Categories > TV > Doctor Who > A Time Lord's Tryst

Chapter One

by magical_melody 0 reviews

On a seemingly normal night Mandy’s life is flipped upside down when two strangers save her life from the most unexpected danger. Aliens. But Mandy’s not the only one in for a surprise.

Category: Doctor Who - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Humor - Published: 2011-06-23 - Updated: 2012-08-08 - 5781 words

1Exciting
XXXMANDYXXX

“Shayyyyye!” I giggled into the phone.

What? I like your boobs,” my best friend laughed on the other line.

I was walking home and Shaye always kept me company on the long dark walk. I worked at the local bar as a waitress. We were currently discussing my boob tips, by boob tips I mean tips made in a bar from gentlemen who simply tip me for my two perky 36Ds whether I served them or not.

“I know you do but that’s not the point. I love the money but hate the reason for it!” I say exasperatedly.

I know, but you can’t blame ‘em! I’d tip you extra. Look, you’re all curves and smiles. Guys like you cause your five foot, always happy, and have a 42, 26, 36,” I groaned and wondered how she knew my exact measurements, “it’s a winning hand. Just be thankful you get the money to pay your bills. I’m barely squeezing by.

I passed by a pitch black alley and glanced at it cautiously. The problem with my job was the hours. A twenty-one year old woman as little as I was walking home at two o’clock in the morning was less than intelligent, it was downright stupid. But I had to get back and forth every day somehow.

I’d been doing this for three months now and hadn’t had any problems but that didn’t keep me from being on edge anyways. I wasn’t as worried with Shaye on the other line. If I was in trouble she had her cell phone on speed dial straight to the police. So far there had been no need for it, thankfully. I brushed my shoulder length brown hair out of my eyes.

So where are you?” I heard Shaye ask on the other end.

“On Grande St. I’m heading to the cross roads of Grande and Main.”

I didn’t notice the man and woman hidden in the shadows of the alley as I passed. Nor did I notice the lizard-like creature crawling on the wall of the buildings high above me. I thought I heard a growling sound and turned to look behind me. My green eyes peered into the darkness but caught no movement.

“That’s weird…” I mumbled into the phone.

What?” Shaye asks quickly.

“I thought I heard… nothing. So what’s with you and Jake lately, hm?” I ask continuing my walk.

Oh, well. You know. We’ve just been hanging out… He’s just not…

I knew the pause well. He just wasn’t me. I sighed. Shaye and I had been friends for years. She was eleven when I’d first met her. I was twelve. It was sisters at first sight. We’d been inseparable until seven months ago. Shaye and I had drunk a little too much one night and realised how deep our feelings were for each other during a long drunken conversation. In the heat of the moment our feelings tripled and things got… out of hand.

We’d developed into a relationship beyond friends and it had been an amazing one. At least until Shaye had gotten a call from her father that he had been in an accident and needed her to move in with him. So six months ago she moved to a different city, four hours away, and I found a well paid job at the bar. Now we talked every day and every night. Both of us hoped to find someone else and move on but neither of us seemed to be able to find any person who could fill the gap in our hearts yet.

…I really miss you, Mandy,” I heard the tears in her voice and my heart gave a dull ache.

“I know sweetie. I miss you too.”

Maybe you could come visit next week?” she asked hopefully.

I felt the tears come to my eyes at the desperateness in her voice. I wanted to. Oh, how I wanted to. But I knew I couldn’t. I looked up and saw my apartment across Main St. and I smiled sadly. It was dark and unwelcoming in the shadows and the light of the moon. I remembered nights coming home to find Shaye waiting for me on the steps under the porch light.

“I’m sorry honey, I can’t. I’m home now so I’ll call you tomorrow, okay?”

I heard her sigh and sniff. I swore my heart shattered.

Yeah, alright. Night, babe. I love you,” she called.

“I love you too. G’night love.”

I hung up the phone and headed across the street, digging in my purse for my keys. I stopped in the middle of the street when I realised I couldn’t find them. I groaned. I remembered taking my keys out of my purse, setting them down on the bar counter to finish a last minute task, and forgetting to grab them on my way out.

“Shit!” I cursed wondering how I’d get into my apartment now.

I was going to turn around to head back to the bar in hopes that the manager would still be there when I saw a creature that made my heart skip a large beat. I stopped in my tracks and I felt my heart begin to race. The blood in my body began to rush through my veins and I opened my mouth to scream as the creature roared at me, sharp teeth shining in the moonlight.

