Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Go Ahead and Burn it Down.

Turn the Lights Off, Carry Me Home

by XxLiveyourlifExX 2 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2011-06-21 - Updated: 2011-06-22 - 3163 words - Complete

1Moving
Turn the Lights Off, Carry Me Home

A few minutes later Sara appeared at the door. “Dinner’s ready, has she woken up?” Pete nodded. “Well we’re ready to eat if she’s up for it.”

Pete nodded again and Sara left the room. “Hey Chris?”

“Mhmm.”

“You up for dinner?”

She nodded. “How am I gonna get there?”

“How have you been getting anywhere?” Pete asked getting out of bed and holding his arms out. She reached up and twined her arms around his neck. She kissed him when he picked her up. Then she caught sight of her cast.

“Awww it’s green. I love green.”

“Dr. Trennor picked it. She said it matched your bathing suit.” They left the room and went downstairs. When they walked into the dining room where everyone was, Pete announced, “Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the awesome, Ms. Chris Henry!”

They clapped and cheered. Chris bowed from her spot in Pete’s arms. He put her down in the seat at the end of the table so she could use another chair to keep her foot elevated. Throughout dinner they commented on the coolness of her would be trick and teased her good-naturedly. After dinner they decided to walk up to the ice cream stand up the road. They would take turns giving Chris a piggy back ride because she refused to let someone drive her. Someone went and got her boot, just in case she had to walk for some reason. Becca chided her about not taking her medicine and managed to get her to take some Advil before they left. Chris didn’t want any part of the Darvocet she was prescribed.

Becca volunteered to carry Chris first and claimed that she and Sara needed to have a chat and invited Stacy along with them, but, “No boys.”

They laughed at the hurt expressions on the boys face and then started the walk to the ice cream shop, making sure the boys gave them enough distance so they could talk without them hearing. Becca started, “So now that you’re ok and all, I can tell you how completely stupid you were to try the Mobius, right?”

“I am aware.”

“But I’m impressed. It took balls.”

Chris laughed. “And this is what you wanted to talk to me about? The boys couldn’t be present
for ‘let’s pick on Chris some more’ time?”

“Well, not exactly,” Sara said. “Remember last night? In the limo, before we talked about calling you Chris?”

“Ya?” Chris thought about it for a second. “Oh. That.”

“Yes, that,” Becca said.

“Wait, what are we talking about?” Stacy asked.

“Last night we were talking about whether or not I’m sleeping with Pete,” Chris explained.

“Have you slept with Pete? ‘Cause that’s something you definitely need to tell me,” Stacy said incredulously.

“No, I haven’t,” Chris assured her. “What else is there to talk about?”

“The why,” Becca said, “You got upset when we talked about why and we decided to talk about it
when we were sober.”

“And we’re sober now,” Sara pointed out.

“Didn’t I already explain?” Chris asked.

“Kind of, but it seemed to be bothering you,” Becca said.

“Fill me in?” Stacy asked.

“Well, Stacy knows what happened when we kissed for the first time.” At Sara’s questioning look, she explained, “There was crying. Because I felt guilty for leaving after Matty died and because I was afraid that at some point Pete would decided to be angry at me for it.”

“That’s ridiculous!” Becca exclaimed.

“Ya. He adores you,” Sara added.

“This is true,” Stacy commented.

“I know, and Pete and I talked about it and we’re fine. But as far as sleeping with him…I don’t know, it’s like this whole big thing with Matty and Pete and stuff that happened in high school. I have to figure all that out at some point, but I like where things are right now. Besides, I’m not the girl who gives it up that easy.”

“So true,” Becca said, laughing at a memory. “Poor Eric.”

“He was a pig!” Sara exclaimed.

“I know. He just had no idea what he was getting into.”

“Do I even want to know?” Stacy asked. Chris shook her head no. “Anyway, as far as you not sleeping with Pete, I don’t really think it’s a big deal. I know Pete really well and I know, despite things you might hear, he’s not the kind of kid to pressure a girl. And he really likes you. Like a lot. So I wouldn’t worry about it.”

