Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Another Killjoy Fanfic

Another Killjoy Fanfic

by asylum_muffin 0 reviews

The life of a Killjoy is a hard one.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama,Sci-fi - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-07-10 - Updated: 2011-07-10 - 931 words

0Unrated
December 21, 2012

Many people assumed that on this date something big would happen and the world as we knew it would end. I was one of the people who said this was ridiculous and shoved away all apocalyptic thoughts. It was four days from Christmas and I had gone to Michigan for sort of an early holiday with some family then I was to go back to Chicago to spend Christmas with my parents and sister. I recently turned nineteen, so I was plenty old enough to get to Michigan on my own. This particular day, I was visiting my Aunt Amy and Uncle Wayne. Their two kids, my cousins, were Josh (18 years old) and Madeline (15 years old). We were out for lunch when everything started and Better Living Industries (BL/ind) took over.

No one ever really thought much of BL/ind and we especially never thought they would be dangerous. They came out with a stream of medicine to help control your emotions. Their CEO, Korse, was a cold man but he too never seemed dangerous. His bodyguards, which we know now to be called Draculoids or Dracs for short, now paraded the streets with lasers and they were force feeding pills. Dracs were by no means pleasant to look at. They wore all white suits and had masks. The masks were all a scary white face with black hair. As we huddled in my aunt's living room the TV came on a Korse was on it.

Korse was a small man from what I could tell. He had a bald head and had a menacing look in his eyes that looked even worse today. He was sitting on a desk and on the wall behind him there was a giant sign displaying the name "Better Living Industries". Korse gave us a smile and began to speak.

"Good people of the world, as you know my name is Korse and I am head of Better Living Industries. Many of you may be wondering what is happening now. You see, my Draculoids have noticed an abundance of emotions in people today and here at Better Living Industries we realize the danger that presents to society. I ask you please stay calm and do not resist. Draculoids will soon be by to give you your medication if they have not already. We must use force on those who resist, and nobody wants that so let’s cooperate. The goal of Better Living Industries is quite simple. We wish to give you all a better, easier and simpler existence here. We wish to take away those bothersome emotions and other things that cause nothing but problems in the world. Doesn't that sound nice? Please cooperate with the Draculoids, and have a wonderful day."

With this he smiled and the screen switched to a black and white spiral. A female voice began to speak but before we knew what she was saying Aunt Amy flipped off the television.

"Like hell I'm cooperating with them." She proclaimed just as a group of Dracs came in the door.

Josh and Uncle Wayne stepped up and began defending us but it wasn't long before the Dracs overpowered them. The Dracs exchanged glances and started to carry them out.

"Hey, where do you think you're taking them?!" Aunt Amy yelled as she uselessly tried to defend her family.

Soon Madeline and I joined the fight but our efforts were in vain. We fought hard as the Dracs carried us to a van by the house. They were just about to throw me in when a gas can went off near me. I looked to see the man that threw it was a short man with long, dark hair and he wore a bandana over his face. When the Dracs saw him they dropped me, hopped in the van and drove after him. I watched helplessly as they made off with my aunt, uncle and cousins.

Soon more Dracs were grabbing at me. All I knew to do was get up and run. All I could do was run. I vowed that I would find a way to rescue my family but for now all I could do was keep running. My name is Sarah and I was one of the few who wasn't captured or brainwashed that day. I am one of the few who still remembers how things were. I went into hiding by living in abandoned basements and never staying in the same place for long. Eventually I saw the man who threw the gas can and saved me. I saw him on a wanted poster. It said his name was Fun Ghoul. Around his poster were posters for Party Poison, Kobra Kid and Jet Star.

"What kind of names are those?" I wondered out loud.

The posters called these men "Killjoys". It said their crime was going against Korse and BL/ind. At the time I didn't know what any of this was, but a few years later I heard rumors about a group of "Killjoys" hiding out as outlaws. I never heard them spoken of in a pleasant manner, but it all sounded good to me. I was told the place they lived was called Battery City, but no one knew where it was. By 2015 a 1 million dollar reward was offered to anyone who could locate Battery City, and 900 thousand was offered for individual Killjoys. I realized that if anyone could help me rescue my family it would be the Killjoys. I then made it my goal to find Battery City and join them.
Sign up to rate and review this story