Categories > Games > Final Fantasy X

Hidden Thoughts

by Oceana 1 review

A sequel to Confrontation.

Category: Final Fantasy X - Rating: G - Genres: Angst, Drama - Characters: Rikku, Tidus - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2006-06-02 - Updated: 2006-06-03 - 600 words - Complete

1Moving
And so in the end, everyone will leave.

Rikku stared blankly at the working machina engine, the sound of metals hitting against each other as they rolled the bearings within, and the smoke that was produced from the cooler. Strangely, she had found all these machina operation to be somewhat comforting and yet hurtful.

They reminded her too much of the boy who had left her to join the Crusaders a year ago, and was missing ever since then. She started going around Spira with her family, hoping to find some clues of him somewhere, dead or alive.

She stared down at her knuckles, that had almost broke Auron's arm a moment ago when she confronted him in fury.

He will be gone at the end of this journey. And Lulu will be left heartbroken, again.


She grasped her knuckles as she felt another need to confront the swordsman once again just to break his arm, thinking it might be able to make him feel a taste of what it felt like to lose a part of himself.

Boys, men. Why do they always leaves those who loved them behind?

"Rikku?"

She rolled her eyes and caught a glimpse of yellow hair and tanned skin. He reminded her of him in one way or another. She almost thought she had finally found Gippal when they blew up the rocks to a part of the ruins. /He was not him/. Her vision became blurred and Tidus's form went out of shape.

Shit. Tears gathering.

She breathed in hard, forcing back the tears and closed her eyes as she was sure that the water would not flow down.

/Breathe in, breathe out. Deeply. Yes good, now.... smile/.

Rikku opened her eyes and looked up to Tidus who was standing in front of her, with a look of concern on his face. She worked the muscles on her face, squeezing out the usual cheery expression.

"Hey Tidus." She stretched her lips wider and let it crooked up further, so that he would see no sign of her depressed self earlier. Smile brightly.

"What are you doing down here?"

"I was... exploring the airship." He said, pausing inbetween which would normally make Rikku suspected that he was lying about something, but she was too tired to catch it now.

"Oh, figures. You don't look like the type who would like to visit an engine room anyway." She grinned.

He brushed away a few strayed hair strands and cupped her tiny face onto his rough palm. "Are you feeling okay?"

Rikku nodded as she bit her lower lips. Looking into his concerned eyes, she felt something was tugging from within. Was her instinct trying to tell her something again? She threw her arms around him, surprising him, and her fingers grabbing tight onto his clothes.

"Stay here, don't go anywhere. Yunie needs you."

He hugged her back, with another arm patting her head and stroking her messy hair to comfort her.

Did she know?

He had overheard the confrontation between her and Auron earlier on. He saw the fury and desperation in her eyes, and her violent let out on his mentor. As much as he would like to deny it, he knew that he himself would be gone too, when the dreams stopped.

Don't tell her, yet.

Tidus felt a little struggle, Rikku was his best friend and she had the right to know all about him. But then again, he could always convince himself that he doesn't need his arm to be broken by an angry Al Bhed who doesn't know her strength.
Sign up to rate and review this story