Categories > Original > Romance > True Love

The Secret (Chapter 20)

by rogue77 0 reviews

A secret is revealed.

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-05-30 - Updated: 2006-05-30 - 3097 words

0Unrated
After that party, Harry was extremly tired. The next morning, Harry awoke from a tap at the window. It was Hedwig, and it seemed that she had a letter. Harry took the letter and petted Hedwig to thank her for the mail. Harry opened the letter and already knew who it was from. It was written with the neatest penmanship. This is what the letter said:
Dear Harry,
I am glad to see that you've been released from the hospital wing. Please come to see me first thing this morning. We need to talk. I trust you know what about.
Sincerely, Albus Dumbledore
Harry knew immediately what Dumbledore wanted. He got dressed, went down to breakfast and grabbed some toast and pumkin juice. Then, he hurried to the stone gargoyle. "Accid pops." Harry shouted. The gargoyle didn't move. Harry tried again, but again nothing happened. Then the gargoyle opened and Professor Dumbledore came out. "Morning Harry." Said Dumbledore with a kind smile. "Hi Professor. I was trying to get in, but the gargoyle didn't move." Harry explained. "My apoligies Harry. That was my fault. For security purposes, I frequently change my password. I must've forgotten to give you the password in my letter." Dumbledore said with an ease in his voice. "Oh. Well, what did you want to talk to me about?" Harry asked already knowing the answer. "Let's not discuss it here, where anyone can overhear us." Then Dumbledore turned to the gargoyle. "Chocolate frogs." Dumbledore said the password. The gargoyle moved over, and the stairs came out. Harry and Dumbledore went up the stairs in silence. When they got to Dumbledore's office, he motioned for Harry to take a seat. "Harry, we have some very important issues to discuss. Now firstly, how are you feeling?" Dumbledore asked with concern. "I actually feel pretty good. My scar hasn't been hurting me that much." He said back. "That's good. I'm glad to hear it. Now, I heard that when you were in pain, you were yelling "No!". Am I correct?" Dumbledore asked him. "I suppose so. I just remember being in terrible agony. Why do you ask?" Harry asked back. "I was hoping you could tell me what you saw that made you continue to scream and yell no." Dumbledore replied. Harry moved uneasiley in his seat. Talking about what he saw was very uncomfortable. Dumbledore sensing this was difficult for Harry, reassured him. "I know it can't be easy to talk about it Harry. Just know, I'm here to listen." Said Dumbledore. That gave Harry some strength. "I was in a battle field with Voldemort. We were fighting and he was beating me. Then out of nowhere everyone I love and care about showed up to give me some encouragement. Then Voldemort killed all of them. I was screaming No! Then suddenly, I was in a cementary. I was completely surrounded with tombstones. I saw the names of everyone Voldemort had already killed and those who he had just killed in front of me. I saw my parent's names, Hermione, Ron, Ginny, Ms. Weasley, and you." Harry finished with great difficulty. Dumbledore looked shocked and concerned. "That's terrible. I'm so sorry that you had to see all of that Harry. I am deeply sorry." Dumbledore said sadly. "That was one of the most horrible things I ever saw. Even though it was only a dream. I have learned from the past, that my dreams usually come true. I can't bare to lose anyone else." Harry said sadly. "Harry, not all of your dreams have come true. I promise you, I will do everything in my power to protect you and everyone you love. If I have to die for you, I gladly will." Dumbledore replied. Harry was so touched by what Dumbledore just said that he did something he had never done before to Dumbledore. He gave him a big hug. Dumbledore embraced it. "Thank you. What was that for?" Dumbledore asked. "You're always there for me. I'm very grateful for everything you've ever done for me. Just in case you don't know, I think of you as a grandfather." Harry said smiling. Dumbledore smiled and had a twinkle in his eyes. "I'm truely touched. I also think of you as family. You're the grandson I never had." Said Dumbledore with sparkling in his eye. "I'm glad I told you what I saw in my dream. I don't think that I can tell Hermione. I love her so much. I don't want to worry her by telling her what I saw." Harry replied. "I understand Harry. It's not easy to tell the woman you love that you saw how she may or may not die. I suggest you trust your instincs. If you don't want to keep anything from Ms. Granger, then you should tell her." Dumbledore said seriously. Harry just looked at him. How can a man like Dumbledore know so much about life. "Thanks Professor. I'm glad we had this talk. It has put some things in prospective for me. I think class should be starting soon. I better go. See you professor." Said Harry as he rushed out the door. "Bye Harry." Replied Dumbledore.