A hand covered my mouth just as I began to scream. My scream came out as a muffled squeal. I felt another arm wrap around me and lift me off my feet. In the shock of the moment I just let myself be carried for a few feet as the person ran. Then my brain caught up with me and I started to kick.

“Would you stop that?” My captor ordered with a heavy accent.

“Keep running!” I heard a woman’s voice yell.

I glanced up into the face of the person holding my mouth and stopped kicking. In the moonlight I could see it was a man. I stared at his disheveled appearance and rambunctious hair that looked like he'd stuck his finger in an electrical socket. He was older, thirty-eight maybe. Good looking to say the least. He held me in one arm and held my mouth with the other.

“We have to get back to the TARDIS,” the man hollered over his shoulder.

“Etohemeee,” my muffled voice said.

“Oh, sorry,” he said, removing his hand from my mouth.

“Put me down!” I yelled and frowned when it came out as a high pitched squeak.

“Sorry, can’t do that. If I do we’re food,” he said running into a dark alley.

“Doctor!” The woman behind us screamed.

The ‘Doctor’ stopped and set me down. He turned to look at me and gave me a stern look.

“You! Stay!” He ordered as he pointed a warning finger at me.

“What am I a dog?” I groaned under my breath.

He arched his left eyebrow at me and then the right side of his lips pulled back in half a smile.

I heard the woman yell something and then there was a large crash of trash cans toppling over. The Doctor took off back down the alleyway, long coat whipping behind him. I jumped when there was a large explosion and considered running like hell only to realise the alley was a dead end. There was a strange box sitting in the middle of the dark alley. I squinted to try to read the sign on the top of it but was snatched at both arms and pulled towards it before my eyes had the chance to focus.

I looked left and right and realised it was the man that kidnapped me and the woman I must have been hearing yell. She had long red hair and was dressed in jeans and a beaded top. I tried to keep pace between them in order to keep from being dragged, they were both significantly taller than me and the woman wasn’t even that tall either.

“Come on girly! Put some speed into it,” the woman hollered with a British accent.

“What the hell is going on?” I yelled back.

“No time. Come on!” The man called the Doctor said as he rammed the box’s door open.

I had no idea what good hiding in a tall box would do. The thing would be a tight fit for two people let alone three. Bright light shone from inside the box as he ran through the door. The red headed woman followed but I stopped in my tracks.

I blinked as my eyes adjusted to the offending light and when they did I gasped. Inside the box was large, really large. The coralline pillars that ran like roots throughout the entire room and the pulsing lights made it seem almost as though the box were alive. The redheaded woman peeked her head out and stared past me. Her eyes went wide and she grabbed my arm pulling me in.

“Admire later. Run now!” She said.

Once inside she slammed and locked the door with a key attached to a long chain around her neck. She dashed to the center of the room where a weird looking machine stood. The Doctor was busy pulling levers, smacking buttons, and kicking things. He must have removed his jacket because he was dressed in a very tight navy pin-stripe suit.

The woman followed behind the Doctor in a circle around the machine. They were calling out what they were doing but I couldn’t follow their words at all. It looked absolutely ridiculous like they were doing some sort of weird ritual dance and chanting.

“And finally the hand break!” They said in unison as they both pulled a lever.

“You might want to hold on to something!” The woman hollered at me as the Doctor reached for a lever.

“Why?” I asked. I was too distracted to pay much attention as there was a loud growling and scratching at the door.

Suddenly the whole floor began shaking and I screamed as I lost my footing and hit the floor. The world was a blur from the violent shaking as I tried to turn to look at the two people behind me. They were both holding onto the machine and grinning madly. The shaking lasted about a minute before everything went still. I clutched the floor breathing hard.

“Come on,” the woman said standing above me and reaching out her hand. “Up you go!”

I held her hand tightly as I tried to find my balance but something felt strange. My heart was thudding rapidly and I was incredibly dizzy. I saw the Doctor playing with his machine. I noted how tall he was, definitely over six feet, and how thin he was. The suit with its pin stripes made him look even narrower. I blinked and stared at the woman holding me up. Her red beaded shirt was tucked into her dark denim jeans and her hair was a blown out mess, I supposed she was around thirty-five or so.

“I…” I tried to say only to end up gasping for air.

I clutched my chest and felt my eyes widen. A sharp pain pounded on both sides of my chest.

“Oi, you alright?” The woman asked wrapping her arm around me.

“Dizzy…” I gasped.

“Doctor,” she called urgently.

The Doctor came over in a couple long strides and reached for me. I felt my legs begin to give out and he caught my arms as I went down.

