Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Fox & Kit

Contact

by Maleficus-lupus 0 reviews

After being summoned then sealed within a human child, Kyuubi no Kitsune is waking up.Naruto is being plagues with dreams where he is a demon and Kyuubi is watching brief intervals of Naruto's life...

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Naruto - Warnings: [!!] [?] [V] - Published: 2006-06-01 - Updated: 2006-06-01 - 1559 words

3Original
Fox and Kit : Chapter 4
By Maleficus-lupus
"Contact"

Normal text
thoughts
Kyuubi's thoughts
'Kyuubi Speaking to Naruto'
=====================: change of view and/or scene
Note: Naruto will not yet realize that Kyuubi is speaking to him.
=============================================================================================================================================================================
*The Morning after.*


I wake up with a yawn and take a look at the gates of my cage, on the off chance that the seal had broken while I slumbered. "Sigh," it has not. Since I woke up from my long sleep, I have found no way to escape the seal. I must admit the has impressed me; the manipulation of chakra flow, the seals preventing my soul and intelligence from leaving, and the spiral allowing the leakage, necessary to prevent the human's body from exploding, to mix with the humans chakra. The human who made the seal was a genius! (a mere human making a shiki fujin? Unbelievable) I wish I could have met him, even if he was a human.


With another sigh I turn my perception to my container. When I awoke, I discovered that I could see/hear what my host does. I might be able to speak with my container, but I am unsure that he'd realise that it was me speaking, instead of his own thoughts.


When I turn my thoughts to my carrier, I find that he has just woken up and is preparing to go to the Academy. Having nothing else to do do, I focus my thoughts apon him and prepare to spend my day watching him.


=============================================================================================================================================================================


"Yaaawn." Waking up and stretching I get breakfast ready and head to the bathroom to clean up and brush my teeth. As I get the milk out stare at the expiration date and realize that it is way past it. Oops, if I had drunk that I would have spent hours on the can for sure! After I finish breakfast I stop by the mirror in my hallway and I almost leave with out wearing my Hitai-ate band.


As I head to the Academy, I see the villagers glaring at me and hear their comments. "Can't believe that monster graduated." "-should have been killed." "-disgusting th-" With I minor effort I ignore it. I am ,after all, used to it. /'Ignorant humans, no idea what the have in their village "shame"' /At this thought I smile and continue to the academy.


When I arrive at the classroom, I see that the only free seat is beside Uchiha Sasuke. With a sigh I sit down at the other end of the bench and idly look around at all the other people who passed. Sasuke, Sakura, Ino, Kiba, Shikamaru, Choji, Hinata, Shino... Heh! Most of the bloodline crew graduated, what a surprise... not! "Excuse me, can I get through?" I hear a voice and turn my head to see that it's Sakura. With a smile I get up and move out of her way. "Sure Sakura-chan!" I say, with an idiotic grin on my face.


Sitting back down, I turn my head and watch Sakura babble on at Sasuke. Fool, why does she bother? He'll never go out with her. '/Those whose only ambitions are love, are either the best or the worst fighters. Guess which one she is?' I laugh softly at the thought and look toward the front of the class and see that Iruka-sensei come in. /Finally!


"From this day forward, You are no longer mere students of ninjitsu, but full fledged shinobi." Iruka-sensei say, standing at an at ease position. As he's speaking, my mind idly turn to the other technique I memorized from the Forbidden scroll. /Doton: Uragaeshi Gosunkugi. Enclosing a person in a globe of earth and then having the earth walls turn into spikes and impaling the opponents. I don't have enough chakra to use it without falling unconscious, but it should be useful as a final do or die technique. /With an effort I wrench my thoughts from the techniques and back to what Iruka-sensei is saying. "-Your greatest challenges lie ahead. The next step is the assignment of official duties to you all on behalf of our village. We will begin by dividing you into three-man cells. Each of which will be mentored by a Jōnin, a more senior ninja, who will guide and coach you as you become familiar with your various assignments.


