Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > You Only Live Forever In The Lights You Make

Chapter One: Teenagers

by ZombieSlayer13x 6 reviews

The Killjoys actually have a purpose now! XD

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Humor - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!] [?] - Published: 2011-07-25 - Updated: 2011-08-30 - 1648 words

5Original
A/N: Here's the first chapter. ALSO! Amy Winehouse is dead?! I mean, we all expected it sometime, but it still seems so...unexpected? Yeah, I'm definitely not finishing this in one sitting so...if you see a sudden break or somewhere where it seems to be really different, that's why.

Also, crazybudgies, a.k.a Toxic Bite, If you’re seriously opposed to you smoking just tell me lol.



Chapter One: Teenagers


Since Sunny fell asleep, Chemical Corpse took it upon herself to find a decent radio station. It's not like she really had to watch the road. They were the only ones on it and the static was killing her.

She was trying to find a good rock station when a piece of notebook paper was shoved in her face from behind. She read it. "104.5?" She asked Elder looking at him through the review mirror.

He nodded.

"That station's still on air???" She asked in amazement. All "unacceptable" music stations (a.k.a. all of them) were shut down years ago.

The paper was once again shoved in her face. "You're kidding me," she said, "The DJ of 104.5…is a killjoy..."

He shrugged. Corpse tuned into the station.

Sure enough it was a restricted station, which only meant one thing, killjoys controlled it. She smirked and used the password Doctor D. had given her. She was instantly met with pop/rock music. She turned the volume up as far as it would go and put all the windows down.

"Time to have some fun," she said.

Instantly Sunny and Sonic were jerked awake, in a flash Sonic had her ray gun out.

"WHAT THE HELL?!" Sonic shouted. She then realized it was music and started head banging along.

Cyanide pulled up next to Corpse's window and whooped. Then he did a wheelie on his motorcycle. He fell back and was replaced by Toxic who took her hands off the wheel for a brief second to throw both her middle fingers in the air, then she too fell back. Chemical Corpse looked over at Sunny who was playing the air guitar.

