Categories > Games > Mega Man > Phoenix Evolution

The N1 Grand Prix

by darkskysong 0 reviews

It's the start of another N1 Grand Prix Tournament in DenTech City.

Category: Mega Man - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Other - Published: 2006-05-31 - Updated: 2006-06-01 - 1878 words

0Unrated
This story is based on the MegaMan NT Warrior animation series. It is set when Lan, Maylu, Dex, Yai and Tori are all eighteen and they still do exactly the same things that they did when they were younger. Chaud and my new character, Kaie are the same age. I hope you like.

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters or names affiliated with MegaMan NT Warrior. But I do own TamaMedia, Kaie Tama, Phoenix, PhoenixMan, Delano, DarkMan and any other characters not featured in MegaMan NT Warrior: seasons 1 and 2.
It's my first fan fiction so be kind & Review!





Chapter One- The N1 Grand Prix

"Welcome to the second N1 Grand Prix. Hello again, I'm your host Revita. Bringing you the NetBattle tournament, live from DenTech Stadium, where we have been holding it since the floating arena was destroyed by an intense final between Lan Hikari and Chaud Blaze."

Kaie turned away from the monitor screen and her piercing blue eyes stared out the corridor window. It was a cloudless summer's day.

She wore a gold sleeveless Chinese top with her Navi's symbol on the back, navy blue pants, a matching knee-length open coat and black sneakers. Kaie's long black hair was twisted up on top of her head and tied with a ribbon the same colour as her eyes.

Kaie moved into the training room of DenTech Stadium and jacked her PET into an arena. Her match was last and Kaie had no desire to watch the first round of the Grand Prix.

An analysis of the matches would be ready to watch when she returned to her suite. Worthy competitors would then be identified and prepared for.

Her NetNavi was called Phoenix and she was just as competitive as her NetOp. Phoenix had red forearm wing feathers and long black hair. She had a full length, gold suit with the red belt and bare feet. The headgear on Phoenix wrapped around the back of her head. Her symbol was shown on the piece that covered her ears and on her chest.

Kaie downloaded various battle chips to her Navi, making sure they worked perfectly. She recharged them before leaving the room.


--------------------


"Wow! What fantastic battles we are getting in the first around. Lan and Chaud have again been the outstanding so far. There are only two battles left to go and both are in the main arena." Revita commented.

Higsby added his bit. "Yes. The second last battle will be Maylu and Roll against Dex and GutsMan. These two are good friends and spent many years NetBattling together, so the match should be interesting."

Maylu and Dex stepped up to the podium and jacked in.

"Jack-in, Roll. Power-up."

"Jack-in, GutsMan. Power-up."

The battle ended fifteen minutes later with GutsMan logging out. Roll had used speed and well placed attacks to bring him down.

Dex was disappointed for he was sure that he would win with GutsMan's new upgrade. But Maylu was the better battler that time.


--------------------


Revita jumped in again. "And what about the last match for round one?"

"Well I can't tell you much. Delano and DarkMan are said to be rising stars in the NetBattle arena so we'll have to see how well he does. We have virtually no information on his opponent, Kaie. All we know is that Kaie is a highly rated NetBattler and her NetNavi is Phoenix."

"This will be intense."

Delano jacked in DarkMan and waited, anticipating a really tough match. There was no sign of his opponent.

Revita read the statement handed to her. "If Kaie doesn't show within five minutes, she is disqualified from the tournament."

The clock had just ticked down two minutes when Kaie made her appearance.

Lan, Maylu, Yai, Dex and Tori were in the stands.

"Come on already" Lan shouted.

He was taken back a little as Kaie stared directly at him from the podium with an enigmatic expression on her face.

She wowed half the crowd with her graceful moves.

"Jack-in, Phoenix. Power-up."

The match siren sounded.

DarkMan came straight at Phoenix for a direct hit. Phoenix sidestepped and elbowed DarkMan at the base of his neck as he overbalanced. Delano downloaded Area Steel and Variable Sword to DarkMan.

Delano and DarkMan thought they had them as DarkMan appeared directly behind Phoenix. Kaie downloaded a Long Sword to Phoenix. Phoenix was so fast to close in on DarkMan that DarkMan didn't know what was happening until it was too late. DarkMan tried to recover but Delano logged him out.

The match was over.

Higsby loved the display. "That battle lasted a minute. NetBattlers will need to be wary of Phoenix's speed, not to mention Kaie's reveal nothing strategy."

Kaie held her head high but kept her face neutral as she left the arena. "Well battled, Phoenix."


--------------------


It was the mandatory day of rest that was set for the NetBattlers in the N1 Grand Prix. The guys were hanging out in Yai's tree house, discussing the matches of round one.

"Did you see Kaie's NetNavi," Maylu said, "she had bird wings on her arms."

Dex looked over. "Yeah, I thought it kind of weird."

Lan interrupted, "Never mind that. Just look at their speed." Glide had brought up a video of the last battle.

"Kaie and Phoenix's match wasn't long enough to see their battle style" MegaMan commented.

"Hey MegaMan. Do you reckon Chaud rates Kaie as a worthy battler?"

"She's not one to take lightly, that's for sure."

"Glide, can you bring up more information on Kaie and Phoenix?"

"I'll see what I can do, Miss Yai."

It took several minutes for Glide to finish searching.

"I had to look around a bit, but I did manage to find this information: Phoenix is a warrior fire type Navi, Kaie won two tournaments last year and has won 99% of her NetBattles."

