Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Demolition Lovers Entire Story!

by Fatalfashionista 0 reviews

Ray goes to a special highschool meeting his new bandmates there. What he doesn't figure out is why threre's so much drama....

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Fantasy,Humor,Sci-fi - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-07-08 - Updated: 2011-07-08 - 9899 words - Complete

0Unrated
“Come on, Dad, this is stupid.” Ray tried to convince his father at the table. It was Saturday morning in Kearny, New Jersey. Ray's father was at the table, eating his boring old cornflakes and reading the paper. When hearing his son's comment, Jon Toro slammed the paper down and glared sternly.
“You're going to Asher's High whether you like it or not.”
“But Dad, you never even told me why! I had a good life at school.....well, an okay life, but I was doing well. I was honors in math, why do I have to change?”
“Because son, we told you. When you reach the year seventeen, you have to change schools.” Ray's dad picked back up the paper, and Ray could see he was losing the argument.
“When are you going to tell me, why, though? When mom gets home?”
“Yes, then we will tell you why.” Ray's father said still staring at the paper.
“When will she get home, though? She's at the lab all the time, I barely get to see her at all these days.” Rays said, throwing his hands in the air, as he paced next to the table.
“Son, the fact is, whether you think it's worthy or not, your mother's study of crabs has lead to astounding cures to sickness.”
“Yeah, and your botany is what pays for my guitar, I get it.” Ray rolled his eyes and stared out the window. The view was of his driveway. Ray sighed in longing. He had wanted a dark blue pickup truck. It would be just the kind of car people of Jersey would want to steal. But that would never happen. Ray would take care of that car like he would take care of his own baby, if he could get his hands on one. He had been saving money for it since he was twelve. Ray looked up from his car daydreams to see his mom hurry into the house. Her brown hair was in every direction from lack of care.
“I'm here! Now, let's talk.” She said, sighing and sitting next to her father.
“Before we do, I want to ask a question: Why can't we wait until the end of the year. I mean, can't you guys wait a few more months?”
Both his parents sighed and shook their heads.
“No, Ray, when you turn seventeen, in two days, you will transfer the day after.” Rays father said, and his mom nodded.
“Why? What is so special about me turning seventeen?” Ray asked, looking at his parents, shocked and confused.
“Because you aren't a normal boy, Ray.” His mom said, proudly. “You are a nymph.”
“A....what?” Ray said, backing away from his parents.
“A spirit of the trees. You take after your father so much.” Ray could see tears in his mother's eyes as she took his father's hand.
“I'm a what?” Ray asked again, in a quiet tone.
“Now, I am not jealous at all you have no water spirit in you, I'm just proud you are a spirit at all.” Her mom said, ignoring Ray completely.
“You're kidding me.” Ray said. He shook his head and rubbed his eyes.
“We're not joking, son. I know it's hard to believe, but you know how good you are at gardening and how you like to be outside. It's just part of you, and your blood.” Ray's father said, and smiled.
“I can't believe this. I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS! Why did you never tell me?” Ray felt the anger rising in his chest.
“Because we thought it best for you to feel normal as long as you could.” Ray's mom said, looking at him worriedly.
“Yeah, thanks, and now I just can't believe you guys.” Rays said, acidly and ran to his room, slamming the door.
*
“Welcome to Asher's High, home of the gifted.” A tall, burly man, who was the principal of the school told Ray as the walked out to the cafeteria. “This is the dining hall.” Ray glanced around it, his eyes staying a while longer on a group of kids off in the corner, talking and laughing. They looked like his sort of people. One was leaning against a tree, with cropped black hair. He wore a red shirt with a black tie over it. A girl next to him was in a jean jacket and a red and black striped shirt with black hair and red streaks. Another boy, shorter then the first was standing next to the girl, he had short black hair, with longer bangs, a black hoodie on, and a piercing on his lip. There was a girl, lying on the ground in front of them, with long, strawberry blond hair. She was wearing a dark purple tank top and leather pants, but her look was softer then the others. Ray couldn't see her face, since her head was down as she read a book lying on the ground.
“Let me introduce you to your roommate, Ray, and he can finish up the introductions.” The principal led Ray away from the dining hall and into an old, painted shed-like building. Inside was an elaborate art studio. There was only one person in it, a gangly boy, with brown hair and black and white glasses, which kept slipping to the end of his nose. He was in a “Dawn of the Dead” shirt and skinny jeans.
“Mikey Way, this is Ray Toro, a new student here at Asher's High.”
The boy looked up from the drawing he was making. “Hey dude, sup?”
“Hey.” Ray smiled and gave Mikey a little wave.
“I hope you'll finish showing him around.” The principal gave Mikey a meaningful nod.
“No prob, Principal Shnip.” Mikey said. Ray chocked back a laugh. Principal Shnip?
“Thank-you.” Shnip said, and walked out. Ray stood awkwardly by the door.
“Lemme just finish this one strip, and I'll finish the 'grand tour'.” Mikey said, looking back at his work.
“Whatcha making?” Ray asked.
“I draw comics in my spare time.” Mikey shrugged as he looked up slightly to get a black marker.
“Can I see?” Ray asked. Mikey shrugged again and nodded. Ray walked over and looked over Mikey's shoulder. He gasped in surprise. Mikey had drawn a really nice black and white scene of some kind of Mafia headquarters. He was just finishing up on a man with a trench coat and a black fedora.
“You're really good.” Ray commented. Mikey smiled a little, and put on the finishing touch. He put the marker down. Picked up the paper, examined it, then put it in a huge file cabinet.
“You keep all your work in there?” Ray asked, confused.
“My brother and I.” Mikey said, then clapped his hands and rubbed them together. “Let's get this show on the road.”
“Sure.” Ray shrugged and they both walked out of the shack. They walked back to the dining hall. “So who is your brother?” Ray asked, looking at the mass of people.
“Gerard. He's over there, with Carmen.” Mikey pointed to the same boy and girl Ray had noticed earlier.
“That's your brother?” Ray asked, shocked.
“Yep.” Mikey gave Ray a half-smile and kept walking by the dining hall.
“Who's the short dude with them?” Ray said, trying to get more information out of Mikey.
“That's Frank, but don't use the 's' word around him. He's touchy.” Mikey cuckled.
“'S' word?” Ray was thinking of lots of words that began with “s”.
