an hour later she reappeared in low-rise jeans and a plaid shirt buttoned up half-way with a sparkly tank underneath. Her hair was down and straight and she had a ridiculous belt buckle on.

“Wow.” Pete said, halfway between laughing and being impressed. “Southern, much?”

“It happens,” she said, smiling. “Besides, I look good.”

“I agree,” he said.

Sara walked into the room. “Killer,” she said to Chris. She was wearing Chris’ sparkly pink top and a denim skirt.

“I can’t believe you actually took it, bitch,” Chris said, joking and digging through her suitcase.

“Really? Because I believe it,” Sara said laughing, “What are you looking for?”

“Shoes.”

“Which ones?”

“I’m debating,” Chris said, pulling a couple of different shoes out. “I have those new turquoise heels that would be bitchin, but I’m kinda feeling like boots are the way to go.”

“Definitely the cowboy boots,” Sara replied, “That’s what I’m wearing.”

“Good call.” Chris sat on the bed and tugged on her embroidered boots. “I love these.”

“Me too. I’m jealous,” Sara said. “Oh, ya. I came in here to ask you if you’d do my eye makeup. I wanna look baller.”

Chris laughed. “Sure. I have to finish mine, then I’ll do it.”

“I’m gonna go to something manly,” Pete said, getting up. “Like watch sports, or something.”

“You don’t like sports,” Chris teased.

“Yes, I do,” Pete said, “Or, at least, I like them more than cowboy boots and makeup.”

“Fair enough,” Sara replied. Pete left the room and the girls continued to get ready. Fifteen minutes later, they were done and went downstairs. Everyone was ready to go. “Stacy,” Sara said looking at the other girl. “I have the perfect accessory for you if you want it.”

“Sure,” Stacy replied.

Sara ran back upstairs and returned. “You need a little bit of Southern in your style.” She placed a straw cowboy hat on Stacy’s head.

“Sweet. Thanks.”

“No problem.” Just then there was a honk from out front. “Car’s here!”

They all piled in the car and drove the thirty minutes to Gruene. In the restaurant they had margaritas and fajitas. After they finished, they all walked over to the Dance Hall. The boys marveled at all the signed photographs of musical legends.

“Merle Haggard, really?” Patrick asked with disbelief in his voice.

“Yup. And Willie Nelson,” Becca told him.

“Drinks!” Joe said, grabbing Sara’s hand and dragging her off in the direction of the bar. The others followed. They ordered drinks and managed to secure a few seats at a crowded table. The girls only had taken a few sips when a song came on that made them squeal.

“We have to go.” Sara said standing and letting Joe take her seat.

“Where?” Pete asked, one of his hands resting on Chris’ shoulder.

She also stood up, along with Becca. “Dancing!”

The three of them grabbed each others’ hands and rushed to the dance floor to join fifty other people who were standing lines doing a dance all together.

“Did we miss the whole drinking the Kool-Aid thing? Or is this cult more of a mind control thing?” Andy asked watching the girls as they stepped a couple of steps to the right and clapped and then stepped to the left and spun around.

“I believe this is the phenomenon known as line dancing,” Patrick said also watching.

“I want to try.” Stacy got up and walked over to the girls who enthusiastically started to teach her the steps.

“This is crazy,” Joe said, draining his beer.

“Agreed,” Pete replied. “I need another drink.”

“Me too,” Joe said and they went to the bar.

A few more drinks later the girls returned to the table. Chris sat down on Pete’s lap, his arm went around her waist. “Hey there.”

Chris looked at the three empty bottles on the table. “No fair, you guys are way ahead of us.”

“You were dancing,” Joe said, “What were we supposed to do?”

“I guess that’s acceptable.”

Sara found her drink and finished it. “I’m still thirsty. Who wants to go to the bar with me?”

“I will,” Stacy said, also finishing her drink.

“Me too,” Chris said trying to get up. Pete tightened his arm around her. “Pete,” she whined. He let go with a pout on his face. Standing she leaned down and kissed him. “I’ll be right back.”

“What the hell was that?” she heard Joe ask as she, Stacy and Sara walked toward the bar.

Turning to Stacy, “He can handle that right?”

“Absolutely,” she replied, laughing along with Chris.

“Tina,” Sara asked, the disbelief on her face matching the tone in Joe’s voice. “You’re with Pete?”

“Ummm, ya,” Chris answered. They were at the bar now. “Three Shiners, please.”

“Bottle or draft, ladies?” The bartender asked.

“Bottles, please.” Chris went to get her card so they could open a tab.

“You’re money’s no good here, ma’am,” the bartender said when he saw. “Pretty ladies drink for free.”

“Well thank you, sir.” She shot him a winning smile. He put the beers down in front of her and
the girls took them.