Chris nodded. Becca said, “I admire your will power. I’ve bee wanting to sex him up since the first time I saw him play three years ago.”

They all laughed. “So are we done with this conversation?” Sara asked. “Can we walk with the boys now?”

“Someone’s got it bad for Joseph Throman,” Stacy said, smirking.

“Are you sleeping with him?” Chris asked wickedly.

Sara turned red. “It’s not important.”

“Aw look at our little Joey, Stacy. He’s all growed up, laying girls and stuff.” All of them laughed except Sara.

“This conversation is over!” Sara declared.

“Fine, fine,” Stacy went to the boys to tell them they were allowed to rejoin the girls. Sara
and Becca stopped walking so they could catch up.

“My turn,” Andy said, referring to Chris. Becca set her down gently and then Chris hopped onto Andy’s back.

The boys were talking about their next music video. “I still think we should do Dance, Dance next,” Patrick was saying. “I really like the idea for Sixteen Candles, but I think we could make Dance, Dance more commercial.”

“Do we want to be commercial?” Andy asked.

“Maybe commercial’s not the right word,” Patrick said, more cautiously.

“No matter what you do, I don’t think you could be considered ‘commercial’ right now,” Stacy said. “Your sound is so different than anything that’s Top 40 right now. Just do something fun. The masses will like it, and the scene kids back home won’t get their panties in a wad.”

“What’s the concept for Sixteen Candles?” Chris asked.

“Vampires!” Joe exclaimed.

“Vampires?” Becca asked skeptically.

“It’s gonna be a post-apocalyptic world kind of thing,” Pete explained. “We’re gonna be vampire hunters.”

“When do you have to have another video out?” Sara asked.

“End of summer,” Patrick replied. “We have three weeks of tour left and then they want us to shoot a video in Chicago.”

“Honestly,” Chris said, “I’d wait on Sixteen Candles. It sounds really cool, but I think you guys need some more time to hash out the details. Do Dance, Dance. Make it fun like Stacy said. It’ll be an end-of-summer block buster.”

“Let’s light shit on fire!” Joe suggested.

“Keep your voice down,” Sara said, hitting him lightly. “We’re almost there and small children are around.”

Andy set Chris down at a table and they all went to order ice cream. Chris took out her phone and dialed.

“Hey, mom.”

“Hi, sweetie. How’s the lake?”

“It’s great.” She paused. “There’s something I have to tell you.”

“What is it?”

“Well, today, I was wakeboarding and I ate it big time.”

“Are you ok?” Chris could hear the panic in her mother’s voice.

“I’m fine. Becca and Pete took me to the hospital.”

“The hospital? That doesn’t sound like you’re fine, Christina.”

“I broke my wrist and it needed to be cast. And I’m in a boot because my ankle’s sprained.”

“Oh, Christina.”

“And the doctor did a MRI.”

“Why?” the strain in her voice was evident.

“To check for spinal injury and whiplash. I’m fine. Nothing was on the scan. I just thought you
should know.”

“Well, thanks for calling. How was the hospital?”

“I honestly don’t remember.”

“You don’t remember?” She was skeptical.

“I guess Pete and Becca told the doctor about Matty and my experiences in hospital so they gave
me a sedative so I wouldn’t be traumatized.”

“Well that’s good. And you’re sure you’re ok?”

“Absolutely. These guys are taking great care of me.”

“Excellent. Thanks for calling.”

“You’re welcome I’ll talk to you soon. Love you.”

“Love you, too.”

Chris hung up as the others returned.

“For m’lady,” Andy said sitting on one side of her and pushing a dish in front of her.

“Softserve vanilla with rainbow jimmies.”

“How did you know that?”

“Andy remembers everything,” Joe said from across the table.

“And there was that one summer when we to Streetside every night,” Pete added sliding into the spot next to Chris.

“You ordered that every time,” Andy said.

“Ya, remember, by the end of summer, Matt would get us all to order with you?” Patrick put in.

“Oh, ya,” Chris said, smiling at the memory. “That was the summer I learned why jimmies were called jimmies.”

Everyone laughed except Sara and Becca. Sara asked, “What the Hell are jimmies?”