“Short. Ya know, cuz he's touchy about that whole thing.” Mikey said, shrugging. They were walking toward the dorms. “Oh, and since I know you're going to ask, the girl who was reading is Sylveta. She's one of the nicest, prettiest girls here, but don't get your hopes up. One, Frank is her brother and very protective of her. Two, she has a boyfriend back at home. And three, there is no dating allowed at this school.”
“Dang, and I had the hots for her the moment I saw her.” Ray said, sarcastically.
“Most boys here do, so don't blame me.” Mikey stopped at the dorm room 267. “This is ours. I used to dorm with Gerard, but when Frank came he was moved. You're stuff's here, so make yourself at home. The key is on your desk and Ray?”
Ray turned to see Mikey heading out the door. “Yeah?”
“Nice fro.” Mikey laughed and closed the door.
“NO SLAMMING THE FRO!” Ray yelled, and he could hear more laughing fading outside the dorm. He sighed and sat down on his bed. It was hard and lumpy, but not horrible. Better then a sleeping bag. He saw his bedside table had a class schedule for him. He picked it up and examined it.
“Great, math is last hour.” He sighed and laid back on the bed. “Life here is gonna either really suck, or be really awesome.” He muttered, closing his eyes. After the stress of the day, he finally fell asleep.
*
“Hey bro, I saw you with the newbie.” Gerard said, and Mikey approached them.
“Yeah, we're roomies now.” Mikey sighed and sat next to Sylveta.
“Hey M.” She smiled at him.
“My name isn't 'M' you know.” Mikey said, teasingly.
“I know, but I call you 'M', Gerard 'G', Carmen 'C', and Frank 'F'.” She smiled, showing her dazzling white teeth.
“You know, for a sprite you can be so simple minded.” Frank joked.
“Like you sylphs know any better!” Sylveta laughed. Everyone else laughed in agreement.
“What's the newbie?” Gerard asked Mikey.
“His name is Ray, and I don't know. I didn't ask. He seemed so weirded out with the whole thing, I didn't want to stress him out.” Mikey shrugged.
“R!” Sylveta squealed and clapped her hands.
“Another one? Really, Sylveta?” Gerard tutted mockingly.
“Soon the whole school will be an alphabet.” Frank shook his head.
“As it should be.” Sylveta nodded and smiled, looking back down at her book.
“And....we lost her...again.” Carmen smiled.
“Uh oh.” Frank nodded toward the end of the dining hall. A girl with dark red hair, bright hazel eyes, and ruby red lips came walking out to the dining hall. She wore a tight-fitting, red shirt, and dark blue skinny jeans.
“Ugh, it's Rosalyn.” Carmen scoffed.
“I wish the 'Queen Of Fire' would just give the whole 'red' thing a break.” Mikey said, rolling his eyes.
“It's her signature thing. Without it, how would she ever be able to dress in the mornings?” Sylveta said behind her book. Everyone laughed.
“Guys, next period is about to start, where's Ray?” Frank asked, suddenly.
“I don't know, still in the dorm, I guess. He has his schedule and map, though.” Mikey said, but he looked worried.
“You should go check on him, bro.” Gerard said. Mikey hopped up and jogged to his dorm.
“Ray? Ray?” He knocked on the door. There was no answer. He opened the door and there was Ray, fast asleep on his bed.
“Aww, what a pretty picture.” Mikey grinned and sneaked over to the side of his bed. He pulled out a blowhorn from under it and approached the bed, he was just about to press the button when Ray smiled, his eyes still closed.
“If you press that button, let me tell you, I will make sure you get an ear-shattering revenge sometime very soon.” Mikey back up slowly and smiled. Ray looked up and smiled also.
“Well, well, well, welcome to the club.” Mikey shook his head and laughed. “Now up and at 'em, class starts in five minutes. Ray groaned.
“What do I have?” He said, running his hand through his hair.
“History, just like me.” Mikey laughed. “Come on, big guy, after school we can get some coffee or something. Ray sat up, excited.
“Coffee?”
“No duh, you can't go a day without coffee here, my friend, but we can't be late to class.” Ray got up and they headed to class.
“So, what are you?” Mikey asked, Ray gave him a questioning look.
“I'm a seventeen-year-old Caucasian boy with brown hair and brown eyes.” He said. “And you?”
“No!” Mikey laughed. “Like, what element are you?”
“Element?” Ray said, even more confused.
“I'm Air. You can be either Earth, Air, Fire or Water.” Mikey said.
“Oh, I'm Earth.” Ray said, blushing and looking down, remembering how his mom called him a “nymph”.
Mikey laughed. “Good thing too, I was worried you were going to be a Fire.”
“What's so bad about Fires?” Ray asked.
“You'll....see.” Mikey said, turning toward an old wooden door. It had a whole bunch of symbols and it looked like it was rotting on the spot.
“This is history?” Ray asked, speculatively.
“Yeah, our professor has been here longer then this door has.” Mikey rolled his eyes and pushed the door open. Inside was a classroom lined with wood and vines, or what looked like it. There was Gerard and Carmen, sitting at the back. Mikey came and sat next to Gerard, and Ray next to Mikey. Then Ray noticed the group of people a couple rows in front of them. They all had dyed red hair, and either tan, or pale skin. All of them either wore red or black leather clothing. Ray leaned over and tapped Mikey on the shoulder.
“Is this what you meant by, 'you'll see'?” He pointed at the group. Mikey nodded somberly. Ray had noticed that they didn't look too different then all the snot-nosed people who ruled his old school. Oh well, every school has to have one, Ray sighed to himself. He had hoped that he could have a new start at this school, at least, and here he was, with the outcasts, again. Not that he didn't like Mikey or anything, he was just hoping for something at bit...better. Then the door opened, and a young woman walked in. She had bouncy blond hair, bright blue eyes, and wore a white button-down shirt that showed a pink camisole under it. She wore light blue skinny jeans. The whole class suddenly went quit. Ray stared around confused. This couldn't be right, Mikey said the teacher was old.
“Good morning, class.” She smiled at them, showing her brilliant white teeth.
“Good morning Miss Carlyle.” Everyone said, in unison. Ray stared at her, amazed.
“How old did you say she was?” Ray hissed over to Mikey.
“At least the three hundreds, why?” Mikey asked, confused.
“She looks twenty!” He gasped.
