Categories > Celebrities > Motley Crue

No Matter What

by Duffie 1 review

Another fluff thing. I need to stop writing it.

Category: Motley Crue - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2011-07-13 - Updated: 2011-07-14 - 1341 words - Complete

2Original
We're indestructible, we are untouchable
Nothing can take us down tonight
You are so beautiful, it should be criminal
That you could be mine.


I sighed, sipping my coffee half heartedly as I lounged by the pool. I looked out over the mountains and watched the sunrise slowly, feeling really lonely. Nikki was out on his book tour for his new book and I was wishing he was with me. He had been gone almost two weeks and the little gap in between did nothing to make me feel better. I was lonely and wanted my best friend to come home already.

The sound of my phone vibrating on the glass table pulled me from my thoughts. I lifted it up, expecting a manager or Dj. I felt my face split into a smile and I answered the call with my heart steadily beating faster. "Mornin' baby! I'm not waking you, am I?" Nikki's cool voice asked.

I breathed out in content, running a hand through my bed head hair. "Nah, dude. Just watching the sunrise and enjoying my morning dose of caffeine. How's the book tour going?" I asked, sipping the warm drink with a smirk.

"It's going good. Wish it would hurry up and finish already. I want to be home again. I miss you." Nikki stated simply. I heard the want in his voice and knew being on the road was boring him. Nikki sighed and I could hear a phone going off in the room. "Tommy, I got to go for now. I call you a little later okay?"

I frowned, feeling disappointment start to wiggle it's way into my gut. I put my cup back down now, suddenly not in the mood for coffee anymore. "Sure thing. Knock 'em dead, Nik. Love ya, man." I said, standing up and walking back into the empty house.

"Love you too. Bye, T-bone." The line went dead and I tossed the phone onto the counter. I walked to the sink and poured the rest of my coffee down the drain. Looking around the kitchen, I frowned more, wishing I had something to do. Dj was in New York for something. I didn't really hang out with my band mates without Nikki. I was bored and lonely.

No matter what, I got your back
I'll take a bullet for you if it comes to that
I swear to God that in the bitter end
We're gonna be the last ones standing


I sighed deeply, shoulders slumping. I walked into the living room and turned on the stereo, escaping the silence. Smiling a little now, I felt my finger begin to itch and knew it was time to get to the Atrium. I entered the elevator, smiling at the hellish pictures of me and Nikki on the wall. At least I had him with me slightly.

Slumping into my chair, I lit a cigarette and pulled my battered composition notebook next to me. Opening to a random page, I scanned the words written on the sheet. I felt my face break into another huge smile, fingers drumming on the equipment. I looked at the mic dangling from the ceiling and nodded. Time to play.

So believe me when I say, you're the one
They'll never forgive us for the things we've done
And we will make it out alive
I'll promise you this love will never die!


Hours later, the sound of my house phone ringing pulled me from the studio. I jogged up the stairs, yanking my jeans up as I ran. I grabbed the phone from the table and hit the answer button. "'ello?"

"Check your tweets." A voice mumbled and hung up before I could even understand what was happening. I stared at the phone, scratching my head in confusion. I placed the phone back in the cradle and walked to the laptop sitting on the island counter.

I rolled my finger over the mouse pad and waited for my computer to come out of sleep. Once it was awake, I punched in the web address for Twitter. I could feel my worry starting to grow. What was I going to see? Did something happen to Nikki? Did he cheat on me and this was a friendly heads up.

I scrolled down, looking at the recent activity. I rolled down, eyes moving fast. Catching something at the top, I brought the page back to the beginning. I froze on a tweet from Nikki, posted no less than twenty seconds ago. "Knock, knock." was all it read.

Over head the doorbell rang, causing me to jump. I looked back at the computer screen and walked slowly to the front door. I stuffed my hand into my pocket, feeling better when I felt the blade resting in there still. I paused with my hand on the handle, not sure if I should answer the door. Drawing a deep breath in, I yanked open the door.

There was nothing but an envelope on the porch. I looked around carefully and then knelt down. I lifted the envelope, noticing that it had my name printed on the front of it. I opened it slowly, my anticipation growing slightly. A single item was in the envelope. It contain a black and white photo of Nikki, one he had taken at the Funny Farm. I looked at it closely and then flipped it over, surprised to see a message written there.

"Behind you?" I wondered aloud. I tensed when I felt someone behind me. I turned slowly, hoping I wasn't about to die. Instead I got a shock of a lifetime. "Nikki! What the fuck are you doing here, man?"

And everybody said that we would never last,
And if they saw us now I bet they'd take it back
It doesn't matter what we do or what we say
Cause nothing matters anyway!


Nikki pouted and then smiled, shaking his head. "Well it's nice to see you too, Tommy." He wrapped his arms around my thin waist and hugged me tightly. I smiled uncontrollably and hugged him tightly, still not believing he was really there. Nikki kissed my cheek softly, hand rubbing down my slowly untensing back. "Surprise?"

I laughed, nodding my head and pulling him towards the elevator. "Yeah. Definitely surprised. What about the book tour? I thought you still had a few more stops." I asked, hitting the button for the studio once more.

Nikki waved that comment off. "Three of the venues didn't feel like promoting an ex addict. So I said fuck 'em. I had this all planned yesterday. Dj helped me. He's heading in tomorrow." he smirked, leaning into me as we rode. "Why we goin' to the studio?"

I smirked devilishly, zipping my mouth shut. Nikki pouted again and opened his mouth again to ask. I cut him off with a quick, much needed kiss. That shut him up nicely. When we stopped, I pulled him into the studio and then pushed him none to nicely into a chair.

"I've been working. Listen and tell me what you think." I hit the playback button and leaned on the equipment, watching Nikki's eyes. The music started slow and then the singing jumped right in. "I need you right here, by my side, You're everything I'm not in my life."

Nikki looked over at me sharply as the song played, head moving to the beat. When the song finished, he was quiet. I fidgeted slightly until he waved me over. I walked over unsteadily and crouched down next to him. He pressed a hand to my face sweetly and smiled, leaning forward to kiss me gently. "That was the best song I think you have ever written, killah."

I smirked, kissing his palm. "All for you. Because we got each other's back. Nothing else matters."

No matter what, I got your back
I'll take a bullet for you if it comes to that
I swear to God that in the bitter end
We're gonna be the last ones standing
Sign up to rate and review this story