Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Stockholm Syndrome

Thirty-Eight

by whoah-that 15 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst - Published: 2011-07-12 - Updated: 2011-07-13 - 498 words - Complete

5Exciting
“--should be coming around any time, now--”

“--certain it was only sedatives?--”

“--the tox-screen said--”

Paulina awoke but did not open her eyes. There were hushed murmurs that seemed very far off and foggy. The room she was in smelled sterile, like bleach, or soap. There were mechanical beeps, whirs, and ticks going off at random intervals, making it more and more difficult for Paulina to find her way back to the black, unconscious peace that she’d been floating in. As she came to more and more, the young girl began to recognize the voices, which seemed to be getting sharper and clearer, making more sense in the words they were forming. Paulina groaned quietly.

The voices hushed immediately. “Paulina?” A woman. Her voice was worried, concerned, hurt, teary…why was this woman upset? She sounded so familiar…

“Mom?” Paulina cracked open her eyes, eyelids heavy as stone, seeing her mother standing at the foot of her bed through dim vision. “Mommy?”


Okay, so I've got a lot of things to address in this A/N...

1. You guys never cease to amaze me. Check out all the silent readers that climbed out of the rafters. So crazy to me. You guys are awesome, and you give me an ego the size of the sun. Also, can I just say that I was absolutely DYING of laughter while reading those comments? I knew a bunch of you would wage death threats, but WOW. You guys really don't like cliff-hangers.

2. Obviously, this is not the end. On a related note, remember when I said that this story would be pushed up to 40 chapters? Scratch that. This will probably now be closer to 50 chapters...sorry about that. I just need to get all this stuff in, and it doesn't all squeeze comfortably into a manageable 40 chapters.

3. HA! YOU DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING, ANY OF YOU! DID YOU? NO! Ha! I knew you'd all be put on your ears by that last chapter, and that's just how I like it. I do so hate being predictable.

4. I'm sorry that this chapter is impossibly short, but I needed to put something up so I could let you guys know that the story was not over, she didn't die, and that we will continue on with our adventure.

5. Tomorrow, at roughly 11:30 AM, I'm leaving for Arkansas. Those of you who have been with this story since the beginning may remember that around this time last year, I left for two weeks. Yep. That's happening again. Sorry, that means no updates for a full two weeks. However, like last year, I'll probably write up some chapters on my iTouch while I'm there, so I'll have something to upload when I get back. Sound good? I hope none of you lose interest by then. Here's to hoping you all hold out!

Alright, this impossibly long Author's Note is now drawing to a close. I will see all your lovely faces in two weeks. OverAndOutxx
Sign up to rate and review this story