“Yeah, they all do.” Mikey rolled his eyes and looked back at the front of the class. Ray leaned back in his chair and tried to take that in. The teachers must never age. Would he age? He had no idea. Suddenly, he saw Mikey trying to pass him a note. Ray took it cautiously. He opened it up. It was from Gerard.
“So, you figure out Elements don't age?
-Gerard”
Ray wrote under the note, “Why do we age, then?
-Ray”
He handed it back to Mikey. Mikey passed it over to Gerard. A couple minutes later, Mikey passed him the note back. Ray hurriedly opened it.
“Because we aren't fully grown yet. We have to be at least 21 to stop.
-Gerard”
Ray leaned back and thought about it. That's why they had moved at least twice growing up. His parents had always looked the same, but they looked older then 21, at least, Ray thought so. To other people, he guessed, they didn't.
“I would have never guessed.
-Ray”
Ray passed the note back. He went back to staring at the teacher, trying to see if he could get back into the lesson, but Gerard wasn't having it. He passed another note to Ray.
“So, you're a nymph? Cool. I'm a sylph, like Mikey. So is Carmen. Frank and Sylveta are sprites. You have a crush on her yet?
-Gerard”
Ray shook his head and smiled. He wrote back :
“What are sprites? Water? And, no, I'm not into girls that much.
-Ray” Ray passed it back and watched for Gerard's reaction. He opened up the note, smiled at Ray's first sentence, then gave a “huh, okay” look at his second. Gerard leaned down to write back. Ray looked back at the front of the classroom, waiting for Gerard's answer.
“Yes, Water is sprite, and huh, okay. You a strange boy, dog. So, meet us after school and we'll get coffee and hang at Frank's apartment, K?
-Gerard” Ray sat back and thought about it. He thought everyone had to live in the dorms, what was Gerard talking about?
“What? Frank has an apartment?
-Ray”
Ray passed it back to Gerard, just in time. Miss Carlyle came up to them then and gave them a severe look before continuing her speech. Gerard read the note, nodded slightly to Ray, but did not send an answer back. The teacher was watching them more, now. After class was done, Miss Carlyle walked up to Ray.
“We will be doing your catch-up lessons tonight at 10:30.” She gave him a smile.
“Why so late?” Ray asked.
“Well, everyone knows you will be up, what with all the coffee everyone here drinks, so we might as well.” Everyone in the class laughed and nodded.
*
Everyone waited anxiously outside the school. Where was Ray? Where was Frank? Gerard pulled out his phone and sighed in relief. It was a text from Frank. Then Gerard sighed again.
“What's up, Gee?” Carmen asked, anxiously.
“Oh, Frank's not going to be able to make it. He got caught goofing off in third period. Now he has to do detention. He says that there is a key under the eves and to make ourselves comfortable.
“Again?” Sylveta looked worried, “That's the fifth time this week!”
“I haven't seen the teachers glare at Frank especially lately.” Carmen said, confused.
“Maybe they're plotting to over take him soon!” Gerard joked. Sylveta poked him and giggled.
“Not funny! Well, okay a little funny, but I'm worried, G.” She said, looking down at the ground.
“Aww, it'll be okay, Frank's a tough kid.” Gerard put his arm around her shoulders. She looked up at him and smiled.
“I know that. You don't think I remember the time he said he would be me up, and I didn't believe him, so he pretended to wrestle me, and accidentally gave me a black eye?”
“Yeah, and after that, he has always been super protective of you.” Gerard smiled down at her.
“Even though I can fend for myself. I'm surprised he even let Aaron be my boyfriend.” She laughed.
“You wouldn't think it was because they have been best friends since kindergarten?” Carmen teased.
“I have no idea.” Sylveta laughed. “Well, anyway, when's Ray gonna get here? I really want coffee right now.” Sylveta stared around anxiously.
“Well, any second now he should come.” Gerard said, staring at his watch.
“You said that for the last hour.” Sylveta complained. “Fine, I'm going to look for him myself, if you find him, call me.” She held out her phone.
“Okay!” Gerard called back, as Sylveta walked away.
“Now it's just you, and me, and no one else around.” Carmen said, snuggling up to Gerard. He grinned and wrapped his arms around her.
“Mmm, liking this more and more.” He said quietly in her ear. She giggled and kissed him. They kissed eachother under the trees, waiting for Sylveta to come back.
*
“Thanks for taking your time to come out again, Frank.” Roslyn said, sitting down at the park bench. Frank smiled and sat next to her, putting his arms around her shoulders. He was a couple inches taller then him, but luckily when they sat it wasn't that awkward.
“I really wish it didn't have to be this way, that Fires are treated so...differently then us.” Frank said, looking down.
“I do too.” Roslyn said.
“You know I love you, right?” Franks said, looking back up at her. She smiled with her brilliant white teeth.
“I love you more. It kills me that we have to keep this secret from everyone. I mean, if it weren't that my family were so ruthless, that if they found out they would pull me out of school. If not for that, then I would rather be an outcast and be with you then be with the 'popular crowd'.”
Frank chuckled and shook his head. “I won't take that as an offence, since I'm proud of being an outcast.”
“Oh! Sorry! I didn't mean any offense!” Roslyn gasped. Frank laughed more.
“Don't worry about it, me and all my friends are proud and happy, so no reason to take offense.”
“Why don't you tell your friends about us? I mean, I don't mind, if you trust them.” Roslyn looked deep into Frank's eyes. Frank blushed and looked away.
“I trust them! It's just....I want this to be....you know...mine in a way. All of us are such great friends, that we share everything, even secrets. It would be nice to know that I have something to myself that I can have. No one else knowing about it. It does feel nice.” Frank smiled back at her and stroked her soft cheek. She blushed bright red under his touch.
“It's kind of funny how we have this forbidden love. Not only in the school, but nature usually doesn't let Fire and Water be together.” Roslyn said, trying to pull another subject out. She was wondering ever since they got together how it all worked.
“Special cases happen, that's what my father always says. I asked him, since my mom is a Fire.” Frank shrugged. “I guess it's in my blood.”
“And to think, that me, out of anyone, was snared into your wonderful trap.” She leaned in and kissed his cheek.
Frank sighed and leaned in, to kiss her also. They both stood and Roslyn pulled him behind a tree. They kissed as they heard a girl walk by, humming one of her favorite songs. They had no idea that she could hear them kissing. This girl recognized Roslyn's purse by the tree, and, loving revenge, sneaked up to see who the boy was. She leaned around the tree and gasped.