Corpse smiled. This is what she lived for. Her team needed to let loose sometimes, even if they did risk having every drac in the state flock to them. After all they were still teenagers.

~~~~

They drove all throughout the night. They made a brief stop around midnight so Corpse could swap places with Sunny. Now Corpse was sitting in the passenger seat. She just woke up from the longest nap she’d taken in years. She saw rays of sun peeking over the hills, morning had come.

"When are we meeting up with Twisted?" Toxic shouted as she pulled up next to Corpse's window.

"Hours!" Corpse shouted back. Toxic groaned. “Do you want me to drive your bike so you can sleep?” Corpse asked.

Toxic got a look of horror on her face, “Oh god no! Not my baby!”

“Well, suit yourself,” said Corpse as she tried to go back to sleep. She found her attempt in vain and asked if she could again switch places with Sunny, who willingly agreed. They stopped for a second so the girls could change places, then drove on.

They drove for a couple more hours until they came to a cross road.

"Here we are gentlemen," said Corpse as she brought the hummer to an abrupt stop, almost running over Cyanide in the process. Toxic looked over to see if he was hurt. Seeing he was fine, she snickered then calmly dismounted her bike.

"Who the HELL taught you how to drive?!" Cyanide spat at Corpse as she got out of the hummer. He stormed over to her, towering over her barely 5 foot 2 frame, but she kept her cool. He looked her dead in the eye.

"No one," she replied in a monotone voice, matching his gaze. She then proceeded to lean against the door. He stalked back over to his bike to check for damage.

The rest of her team got off/out of their vehicles and stood awkwardly, waiting. The only sounds were that of the wind and Toxic's lighter as she tried to light a cigarette.

"Still addicted to nicotine, I see Toxic," said a female voice teasingly behind them. Elder jumped.

"Nice to see you too," Toxic replied without even turning around.

"Twisted, nice to see you!" Said Corpse as she walked over to her, “I’m glad you’re not dead! We haven’t heard from you in months!"

"Nice seeing you too Chem, and likewise."

"You know, you're the only person in that world that calls me Chem," Corpse said, chuckling.

“EEEK!! TWISTED!!” Sunny yelled as she ran over to Twisted and hugged her, “Good to see you.”

“Nice to see you too,” Twisted said while returning the hug.

Elder wrote a greeting on his notepad and Sonic hugged her as well.

“Hate to break up this little reunion,” said Cyanide sarcastically, “but what’s the news? What has BL/ind been up too?”

“Way to kill it Cy,” said Twisted, “You sure chose your KJ name well. You’re words are cyanide and you’re my worst nightmare,” she smiled sweetly while Cyanide rolled his eyes.

"Trust me, I've heard worse, love," he said.

Twisted stuck her tongue out at him childishly, "Watch out pretty boy, I know tae-kwon do!" She struck a pose to demonstrate. Everyone laughed except for Cyanide who rolled his eyes again.

"I heard that if you roll your eyes too much, they can get stuck like that," said Corpse from behind Cyanide. He blushed then walked away.

"So, Twisted, status report?" Sonic said.

"Sir yes, sir!" Twisted replied doing a mock salute, "I visited a couple zones. There's been tales of killjoys disappearing, just like that. They go to sleep, even set a watch, but the next morning one more is gone. No one knows what's happening. All we know is that BL/ind is getting stronger. I snuck into Battery City and stole a 'Most Wanted' list. Apparently we're number 21 on 'BC's Most Wanted Killjoy Group' list. They even named us! I never knew we had a team name!" said Twisted merrily as she gave Corpse the list.

"Hmm....." she said scanning the list, "Ah, here we are!” She began to read it out loud, “Group 21-The Destroyas. Inhabitants of Zone 6, lead by the Killjoy known as Chemical Corpse, or Alexandria Wong to civilians. Oh goodie! They know my name!” Corpse said while clapping her hands. She continued on, “Wanted for conspiracy against Better Living Industries, medium threat, extremely malicious, do not attempt to capture them on your own, yadda, yadda, yadda. Same old, same old.”

Corpse threw the list carelessly in the air and walked back to the hummer. Elder reached up and grabbed the floating list, his height making it easy. He scanned it then took his notepad out.

The Fabulous Killjoys are #1! He had written.

“Of course they are. They’re the biggest threat to BL/ind,” said Cyanide as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. He rolled his eyes at Elder.

“Hey! Lay off, its fine,” said Sonic trying to defend Elder.

Elder looked pissed. He hated being treated like he was stupid. He had murder in his eyes, but then he relaxed when Sonic started talking to him. Cyanide was just being…Cyanide…a cynical, cocky, ass.

Cyanide caught on to the fact that he was seconds away from being murdered and moved away from Elder. Fast.

Cyanide scoffed. It wasn't his fault he was the way he was. His parents spoiled him as a kid. Cyanide grew up in Britain as an only child. He lived with his parents in a huge mansion, life was good; very good. Then, when he was 8 they moved to America, Battery City more specifically. He hated it. He missed all his friends. On top of that his parents never gave him affection as a child.

They thought they could win him over with money. In retaliation he started acting out. He would throw fits, stay up past curfew, and try to get in as much trouble as possible, anything for their attention. When he turned 10 he decided he didn't want their attention anymore, he actually liked being a rebel.

Cyanide was rude, arrogant, rebellious, and had no regard whatsoever for the rules. So when BL/ind tried to shove a pill down his throat he ran away. It didn't even bother him that his parents could be dead right now. He asked himself, was he really that heartless? He just shrugged at the thought.

The group made small talk for a while until they heard a car moving towards them. They turned around to see Corpse sitting in the hummer. She honked the horn.

“It’s not safe to be together for this long. We need to get moving. The dracs are probably minutes away. Twisted, where are you off to?”

“Way to be optimistic,” replied Twisted, “I’m heading off to Doctor D.’s to give him my status report,” she mounted her motorcycle.

Cyanide and Toxic followed suit.

“Good luck motor baby,” said Corpse as she winked, “I order you to stay alive.”

Twisted smirked, “Yeah, yeah,” she said with a wave of the hand.

“Bye Twisted!!” Sunny shouted as she got in the back of the hummer. Twisted nodded at her in return.

“Bye,” said Sonic as she waved. Elder gave her a small nod as well.

Twisted Poison saluted and put on her mask.

“Look alive, sunshine,” she said. Then she sped away down one of the roads heading west. Chemical Corpse and her team departed as well.

*Do you like it? Hate it? I know it's kinda slow but the next chapter has action. I'm writing it as we speak! Please review! XD

-Alex
Sign up to rate and review this story