“Is she alright?”

“It could be shock…” he said reaching in his back pocket for something.

He laid me down on my back on the floor as I gasped for breathe. I felt like my chest was being crushed in on me, like my lungs were shrinking. I looked at the weird stick he pointed at me as he fumbled with it. He clicked a button and the tip of it flashed blue as a buzzing sound emanated from it.

“What…?” I tried to ask.

“It’s a sonic screwdriver,” he said moving it slowly across my body.

“One of his favorite toys…” the woman joked.

“It is not a toy…” he grumbled frowning.

I returned the frown and winced as the blue light traced across my chest and he flicked it off. He did something with the ‘screwdriver’ and frowned. He stared at me and I saw his eyes lose their shine.

“Who are you?” He asked gripping my wrist to steady me.

My eyes widened and I tried to pull my wrist free. The red headed woman stared at the man like he’d grown another head. The Doctor gave me a firm stare that said don’t-screw-with-me-I-am-so-not-in-the-mood.

“What are you?”

“Let..go..!” I gasped glaring at him.

He did. Is he insane? What am I? What kind of crackpot question is that?

Doctor,” the woman said agitatedly.

“Hush. Where are you from?”

“Don’t you ‘hush’ me, spaceman!” She argued and pulled him to his feet. “Just what are you playing at?”

“Donna!” He exclaimed. “She isn’t human or not completely! Her genetic makeup is all wrong.”

“What?” The woman, Donna, stared down at me as I clutched my chest and tried to slide away from them.

I looked at them in horror. I wasn’t human? Oh my god they were crazy. Crazy? I was in a large box, no little box, no large box, no little box on the outside but bigger on the inside. I really couldn’t make sense of it. My brain wasn’t working with me. I decided I was having a panic attack; I’d had them before just not for a long while. The Doctor and Donna were quietly arguing. What the hell is going on? And what the hell had that thing been that was chasing us? Who the hell are they? I decided I didn’t know nor care at this exact moment.

I was surprised to find I still had my purse draped over my shoulder and chest. I slowly reached in and found my cell phone. I hit redial hoping Shaye would answer. Whenever I was having panic attacks I knew Shaye could bring me out of them. She was one of the only people that could. The phone did nothing. My heart raced faster, my lungs contracted. I snapped it shut, reopened it, and hit redial.

We’re sorry; your call cannot be completed…

“There’s no service,” I heard the man say.

I looked at him fearfully and I saw the look on his face soften. Donna came up behind him and gave me a good once over.

“Take slow breathes,” she advised me.

I slowly closed my phone and shut my eyes tight. I hoped I could just wish them away. I was gasping for air and I felt the panic increasing. I tried to take slow steady breathes, I just needed to relax. I heard the man crouch down in front of me and felt him take the phone. I heard him flip it open and press the redial.

“Who’s Shaye?” he asked.

I opened my eyes and glared at him through my watery eyes.

“None of…” I winced as my chest constricted; not enough air.

The Doctor reached his hands out to me and placed them on either side of my head. I felt the pain in my chest diminish and I could breathe again. I felt my panic easing away as my heart slowed down. He removed his hands and looked me in the eyes. I stared into his and got lost in them.

The dark brown pools he had for eyes seemed to go on forever like an endless well. I could see the universe in those eyes that sparkled like a fireworks display. There was a heartbreaking sadness hidden within his soul that reached out to me through his eyes; speaking of untold wisdom and a longing I could understand.

“Who are you?” he asked me quietly.

“Mandy… Miranda Tate,” I heard myself say.

“Where are you from Miranda?”

“Michigan.”

“No, what planet?” He asked.

“Earth,” I say.

I see the frown on his face as he looks me over again. I don’t know why I’m telling him all this and frown in return. I look him over as he does me.

I noticed the angular lines of his face, his strong Roman nose which ended before rather small lips yet as frustrated as I was I couldn't help wondering what they would feel like against mine. I felt my heart rate speed up again. Dear God, what was wrong with me?

“How old are you?”

“Twenty-one.”

The answer surprised him. He’d have thought she was lying if he wasn’t the one controlling the truthful answers. She only looked about seventeen at most, or close to the same age Rose was when he’d met her. But he knew twenty-one was the truth.

“What species are you?”

“I’m…” I try to say human but the word won’t come out. I try again. “I’m…”

I frown because I can’t seem to form the word with my mouth.

“That’s what I thought,” he sighed and stood up, breaking eye contact.

