Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > Consequences

chapter 2

by Hawklan 0 reviews

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover,Horror - Characters: Jenny Calendar,Kendra,Xander - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2011-07-22 - Updated: 2011-07-22 - 2759 words

2Original
Chapter 2
Consequences Chapter 2

Note: For chapter two I try something new for me, this chapter will be written by Razial and me together, he took the Sunnydale part and I the other one and as always it would be nice of you to point out errors we missed so that we can fix them.
Note 2: Fair warning, the Council in this story isn't the same we know from canon.
+++

(Xander’s House)

Xander woke up, feeling slightly sick and with a killer headache. He had gotten drunk last night, alongside his dad. After coming home and spending an hour thinking over what he had done the night before, he had suddenly been overcome with uncertainty and with fear of what Buffy and the others would do, once they learned of his actions. There was also a slight doubt that the Council would lift a finger to aid them, considering what Giles had allowed to go down. In response to that hard thinking and the growing doubts, he had gotten hammered, whilst his mother had just looked on sadly, he doubted it was worth it.

He quickly got dressed and ate some breakfast, apologizing to his mother for his actions the night before. He really did not want to end up like his father, if he could help it.

His mother had managed to drag herself out of the bottle two years ago and was very wary of him being near any alcohol. Finally finished and headed to the school he wondered what in hell awaited him there.

As he walked he thought back to the night before and tried to remember if he had accidentally pushed the button to send the email. Nothing came back to him about that, so he was confused. On entering the school he was stopped by Jenny Calendar, aka Janna Kalderash, something he was only allowed to call her in private. She gave him a smile and indicated he should follow her, which he duly did.

Having stood up for the gypsy woman against Buffy and the others he had formed a close friendship with her, entering her classroom brought back all of his confusion about the night before.

“So, what can I do for you?” he inquired, as he sat down, whilst watching as Janna sat on her desk, her skirt riding up a little showing more of her leg.

Jenny watched Alex carefully, as he tried not to watch her legs. She loved teasing the young man, although a small part of her wanted to push the boundaries quite a bit. Since breaking up with Rupert she had gotten close to Alexander, as he was the only member of the Scooby gang who was not angry with her. She had to admit she was attracted to him, but her being a teacher, kept her from pursuing him so far.

I wanted to talk to you Alex before school actually stared,” she finally responded. “I was here last night at the same time as you and I saw the email you prepared. I will admit I was surprised by what you had written and yet very pleased,” she told him with a smile.

Xander quickly put the pieces together just from that confession and he suddenly realized he had not sent the email last night. “You sent it,” he stated, jumping to his feet and then he began pacing in front of her desk.

“Yes I did. It needed to be done, before Angelus kills anyone else,” Jenny admitted, without any fanfare.

A small argument broke out, as Xander released all of his fears from last night, as well as his uncertainty.

Jenny countered everything he said. She understood exactly why Xander was reacting like this and took no real offense, until he refused to calm down, there her own temper came into play and she began to push him backwards, poking him in the chest as she ordered him to shut up and listen.

“How many people are you willing to get killed before an action is taken to stop Angelus?” She demanded to know. “He has access to most of the others houses. He knows where you live Alex, so do you really think he couldn’t talk his way inside to kill your parents?” she pushed. “This has to end and for it to end someone has to step up and make a choice and you have done that last night, with a little help from me,” she told him heatedly, locking eyes with him.

Xander was kinda mesmerized by the heated gaze Janna sent him, as he thought over what she had said, before a sick feeling came over him as the truth of her words hit him like a truck.

Angelus was no normal vamp, he was smart and viscous and he could get into Buffy and Willow’s houses easily. Joyce had no idea about what truly went on in Sunnydale, a fact that sent a chill down his spine. Janna was right, someone had to step up and do something to stop that bastard before more blood was shed.

He took a deep breath before responding. “Ok, you made your point Janna,” he sat back down and rubbed his neck. “You realize once this gets out, Buffy and the others will be gunning for us?” he pointed out.