“FRANK!?!” Sylveta screamed.
The couple pulled away from eachother quickly. “Sylveta! What....what are you doing here?” Frank stuttered.
“I...I was looking for Ray, and WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME!” Sylveta's face had tears streaming down it.
“I...Sylvy....Please....” Frank said walking toward her. His heart was broken seeing her cry. She backed away from him and glared through her tears.
“STAY AWAY FROM ME! YOU'RE NOT MY BROTHER!” She yelled and ran off.
“Sylvy! No!” Frank cried, and fell on his knees.
*
“Where is that back entrance?” Ray wondered to himself. He had been up and down the school for two hours now, trying to find this, “back entrance” Gerard had told him about. He passed up the outer dorms again, sighing and running his hand through his hair. He was walking by the food court again when he say Sylveta racing past him. She dropped her phone as she passed him, and he saw her face pale with tears coming down like rain on her porcelain face. Ray held out his hand to catch her and ask her what the matter was, but she was too fast. Ray looked down at the phone and bent down to pick it up. She must have been texting, since a message was up. It said, “Call Gerard and Carmen, they're waiting for you. The number is 1-600-345-7929.”
“What's....going on?” Ray said, confused. He pulled out his phone and dialed the number. It rang a couple times and then Gerard answered it.
“Hello?” He said.
“Hey, Gerard, it's Ray, I have Sylveta's phone here with me. She just ran past me, crying and dropped her phone. I guess she left me your number on it, so I called you to see what happened.”
“What?Where is she?” Gerard asked, paniced.
“She's running to the outer dorms, I'm guessing.” Ray said cautiously, “Guys, what happened?”
“I have no idea, but we probably need to find out. Where are you?”
“Right by the dining hall.”
“Okay, stay there. We'll be there in a minute.” Gerard said, and hung up. Ray sighed and sat down. When he saw Sylveta's face, well, it broke his heart. Maybe she was just the kind of girl who everyone liked, but he wanted to be like her big brother, in a way. And he had never met her! Ray put his head in his hands. All this first-day stress was giving him a huge headache.
“Ray? Are you okay?” Gerard put his hand on Ray's shoulder.
“Yeah, so, what do we do?” He said, standing up.
“Well, we'll try to call Frank after he's out of detention and tell him, so he knows, and right now, we'll try her dorm. If not there, Aaron's house. If not there, her house.” Carmen said, pulling out her phone and texting a message to someone.
“Who are you texting?” Ray asked.
“Aaron. Her boyfriend. If anyone can get anything out of her, it'll be him.” Carmen said, closing her phone.
“So, off to Sylveta's room?” Ray questioned, looking around the school. Carmen and Gerard smiled, knowingly.
“Yep, we'll lead the way.” And they left back toward the outer dorms. As they walked, Ray thought about everything he had seen and heard today. Yep, another highschool, another long two years of drama. Wait, would there be more? No one ever told him that the school only lasted till gradation. Surely, they wouldn't make it longer then that. Ray sighed. So much he didn't know.
*
Sylveta sat on her bed. She needed to get over herself. She needed to get away from here, from this freak world she lived in. She was sixteen, but she could pass for an eighteen, even nineteen year-old. She knew how to forge birth certificates, and passports, and such. It would be so easy to leave the country and start again. She pulled out her suitcase, throwing everything from her dresser and threw it into the suitcase. She grabbed her bag and put her laptop and her cd's and finally pulled out a notebook. She left a note for everyone she would leave behind, a few tears dropping on the paper. She finally picked up the suitcase, the bag, and left the dorm, pulling out her other cell phone to make a few calls.
*
“Frank, just leave her, she's going to get over it.” Roslyn said, trying to keep Frank back, as he wept on the park bench.
“I promised myself I would never hurt her, and look what I did.” Frank said, trying to stand up again
“If you go to talk to her, she will only push against you, making the whole thing worse. Trust me, I know all about this. It's happened in my family.” Roslyn said, remembering her younger brother, and trying not to cry.
This stopped Frank for a second. “What do you mean?”
“My little brother. He was my best friend. We did everything together, and he was the only one in my family who didn't hate me for wanting to be different. He had cancer, though, and died at age fifteen. We fought a couple days before. I told him I didn't want him thinking about leaving me, going on, and he said he wanted to enjoy life as much as possible, but he knew he wasn't going to be here long. It broke my heart, and, when I saw him the last time in the hospital, he told me he didn't blame me, and that he wasn't mad, and that he was sorry too. I still feel guilty, though, every time I think about him.” Roslyn let a few tears slip.
“Oh, I'm so sorry.” Frank said, stoking her cheek, forgetting about Sylveta for a moment, just as Roslyn had planned.
“I...I'm sorry for crying. I told myself I wouldn't cry.” She said, trying to smiled through her tear-streaked face.
“Hey, let's go somewhere, maybe get you something to eat, together, okay?” Frank said, patting her on the shoulder. “I'll ditch my friends and pretend I have homework or something.”
“That would be wonderful.” Roslyn smiled. They took hands and walked out of the school, ditching Sylveta and the others completely.
*
“If anyone comes running to tell me to stay, then I'll stay.” Sylveta said, waiting in line to get her passport stamped. Aaron was right next to her, squeezing her hand.
“You ready to visit Spain?” Aaron asked, his brown eyes sparkling.
“Why are you so ready to do this with me? You didn't tell anyone, you just ran off to be with me.” Sylveta said, smiling up at him. “Not that I object.” She said, reaching up to kiss him.
“If this is really what you want to do, then I want to too.” Aaron said, kissing her.
“Thank you.” Sylveta smiled, as they got their passports stamped and walked into the gateway.
“No going back now.” Aaron said, sitting next to the window. Sylveta sat next to him and lay her head on his shoulder. Aaron took her hand and rubbed soothing circles on the back of it. She smiled at him appreciatively.
“I've always wanted to see Rome.” She said, looking out the window.
“You're wish, is my command, my lady.” Aaron said, teasingly.
“Wha...who's that?” Sylveta said, squinting her eyes out the window. A smaller figure was running at them, almost jumping over the cars and the people. “Don't tell me that's....”
“Is that your friend, Mikey?” Aaron said, squinting at the window also.
“I...I think so.” Sylveta smiled and was about to stand up when the plane lurched.