It was hard not to notice his tall, lean frame and the way his muscles rippled beneath his bedraggled suit jacket as he crossed the room. There was something familiar about him… he reminded me of someone. Donna kneeled beside me and reached her hand out to me again.

“Donna Noble. Human companion of Martian boy over there,” she introduced herself with a nod to the man.

“Martian… He’s not…?” I can’t bring myself to say it.

“Nope. He’s an alien. Not bad, eh? Bit skinny for my tastes but handsome all the same,” she said quietly with a wink.

I like Donna despite the weird situation. I look around me.

“What is this?”

“She’s called the TARDIS, Time and Relative Dimensions in Space,” the Doctor said clicking away at buttons in front of a monitor on the central machine.

TARDIS…alien… My head whirled with a bunch of new thoughts and ideas. “Does that mean that that thing back there was an… an alien too?”

“Yup. You’ll get used to it. Don’t worry,” Donna said with a large grin standing over me.

I tried to stand as Donna pulled me up by the arm but I couldn’t make my leg muscles work and landed back on my ass. Oh, very graceful. Donna frowned and turned around to look at the Doctor who was watching us closely. He left the machine and came over to us.

“Come on. We’ll get you in bed,” he said bending over and scooping me up into his arms and lifting me with no trouble. “Time travel isn’t easy on everyone.”

“It’s fine. I only need a second!” I said trying to get down.

“Nonsense. If the Doctor thinks you need to rest you do. He would know,” Donna said.

“But…” I started.

“We’ll see about getting you home after you’ve rested. For now I’d suggest you go easy on your body. Your nervous system is in shock from the sudden atmospheric change,” the Doctor explained.

He turned quickly and I wrapped my arms around his neck tightly. Donna followed behind us as he headed down a hall I hadn’t noticed earlier. How freaking big was the inside of this damn box?

“Granted I have a respiratory bypass system but it still requires a minimal intake of oxygen to work,” he said heavily.

I quickly released my hold around his neck and nearly fell out of his arms which caused him to tumble as well. He quickly caught himself as I rewrapped my arms around his neck again loosely.

“Sorry,” I groaned embarrassed.

He just shook his head and continued on his way. I shut my eyes and felt my brain become foggy. I opened them when I felt him stop walking. I found myself being settled gently onto a bed. Unwelcome images crossed my mind and I had to look away from the man to keep from doing something stupid.

I closed my eyes and thought of something else to keep from blushing as I heard Donna sit on the bed.

“Doctor? I know Martha left some things in the wardrobe….”

“Sure, be right back.”

I heard him walk away and chanced opening my eyes. Donna was watching me as I met her gaze.

“You aren’t human?” She asked.

“Yes!” I said but then I shifted my gaze.

“You aren’t completely sure of that are you?”

“Well… I know I’ve always been a bit different…” I said admittedly. “There was always something keeping me from connecting to my family, all of them. I was an outcast. I just didn’t feel… the same.”

Donna turned to stare at the door of the bedroom.

“Something about you has set him off,” she said absently.

“What?”

Donna looked at me and took my wrist in her hand. She traced her finger along the many scars cut lengthwise along my inner arm. I stared at them and felt the unwelcome urge to make more. I turned my face away from them and glanced at Donna out the corner of my eye.

“What?” I asked again.

“You…” Donna was interrupted as the Doctor came back into the room and she quickly released my arm and turned it so the scars were hidden from his view.

“This was all I could find that was fitting for bed,” he stated not looking at the black thing as he handed the cloth to Donna.

Donna shook it out and I saw it was a night gown, a provocative one. Well, maybe not on a normal woman with size 32A breasts that was all angles and no curves. But on me? I knew what it’d look like. My body was over blessed with curves. Large breasts, tiny waist, firm round hips. It would be revealing in the wrong places, or right places, depending on the opinion.

Donna held it up to me and arched an eyebrow reminding me of when the Doctor had done it. The Doctor pretended to be interested in his screwdriver as Donna tried to stretch the material.

“I’d offer you something of mine but I only have one set of pajamas… and its nothing like this…” Donna said grinning slightly.

“Umm... I…” I didn’t seem to be able to form coherent sentences.

I so did not want to wear a skimpy little negligee in a… box… that belonged to two strangers. Especially when one was a rather hot male. Though a part of me wanted to be daring I couldn’t bring myself to act on my urges. And strangely those urges were strong. I wasn’t usually this physically attracted to anyone, ever.

“Umm, perhaps this Martha has some more clothes stashed away? Maybe I could find something to borrow?” I tried.