Harry headed for his first class. He was alittle early. He saw Hermione there. He didn't want to seem like he was worried about anything. "Hey Hermione." Said Harry casually. "Hi sweetie. Come here." She said as she pulled Harry in for a kiss. They had a sweet and tender kiss. It was very enjoyable for both of them. "What was that for?" Harry asked her. "There has to be a reason to want to kiss my boyfriend?" She asked back. "No, it was just unexpected. So, did you sleep well?" He asked her. "Very well. You?" She replied. "Yeah. Looks like class is starting." Harry said. He and Hermione went in for Defense Against The Dark Arts. It was a very long class. All Harry could think about was what he and Dumbledore had discussed. He thought about how he didn't want any secrets between him and Hermione. I am going to tell her about my dream, even though it's going to scare her. It's better that she knows. When the class was over, they had a free period. Harry decided to take Hermione out to the gardens. It was a brillant day. He and Hermione were holding hands. They enjoyed a wonderful lunch. "You know I love you with all my heart. I would do anything for you." Said Harry. "You're starting to scare me. What's wrong?" Hermione asked concerned. "I have to tell you something, something that's going to scare you. Are you okay with that?" Harry asked nervously. "I have to be ok with that, don't I? Just tell me." Hermione demanded. "When I was screaming in pain and yelling no, it was because I was having a terrifying dream. I was battling Voldemort and he was winning. Then out of nowhere, you, Ron, Ginny, Ms. Weasley, and Dumbledore showed up. Voldemort killed all of you in front of me. That's when I was screaming no. Then I ended up in a cementary. I was surrounded with all the graves of the people I love and care about. Voldemort killed all of you. I'm so terrified that he will kill all you guys for real. I couldn't stand it if I lost you. I love you all so much. I would die if I lost you, not to mention everyone else." Harry finished afraid of how Hermione would react. Hermione had a scared look on her face. She wasn't even blinking. "Oh my God. That's terrible. Harry, I'm so sorry you had to see all of that. I could only imagine how you must feel everytime you look at me. You must think that it could be the last time you're going to see my face. Even though it was only a dream, I know you're dreams sometimes come true. I know how much courage it must have took to tell me how I may or may not die. I didn't think it was possible, but by you being honest with me about something so difficult, I've fallen even more in love with you." Hermione said as a tear fell down her cheek. "I love you even more each and everyday." Harry replied. He and Hermione shared some passionate kisses before heading back to the castle. By the end of the day, Harry had told Ron and Ginny about what he saw. They were scared, but still supportive of Harry. Harry found that he was a bit more at ease because he told his friends' about his dream. He and Hermione became more closer and their relationship just kept getting stronger. Harry knew that with everyone he loved by his side, it would give him the strength he needed to defeat Voldemort.