“Get your seatbelt on, ma'am.” a flight attendant said, looking at her like she was crazy.
“Oh....okay.” Sylveta said, dazed. She sat down and put her belt on. Aaron wrapped his arm around her and she leaned in, letting herself rest, and trying to re-arrange her jumbled thoughts. Why was it just Mikey?
*
“Sylveta! No!” Mikey said, calling through the people as he saw the plane leave. After all he had been through, after all that he had done, she had left. Left with that imposter. Left without saying goodbye. Mikey fell on his knees, tears welling up in the corners of his eyes. He sat there, head bowed, dejected.
“Sir, sir, please, you can't be out here.” A guard who had been chasing after him finally walked up to him. He put his hand on Mikey's shoulder.
“She's gone...” Mikey said, his voice cracking from pain.
“I'm sorry if you missed someone sir, but it's dangerous out here, please, come inside.” The guard said, looking around at the public, worried. Mikey numbly stood up and followed him inside. Once the guard got to the main office, he let Mikey walk over to a bench next to the food court and left. Mikey sat down, just staring at the floor. There was nothing he could do. He recalled how everything happened. It seemed so vivid in his mind. It all happened right after history.
*
Mikey laughed with the rest of the class about the coffee jibe his teacher just gave Ray. Of course this whole school was addicted to coffee. They all drank coffee all the time. He was distracted, though, when he saw Kylee in front of him. His girlfriend, a beautiful bright-blue haired sprite was practically his princess. She was waiting for him, out the door. Instead of grinning, though, she was looking worried, and sheepish. Mikey walked over to her and put his arm around her shoulder.
“What's the matter, babe?” He asked her. She slipped out of his hold, looking sheepish.
“Umm, sorry, but, Mikey, we need to talk.” She said, nodding her head toward the exit. He looked at her, worried, and she smiled sadly. Mikey followed Kaylee out into the court yard.
“Look, you know I love you, right Mikey?” She said, turning toward him.
“Of course.” Mikey said, searching her eyes.
“But the thing is, you don't love me.” She said, breathing out heavily. Mikey stared at her.
“No, I do love you, you're my princess.” He said, taking a hold of her hand. She pulled it out and looked away.
“But I'm not your angel.” She said, still looking away. Mikey stared at her.
“Are you saying....” Mikey struggled to let the words out.
“I'm saying you love her.” She said. Mikey staggered back, knowing exactly what she meant.
“No, no.” He shook his head. “I love you.”
This made Kaylee shake her head. “I see the way you look at her. The times you always want to hang out with her. How she seems so untouchable. You love her.”
“Sylveta's just a friend...” Mikey started, but saw Kaylee flinch.
“This can't work, Mikey. I love you, but you can never love me the way you love her.” She walked off, her head down. Mikey stood there, shocked at what just happened. He finally walked back inside, and waited in his dorm for school to end. He'd played hookie before, but this was different. He felt crushed. When the end bell rang, he wandered around with the other students, milling around. He just kept walking, not wanting to go anywhere, but not wanting to stop. The more he walked, the better he felt. When the school had finally emptied, he walked to the court yard park. He wanted to take a couple deep breaths before seeing his brother or....anyone else again. He walked up and stopped, there was Frank....and Roslyn....Mikey froze, not knowing what to do, he kept watching as Frank leaned in to kiss Roslyn. Mikey gasped, Roslyn pulled Frank up and behind a tree. Mikey stood there, wanting to leave, but frozen in shock. Then he saw Sylveta walking past, a smile on her beautiful face. She stopped by the tree, looked at the purse that way lying on the ground, smiled micheviously, and looked around the tree. Mikey heard her scream something, and tears came to her eyes. Frank came out and tried to sooth her, but she screamed at him some more. Then she ran off, hands by her face. Frank fell to his knees, calling to her. Mikey ran off following Sylveta. He didn't want to see her cry. He followed her, as she sped past Ray, dropping her phone as she went, and running to her dorm. Mikey deliberated by the hall, wondering whether he should interrupt, in case she was crying, but soon, she came out again, a suitcase in hand, and a bag around her shoulder. Mikey walked behind her, as she walked out of the school, another cellphone in hand.
*
Mikey followed Sylveta to Aaron's house. After they left, he sneaked in, seeing if there was any way he could find out what she was planning. He pulled open Aaron's bathroom door to find...Aaron, tied up with a gag around his mouth. He was sleeping, and there were cuts and bruises all over him. Mikey knelt down, carefully, and pulled out a penknife. He cut the ropes tying up Aaron and pulled off the gag.
By that time, he had woken up. “Shapshifter! Shapeshifter! Shapeshifter has my Sylveta!” He screamed. Mikey staggered back, one, by the noise that Aaron was making, and two, by this new information.
“Where have they gone?” He grabbed Aaron's shoulders and shook him.
“Airport. Spain. Save her! Save my Sylvy!” Aaron cried and passed out. Mikey laid him on his couch, before grabbing Aaron's keys to his bike and jumping out the door, he got onto the bike, revved the engine, and whispered under his breath, “Let's hope to God I'm not too late.” Then he sped off.
If only he had been a little faster. If only he had stopped her in the hall. If only he had told her how he felt. Mikey shook his head, mournfully. He stared at the airport, the people giving him strange looks. He knew any minute Gerard, Carmen and Ray would be here. He needed to buck up and look better. He didn't want to give away that he had just lost the love of his life. Not just yet.
*
“Did you see that, Aaron?” Sylveta said, excitedly. “Someone did come running after me! I was silly, no, I was so stupid. I need to go back home!”
Aaron looked out the window, broodily. “We're not going back. These were one-way tickets.”
“We can buy more, silly.” Sylveta held his hand. “We can go home, wait till we're out of school, and then go to Spain and not have to hide.” She said, trying to get him to look in her eyes.
Aaron turned suddenly, his other hand placing a sharp dagger to her throat. “We are staying in Spain, whether you like it or not, my dear.” Aaron said, but not with his own voice.
“Who...who are you?” Sylveta whispered, pulling back from the dagger, slightly.
Aaron's faced changed. He got older, his hair receded and turned black. His eyes turned a shady gray. His face rounded and he looked like a geeky thirty-five year old instead of sixteen. “Remember me, my dear?” He asked.
Sylveta looked at him, confused. “No, I don't remember you.” She said, honesty. The man shurgged.