“Get it girl,” Sara said as they walked away.

“Someone’s got game,” Stacy said as they got back to the table.

“Who?” Pete asked as Chris sat back down in his lap.

“Your girl,” Sara responded.

“Oh really?”

“It’s true,” Chris said, with a smile, draping her arm around his shoulder. “I got us free drinks.”

“Because we are ‘pretty ladies.’ And pretty ladies drink for free!” Stacy said using air quotes.
Everyone laughed.

“Pretty is right,” Pete said quietly in her ear, squeezing her around the waist.

They sat around and drank and chatted. The girls then convinced the boys they needed to learn how to line dance. So the next song that came on, they dragged the boys, who were whining of course, out to the dance floor.

“So, it’s really easy,” Chris said standing in front of everyone with Sara and Becca. Stacy was standing with the boys because she had already forgotten the steps. “Just follow us.” They waited a few beats in the music. “Ok, grapevine right. Clap. Step left, turn, step. Clap. Step back, clap, step back, clap. Lean forward, lean back. Step, kick, turn! Now do it again.”

Now they were facing a new way. The girls continued to shout out the steps and help the others learn. There was lots of laughing and teasing. By the time the song was ending, the boys had gotten a hang of it. Well, sort of. They were enjoying themselves, which is what was important. When the song changed it was a different rhythm.

“Two-step,” Becca said matter-of-factly. She held out her hand to Chris. “Be my man?”

Chris laughed and took her hand. Chris and Becca swung each other around the dance floor. When the song ended, Chris twirled Becca and dipped her dramatically, then they weaved their way through the crowd back to their friends.

“You make a wonderful man,” Sara said teasingly when they returned.

“You’re just jealous because you don’t have our moves,” Becca said back giving Chris a twirl.

“I know, I’m jealous,” Pete said, his arm going around Chris’ shoulder and kissing her temple.

“I wanna learn how to dance like that,” Stacy said.

“I can teach you. The next song if you want,” Chris said, leaning into Pete’s hold. Stacy nodded enthusiastically.

“Are you gonna teach me?” He asked.

“Sure,” she smiled up at him. “Only if I can sit down and drink a little first.”

“Your wish is my command.” The group went back to the table. A waitress came around and they ordered more drinks. Becca cajoled Andy out onto the dance floor with her. Sara was flirting with Joe shamelessly. Chris was drinking her margarita when another two-step came on.

“Come on, Stacy,” she said standing and reaching out her hand to Stacy. They hurried back onto the dance floor. “You want to learn the girl part, I’m assuming?”

“Yes please.”

“So put your hand on my shoulder.” Chris got them situated. “Ok, the steps are quick, quick, slow, slow. Ready?”

“No,” Stacy said, laughing, “But let’s go anyway.”

“Ok.” Chris started to move Stacy across the floor. By the time the song was over and they weren’t even dancing anymore because they were laughing so hard. They meandered back to the table where their drinks were waiting.

“How’d it go?” Becca asked.

“I think it’s safe to say that I’m awful at this game,” Stacy said collapsing into the seat next to Patrick. After a sip, she let her head fall onto Patrick’s shoulder.

“You weren’t that terrible,” Chris said, leaning over Pete for her drink.

“Yes, I was.”

“Ok, maybe you were a little terrible.”

“When’s my turn?” Pete asked from his seat in front of Chris.

“Calm down. The next song we’ll go.” She said.

“I’m gonna teach Andy, too,” Becca said.

“Really?” Stacy asked disbelievingly. “Andy doesn’t dance.”

“Maybe I do now,” Andy retorted sticking his tongue out at her.

Another song started up, “This one will work,” Chris said.

Becca, Andy and Pete followed her to the dance floor. When Chris turned to face Pete he asked,
“So, how does this work?”

“Give me your left hand,” she took it in her hand, “and put your right hand on my waist.”

“I like this dance already,” he said putting his arm as low as possible and still be considered her waist.

“So funny.” She smiled. “Now we wait for the beat and we do the steps. It goes quick, quick, slow, slow. And then you repeat. Ready?”

“Sure.”

“Ok, here we go. Quick, quick, slow, slow-“ she continued to count out the steps for a while. Pete stepped on her feet a couple of times, but by the time the song was halfway over he had caught on pretty well. “You’re pretty good at this.”

“I’m just awesome in general.”

“Ya, I know.” She was all smiles.

“So how do I spin you?”

She laughed. “Super easy. You let go of my waist and lift your left arm up and spin me under it.”

“I don’t want to let go of you.” He pulled her closer.

“That’s alright with me.”

A/N: awww cheesy. haha so much fluff. whatever. it makes me happy. I hope you like it too =)
Sign up to rate and review this story