“I don’t give a rat’s ass what Buffy or even Rupert does in response,” Janna countered angrily. “Not anymore Alex, my clan is already up in arms about my failure to contain Angelus with the curse, even though they understand I did not know what would break it. I need to bring him down if I ever will have a chance off going home,” she explained, sitting back on her desk.

Xander was surprised by this news and he could tell by Janna’s eyes and body language that she has been truthful, as well as see that it bothered her that she could not go home, until Angelus was dust. He leaned back in his chair and just stared at the wall, whilst Janna watched him, wondering just how things would play out.

+++

(Angelus’s Mansion)

Angelus hated mornings, as it was like a prison he could never escape, almost what it felt like being chained inside his weakling souled self. He wanted to be out there hunting and killing. For now all he could do was plan and think on how to continue torturing Buffy, which quickly became obvious. Buffy’s most trusted and reliant friend was Willow. The red head backed her up on everything. So if he took her out and made it a very painful death it should bring Buffy so damn close to a break down just like what he had done to Dru all that time ago. He smiled just imagining what Buffy would do in response.

It also had the added benefit to hurt all of the so called Scooby Gang especially the one he hated most, Xander Harris. He smiled, which turned into an evil smirk and he began to laugh before walking away to set things in motion.

+++

(Council Chambers)

Travers listened as the members of the council continued to talk and argue over what he had revealed to them, annoyed at their inability to accept that one of their own had ignored such a threat. Granted some of his fellow council members were actually on side and agreed with him in taking immediate action.

If he was honest with himself he was also shocked at Rupert’s actions of late, his reports had mentioned nothing along the lines of a romance between Buffy Summers and the souled vampire Angel. The very idea made him sick. How any Slayer could betray her calling to such an extent, how any human would want to be anywhere near a vampire in such a way, was a riddle to him.

Finally after every member had read the report from Sunnydale the whole room went deadly silent, the members looked at each other and then at Travers. One of the members asked, “Is this report trust worthy, Travers?”

“It is to detailed not to be and after I read that file I contacted one of our contacts we use from time to time, even if he wouldn’t know about all things in the file, he could confirm a lot of what Mr. Harris has written and with that conformation we now have two sources that confirm that Mr. Giles’ reports left a lot of important facts out. Now I hope you all agree that we can’t let that stand so, for humanities sake, and that we have to deal with this situation immediately?”

He waited a moment until every member has nodded in silent agreement.

“Ok then my fellow Watchers. We have several points to vote on then.

First subject: Buffy Summers.

Options:

1. Detain her for a trial.
2. Remove her from the picture ASAP.
3. Use the permanent version of the drug we use for the Cruciamentum.
4. Let everything go as it is now.

“Please vote now,” Quentin said to his fellow Watchers as he himself choose the third option.

After a few moments he got the result of the vote on his screen after his fellow senior member had voted.

With a sad tone in his voice he said, “So it is decided, One Vote for Option One, four votes for option two, two votes for option three and none for the last one.

Second subject: Rupert Giles

Options:

1. Recall him to explain himself, further actions to be done then.
2. Just fire him.
3. Retire him
4. Let everything go as it is now.

Here Quentin got the results even faster than before, he looked for a moment at his fellow watchers and then gave the results. “The majority has decided on option one on this subject,” he said to his relief.

Third subject: Angelus/Angel

1. Remove him permanently
2. Contact the gypsies to curse him again.

He wasn’t really surprised after he got the votes for this one, so he just said, “Option one: 5 Votes, Option two: 2 votes.

Last subject: Alexander Harris

1. Remove him from the picture.
2. Offer him to become a free agent, plus training.
3. Let him be and see what happens.
4. Hire him after testing him.

For him this was an easy vote and so he choose Option 2, but here the votes took the longest, because several of the members talked about those first until they decided. Five minutes later the last vote was in.

He looked at his fellow Watchers again and then gave the results, “This time my friends, it looks as if we have to vote again, without option 3 this time, because we couldn’t get a majority on any of the other points,” he told them and voted for the second again himself.

Again a short discussion broke out before the results came in. “This time we have a majority with 4 votes on option 2, 2 on option 1 and one on option 4. So the council has decided what our actions will be.