“Oh well, Frank will. My well-trained spy has taken cared of that, very nicely, I think.”
“You're...you're spy?” Sylveta stuttered.
“Yes, she's acting as Roslyn, right now, I believe. She has such great powers of...convincing people. Frank will be off to Spain with her in no time. And then I will have the fabulous Iero children to use for my fabulous plan.”
Sylveta gave him a dubious look. “What plan?” She said.
The man chuckled. “You'll find out, my dear, you'll find out. Very soon, I think. Now, sleep, we have a long flight ahead of us.” He patted her hand.
“You think I'm just going to fall asleep on the spot like that?” Sylveta scoffed. “That's so impossi....” The drug kicked in, and she was knocked out.
“Ah, I hate it when someone spikes your coka-cola.” Dan chuckled to himself, and looked out the window, enjoying the sky.
*
“So, you enjoying your food?” Frank asked Roslyn, munching on his burger. Roslyn picked at her fries and smiled.
“Yeah, enjoying your Coke?” She said, eyeing his drink.
“Yeah.” He took another huge gulp.
“God, he eats like an animal.” Roslyn though, smiling. She was cringing inside. “Let's go some place, just me and you. Far away.” she said, touching his hand. He smiled at her.
“Okay, where do you want to go?” He said, looking out at his car. “I could probably drive you to L.A. By nightfal.
“No, I mean, further then L.A.” Roslyn pushed. “I would like to go to Spain. With you.”
“Oh. Well, yeah, but I don't have all that much money.” Frank said, awkwardly.
“I could pay for it, silly.” Roslyn said, rolling her eyes. Frank looked even more awkward.
“Yeah, but I don't want to be a mooch or anything.” Frank pressed.
“The only way you could be a mooch is by not accepting.” She said. Frank looked around.
“O...kay. But break is soon, so let's go then.” Frank said, taking another drink.
“No, now.” Roslyn pressed.
Frank spluttered, “Now?!?”
“Yes.” Roslyn counted in her head, 5, 4, 3, 2....
“But, we have to go meet the guys, say goodbye, at least, and I just can't leave Sylvy.” Frank said, struggling with his mind, which was getting sleepy.
“One.” Roslyn smirked, and Frank fell asleep, face first in his burger.
*
“Mikey!” Gerard cried, running up to his brother. “Thank God you're okay! What happened?”
“She left. I couldn't stop her.” Mikey said, flatly.
“Well, where did she go?” Carmen said, looking around at the flight schedule.
“Spain.” Mikey said, trying to hold back his tears as he put on his poker face for his brother and everyone else.
“SPAIN???” Ray shouted shocked. “When I read the note that she was leaving, I didn't think it would be Spain. Out of all places....”
“She's always dreamed of going to Spain, Ray.” Carmen gave him a sad smile.
“Great, my first day, and already there's a catastrophe.” Ray said. He looked very pissed at just everything.
“Don't blame yourself, if only we knew what set her off.” Carmen said, checking her phone.
“Has Frank called back, yet?” Gerard asked, anxiously.
“You think he would have called in the last five minutes?” Carmen rolled her eyes. She loved Gerard, but he could get so antsy.
“What do we do?” Ray said, sitting down next to Mikey.
“We go after her!” Mikey exclaimed, jumping up.
“Yeah, how are we going to get the tickets, though?” Gerard said, trying to put sense in his brother.
“I can pay for it, Gee. It's not that much compared to when we had to rush off to Italy to save you.” She said, smirking.
“Hey, how was I supposed to know that blond was an orc?” Gerard said, defencive.
“Uh, by her looks, duh!” Carmen laughed.
“She had on a lot of makeup.” Gerard grumbled.
“Okay, so we're going to ditch school to go to Spain?” Ray said, trying to make sense of this crazy decision.
“Yep, that sums it up.” Gerard said, leading Carmen over to the ticket desk.
“You guys are all crazy, you know that?” Ray said to Miky, who was looking hopefully out the window next to him.
“Well, when you came to the school, you entered a world of crazy.” Mikey laughed.
“Well, what do you think will happen when we get to the school again?” Ray asked.
“Oh, we will probably be suspended.” Mikey shrugged.
“Suspended???” Ray gasped.
“Yeah.” Mikey smiled and shook his head.
“But...my parents will kill me!!” Ray exclaimed.
“You're parents are still alive?” Mikey looked at him, shocked himself, now.
“YES!!!!” Ray yelled. “Don't you?”
“Well, my grandma's still alive, but she's in the hospital most of the time. My parents died in a car crash when I was young.” Mikey shrugged again.
“So who watches over you?” Ray implored.
“Oh, Gerard does. He's three years older then me, so, you know, he's old enough to get an apartment and what not.”
“Wow, and Frank and Sylveta?” Ray asked. “Their parents are dead also?”
“No! Frank's nineteen, also, so he watches over Sylvy. They own an apartment together, you know, both working to pay the rent. They work at this really old Diner. He's the cook, and she's a waitress.”
“Wow, you all lead very interesting lives.” Ray shook his head.
“Yeah, you could say that.” Mikey chuckled.
“We got em! The flight leaves in ten minutes.” Gerard said. Everyone rushed out of the office and into the station.
“Let's hope we get to them in time to save them.” Mikey muttered.
“What's that?” Gerard asked.
“Nothing. I just hope we get there soon.” Mikey said. Gerard nodded in agreement.
“I do too, bro, I do too.”
*
“Oh, God, Oh, God, Please, Sylvy, be alive. Please, please, please be alive....” Sylveta squirmed and her eyes fluttered open.
“Frank?” She said, looking at him blearily. Frank was chained to the wall, but his eyes were welling up with tears.
“Yes, yes. It's me, sis. I'm so sorry. I was so stupid. She tricked me. I should have told you. I'm just so sorry. This is all my fault.” He was shaking his head with misery.
“Frank, no, it's okay. I was tricked too. I'm sorry. It's okay. I forgive you.” Sylveta tried to calm her brother.
“Aww, what a touching scene.” a voice came from behind them.
“Dr. Dan.” Frank snarled. “I thought we got rid of you long ago.”
The man chuckled. “That easy? My dear boy, you should know better.”
“Frank? What's going on?” Sylveta said, getting worried.
“That's what I would like to know.” Frank glared at Dr. Dan.
