Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Thanks For The Memories.

Ch22. Thanks for the Memories.

by secretive 8 reviews

Final Chapter.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2011-06-21 - Updated: 2011-06-21 - 1344 words - Complete

1Moving
(Gerard's POV)
My whole body tensed as i stared at the short, blonde haired man who stared back at me with a bewildered expression. "I-i can explain Patrick.." Pete stammered,
"Please do!" Partick cried,
"I..." Pete began, "I'm in love with Gerard." My heart skipped a beat when he said that, but Patrick seemed taken back by this statement. He flinched a little, this obviously was something he'd never expected from Pete.
"But, why did you run off like that, Pete?" he asked, his tone little more angry this time. Pete hesitated, probably thinking of the best way to word his next sentence. I took a step back, hoping to become as invisible as possible, but Patrick kept glaring over at me. "I can't stay Pat..." Pete mumbled,
"What!" He almost shouted, again, people were looking at us, especially security. I knew we ddin't have too long before we would be kicked out.
"Patrick..." Pete began, "I'm in love with Gee, i can't leave him! I just can't, i'm sorry... i'm so sorry.."
"What so you're just going to leave the band behind!?" Patrick cried "We worked so hard Pete, don't throw it all away don't ruin it for all of us!"
"I can't leave Patrick! Just replace me or something!" Pete told him sternly,
"You think we can do that huh?" Patrick asked, moving closer and closer to Pete until he was standing right infront of him, his back towards me. "We wouldn't be here without you, you're the one everybody want's to see Pete, you are the fucking band!" Pete stood motionless infront of Patrick, staring meaningfully at him, he glanced over at me, then back at Patrick.
How could i do this? I'm not just ruining Pete's career, i'm ruining the lives of three other men who had worsed their asses off to get to where they were now. I was sure Patrick hated me already. I could see tears welling up in his eyes, his expression was a mixture of dissappointment and desperation. As much as i wanted Pete, as much as i would love to wake up to his beautiful face every morning and to touch his perfect body every night, i couldn't. Destroying the dreams of this band was something i just couldn't do. Especially since i would be destroying Pete's dream too. I watched, horrified as Pete and Patrick argued infront of me.
"So what are we going to do now, huh?" Patrick asked Pete, a tear trickling down his cheek.
"....go" i interrupted. Both of them turned to look at me, their eyes fired up with different emotions.
"What?" Pete said,
"Go with him..." i told him, Pete's face dropped.
"B-but Gee, i love you.." he whimpered, "I thought you wanted me to stay...". Patrick looked at me and took a step back. I placed myself infront of Pete and wrapped my arm around his waist. "Pete.." i began, "I love you, i love you so much, but i just can't do this." i stared into his eyes.
"What.. why?" he asked, desperation filling his tone,
"I can't ruin your life like this.." i began
"You're making my life better Gee!" he interrupted,
"I-i can't ruin your dream..." i stuttered, "and i can't ruin your friends dreams. You've worked so hard to get here andi just can't let you leave this behind." He stared at he, his eyes almost hypnotising me, but i didn't let them.
"Come with me!" Pete cried,
"I can't.. i can't afford it, i can't be a distraction..." i told him. "Pete, leave me behind, enjoy your life."
"I would enjoy my life with you.." he said, gripping my arm tightly with his hand. His breathing began to speed up as tears began to spill from his eyes. My expression mirrored his. We stood in the crowds of the bustling airport, holding eachother tightly and crying softly.
"Just let go Pete.." i said. Pete loosened his grip on me untill we were stood motionless infront of eachother.

"How can i live without you Gee?" Pete asked,
"Just, remember me.." i told him, "We'll always have our memories.."
"The time that you picked me up from the police station..." he sighed,
"The time that you first met Mikey..." i said,
"He was so confused," Pete grinned.
"The time that we first kissed..." I smiled,
"The time that i punched a guy in the face purely out of jealousy.." he giggled. I took his hand and looked into his deep chocolate eyes. "Last night..." i grinned at him. He smiled back and we stared at eachother again. How could two people so right for eachother be in such a wrong situation. I guess we just weren't meant to be together. Pete stroked his hand down my face and pulled me into another kiss. This one seemed different, it was wet from the tears, there was the same electric spark that there was the first time we kissed, but this time, it would be our last kiss, so we made the most of it.
We ended the kiss, still holding eachother closely, "Thanks..." Pete sniffled,
"For what..?" i asked him
"The memories." he smiled. A voice over the tannoy called for Pete's flight to be boarded. Patrick took him by the arm, "Come on mate," he told him "It's all going to be okay from now on."
"I love you," i mouthed to Pete as he walked away with Patrick, turning his head back to look at me.
"I love you too," he mouthed back at me. I smiled, giggling a little to myself as tears still splatted onto the floor, falling from my face. I turned and left the airport, knowing now that i would probably never see Pete again.


It was about 11:00am when i arrived home. I'd managed to stop crying now and i was sat on the sofa with a coffee, cradling Pete's note in my hand, still scimming through the words, especially the part about him loving me. My heart was broken and it would probably take a while to fix, but it could only make me stronger and i knew now that Pete's life was going to be amazing. He truly deserved all the great things that were going to happen to him. I knew he would be happy.
Sudenly, i heard a sharp knock at the door. Who could it be? Probably Mikey back from his night out. I hoped it was, i really needed him right now. I shuffled towards the door and opened it. My eyes widened as i saw who it was, "B-brendon?" i asked,
"Gerard!?" he replied, looking about as confused as i felt.
"What, what are you dong here?" i asked him, suddenly becoming aware of the fact that i looked awful. My hair was a mess, i was wearing yesterdays black jeans and one of Pete's old T-shirts that he'd left behind. It was quite loose, but i ddin't care.
"Pete told me he was going to surprise some friends with some singing lessons..." he grinned, "i had no idea that friends was ... you." He looked as great as he did the last time. His hair was scruffy this time, he wasn't wearing his glasses and he was wearing baggy, blue jeans. He looked concerned. "You've been crying, haven't you?" he sympathised. I nodded. "What's wrong?" he asked me.
"Well, why don't you come in?" i grinned, "I'll explain." Brendon stepped inside, wiping his boots carefully on the mat. We looked at eachother, and immediatley both dived into a tight hug. And although i knew Pete couldn't come back, i knew i'd get through this. I had my friends, I had my brother and now i even had Brendon. Also, i had one new thing. I had a dream, i knew one day, i wanted to be as successful as Pete. That way, maybe one day i'll be able to see him again, even if we were just friends, I didn't care. I just knew now, that i would never give up.
Sign up to rate and review this story