1. For betraying her calling Miss Summers will be retired.
2. Watcher Rupert Giles will be detained and brought back to the Council.
3. Angelus will be dealt with permanently, as the Slayer should have done.
4. Mr. Harris will be contact and offered the chance to become a free agent of the Council. We will offer our support with training, information, and missions.”



After that Quentin sat down again, took a sip from a glass of whisky and let the results sink in for a moment.

Sometimes he wished for himself a nice retirement, where he could sit in the sun and watch his grandkids, but sadly that would never happen, because he didn’t even had kids and never would have any, however long his long, long life would still be. That was his curse and that of his brothers for their part in condemning young girls to a short and violent life all those centuries ago. How was that saying? ‘The road to hell is plastered with good intentions.’

He still remembered the day of their foolishness and the day where the ‘Voice’ came down and put her curse onto them, but that was a long time ago and currently he was the last of the Shadowmen.

After that short trip into his past he stood up again, looked at his fellow watchers and then spoke to one of them. “Mr. Meyers, you are responsible for our Retrial Teams, what is there status and when can we use them?”

Mr. Meyers stood up himself and replied, “Sadly we only have rookie team one and two on base, all other teams are on deployment, but I have an old trustworthy friend, who is in the known about the supernatural. After he left France a couple of years ago he founded a small, but effective company in the Caribbean. He could handle the first two points on the agenda, but I currently have no Idea who we would send for the last two.”

Quentin nodded and then asked, “Which company would that be? You know we have to uphold several agreements we cannot break.”

Mr. Meyers answered, “Of course Mr. Travers that is why I pointed him out. His company M4H wouldn’t break any of those agreements.”

Quentin looked at Mr. Meyers and then nodded. “OK, I have heard of them and you may contact them ASAP. Point four I will handle myself, and will fly out to Sunnydale in the morning, so we also have someone on site to change our plans if necessary. Any ideas for point 3?”

The room was quiet for a minute or two and then Mr. Wyndam-Price stood up. “Mr. Travers, I know we haven’t used him for a while, but we could offer that contract to our free agent Whistler in New York. He and his boy should be able to handle Angelus.”
Quentin thought about that for a moment and then replied, “OK contact him and offer him the contract. If no one has to add anything more I will close the session now to prepare my trip.”

He looked around and waited if someone else would say anything and then he said, “Session closed. Thank you my friends.”

With that all Watchers stood up and quickly left the room.

+++

(Sunnydale High School)

Xander spent the day avoiding Buffy and the others, as much as possible, not that they seemed to notice, as usual Buffy was moaning and crying about Angel, whilst Willow and Oz tried to console her and Giles just refused to do a thing.

This once again reminded him why he had done what he had done and why Janna had actually sent the message. He just wondered what the council would do with the information he gave them.

By the end of the day he was tired and annoyed and was waiting in the hallway for Janna. He was annoyed as he had witnessed a small argument between Buffy and Cordelia.

Cordy was worried and rightly so about Angelus and Buffy’s refusal to kill him. Buffy had responded in her typical fashion as of late, ranting about Angel as if he was still around. It had ended with Cordelia actually slapping the blond before storming off. He had almost burst out laughing at the sight.

Finally Janna arrived and they left the school together, basically ignored by everyone else, including Buffy who stormed off to the library with Willow trying to calm her down.

He got into Janna’s car and just sat there thinking, as Janna brought them back to her house. They needed to continue their discussion from this morning and try and work out some plan in case the council refused to help. He took a good look around her living room, as she went and changed into something more comfortable, as that thought passed his mind, he had to do everything he could not to imagine Janna naked.

Jenny changed into a loose skirt and blouse, before heading back down, noting Xander had his eyes closed and was leaning against the wall of her living room. It did not take a genius to guess what he was thinking about. She smiled and shook her head, pleased that someone found her so attractive before going to make them something to drink.

(AN: Until the end of the voting the story could have gone anywhere, to let me surprise myself I used a D4 to decide on the votes.)
Sign up to rate and review this story