Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I'll blow my brains against the ceiling.

Come on angel, don't you cry

by MyBloodyTearsFall 2 reviews

The gang meets the surviors. Do lynz and Gerard finally open up about their feelings for each other??

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Horror,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2011-06-21 - Updated: 2011-07-06 - 1601 words - Complete

1TrainWreck
Sorry I haven't updated! Well here's the next chapter. I hope you like it!



Gerard placed me in the passenger side and buckled me up quickly before seating himself on the driver’s seat. Cletus, Victor and Annabel Lee were following us from behind in their truck. Gerard stared at the road, “Does it hurt?” He asked after a few moments of silence, referring to my sprained ankle.

My ankle was beginning to turn purple and swollen. I couldn’t put any weigh on it without causing myself great pain. I would terribly weigh down them now for at least a week, but who knows? In that time more zombies could come after us and try to feast on our brains. Tears slipped from my eyes as I realized I wouldn’t be able to defend myself as well as I could have. Forcing Gerard to defend me as well as himself. One way or another one of us was going to end up getting hurt; I just hoped it was me instead of him. “What’s wrong?” He took one hand away from the wheel and grabbed my hand, squeezing it. “Don’t cry, Lynz. I’ll protect you.” He turned to look at me, a cheerful smile on his lips.

I looked up into his hazel eyes. “But that’s just it! I don’t want you risking your life because of me. When the time comes, I want you to leave me behind. ” I stared deep into his eyes, willing him to obey my wish. “I don’t want to be responsible for your death, Gee!” I sobbed, covering my stained face with my hands. My eyeliner ruined.

He slammed on the break, causing us to jerk forward. His eyes were fierce with a sudden anger. “Lynz! Don’t say that. I’m not leaving you behind. Do you understand? Nothing in the world would make me leave you behind to be killed. How could I ever live with myself if I let you die? I’d kill myself before I let that happen. Don’t doubt me when I say I’ll protect you.” He hugged me tightly, soothing me with his warmth. I squeezed him back.

Just as I was about to respond, a honk brought us back to reality. “Hey! Is everything okay? You stopped so suddenly we thought something might have happened.” Cletus shouted from his seat in front of the steering wheel.

Gerard looked at me, reluctantly releasing me to turn to look behind him at the older man. “Yeah! Everything’s okay. Just trying to wrap our heads around what just happened. Don’t worry!” He started the Jeep and drove again to Frank’s house.

We arrived at Frank’s farm house in 10 minutes. The guys met us outside. Gerard lifted me into his arms, helping me out of the Jeep. The others got out of their truck, Annabel Lee hiding. She must have been scared to see the gang. Being around zombies must make her hesitant. Who could blame her?

“Guys, this is Cletus, Victor and Annabel Lee. We met them at the mall. They had been staying there and I thought it’d be better if they came here with us. A mob of zombies came and attacked us while we were there so it could have easily happened again.” Gerard explained. He always had everyone’s best interest in mind. His kindness showed in almost everything he did. Though he’d grown up with lots of hate and vengeance in his mind from kids picking on him, he never hesitated to help someone in need.

“Cool. Sure man, it’s no problem. We have to help each other out in a time like this. My name’s Frank. Frank Iero.” He shook hands with both men. “I own this house and you’re welcome to stay.” He smiled at them.

After everyone had been introduced Mikey looked over at me. “What happened? Your ankle’s turning purple” He lifted my leg gently examining it. “I don’t think it’s broken, just sprained.”

“I tripped on the way out of the mall when the zombies attacked. I should be fine in a few days.” I tried to shrug it off although I was mentally screaming for someone to get me some painkillers. Frank seemed to notice this.

“Let’s get better acquainted inside. The sun should be setting soon and I doubt any of us want to stay outside during the night. It appears Lynz could use some medicine and a brace.” He winked at me. “Lucky for you, I happen to have both.” We laughed. Frank was a curious person which led him to do extreme things. He sprained his ankle free running once with Ray though LA.

Gerard handed out cooked cup noodles to each of us every two minutes before seating himself beside me. The sun had set, leaving us trapped in the darkness of terror. Cletus’s demeanor was very self-confident. He seemed very certain that he wouldn’t become a zombie anytime soon. Victor was a more courteous man, as well as friendly. They made very nice company during this havoc. Annabel Lee was fast asleep in her father’s arm. She was much too innocent for this world. They had come for vacation but gotten stuck here during the breakout.

“How long were you guys staying at the mall?” Frank asked while slurping his noodles.

“Not too long. Just about a week. Our house was attacked so we couldn’t go back. We went to the mall since it had lots of place to hide plus lots of food and water. Cletus looked around the big farm house. “This is a nice place you have here.”

“It was my parents. We moved here when I was 11. That’s how I meet all of them. “Frank gestured to us. “But lucky for my parents, they moved back to New Jersey last year. Funny thing is we’re all from Jersey yet we somehow ended up in sunny zombie infested California!” He laughed without humor.

“We should get some rest and turn these lights off. Don’t want to draw unnecessary attention to this place” Bob stood up, going to the kitchen, tossing the empty noodles cup to the trash and turning off the lights.

“Where can we stay?” Victor asked, picking up his sleeping daughter.
“There’s two empty rooms upstairs to your left.” Frank replied also pushing himself off the ground.



I massaged my leg, staring at the ceiling of my room. I thought of my parents. Were they still zombies? Or had they been killed already? Who had bit them and where? Had they even tried to fight back? Or had they not realized what was happening? A light knock on the door pulled me out of my thoughts. “Come in.”

Gerard’s face appeared. His moonlit skin glowing in contrast to his midnight hair. “ Couldn’t sleep. I thought I’d come see how you were doing. You were never someone to sleep early.” He smiled at me, sitting on the edge of the bed.

“I was just thinking about my parents.” I had the sudden urge to touch his hair, to run my fingers through it.

“I’m sorry Lynz.” He whispered softly. My tears fell like water fountains from my eyes. I was so emotional lately. Please tell me its hormones! I was losing my edge. Where was that tough girl with tattoos who wasn’t afraid to speak her mind?

Gerard pulled on onto his lap holding me close and tight. I looked up into his beautiful hazel eyes. He looked at me too. I don’t know how long we just stared at each other but eventually I closed my eyes and leaned into him. My lips brushed his at first, testing to see if he’d let me. He didn’t pull way so I took that as a good sign. I kissed him full on the mouth. His lips were warm and soft although a bit chapped. He froze in shock for a second before kissing me back. I pulled away and laid down on my bed, dragging him with me. His knees were on either side of me. I knotted my hands in his hair and brought his lips back to mine. His hands were on my hip and the small of my back. He licked my bottom lip, begging for entrance. I opened my mouth allowing him in. His tongue explored every part of my mouth. He tasted like coffee and the cup noodles. I moaned into him. I slide my hands under his shirt, trying to rip it off. I wanted his bare skin to touch me but he pulled way grabbing my hands.
“No. Not tonight, Lynz.” Gerard stood up. I whimpered from loss of contact, reaching out my hands for him.

I kissed my best friend. “Umm. Can we talk? About what just happened.” Confusion was clear on my face. Did I like him? I always had been attracted to him. But did he like me back? What if it was only in the moment?

“Yeah. Uhh. Do you like me?” He hesitated. I nodded, not trusting my voice. We were like little kids, asking if we liked each other. He smiled. “Well that’s awesome!”

“So are we together or…” My voice trailed off.

All traces of his smiled disappeared. He looked at me completely serious. “Lynz, I’ve been in love with you since we first met.”
Sign up to rate and review this story