Categories > Original > Romance > Dancing with Death

Chapter 13

by Vampirechick1159 6 reviews

"'Stay away from her, Gerard. You know the rules.'"

Category: Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2011-07-08 - Updated: 2011-07-08 - 398 words - Complete

1Exciting
His arms were around me the minute we were alone. His lips brushed against mine, sending delicious waves of pleasure through me, and a seemingly insatiable need for more. He backed me into a wall, his hands sliding under my shirt to my bare back, his lips moving to my neck.
“There’s a motel down the street,” he said in between kisses. “We can get there fast.”
“Samantha?”
The perfect pronunciation of my name made me turn to the entrance to the alley. Gerard stood there, looking like he knew full well what was going on but was afraid to accept it. “Samantha, get away from him.” He started down the alley towards us.
Lucian smiled. “Well, well, well, look who it is. Finally come crawling out of your hole, have you, Gerard? Stay away from this. It’ll only get you into trouble.”
“What?” I asked, looking between the two, trying to figure out what was going on. “How do you know each other?”
Gerard yanked Lucian’s arms off me and pushed me behind him. “Leave her out of this. It’s not her fault. She didn’t know.”
Lucian laughed, backing away. “All right, but don’t say I didn’t warn you. Stay away from her, Gerard. You know the rules.”
And then he left, leaving me to stare at Gerard, who looked scared half to death.
“What was that?” I asked as he took my arm, leading me down the alley toward where his car was parked.
“Stay away from that guy, Samantha.”
“Why?”
“Because. He’s not…he’s not normal.”
“What’s that supposed to mean?”
“Just stay away from him. He’s dangerous.”
“Like how? Serial killer? Rapist? What?”
“Tell me this. Would you have gone with him if it weren’t for the way he was looking at you?”
“Um…no. I wouldn’t have dreamed of it.”
“And that right there is why you need to stay away.”
“Well who is he? How do you know him?”
“What did he tell you his name was?”
“Lucian.”
He laughed, pushing me toward the passenger side of his car. “Get in. I’m taking you home.”
“Not if you don’t answer my questions!”
“Okay. You wanna know who that guy really was? His name’s not Lucian. His name…”
“What’s his name, Gerard?”
“His name is Lucifer.”
Sign up to rate and review this story