“Of course. But you aren’t particularly walking well… Have any other people been affected like this on the TARDIS, Doctor?”

“Hm? What? Oh, a few. Not many though,” the Doctor said distractedly. “I’m sorry, I have to do something.”

Donna arched an eyebrow at him and shook her head as he walked out.

“That man…” she grumbled.

“Are you married?” I asked.

“No,” Donna said.

“No,” I heard the Doctor call from outside the door at the same time.

“You said you were his companion so I just assumed…”

“Oh, I am a companion. But not in that way. I’m more a friend sticking around to keep his fat head from getting stuck in shafts and air vents…”

“That was a miscalculation and it only happened once!” The Doctor hollered interrupting.

“Whatever you say, spaceman!” Donna hollered back.

I heard a grunt and a series of choice words but couldn’t understand them as he got farther away. Donna just laughed. She tossed the gown at me and headed for the door. I couldn’t summon up a smile; my mind was too full of questions to focus.

“Change and sleep. We’ll talk when you come back around. Do you need help with that?” She asked absently.

I shook my head. I didn’t want some stranger, female or not, seeing me out of my clothes or in this gown. The only person I would be showing it to was Shaye, and that wasn’t happening either. I suddenly realised I hadn’t got my phone back from when the Doctor had taken it. I wished I had it but it didn’t seem to work anyways. I realised how tired I was and yawned as Donna left the room pulling the door closed. I shrugged out of my shirt and managed to get out of my skinny jeans and into the black gown.

It was just as bad as I thought. It covered my breasts but just barely. I had more cleavage than a porn star and I was thankful they were perky and round. The whole idea of them getting saggy someday repulsed me. Okay, so call me vain. The hem came to mid thigh and rode up as I scooted down into the coverlet on the bed. I laid my head back on the pillow and wondered how I’d shut off the light. As soon as the thought had crossed my mind the light went out. I noted two dim lights at opposite ends of the room, similar to a nightlight. I was thankful for that. I was secretly terrified of the dark and needed one at all times.

“Thank-you…” I said into the darkness.

I wasn’t sure who I was thanking but I knew that someone was responsible. I heard a strange noise of clicks and moans and swore I could understand them meaning ‘your welcome’. I sighed and shook my head. Great, now I’m hearing voices in my head, I thought.

I closed my eyes and instantly felt my body relax into the bed. I’d been up all day and what a day it’d been. I’d been up all day taking care of the most mundane things, all of which were necessary; grocery shopping, dishes, vacuuming, work, etc. Work is always the same. Running around nonstop serving drunk men more of their favorites, getting hit on, mixing more drinks, hit on some more, sexually harassed by some, laying down the line with others, serve more alcohol, and then clean up and go home.

Aside from tonight it would have been a normal day, busy, but normal all the same. I wasn’t sure I wasn’t completely going insane. Maybe this was an exaggeration by my brain for the lack of sleep I’d been getting. I was probably going to wake up tomorrow and be asleep in my own bed. None of this would be real. Though I hoped I didn’t forget Mr. Doctor by morning. He was too yummy to forget. I smiled drowsily and drifted into sleep

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XXXDONNAXXX

“What the bloody hell was that about?” Donna asked the Doctor entering the control room.

“…had no choice. It was either that or I had to get rid of it myself…”

“What are you on about?” She asked his back.

The Doctor waved his arm back at her and remained hunched over the TARDIS’s controls.

“We’ll be there after awhile. Donna and the girl need to rest first. Yes, yes. Alright. Jaaackk! Good. Bye.”

The Doctor turned to her and snapped Martha’s cell phone shut.

“Right then you were saying?” He asked with a bright smile.

“Why did you call Jack? You never call Jack,” she said.

“Ah, well, you know,” he said with a shrug as he wandered past her.

“Oh no, you don’t! Stop right there!” She ordered grabbing the back of his jacket.

“Donnnaaaa…” he groaned.

“Don’t you ‘Donna’ me! Speak Martian boy.”

“How many times do I have to tell you I’m not from Mars?” He asked exasperated.

“Details,” she countered.

“Alright,” he said running his hand through his hair. “Here’s the thing… that alien back there? Jack asked me to check this place out on account of a favor to see if the rumour mill was cranking out true information. Which, upon investigation, verified rumours as true, Jack has Torchwood on its way to send the thing back through the rift to its planet where it belongs. Meaning Jack is left alone in Cardiff with nothing to entertain himself with but... well, you know Jack. Therefore, Jack will be joining us tomorrow for a little trip. Besides, it’s his birthday and I decided maybe a little adventure wouldn’t be such a bad thing for our undying friend.”