The guys exclaimed over the battle statistics.

Maylu turned to Tori. "If you were still in the tournament, do you think IceMan could beat Phoenix?"

"I don't know. Ice beats fire sometimes. IceMan and I have a long way to go before we ever get as good as Kaie though."

"Glide, are you sure 99% is right?" Lan asked.

"Positive."

Yai frowned. "And there is no more information on them?"

"No. Just those official fragments."

"Roll; have the partner battles been decided yet?" Maylu turned to the screen.

"They have."

"So?" they chorused.

"MegaMan and Phoenix against NumberMan and KingMan."

"Roll and ProtoMan against WhaleMan and HeatMan" MegaMan finished.

"I always wanted to know what it was like to battle with Chaud."

"Oh no" Lan cried, "I'm partnered with Kaie second round."

"Look on the bright side Lan. At least we're not against them." MegaMan said brightly.

"Yeah. We might win this after all," Lan said optimistically.


--------------------


"Phoenix, battle statistics on Lan Hikari and MegaMan."

"Runners-up and winner of three N1 Grand Prix. Strongest move: the Program Advance. Special ability: Mega buster. Common chips: Swords, Mini Boomers, and Area Steel. Enabled to use style modes and they have never refused a challenge."

Kaie watched the analysis of Lan's match against ElecMan. He had an interesting strategy that used a smokescreen and Area Steel to escape attacks and get close to their opponent.

She requested information and video on ProtoMan and Roll as well. From this Kaie predicted they would win their team match easily.

She also set out the strategy for her partnership with Lan. Kaie let a small smile show.

"Phoenix, I have a feeling that this is going to be good."


--------------------


"It will be a great battle to start off the second round by the looks of the partnership of Lan and Kaie" Revita stated.

Kaie, Lan, Higsby and Tora stood at the podium.

Kaie turned to Lan. "Who will you face?"

Lan put on his battle face. "Tora."

"Very well." Kaie said placidly.

Higsby and Tora jacked in separately but Kaie made sure she was synchronised with Lan. Lan just ignored the fact but Chaud was watching from the stands and wondered about her purposeful actions.

The siren sounded.

MegaMan and KingMan went for each other, giving no room for mistakes.

As Phoenix hadn't moved, Higsby let NumberMan calculate their moves. It was wise to take out MegaMan, and fast.

Revita was slightly puzzled. "Kaie hasn't let Phoenix engage in the battle yet."

NumberMan closed in on MegaMan from behind. Phoenix shot in and knocked him from his attack.

"What!" Lan was a little stunned at the speed and he assumed Kaie never helped other people.

Kaie just stood there with that enigmatic expression again.

Phoenix stood on the sidelines waiting, while NumberMan reassessed the battle. KingMan and MegaMan fought on, slightly aware of their partner's moves. Again Phoenix blocked the battle chip NumberMan had aimed at MegaMan.

Kaie swept in a Fire Tower battle chip. "Enough fooling around."

"Fire Tower!" Phoenix aimed the Fire Tower at MegaMan.

MegaMan barely dodged the edge of the tower. KingMan and NumberMan received a lot of damaged from the large Fire Tower.

"What did you do that for?" cried Lan.

"This."

Phoenix's wings glowed red with energy. "Phoenix Blade!" Phoenix ran between KingMan and NumberMan with her arms outstretched, slashing both Navis.

Higsby and Tora logged out their NetNavis.

The end siren sounded.

Kaie jacked out Phoenix and left the stadium without another word.

Lan was just as bewildered about Kaie as Tora and Higsby were about their sudden defeat.


--------------------


The gang was back in the tree house after Maylu's match. Chaud and Maylu won their battle hands down; WhaleMan and HeatMan spent more time arguing than fighting.

Lan banged his fist on the table. "I just don't get it."

"Why would Phoenix attack MegaMan after blocking NumberMan's attacks?" Yai wondered.

"What did Kaie ask you before the match?" Maylu asked Lan.

"She asked me who I wanted to face."

"That explains it" MegaMan stated.

"How?"

Tori elaborated. "NumberMan was Phoenix's opponent so she wouldn't let NumberMan battle MegaMan."

"But why did Phoenix send that Fire Tower at MegaMan?"

"To get him out of the way of course" Yai said "and to attack the other team. MegaMan was just in Phoenix's straight line of sight to KingMan."

Lan was still angry. "Then she should have gone around."

"An attack like that at high speed is difficult to control."

"Or Kaie could have asked me first."

"I believe Kaie is a do-it-yourself kind of battler."

"If Kaie really wanted to get rid of MegaMan, then Phoenix would have aimed to do so," Maylu pointed out.

"Another thing. Why finish both off?"

"I heard Kaie. She stopped playing and got serious," Tori said.

"If you call defeating two Navis with one attack serious, then I hate to see Kaie angry" Dex butted in. "And it wasn't even a battle chip either, rare or otherwise."

"Phoenix Blade. Phoenix's special ability" Glide added.

"Hey! KingMan and NumberMan were already weakened," Maylu consoled.

MegaMan shifted uncomfortably. "Kaie and Phoenix are powerful no matter what else they are."

"I just hope we aren't Kaie's next opponent" said Roll.

Maylu, Lan and MegaMan nodded in agreement. They didn't want to be knocked out just yet.




AN: What do you think of my fan fiction? Why not tell me and review.
Sign up to rate and review this story