At first, Draco and Ginny were so close. Now for reasons unknown to Ginny, Draco became very distant. Everyone now knew about Draco and Ginny's relationship. Of course there were people who disapproved, and hated the idea of a Slytherin and a Gryffindor going out. The kids in Slytherin were treating Draco horribly. They turned their backs on him and treated him like if he were the enemy. Ginny tried to comfort Draco as best she could. She could tell that their relationship was causing Draco a lot of problems. Ginny was so use to seeing Draco in the halls of Hogwarts, and embracing in a sweet kiss before heading to their next class. Now everytime she saw him, he looked unhappy and just nodded his head when she said hi. "Hey Draco." said Ginny casually. "Hi Gin." Draco said sadly. "We need to talk." Ginny said seriously. "I know what you're trying to say. You want to break up with me." Draco replied. "No Draco. I love you with all my heart. I'm just really worried about you." Ginny said with a concerned look on her face. "Why? I'm fine." Draco said dishonestly. "No you're not. You look miserable and even sick. You're starting to scare me." Ginny confessed. "Well, there's nothing to be scared about. I'm fine. Now if you don't mind, I have to get to class." Draco said coldly. Ginny wasn't fooled. She knew something was seriously wrong with Draco. After classes were over, Ginny went to head off Draco near the Slytherin common room. "Draco, come with me so we can talk." Ginny said. "We can talk here." Draco replied. "If you don't come with me right now, I'll force you." Said Ginny dead seriously. "Fine. Let's go." Said Draco coldly. They headed outside, near Hagrid's hut. "Please Draco. Talk to me." Ginny pleaded. "What do you want me to say? Everything's fine." Draco lied once again. "Why have you been so distant lately?" Ginny asked. "I haven't been distant." Draco replied. Then he gave her an unpassionate kiss. "See. No distance." Draco said. Ginny felt bad because she knew that Draco was lying right to her face. "Draco, I know you better than anyone else. Why are you lying to me? Please, tell me what's wrong." Ginny pleaded. "I... can't." Draco whispered. Ginny didn't hear what he had said. "What? Sorry, didn't hear you." Replied Ginny. "Nothing. Look, I'm sorry. I think we should break up." Draco said uneasiley. "Why?" Ginny asked while tears streamed down her face. "I don't love you anymore. I've met someone else." Draco said as he ran back to the castle. Ginny just sat there, continuing to cry. When she pulled herself together, she slowly went back to the castle. When she reached Gryffindor tower, she wiped away all of her tears, and tried to look as though she had not been crying. "Password." The Fat Lady demanded. "Villa." Ginny said sadly. When she entered the common room, she only found Ron there. She was afraid that he would notice that something was wrong. "Hi Ginny." Said Ron not noticing anything. "Hi." Ginny said sadly. "What's wrong?" Ron asked finally noticing Ginny's expression. "Nothing." Ginny lied. "I'm going to bed." Said Ginny tiredly. "Wait. Something's wrong. What is it?" Ron asked concerned. "Nothing." Ginny lied again. "It's Malfoy, isn't it? What the bloody hell did he do?!" Ron asked angrily. "It's ok. I'm fine." Ginny sobbed out. "Tell me what happened." Ron demanded with fury in his voice. "Well... lately Draco's been distant. Just now Draco said he didn't love me anymore and that he had met someone else. He...broke up with me." Ginny struggled to say. "I'll kill him!" Ron yelled in outrage. "No Ron! Don't!" Ginny pleaded, but Ron had already stormed out of Gryffindor tower. Ron was so pissed that he would have killed anyone who got in his path. Ron went to the dungeons to find Malfoy. When Ron turned the corner, he found Draco looking miserable. "You bloody asshole. I'll kill you!" Ron yelled. Ron punched Draco hard in the face. Draco fell to the floor. Ron kicked him repeatedly. Then Ron continued to punch Malfoy in the face. Malfoy was a mess. He had a very bloody nose, lips, and bruises all over his face. Then Ron's rage got the better of him, as he started choking Malfoy. Draco was turning red. He couldn't breathe. "Ron stop!! You're killing him!" Ginny yelled coming out of nowhere. Ron stopped because Draco stopped breathing and was unconscious. "I couldn't stop myself. If you hadn't shown up when you