Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Stepping Onto The Danger Line

The Hell Hole

by Vengefulscout 1 review

What happens when your inquisitiveness gets the better of you?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-07-30 - Updated: 2011-07-30 - 1353 words

1Ambiance
(Aria’s P.O.V)
The street was so quiet; it seemed like a ghost town. I walked down the cobbled road, silently and tried to be invisible. I hate Monday’s as much as the average student at a school, but mine was worse. It wasn’t the kids at school who bothered me, it was the teachers. You see, one of the teachers seem to have a bad opinion on me. He was called Mr Naylor. He gave me a low grades in English all because I had spelled a word wrong. Pretty unfair? Not in his eyes. He’s called me rude names in the past like “emo kid” or “stupid, naive girl”. He has a thing for me, always trying to get me a detention or try and give me rubbish levels. Mondays were the worst because I had double English.

I was greeted by my 3 best friends, Hala, Chiara and Amber. “Hey Ari!” they called. I smiled and gave them all big hugs “you alright?” asked Hala. I nodded, and then froze. The figure outside the window had slipped back into my mind. “Halloo?” said Chiara, waving a hand in front of my face. “oh, sorry” I said, snapping back to reality “guys I have something to tell you” and I explained about the night before, the man at the window and how the people next door were creeping me out a little “ were you just imagining?” asked Amber. “ No” I replied “I was quite awake and I’m sure someone was kneeling on the ledge” Amber nodded, a little concerned “you better shut your window tight” she said “or you’ll get kidnapped tomorrow” I shuddered “ by who?” Amber laughed “me! To teach you to keep you window shut!” I laughed and heeded her words through the day, until it came to English.

The class fell into a deep, utter silence as Mr Naylor, the devil in a suit, came in. He was grinning “good afternoon kids” he said, slowly and meaningfully “today, we will be doing an assessment, I will write a sentence starter on the board and you must make a story out of it. Go on get on with it and Aria?” I looked up with a look of loathing “make sure you don’t read it wrong, shall I read it out so that you can understand it?” His voice simpered. I scowled “No sir”. He looked surprised “oh, you finally learnt to read! Well done, Kid” He emphasized the last word. I got out a Parker ink pen and wrote the words on the board in my book, furiously. “As I stepped into the room, I heard a loud crash behind me. Suddenly I wondered if this dare was a good idea”. My thoughts then trailed out of the classroom back to Miss Redgewell’s past house. The boys who lived there never seemed to be around. Come to think of it, she had barely seen them leave the house, not in the morning when she left for school or when coming home. I grabbed at my imagination and began to write “the house was cold, even though summer had arrived. I stood in the hallway with my eyes fixed on the end of this stretch of room. I moved forwards, I needed to find the truth” I smiled. Maybe one day, I will find the truth about the house.

What the hell have I done now?! The words spun through my head as I sat, with a few other people in the detention room, “The Hell Hole” me, Amber, Chiara and Hala called it. I’d been here more times than I have been in my form room, which is quite impressive but not in a good way. A teacher, who I recognised with a huge groan in my mind, was Mr Baker, the headmaster. “Miss Aria Miller?” He said “yeah” I said, half asleep “come this way”. Oh no, not again. I’m gonna be stuck here for 1 hour in the room were many students dread. When people enter in here, they are expected to sit, write lines and stare at a blank wall, yay. “You have been sent here by Mr Naylor” said Mr Baker, indicating a chair. Oh, I would never have guessed I thought “so you will stay until 4 ok?” “Fine” I said, sat down and began.

Darkness had fallen over the street now. It was wintertime and bitterly cold. I had no coat or jacket, just the clothes on my back, a skirt, tights, blouse, jumper and black shoes, which are not very helpful to keep out the cold. I shivered as I passed the rows of houses and flats till I came to my road, illuminated by the yellow street lamps. I began to hurry down the quiet street, wanting to get in from the cold, get some coffee and do the science homework Mrs Kerr had set my class. As I came by the Redgewell’s house, thinking about some nice coffee and a warm blanket, I heard something. A piano was playing a song, but a very simple one. G,F#,B,E,D,G,C,B,E,A,D. Then I heard something else, a voice, so soothing, so angelic, it was incredible. I looked round and saw the source was coming from Mrs Redgewell’s house. Don't go over there, you said it yourself, you don’t wanna get involved with them I thought. I moved slowly up the familiar driveway past a silver car, right were Mrs Redgewell’s car used to reside. What are you doing?! You are going to get in so much trouble. I looked around and remembered the back door near the front of the house. The light was on and the melancholy came from there. You’re going to be seen! Go home and forget about it. I walked towards the door and very gently pressed my ear against it. They are going to be so mad at you! The song came through clearly, guitars, bass, drums and the voice. So majestic and the lyrics grabbed my insides.


Do or die, you'll never make me
Because the world will never take my heart
Go and try, you'll never break me
We want it all, we wanna play this part
I won't explain or say I'm sorry
I'm unashamed, I'm gonna show my scar
Give a cheer for all the broken
Listen here, because it's who we are
I'm just a man, I'm not a hero
Just a boy, who had to sing this song
I'm just a man, I'm not a hero
I! Don’t! Care!

We'll carry on
We'll carry on
And though you're dead and gone believe me
Your memory will carry on
We'll carry on
And though you're broken and defeated
Your weary widow marches on

Do or die, you'll never make me
Because the world will never take my heart
Go and try, you'll never break me
We want it all, we wanna play this part (We'll carry on)

Do or die, you'll never make me (We'll carry on)
Because the world will never take my heart (We'll carry on)
Go and try, you'll never break me (We'll carry)
We want it all, we wanna play this part (We'll carry on)


My ear was still at the door when the song had finished and the only sound was a drum which she could only describe as a drum in a marching band. I was struck by a thought; these are the people who moved here a few weeks ago. They seemed so creepy and not that friendly, but this music had almost made my mind change completely. Suddenly I heard footsteps coming closer, up the flight of stairs which, I knew, were behind the door. I panicked and stumbled backwards. I was going to get a huge telling off now and I hated myself for not listening to my head. The door opened.

Duh Duh DUHHHHHH! Hehe, sorry about the cliffhanger, i like doing those! I will update ASAP :D
Emily :)
Sign up to rate and review this story