Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Bedtime Stories

Nightmares

by Wicked_Lovely 2 reviews

Brendon has a nightmare.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2011-06-27 - Updated: 2011-06-27 - 1506 words - Complete

0Unrated
Brendon woke up screaming in a cold sweat. He sat up, one hand clutching his chest while the other held the sheets tightly. Every piece of fabric on his bed was slightly damp, his hair sticking to his forehead as he panted. He closed his eyes, trying to forget about what was causing all of it. The worry he had been feeling was eating away at him. It was driving him mad. And he couldn't think of anything to fix it.
Nightmares.
That was all he had been having for the past few weeks. There were no dreamless nights. Or even average dreams when he slept. All that he seemed capable of having were nightmares.
And each one involved HIM.
No one knew where he was. Not a single soul. It was almost as if he had disappeared. He hadn't been seen at his apartment, at his band practice. He hadn't answered his phone, his email, his mail was overflowing the last time Brendon had gone to check on him.
Brendon's head fell into his hands, giving a small sigh. He wanted him to come back. He wanted to get back together. To have a happy relationship once more. Like Spencer and Jon. Brendon allowed his legs to dangle off of the bed, one of them touching the cold wooden floor. Tears were now streaming down his face, the worry picking up again.
What if they didn't find him? What if he really was out of all of their lives forever? Brendon quickly wiped some of the tears away, allowing his other foot to touch the cold floor. He pulled himself off of the bed, walking towards the kitchen.
He was still sweating, even if he was clad in a simple pair of boxers. It wasn't like it mattered, he was the only person in his apartment. But that might have been a bad thing. He walked into the kitchen, pulling out a bottle of water from the fridge. He sat down at the table, staring blankly at the seat across from him. The chair let out a squeak when his head dropped onto the hard surface of the table.
"Oww." Maybe he should call Spencer. Brendon sighed, pulling his head up as he drug his body over to the counter. He picked up the small black phone, dialing the only number he had memorized. Other than His.
"Hello?" Came a groggy voice over the phone. Brendon gave a small sigh.
"Hi Spencer."
"Brendon? What the fuck? Why are you calling at three in the fucking morning?" Spencer said angrily, though he didn't at all sound awake.
"I know it's early, but I couldn't sleep. Do you think you could come over?" Brendon asked as he rubbed his face a little. Spencer sighed, and Brendon thought for a moment that he was going to say no.
"Yeah. Alright. I'll be there in a bit. I'm bringing Jon too." Brendon just grunted in response, ending the conversation. He tossed the phone to the floor, hearing it break a little. But Brendon didn't care. He walked into the living room, curling into a ball on the couch. He wanted Him back. Brendon wondered if he would ever ever see Him again. He could only hope that he would. Brendon closed his eyes, trying to remember His smiling face.
There was a knock on the door, and Brendon got up. He didn't know how long it had taken Spencer and Jon to get there, but he guessed that it was long enough. He opened the door, staring at the pair that hid behind it.
"You look like shit Brendon." Jon said with a concerned look on his face. Oh look, they were booth fully dressed.
"Thanks. That's exactly what I wanted to hear." Brendon mumbled, turning around and walking into the apartment.
"Brendon...What happened?" Spencer asked looking at Brendon with even more concern that Jon had probably felt in his life. Brendon groaned, his hands moving to his hair where they pulled at the dark brown locks.
"I don't fucking know! All I know is that He's gone Spence." Brendon said as he started to break down. He sat on the floor, not having the strength to walk to the couch or stand as he broke into tears. Spencer and Jon quickly knelled beside him, Spencer pulling into a hug as Jon spoke.
"Brendon, we're all worried about Ryan, but you have to remember that he's a strong kid." Brendon just looked at Jon who gave a sigh. "Spencer?"
"He'll come back Brendon. I think it's safe to say that he still loves you." Brendon nodded.
"Right. He's fine. I don't have to worry." Brendon said slowly.
"Why can't you sleep anyway?" Spencer asked as he picked himself up and off of the floor and onto the couch. Jon did the same thing, sitting on Spencer's lap.
"I had a nightmare." Brendon said rubbing his face. He stayed on the floor, not in the mood to get up.
"A nightmare? Could you elaborate on that a little?" Spencer asked.
"I had a dream that he died okay? I've been having them every night for the past week."
"Brendon, he's FINE. I don't know how much clearer we could be." Jon said with a sigh.
"I know. But I can't help it." Brendon sighed.
"It'll be fine." Spencer said. The other two agreed. They really did think it was all going to be fine.
That was, until the hospital called.


~~~~~

Only one more chapter and this story is going to be finished. But that's not why I'm typing this small message. I've been having a little bit of pain in my wrist and hand, and I think it's because I've been writing too much on the computer each day. So I'm going to cut down a little which means less updates. Inconvenient, no?
Don't worry, I'm just as disappointed about it as everyone else.

patdfan:I know it's sad. But it probably is good that I can write something that makes people cry. Or feel anything other than indifference.
So that's a win.

PartyPoison:I don't know if it's that many, but I lost track a while ago, so let's just go with it. Ahhh! I'm becoming predictable! I'm doomed to a life of no longer being able to be spontaneous. But yeah, I had that planned from the beginning.
I think there's just something about death that most people can't comprehend, and that's why it gets to them when they read or watch something where a character dies. It's also one of the reasons why I like adding it to my stories. It can give the reader a certain seance of dread, because the majority of humans are terrified of death. They can't grasp the fact that you can be wide awake and breathing one moment and then gone the next. That it can all end that easily.
At least, when people think of death with a person that has a name and a face. I'm now going to use Star Wars as a reference. And I might do a slight spoiler to someone who hasn't seen the movie. Which is kind of unreasonable considering the fact that EVERYONE has seen it at leas once. Okay, moving on. Storm Troopers are considered an elite army, but you probably already knew that. Their trained to be killing machines, and yet when their presented with protagonists, they miss every shot they take. Why would they do that? Because they don't want to kill a human with a face and a name. It also factors in why it's so easy for the resistance to kill them off like flies. It's because they wear full body armor, making it to where they can't be identified. Their all just one faceless mass.
Dose that make sense? I don't think it did. But what I'm trying to say is that it will affect people differently. Some would be able to easily kill off someone who didn't have a face, where as there could be someone like me who wouldn't be able to kill them off to begin with. And then there are the crazy fuckers who will kill anyone and everyone. Because it's all about the guilt you would feel when you do it.
Which is what I do in my stories. And that's why it's so heart wrenching. You know what the person looks like, I typically add a nice description of how their feeling at the time, and you feel sorry for them. And then they either off themselves or die in a different way, and you feel like you know the person which makes it harder to read and deal with.
How crazy do I sound now?
It's psychology at it's best. (I really do love science.) And it's something that you can expect to see a lot of in my sci-fi story.
Okay, enough with me ranting about something that makes no noticeable sense.
I'll update soon.
Promise.

-xoxo Pansy.
Sign up to rate and review this story