“Ah, children, you seen, tomorrow is a full ecplise. You two are the closest in line for the power of Zion, and I shall transfer all your powers to me, and take over the world. It will show all the sorry 'elements' what it means to really have power.” Dr. Dan gave a loud laugh before leaving the cell.
“What is he talking about, Frank?” Sylveta said, watching Frank's face. He looked at her, sheepishly and reluctantly.
“You know the old legends of the elements? The ones about how there used to be royalty and those of that bloodline would gain the powers of the fifth element, Zion?” Frank said.
“Yeah....” Sylveta cautioned.
“Well, they are all true, and we are the next in line for the power. If we refuse it, though, by staying inside all that day, then we do not get the power and the next in line get it the next ecplise.” Frank sighed. “Our family never wanted this power, never wanted a ruling family in the elements anymore, so it was forbidden that our family is ever outside on that day.”
“So, why are we in Spain?” Sylveta asked.
“Well, we are currently locked up in our castle. That is, it would be ours, if we embraced our powers. Our bloodline was formed here.”
“So that's why I wanted to go to Spain so much?” Sylveta pressed.
“It was the most likely of the ideas we had.” Frank smiled sadly.
“So what will happen if he takes our power after we get it?” Sylveta asked, frightened again.
“We parish.” Frank stated, Sylveta nodded and they both stared at the floor, awaiting their doom.
*
“We'll be in Spain, right before the eclipse.” Gerard said, looking at his pamphlet that was located on the back of his seat.
“How convenient.” Carmen smiled.
“Glad our....uh...abilities will be stronger, just in case.” Mikey said, staring out the window. Gerard looked at Mikey, worriedly and then gave Carmen a meaningful look. She nodded and left for the bathroom.
“What's up, bro?” Gerard asked. Mikey looked at him and shrugged.
“Just worried about Frank and Sylveta.” He said, and looked back out of the window.
“No, something happened today. Something you're not telling me. Look, bro, I know when you act this way you are hiding something.”
“Fine.” Mikey sighed and relayed to Gerard everything that had happened to him that day. Gerard's eyes grew wider and wider as he took in the information.
“So, that's all?” He joked after Mikey was done.
“It's a lot, huh?” Mikey said, looking sheepish.
“You should have told me.” Gerard said.
“I know, but it's just so hard.” Mikey sighed. Gerard gave his brother a big hug.
“I'm always here for you, even when it seems that things just get too hard.”
“Thanks, bro.” Mikey smiled.
“We'll save them in time. I know it.” Gerard promised.
“I really hope so.” Mikey worried.
“I know so.” Gerard confirmed.
“Yep, except that we have to get to them before the eclipse.” Carmen said, sitting down next to Gerard again.
“Why?” Mikey said.
“They are the link to Zion.” Carmen shrugged.
Gerard and Mikey both gasped.
*
“What was it about her that made you love her?” Sylveta asked, again, and Frank didn't answer. There was no way to explain how she felt. She loved her brother, and they were both about to die. Couldn't he tell her the truth?
“I...she wanted to be different.” Frank eventually whispered. “I have no idea what drew me to her, what made me want to kiss her. Was it the sense of danger?” Frank wasn't talking to her anymore, he was talking to himself.
“They aren't going to get here in time, you know. We are going to...die.” Sylveta said, icily.
“I don't want to die.” Frank whimpered.
“I know I deserve it, for not noticing. For not being good enough. For not letting myself be with my brother instead of just being with my boyfriend all the time.” Sylveta hissed at herself.
“It wasn't your fault, Sylvy. You know we all loved you, no matter what you went though, and who could blame you?” Frank smirked. “You're only sixteen.”
“And never will get any older.” Sylveta sighed. Frank looked away. There was no more reason to talk. The sun was rising. Soon, the eclipse would come, and they would both be...well, Frank wasn't sure if they would actually “die”. The last time this happened to some people in their family, they had turned into regular mortals, would that happen to them? Frank couldn't tell.
“I don't want it to end this way. I don't want to feel pissy about myself and then die. I want to feel happy again, one last time, before it all goes away.” Sylveta sniffed. This was the reason, Frank knew, that he was here on this earth, that his parents let him watch his sister, too keep her happy, and safe. He blew one, why not try to keep the other?
“Well, you know, it's pretty cool that we are in Spain, huh?” Frank said, smiling a little.
“Yeah.” Sylveta said, cautiously.
“Remember that time, mom and dad told us about how they met?” Frank's smile got wider. “Mom was walking down a road, right next to dad's house, and he was outside, learning guitar, and not very good at it, but he saw her and knew they were meant to be, so he started trying to play a love song....”
“And broke three guitar strings.” Sylveta laughed.
“Yeah, and then mom had to comfort him because he was crying like a baby.” Frank chuckled.
“'Real Spanish men cry.'” Frank and Sylveta quoted together.
“You are amazing, Frank.” Sylveta said, happy tears in her eyes.
“Like a pro.” Frank nodded. The door opened, and in came Dr. Dan and Roslyn.
“It's time, my pretties.” Dr. Dan grinned, and Roslyn unlocked the chains and dragged the weak and tired siblings out into the open gardens. They were tied to old wooden tables and had mirrors facing them at their feet.
“Since the power goes down you before it comes back up to stick, the mirrors will trasfer it to me.” Dr. Dan laughed.
“You sicko.” Sylveta muttered. Frank gave her a hopeful smile. Sylveta wondered what he was thinking.
“It comes in five...four....three...two....” Dr. Dan counted.
*
“We have two minutes. We have no idea where they are.” Gerard said, checking his watch as he stared at the castle.
“We have to try something.” Mikey said, getting more and more anxious.
“Well, maybe walking into the castle would help.” Ray said, under his breath. Carmen gave him an appreciative look.
“Let's get in!” Mikey hollered. Gerard nodded.
“Great idea. I should have thought of that.” They ran into the castle. Carmen and Ray both rolled their eyes and followed. They ran into the main courtyard.
“Let's split up.” Mikey said, taking command. “Gerard and Carmen, left, and Ray and I right. Let's hope to God we find them soon.” Everyone nodded and they ran in opposite directions. Carmen and Gerard were just reaching the gardens when....
“One!” cried Dr. Dan. Roslyn, Gerard, and Carmen all fell to their knees and closed their eyes. Sylveta and Frank screamed as a bright white light hit them. Their bodies glowed and the glow hit the mirrors and bounced up and hit Dr. Dan. He screamed and laughed as the power surged through him. Then the moon passed, and the light returned to normal.