Donna stared at him a minute. She was well used to his speed of conversation. She had never met anyone who could ramble on at such a pace without tying their tongue. She replayed what he said in her mind and then burst into a smile. She’d met Jack by sheer chance when they’d dropped Martha off after their unplanned trip to Messaline. Ever since that meeting it’d been hard to get rid of him, much to her pleasure and the Doctor’s frustration.

“Jack’s comin’?” She repeated.

The Doctor grinned. He knew dear Donna Noble had more than a fancy for the immortal man. Jack on the other hand liked anyone, everyone, and everything, male or female. But after knowing Jack all this time he could tell that Jack had come to equally adore Donna in their meetings. He didn’t quite mind the fact so much oddly enough.

“Jack’s coming,” he confirmed.

“You have it all figured out don't you spaceman?"

“I believe the term I’ve heard you use is ‘well, duhhh’!”

Donna smacked him on the back of the head.

"Ouch," he said, rubbing the back of his head. "What was that for?"

Donna gave him a you-know-exactly-what-that-was-for look. “You just have one teensy-weensy problem left, sir…”

He had a problem? How did he have a problem? There were no problems. Everything was going as planned. Rumours tested, checked, and taken care of. Torchwood would be taking care of little lost beastie, Jack would stop calling and pestering him to go for a ride on the TARDIS, and Donna was with him. No problems. No problem at all.

“I don’t have a problem…”

“Yes. You do.”

“What?” he asked confused.

“Daphne,” she said.

“Who?”

“Daphne!”

“Who??”

“Daphne! From Scooby-Doo, you know the ginger that… Oh, forget it. The girl! Brunette? Busty? Damsel in distress? Your little rescue mission?”

His eyes got wide. Right. That problem. That wasn’t part of the plan. But he couldn’t have just left her there as a snack now could he? Not his fault. Besides there was something about her that got to him…

“Its fine we’ll just drop her off once she’s come ‘round and we’ll go on our way,” he said matter-of-factly.

“You can’t just do that!” She said horrified.

“What? Why not?” He asked confused again. Honestly, he did not understand humans, especially female ones.

“How do you think that’ll make her feel? You just go runnin’ up and snatch her off her feet and run her to safety away from a big bad monster-”

“Byrrn,” he corrected.

“-bring her onto the TARDIS, and then accuse her of not being human! Then you carry her off to one of the bedrooms; find her the skimpiest little negligee in the entire wardrobe-”

“It’s all I could find!” He defended, horrified by the accusation.

“-and now you’re just going to ‘drop her off’ willy-nilly and go on your bloody way?” Donna put her hands on her hips and glowered at him.

When she put it all out like that it did seem sort of impolite… and he did wonder what she really was. Her genetic makeup was alien, but he had no idea what species. He was slightly confused as to how an alien had ended up on Earth living, looking, and thinking as a human, unknowingly attracting attention from aliens being torn through one of many rifts. Granted he had many theories but none of them seemed to make much sense. That was one thing he couldn’t stand. Not knowing something. He knew everything, he was a Time Lord.

"Donna…"

She grabbed the girl’s mobile from the cradle.

"What are you doing?" He asked, reaching for the phone.

Donna pushed him away.

"Come on, Donna!" he whined.

“You took this from her. Why?”

“I wanted to know who she was calling.”

“Fine, now you know. I’m giving this back to her. She looked like you’d run over her pet when you took it.”

“Ah, caught that did you?” He said with a grin.

Donna rolled her eyes at him. Some days she swore he was from another planet, before she remembered who he was and that he was from another planet.

“You aren’t taking her home.”

“’Scuse me?” He asked with an arched eyebrow.

“She’s stayin’ aboard. With Jack comin’ I’ll be well outnumbered. It’ll be nice to have another woman to help me keep you two in line,” she said.

“Me? Out of line?” He said shocked.

“Yes sir, you! Now, I’ll just drop this by her room and head for a bit of shuteye myself. I know you’re ancient and alien and all that but I’d suggest you do the same at least once this week?” Donna suggested.

Donna didn’t wait for his reply and strode from the room. He sighed. Why did he always seem to get himself into all of these sorts of messes? After nine-hundred and three years you’d think he’d have learned by now. And yeeet… here he was landed with one feisty human woman and one non-human freaked out girl he knew nothing about. Suddenly he did feel tired and headed for his room.

I’m getting too old for this, he thought.
Sign up to rate and review this story