Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Hiders

Hiders

by Wicked_Lovely 3 reviews

Hider:noun; 1, abyssal creatures that spawn in darkness, dislikes sunlight and humans.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Fantasy - Published: 2011-07-11 - Updated: 2011-07-11 - 1386 words - Complete

1Original
Apart from when everything is a complete and utter joke and everything you believe in was a lie.

I don't remember how long I've been seeing them....But it feels like they've always been there. I used to scream when I saw them, hearing their twisted voices as they judged me. My parents noticed that something was wrong one night when they were in our house. I could hear them, creeping out behind my door. I knew that not all of them were bad...But these ones were. And they were waiting.
Waiting for what....I don't know.
I grabbed the bat that stayed by my bed, walking to the door as I gripped it.
"What are you doing Ryannnn?" Cogstenn said as he looked at me. I glanced over at him, giving him a small smile.
"There are hiders out there..." I say as I look at the door.
"There are?" Tonna asked her trunk flowing slightly in the breeze that was nonexistent. Cogstenn opened the door, showing a group of creatures...There's no real way to describe them...Perhaps spiders with wings...Only not. They look like worms, with knife like legs, antennas that have their eyes on them. Their all the same few shades of colors, moving as a group. I bite my lip, knowing better than to scream. I had been trying to hide it for most of my life...The things I could see that wanted to kill me and those around me. No, they did more than that.
"Ryan, stay calm now." I looked at Cogstenn. His body always seemed to shake. Not in the way that humans shake...more like a constant glitch. Like a disk that has a scratch on it, making it fade in and out at a rapid speed. A constant twitch. I hit the hiders with the bat, throwing a few of the face sized spider-worms at the wall in the process.
"Ryan?" Oh shit. "Honey, why are you out and about at this time of night? And what are you doing with a bat?" My mother tilted her head, looking at me with concerned eyes.
"The-the hiders...They wanted to attack...I just...I-" She stopped me, one hand going to her head.
"Hiders? What are hiders? Ryan, there isn't anything out here." I looked around me. They were all scurrying back to their world, being untouched by the other humans.
"They were here." I bent down, picking one up before it could run away. "Look, don't you see it?" She stared at me.
"Honey...there's nothing there." I dropped it, staring at her with wide eyes. How could she not see it? They were just attacking me.
"Ryan, you know you shouldn't have told her." Cogstenn said as he looked at me with hawk eyes. I swallowed as my eyes started to fill with tears.
"Ryan....Are you seeing things?" My mother asked in a concerned tone. I could hear my dad mumbling in his sleep in the room down the hall. I stayed completely still, not knowing what to do. "Awh, sugar, come here." My mother wrapped her arms around me, her tangled and fried red hair tickling my cheeks.
"We'll get you help in the morning." Help? How could you get help when you were the only one who could see those...those things? "But for now, try and go to sleep." She let me go, giving me a smile as she shooed me off to my room. I walked back into the dark room, looking over at Cogstenn. There's no real way to describe him. There never has been. I've always tried to, he's just...such an odd being. He resembles a fish, with sharp and pointed teeth and hawk eyes that can see every apparent emotion that get's plastered on anyone's face. He's wearing a tie today, the pale green of it accenting his burgundy flesh and the trousers that fit his thin legs perfectly.
I slid down the wall, sitting on the floor as I stayed in a state of shock. Tonna comes back.
"Maybe you should get some sleep Ryan." I look at her, her large grey eye staring at me as she holds it in her trunk. It's only about a foot away from my face, even with her body standing by my bed.
"No...I think. I think I'm just going to sit here for a while." I say as I stare at the window.
Alaan speaks. "You know that we're here for you if you need something." His long straw like fingers brush the top of his bald head, brushing against his horns.
"I know."
My mother woke me that morning, finding me passed out on the floor. Cogstenn was sleeping next to me, but she didn't see him. When we were dressed she took me to a therapist, not knowing that she was taking more than just me to the tall building. It was an odd place, a waiting room filled with people who fidgeted and looked over their shoulders every five minutes. My mother was talking to someone behind a desk, Cogstenn sitting on my right with Tonna on the left. Alaan floated in front of me, staring at me with his cat like eyes. How could no one else seem them? I was greeted by a women in a suit who lead me down a long hallway to a small room complete with a couch and two chairs. I sat on the couch, Cogstenn and Tonna taking their normal places by my side as Alaan ran around the room. He never was able to stay focused on things.
"Tell me Ryan, what do you see right now?" The woman asked. I just stared at her, not wanting to answer. She would just label me as crazy and then I'd be in serious shit. After seeing her three times I was told that I had borderline personality disorder and some minor form of schizophrenia. I was given medication for both, and when I didn't seem to get better, I was sent to an institute to 'help control my illness.' It was there that I was diagnosed with depression and ADD. The depression from being constantly told that I was crazy when I knew that I was sane. The ADD was because 'I was constantly distracted by the things I was seeing and hearing.' And I guess because I couldn't stay focused for more than a moment.
The pills were shoved down my throat to the point where I gave up and just pretended to be better. Eight years of living in a place where my only friends were labeled as imaginary and I was told that I could leave. I was seventeen. Home wasn't any better. My mother had left my father, forcing me to live with the man who never really liked me. It didn't take long for him to want to put me back into public schools.
"Are you ready for school tomorrow?" Cogstenn questioned, his accented voice low and raspy.
"No." I was staring at my hands which were holding the two white pills I had to take at night.
"You are going right?" Alaan spoke in his slow high pitched voice. I stayed silent.
"I think he will." Tonna said in her elegant timeless voice.
"Might as well." I muttered. My father slammed the door open.
"Stop talking to yourself and take your goddamned medication." He yelled the words, allowing them to echo in the small room that was labeled as mine. I swallowed them with some liquid from my orange soda that rested on the desk that was given to me. "Good." He walked out of the room and probably down to the kitchen to get more booze.
Cogstenn closed the door behind him before speaking. "Don't take it personally boy."
I nodded, staring lifelessly at the window once more. There was nothing to say, no emotion to feel.
All I had to do was wait.


~~~~~

I wasn't planning on posting this for about another week, but I felt like it was something that deserved to be shared. Hope you don't think it's utter crap. And even if you do, it's not like it'll get updated regularly. Like most of my favorite stories.
-xoxo Pansy.
Sign up to rate and review this story