Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Babe I'll Be Your Outcast

Can I stay for just a little while

by SimplexMinded 0 reviews

He looked up with pleading eyes. "Mikey, I know you feel like you owe this girl but the Label will have a fit! You on thin strings as it is for that stunt you pulled in Philly! She can't stay"

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-07-07 - Updated: 2011-07-13 - 1223 words - Complete

0Unrated
1 month later

Frank sat at the table shoving a spoon full of cereal in his mouth when their manager Brian walked on the bus.

"Ok, so this venue is guna be a tricky one to find. Its inside another building and....Who are you?"

He stopped mid sentence and pointed at Riley. She looked at Frank

"Ummm.....Frank?"

Brian looked over at Frank with a questioning look. "Wafff? I miffint mo amyffang?"

When he spoke, cereal fell out of his mouth and Brian laughed

"Frank! Would you please chew your food before opening your mouth? Or just don't open your mouth at all? Nothing good ever comes out anyway."

Frank glared and tried to shout back but more food fell out. He sulked back in the seat and pouted. Riley started laughing. Brian was definitely the adult of the group. She stood up and walked over to Brian with her hand extended

"Im Riley Frezuno. You must be Brian"

He looked at her with his head tilted "Nice to meet you Riley. May I ask how you know the band?"

Mikey walked out from the back bunk and smiled when he saw Brian "Hey! What's up?"

He saw Brian questioning Riley and laughed "Dude, She's cool. I'll explain later k?"

Brian nodded. Any other member he would have pushed for an answer but he knew if Mikey stuck up for someone, and said to talk later, it was a hush hush matter. Brian sat down across from Riley and placed his hand on the back of his neck.

"So....Fan I take it?"

Riley nodded "Yeah, long story. Im sure you'll hear it from Mikey. Im cool though. No obsessive screaming and trying to rape Gerard"

Mikey smiled "So Ray and I are still on the rape radar?"

Riley grinned "Sleep with one eye open...or both shut if you don't want to watch!"

Brian laughed because he could tell she was joking. "I like her!"

Frank shoved his way over and sat on Riley's lap.

"How come nobody said anything about raping me?"

Riley snorted "Puh lease, who would want to rape you....I mean look at you. Your all......Ughhh"

Frank stood up and had a small temper tantrum.

"Fine! If you wana go around hurting my feelings and making fun of me, you go ahead! See if I care!"

His voice was high pitched and and fake cried. Riley shrugged.

"Thanks for the permission though I didn't need to ask for it."

Frank sat down back at the table and began to pout again. Riley turned to Brian.

"You were saying something about the venue being tricky?"

He nodded "Yeah. Its inside another building. Mikey will you go grab Gerard, Ray and Bob. They need to hear this too."

Mikey nodded and walked into the back to get the others. Soon he re-emerged with 3 other guys following right behind him. They all sat in different places on the bus and waited for Brian to continue.

"Ok, so we usually do sound check round 2. This time we need to be there at noon. They are really strict on how the bands do there set up and stuff. Im warning you now, Frank, please keep the thrashing to a minimum. These guys are known for throwing bands out if they get to rowdy on stage. The guys from Reprise will be there so this is a big show. This will depend on if you stay in the Label or not. I don't wana see yall get dropped and I don't think you do either."

All the guys were very serious and sat back, taking in what Brian just said. Riley sat back too, not sure what to say or if to say anything. Brian looked at her and frowned

"Knowing them, they told you to come to the show tomorrow. I hate to be Johnny Rain Cloud but, with this venue, I don't think thats a good idea"

Riley smiled "I figured as much. Its cool. I can just chill here or wander off and talk to other fans."

Brian smiled but looked at Mikey when she said she could chill here. He nodded and gave him that 'later' look and Brian nodded. Mikey stood up and clapped his hands together.

"Well, is that all? Its late and I think after today, we all could use some sleep."

Brian stood up and nodded "Yeah. Thats about it. Come on Mikey, I wana talk to you outside"

Brian walked off the bus and Mikey followed. Brian stepped off the bus and into the cold november night.

"So, you wana tell me who this girl is and why she thinks she can stay on the bus during a show?"

Mikey looked down at the ground, kicking a rock then back up at Brian

"Gee did it again. This chick told him it was his fault Gran died and he lost it. We couldn't find him. No phone calls, no texts nothing. Riley found him in the old studio and got him to stop before he OD'd."

He paused to look at Brian who was frowning, waiting for him to continue.

"Her mother beats her. She's 18 so there is no legal issue. Ask Frank and Ray, they saw it first hand. Thats what happened to her face although its cleared up fairly well by now. We told her she could stay with us. We would find her a job to do. Brian we can't just toss her to the streets."

He looked up with pleading eyes at Brian.

"Mikey, I know you feel like you owe this girl but the Label will have a fit! Your on thin strings as it is for that stunt you pulled in Philly! She can't stay"

"Then where is she guna go Brian? Not home! She has no job, she'll be homeless!"

Mikey threw up his arms in anger "Damn it Brain. Your right about alot of things but not this. Our whole message is to help the outcasts! Give them a place to feel loved. Make them feel wanted! She needs us! Find her a job, see what she can do. I won't just abandon her."

"Mikey, you know she probably only stayed with Gee because she knew who he was."

Mikey shook his head "No. Thats what I thought at first too. But this girl....she's different. She cares for him. Not like obsessive fan love. She just wants to make sure he is ok. I see it in her eyes when she talks to him. She looks at him like I look at him."

Mikey leaned against the bus and looked up at the sky. He heard Brian sigh and shift his weight to lean against the bus next to him.

"Alright Mikes. I trust you. I'll see what I can do to make the label keep her. Maybe she cooks"

Mikey laughed "Why? Cause she's a girl?"

"No, because last time yall cooked you almost burnt the bus down and Im tired of cleaning up take out boxes."

Mikey smiled and headed back towards the bus door.

"Hey, that was Frank, not me!"

Brian shook his head and started walking to his car "Not everything is Frank's fault....Just most of it"

He heard Mikey open the door and walk inside "Night Brian!"

"Night Mikey!"
Sign up to rate and review this story