Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Shading My Love

Hunting

by KJLucidLove666 0 reviews

Maude meets Frankie, and finds something out about Mel.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero - Published: 2011-06-24 - Updated: 2011-06-25 - 1649 words

0Unrated
Let me explain. My family are vampires. At least my father was, my mother was a regular human, turned into one.
They had raised me as normal as possible, trying to blend in with humanity. To their credit, they had succeeded, but apparently just being able to adjust to regular human life wasn't enough.
They had decided to tell my on my sixteenth birthday that I was to spend a year with my Aunt and Uncle, hoping that they would teach me the ways of a vampire: the different clans, the politics of our world, the history of our family, etc. My parents would have done it themselves, but they believed I would need a firmer hand in my teachings. Thus, that is how I came to be in this room, with my cousin.

And right now, Melissa was bugging me to join her.

"I really don't feel like it now Mel", I groaned, while she continued to jump up and down. She pouted at me, "Oh come on, you haven't been here in years, do you even remember what a black bear tastes like?".

I stayed silent, pretending to alphabetize my books, making sure my eyes had no contact with hers. I heard footsteps and she was kneeling next to me.

"Pwease? Pwease?", she held her hands up together in prayer. Giving up, I sighed and nodded, "Fine we can go for a bite".

She grinned widely, "Yay, come on, I know the perfect place!". She grabbed my hand and I let her lead me out of the room. I was still in my sneakers and skinny jeans from the trip, so I was ready for a run, but I was looking skeptically at Melissa's skirt and bare feet.

"Um, Mel, don't you need to change into something?", she looked down at herself and facepalmed.

"Duh, here just wait out on the street kay?", I nodded and she rushed off to her room while I took the steps down to the brightly lite living room. I walked to the door when I heard my Aunt Rose's voice ring from the kitchen.

"And where are you going, you're starting school tomorrow", her head peeked out from around the corner. My aunt had blonde hair like Mel's, but her eyes were a crystalline blue, like saphires. And they stared right through me, stopping me in my tracks.

"Mel was taking me out hunting", I explained. I saw her look reproachfully at he door behind me, and I was sure that she was going to say that I couldn't. But to my surprise, she pursed her lips, but nodded, "Alright, but be careful alright?". I nodded and went out the door to wait on the sidewalk. Standing out there, I looked around.

I had been around the world, and New Jersey looked very normal in comparison. But it was still pleasant, the street we were on broke off into a wooded area which belonged to my Uncle, which was perfect hunting grounds. I sniffed the air testing it, and found that a few deer were straying near the houses to my right.

Smell was a vampire sense that I enjoyed having, it was almost like tasting something's mind. And right now, the bland minds of the deer were being covered by a odor that reminded me of the human food, Skittles. A male human was walking up to me from the house next to ours. My head spun around to look at him.

He was short, though he had enough muscle that made him look far from weak. He had a black mohawk with blonde sides that had scarlett streaks across them. He was wearing a Black Flag t-shirt and a pair of paints with chains hanging from a belt loop. What caught me off guard was that he was smiling cheerfully at me.

"Hey are you Melissa's cousin?", he asked with curiousity. I nodded slowly.

"Do you know if she's home?", he jerked his thumb to the house. I nodded again. He quirked his head while his eyes looked me over.

I know I wasn't exactly a beauty, in gray skinny jeans, a pair of converses, and a plain black shirt. My hair wasn't even that straight thanks to the wet air of New Jersey.

He opened his mouth again, but thankfully, Melissa came out the door in time to save me.

"Frankie, what the hell are you doing here, and why are you harassing Maude?", she came up to him and playfully smacked his shoulder. He flinched with a hurt look.

"I wasn't doing anything! And I was just wondering if you wanted to go somewhere for dinner?", he explained, sticking his tongue out at her. I was taken aback at them. They were flirting? But he was a human and she was a vampire! I could tell her scent from his by the sharp metallic smell she had mixed in with her natural scent.

Melissa saw my surprise and took a step back from him, "Sorry Frankie, but Maude and me have to go somewhere, maybe tomorrow?", she asked. He looked between us, and shrugged.

"Alright, I'll see you on the bus tomorrow", we said our goodbyes and we waited until he was back in his house before heading to the forest.

"What the hell are you doing with a human?", I hissed at her as we stopped at the outskirts of the woods. She pulled down the legs of her black skinny jeans, which had pulled up from us hiking up a few hills and shrugged.

"I like him, he likes me, so why not try it?", she said carelessly. I growled, "Didn't your parents teach you about staying away from humans, socializing just enough to draw away suspicion?"

She rolled her eyes, "Oh please, you really need to get out more, you're speaking like an old woman."

I glared at her, "At least I'm smart enough not to get into a relationship that's going to end in flames."
She looked like I had struck a nerve, but then she just sighed, "Listen, let's just forget about it, and have fun hunting alright?". I nodded with a grunt, "Fine". I started walking into through the trees when her arm caught mine.

"You promise you won't tell my parents?", she pulled me around to face her, her eyes pleading with me.

I gave in again, "I promise", she smiled and hugged me.

"Thanks", she let go and straightened up, sniffing the air. I did the same, and got a whiff of black bear. The woodsy, warm smell made my tongue water.

"I bet I can get to it first", she smirked at me and took off into the trees. I chuckled and ran after her.

Despite having a head start, I still caught up to her. I had long legs, making my strides twice as long as her. We both got to the beast at the same time, but she launched her self at it first, jumping on it's back and biting it on the back of the neck.

Sometime during our run, our faces had changed. Our ears had grown into points, strengthening the small muscles there to make them able to swivel around in search of sound. Our teeth had grown sharp and our canines had grown to points. Our pupils had dilated making any movement easy to see, and making our eye color pop out. Her green eyes looked like emerald's right now as she continued to try and bite the spine of the bear.

I waited until it blundered around and faced me and I leaped at it. My jaws connected with it's neck, and I bit down hard. After a few seconds, the blood that had started to seep into my mouth turned into a river as the bear swung it's head around, making my teeth tear into it more.

I drank it in deep gulps, letting the sweet taste of it take my mind off of everything. Melissa had jumped off it's back and was waiting for me to get done, before it was her turn with it's neck. I let go of it, making my aching jaws scream in relief. The bear fur was hard to bite through, and it felt like I was biting a piece of cloth.

It tried standing up, but it fell down with a grunt.

Mel grabbed it's head, where it's eyes were still looking around, lifted it, and darted her head in to bite into the other side of it's flesh. I walked away, leaving her to her fill, and let my body relax. My hands had twisted into claws, the nails black and sharp, but they started to fade back into clear human ones.

I raised my hand up to my hair and started to pull at the knots that had formed. My hands brushed my ears and I felt them returning to their rounded forms as well.

A loud thud made me turn around to see Mel wiping her mouth with her hand.

"Done?", I asked, my eyebrow raised. She nodded, "I need to practice my hunting skills, I can't believe you got to it's neck first".

I rolled my eyes,"I only got to it because you were crawling on it's back like a friggin' monkey, it's all about patience". She stuck her tongue out at me, and I retorted by flipping her the bird. Then we burst out giggling as we made our way back to the house.

Just to let people know, I kinda already wrote a story like this, but I deleted if from here, and completely rewriting it, only it was under another username. So yeah, I'm not copying it from someone, because the other person was me. Unless I'm copying myself, which would be traumatic for my parents. One of me is enough I believe.
xoxo
LL
Sign up to rate and review this story