“Now, all of you shall die!” cried Dr. Dan, and held out his hand to Gerard and Carmen. Suddenly, a flaming sword came from behind him and cut his head off. Before it could bounce on the floor, he was in ashes. The sword clattered to the floor and Roslyn was standing there, panting.
“God, he was getting annoying.” She gasped, and fell to her knees, exausted.
“You...you just....” Gerard stuttered.
“Saved all of our lives....except Frank's and Sylveta's.” Carmen said, standing up and running to Sylveta.
“No!” Gerard cried, realizing that both Sylveta and Frank were lying on the tables, unmoving. Gerard ran and grabbed Frank's shoulders. He raised his chest up to hear if there was a heartbeat. It was faint, and slowing, but it was there. “He's....He's dying...” Gerard said, tears streaming down his face.
“I can fix that.” Roslyn said, coming up and placing her hand on Frank's chest. A red glow coming down from her arm and warming Frank's chest. Frank's eyes fluttered open.
“Frank!” Gerard cried, and gave him a huge hug.
“Gee?” Frank croaked.
“What about Sylvy?” Carmen said, her tears coming faster then Gerard's.
“I think I have a little left.” panted Roslyn. She did the same to Sylveta, and collasped on the floor. Frank jumped up, almost falling over from the recovering wooziness, and ran over to her. He felt for her pulse and tears sprang to his eyes.
“She gave up herself.” Frank stood up and ran up to his sister.
“I take back what I said about Roslyn.” Sylveta whispered, through slow lips.
“She's not recovering fast enough, Frank.” Carmen warned him.
“No! I'm not loosing my sister!” Frank said. He turned to Gerard. “How do you do the life-force transfer-thingy?” He asked Gerard, desperate.
“No, we're not losing you again.” Gerard took Frank's shoulders and started to lead him away. Frank struggled and got free, running to his sister's side.
“Stay with us, Sylvy.” Frank begged, taking her hand. She let her eyes open, just to see him again.
“I'm not the main character of this story.” Sylveta laughed.
“What? She's gone mad, Gee.” Frank said, Sylveta's usally usually wonderful bell-like laugh came out faded, as she tried to calm her brother down.
“No, no, I mean, this story we call life, your life, G, C, M, and R. You all have a lot of adventures to win. This is the last for me. I get it now. You have to let me go, Frank.” She said, laying a shaky pale hand on his face.
“I won't loose you.” Frank said, determined.
“No, I'll always be there for you, in your time of need, but I can't always be here, in flesh and bones.” She said, coughing.
“No! Sylveta!” Frank called, her eyes were fading. Her whole body was fading. She gave him one last smile.
“I love you all.” She said, as her eyes closed, and her body faded from sight. Frank's hand fell, and his tears came down in torrents. Gerard and Carmen sat down with him, tears sparkling his eyes, also. They sat there for God knows how long, crying.
*
“Ashes to ashes....” The priest said, over a small box filled with a picture of Sylveta, her favorite flowers, book, and cd.
“I don't know whether to be glad or not we don't have a body.” Mikey whispered to Gerard. Gerard gave him a knowing smiled and put his arm around Mikey's shoulders. Both of their eyes were red and puffy from crying. Carmen walked over, her eyes the same, with Ray, who still had tears escaping his lids. They all gave each other sad smiles and each held each other's hands. They were family now.
Frank came over, after the ceremony was over, and everyone rushed to give him a huge hug. When they had all pulled away, Frank's eyes were still sparkling with tears. He laughed a little and wiped them away.
“I thought I had run out.” He whispered.
“Aww.” Carmen gave him another big hug. Frank gave Ray a smile.
“I'm so glad you came. She would have wanted you......” Frank paused, struggling for words.
“I'm just glad I wasn't late, for once.” Ray said, giving Frank another hug, also.
“Let's go get some coffee and stay together.” Carmen suggested. Gerard nodded and took her hand.
“I...think I would rather just go home, and get some sleep.” Frank said, walking toward his car.
“Okay, if you need us for anything, we're here for you.” Gerard gave him a smile. Frank smiled back.
“I'll remember that.” He said, and walked away. As Mikey was walking away, he had the sudden urge to stop and say a last goodbye. He walked back to the grave and looked down at it, in confusion. There was a paper, sitting on the ground. Mikey picked it up. It was a poem.
“My love, I have tried with all my being
to grasp a form comparable to thine own,
but nothing seems worthy;

I know now why Shakespeare could not
compare his love to a summer’s day.
It would be a crime to denounce the beauty
of such a creature as thee,
to simply cast away the precision
God had placed in forging you.

Each facet of your being
whether it physical or spiritual
is an ensnarement
from which there is no release.
But I do not wish release.
I wish to stay entrapped forever.
With you for all eternity.
Our hearts, always as one. - To my beloved Mikey, love, Sylveta.”

Mikey stared at it, half it shock and half in horror. He gazed around him, looking for the one person he had wanted to see since that day in school. No one was there. He took the poem and placed it in his coat pocket, right next to his heart.
“Not gone forever.” Mikey smiled, and patted his heart.
*
Frank walked into his apartment and took off his coat. He yanked off his tie and threw in on the floor. He walked into the bathroom, and splashed his face with water a couple times before walking into his room. He was unbuttoning his shirt when he realized there was a piece of paper lying on the bed. He picked it up and gazed at it, in shock. The paper read:
“Some say the world will end in fire;
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.- Frank, I will be here. Through fire and ice. Love, Sylveta”

Frank stared at the paper, tears falling down his face. He wanted to believe it, but how could he? He placed the paper in one of his drawers and laid on the bed, falling asleep qickly.
*
“After being grounded for three months, and being suspended for two weeks, we are finally free again.” Ray sighed and leaned against the ever-so-famous tree where they always hung out in the school grounds.
“Let's get coffee to celebrate!” Frank laughed. Everyone smiled in agreement. They followed him out of the school. Mikey last. Mikey looked back and thought he saw Sylveta, giggling and reading a book on the bench. He looked again, but there was nothing there. He shuddered and quickly followed the group out of the school. A piece of paper floated down right where he hesitated.
“Don't forget about me.” It said.
Sign up to rate and review this story