Flicking my eyes toward Sakura, I see a... rather determined expression on her face. #sigh# She's thinking that she'll be on Sasuke's team. "I made the selections so that each cell's abilities will be approximately equal." Iruka-sensei's statement rivets my attention back to him. /Ah man! Since I'm at the bottom of the class! /I notice that Iruka-sensei has started listing off the different members off each team.


#a few minutes later#


"Team 7: Uzumaki Naruto, Haruno Sakura," At this I Jump up with a 'whoo-hoo' followed by 'crap!' when Iruka-sensei follows with "and Uchiha Sasuke." Furiously I demand to know, "Why did you team me up with that bastard Sasuke? Why didn't you team me up with someone else? Anyone else!" With a sigh Iruka-sensei answers my question. "All three of you together creates a team which is equal to all the others. Besides, even if I was willing to switch you or Uchiha-kun with a different person, the Hokage himself approved of the team selections" With a sigh I sit back down and fold my arms, sulking.


Sasuke snorted and looked away from me. "Hmm... try to keep up Dunce." With a snarl I turn and shout at him, "What'd you call me!" Sakura growl and starts hitting me, "Just knock it off!" As I attempt to shield myself from Sakura's blows I hear Iruka-sensei saying, "OK, everyone. I'll be introducing your ninjitsu instructors this afternoon. Until then, you're dismissed!"




As I sit on the edge of a building to eat lunch, I think about how much I'm going to hate working with Sakura and Sasuke. /Sakura is going to spend all her time mooning over Sasuke, who will spend all his time being cool and ignoring us. /#sigh# "Iruka-sensei, you've really outdone yourself with this one. Why couldn't you put me with anyone other than Sasuke?" I grumble, disconsolately. Finishing my dango I stand up and decide to go to one of the forested training areas, to think about what I'm going to do.


When I reach the training area, I first check that no one is training there, and sit down on top of a stump there. With a sigh I close my eyes and begin meditating. After a few minutes of meditation, I begin to hear a dripping sound. Opening my eyes and looking around I don't see any water around at all, so I close my eyes and concentrate on the sound. After a few minutes I realise that I cannot hear any of the normal forest sounds, but I can still hear the sound of dripping water! Opening my eyes I find that I'm no longer in the forest but am sitting on a small island in the middle of what looks like a flooded dungeon.


Listening intently I hear a rustling breathing sound, with nothing else to go on, I step into the water and start heading toward the source of the sound.




With a start I pull my mind from my carriers. He's here! My carrier is here! /Moving my tails into a more comfortable position, I shift to face the gate of my prison to wait for my carrier. /Who would have thought that he would come to me? I thought he would just realise I was talking to him and that we would go on from their. Well this meeting should be... interesting.


After I wait for a few minutes, I hear the sound of someone moving through the water. Watching my carrier walk into view, I stand up to have my first face to face meeting with Uzumaki Naruto. When my carrier finally sees me, there is only a slight pause in his movements and a slight widening of his eyes. I watch as he stops within a meter of the bars of my cage, and grins ferally at me, with fierce and proud eyes. With out an ounce of hesitation he greets me. "Konnichi-wa, Kyuubi no Kitsune."




Walking up to the source of the sound, I see the gates to a massive cage. As I approach I see a shadow behind the bars stand up and and step closer to the gate, reforming into a giant red fox! Gods! He's even bigger than I thought! His eye is bigger than I am! Still I can't let him no how much he surprised me. Summoning up my courage and conviction, I stop a meter from the gate and look into the Kyuubi's eyes and grin, saying. "Konnichi-wa, Kyuubi no Kitsune."


===================================================================================

Author's notes:
Well here it is my completed chapter. I know you'll hate me for the cliff hanger but I couldn't resist, it is my first after all! I know the "Naruto being smarter than he looks and not really liking Sakura" is a bit of a cliché among our community but it is a favourite of mine. If your having trouble imagining what I mean by the "feral smile and fierce eyes" think page 15 of chapter 95 of the Naruto Manga. Review and suggestions please
Sign up to rate and review this story