“Sprinkles,” Joe told her.

“Why is that so funny?”

“Well,” Patrick launched into an explanation which resulted in laughs and a horrified look from Becca.

“That’s terrible!”

“Oh come off it, Becca,” Chris said with a grin. “That’s not really why they’re called jimmies.”

“Then why are they called jimmies?” Becca asked incredulously.

“I have no idea,” Patrick said laughing.

After they had finished eating, Patrick volunteered to carry Chris. “So,” she said, “What do you want to do for your next video? What song, Dance or something?”

“Dance, Dance,” Patrick corrected, “and I have no idea. Suggestions?”

Chris thought for a moment. “I just realized I have no idea what song Dance, Dance is. I mean the only Fall Out Boy I’ve listened to since I left Chicago is Your Heart Will Always Be the B-Side of My Tongue.”

“That’s right. I forgot.”

“I guess I need to learn the rest. What kind of fan am I if I can’t scream along to every song
you sing?” She asked with humor in her voice.

“Luckily, you’re best friends with the band. I’m sure someone can teach you.”

“Oh, really?”

“I can if you want.”

“Awwwww Patrick and Chris bonding time. Adorbs.”

“Don’t make fun. I was serious.”

“Me too. It’d be fun.”

“Good.”

They continued their walk, Chris heckled the others from Patrick’s back.

Soon they were back at the house. Chris was put on the couch as the others got drinks and pictionary together. The blender whirled.

“Chris, do you want a margarita?” Sara asked over the noise.

“First, I don’t think that’s the best idea,” she said. “I’ll have a water, please. There was
that one time I was on a sedative like four hours ago, remember?”

“Oh ya,” Sara said sarcastically, “That.”

“Ahaha,” Chris replied. “Anyway, I thought this was a ‘sober day.’ What happened to that?”

“You’re stressful,” Becca said smiling, ruffling her hair as she walked by. “I know I need a
drink after today.”

“My b,” Chris said sticking her tongue out at her and smoothing her hair.

“Here ya go,” Pete said, coming to sit next to her with a beer in one hand and a water in the other.

“Thanks.” Chris shifted so he could sit and she could lean against him.

“You’re welcome.” He handed her the bottle and put his arm around her. “How are you feeling?”

“Good,” she replied after taking a long swig of water.

“Like ‘awesome’ good or ‘I’m lying so no one feels bad’ good?”

“It hurts a little. My wrist. And my face still feels pretty puffy, but my ankle feels fine. But
then again you all haven’t let me put any pressure on it.”

“It’s because we’re good friends.”

“True,” she said leaning back to grin up at him.

“I’m glad you’re feeling alright.” He kissed her forehead.

“Pictionary!” Becca shouted, walking back into the room with the old game box and a dry erase board.

“Margaritas!” Sara mimicked, bringing in a tray. “Here you go,” she said handing one to Chris.

“Didn’t we just have this conversation?”

“I made you a virgin one so you wouldn’t feel left out.”

“Aww thanks.” Chris took it from her.

They played. Andy had a very interesting rendering of an antelope. It looked like a buffalo looking at Africa with a heart in its thought bubble.

“I didn’t know how to draw an antelope!” he defended when his turn was over.

Chris made it through three or four of her turns before the exhaustion from the day hit her full
force. She fell asleep against Pete in the middle of Becca trying to draw Jupiter.

“Chris is out,” Joe said after they had guessed Becca’s picture.

They stopped the game so Pete could go put her to bed. Chris woke as Pete set her down.

“Huh?”

“Go back to sleep, starshine,” he said getting into bed.

She nodded and said, “Ok, but you go finish the game.”

“I don’t have to.”

“You should. It’s fun. At the end of the game Becca makes everyone redraw their favorite picture
and we keep it forever. I’m just going to go to sleep, anyway.” The last part of her sentence
was mumbled.

“Are you sure?” She nodded, her eyes closing. “Ok, I’ll be back later.” She smiled and he leaned down to kiss her. By the time he left the room and closed the door, she was asleep again.