did, I would have killed him." Ron said not believing what he had done. "What the hell were you thinking?!" Asked Ginny shocked. "When I saw how much he had hurt you, I just lost it." Ron explained. "Oh my God! Look at Draco. He's not breathing. Draco? Draco? Can you hear me?" Ginny asked worriedly. "Ron, he looks really bad. We have to take him to the hospital wing." Ginny said scared. "Ok." Ron performed the spell for levitating. Draco's limp body floated in the air. When they were going to the hospital wing, Ron looked back at his sister and saw the horror and worry in her face. Ron was feeling really guilty about what he had done. That's the bad thing about betrayal, it can make people do some crazy things. When they finally got to the hospital wing, Madam Pomfrey was able to fix Malfoy up good. He did have to stay the night. Ginny stayed by his side. Ron left and let Ginny stay with draco. "Draco, show me those beautiful green eyes of yours." Ginny demanded. Draco opened his eyes. "Ginny...I'm so sorry. I didn't want to hurt you. I don't blame Ron for what he did to me. He had every right." Draco said weakly. "Are you ok?" Ginny asked. "I'll be fine. The question is, are you?" Draco replied. "No, I'm not. I just saw my brother going crazy. Plus, you just finished breaking my heart." Ginny said as a single tear fell down her cheek. "I know how much I hurt you. You'll never know how much I regret lying to you." Draco confessed. "What do you mean? You lied to me?" Ginny asked. "I haven't met anyone else. I still love you. I just broke up with you to protect you." Draco said strongly. "To protect me from who?" Ginny asked. "My father. He said that if I didn't break up with you, he would kill you in your sleep. My father always keeps his word, so I knew he would kill you if I didn't do what he wanted." Draco said honestly. "Your father wanted to kill me? But why?" Ginny asked confused. "My father said you were poison to me. He said you were a disease that needed to be killed. He hates your family. I'm talking pure and utter hatred. He hates you most of all. He said that you corrupted me. That you turned me into a weak, pathetic excuse for a pureblood." When Draco finished, Ginny had terror and anger in her eyes. "I can't believe your father can hate me that much. I'm so sorry Draco." Ginny said. "Why? Why would you be sorry?" Draco asked. "I'm sorry because Ron beat you up because of me. You were just trying to protect me. I'm also sorry because for the little time that passed when you broke up with me, I hated you." Ginny confessed. "Don't be sorry. I should have told you the truth. Can you ever forgive me?" Draco asked. "Of course. I forgive you. Please from now on, let's be completely honest with each other." Ginny replied. "Ok. There's something else you should know then." Draco said uneasily. "What is it?" Asked Ginny. "My father...he beats me. He beats the living daylight out of me. Not just me, my mother also. Sometimes he'll beat me for no reason at all. Most of time, he would beat me because of you." Draco said uneasily. "Oh my God. I'm so sorry Draco. I should have known. How could I not have known? All the signs were there. You didn't like to be touched. I'm so sorry Draco." Ginny said as tears fulled her eyes. She went to give Draco a hug, but he stopped her. "Look." Said Draco as he lifted up his shirt to reveal a nasty black and blue. "Your father did that? Does it still hurt?" Asked Ginny. "Yeah. Well, now you know my secret. Does this change anything?" Draco asked. "Of course it does. I still love you, but knowing you were getting hurt because of me is to hard to think about." Ginny said as tears started to fall down her face. "It was worth getting beaten up to be able to kiss those sweet lips of yours. If I could do it all over again, I would do the same thing as before only I would have been honest with you. I love you so much. I've never cared so much about someone before. I had a wall around my heart to protect me, but you tore it down. I will always be grateful for that." Draco said with a smile on his once bruised face. "I'm not going to let you're father win. I won't let him tear us apart." Said Ginny bravely. "Then I won't either." Said Draco smiling. Then they shared a real, passionate kiss that was filled with so much love. Ginny stayed with Draco for the rest of the night.
Sign up to rate and review this story