An hour or so later, Chris awoke in a significant amount of pain. Her wrist hurt so badly. She
needed some Advil or something, but she didn’t have any. She heard laughter from downstairs and decided to suck it up. They were busy. She rolled over and tried to fall back asleep. She succeeded, kind of. She kept dozing off and then waking up because it would hurt. By the time Pete came to bed she was curled up in a ball crying.

“Are you ok?!” Pete asked coming over to her at a run when he saw her.

“It just hurts.”

“Want me to go get the Advil?” She nodded in response. He left the room and returned a few minutes later with the bottle and a water. “Are you sure Advil’s enough? Maybe you should try the painkillers.”

She shook her head no. “Just the Advil, please.”

“Alright.” Pete handed her the pills and unscrewed the cap from the water bottle. After she swallowed the pills, Pete wiped the tears off her face. “You’ve cried more in the week we’ve been here than the rest of the time I’ve known you.”

She laughed and said, “I know, look at what you’re doing to me.”

“I’m such a terrible influence.” He said, smiling. “How’s it feel? I know it takes some time for the medicine to work.”

“It hurts likes a bitch, but you’re a good distraction.” She was cradling her casted arm in the
other.

“I could distract you more,” he said with a wicked grin on his face.

“Oh really?”

He gently pulled her into his arms. Smiling, he kissed her. “Really.”

They spent the next few minutes happily making out. “While this is wonderful,” Chris said
between kisses, “My face kinda hurts and this isn’t making it feel better.”

“Awww sadface,” Pete said pouting.

“I’m sorry.” She gave him a kiss on the cheek.

“I’ll survive,” he said with a smile.

“Good. Because I would hate to see you perish due to lack of affection.”

“That would be awful, wouldn’t it?”

“Oh hush.” She settled into his arms, her head on his chest.

He kissed the top of her head. “Will CSI distract you?”

“Maybe.”

“Well it couldn’t hurt.” He clicked on the TV, found CSI, and ran his fingers through her hair.

Normally this would have put Chris to sleep in minutes. Not tonight. Two hours later, she was still awake, the pain in her wrist keeping her up. She shifted and her cast knocked Pete. He jolted awake. She apologized, “Sorry, I didn’t mean to.”

“It’s ok,” he said and rubbed his eyes. “Have you slept at all?”

“A little.”

“You’re a bad liar.” He ran his hand through her hair again. “I wish you would take the painkillers. The doctor prescribed them for a reason.”

She was quiet for a while. “Matty used to take them, you know. In the end. When you were gone.” His grip on her tightened. After a few more moments of silence, she continued. “It was all they could do for him. They made him-weird. Like he didn’t know who he was. I don’t want to take them.”

It wasn’t until Pete wiped her face that she realized she was crying. “I know I said this earlier today, but this isn’t then,” he said gently. “It isn’t the same situation. It’s medicine. The doctor gave it to you because she thought you would need it.” He gave her a second to catch her breath. “Please take some?”

She took a deep breath. “Maybe just a little bit?”

He kissed her head and leaned over to the bedside table. He rummaged with one hand as his other arm stayed around her. He found the bottle and read the label out loud. “It says ‘Take two every four to six hours.’ So maybe you just take one?”

She nodded and Pete opened the bottle and shook one bright pink pill out into her open palm. Then he handed her the bottle of water. She took the pill. Soon after she started crying again, burying her face in Pete’s chest. He rubbed her back and tried to sooth her. Soon she stopped crying. Fifteen minutes later, she sat up giggling. “My face feels funny.”

Pete smiled, “Does it now?”

She nodded goofily.

“How’s your pain?”

“Huh? What are you talking about, silly Peter?”

“That good, huh?” He was grinning now, almost laughing.

“I’m sleepy.” She was swaying back and forth now.

“Then let’s go to sleep.” He held his arms out. She happily fell back into him. And a few minutes later, her head on his chest, his fingers running through her hair, she was asleep, finally.

A/N: Have some more =) haha literally all I'm doing right now, is going to work, writing at lunch, posting chapters, writing at night, and posting more chapters. You people are benefitting from my lack of social life. Congrats
Sign up to rate and review this story