Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Here I go again...

Chapter 6: Music, Eggs and Electric Impulses

by TheatreGeek 2 reviews

Swings are a great way of getting to know someone.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2011-08-04 - Updated: 2011-08-04 - 582 words - Complete

1Moving
After a quick stop at the corner shop to pick up some Haribo Starmix and shitloads of cheap chocolate, we settled down on the rusty swings, droppng our plastic bag of goodies on the floor. I ripped open the haribos and offered the bag to Gerard. He grinned and took a sweet, then gave the bag back to me. I took out a gummy bear and put it in my mouth in an attempt to stop me saying something stupid.
" So, question time," Gerard said, starting to swing gently, " I'm going to ask you some questions, and you've got to answer, then it's your turn okay?" I nodded, praying I hadn't gone red again, the butterflies started having a mad rave in my stomach and somehow managed to summon some energy to turn towards the beautiful person next to me. "Go on then. Fire away"
" Favourite music, go" He carried on swinging gently, as if a soft breeze was behind him. His big eyes stared intently at me. I looked away, hoping he thought I was thinking.
" I like Muse, The Smashing Pumpkins, David Bowie....all that stuff" wow, how dorky...
" Thats awesome! Its good that you don't like the same stuff that all the other girls our age like, they are all so dull. You're more interesting"
oh my god...
" Thanks, go on, next question" I turned to him and smiled. This was so easy.
" okay... " He closed his eyes for a moment, then looked up at the sky, the traces of a smile on his face. I could definately get used to that look. I looked at my school shoes, black brogues. I hated the shoes the other girls wore. Where was their individuality?
A cracking noise broke my concentration on my shoes, I looked up to see Gerard with his head down, egg yolk running down his black, tangled hair.
" What the fuck?" I said, jumping off my swing and going over to him. " Who threw that?" Gerard just sat there, the egg now dripping down his blazer. I looked across the kids playground to where some teenagers were stood, laughing and jeering.
" Get your hair cut you emo twat!"
" Yeah, go and slit your wrists somewhere else!"
I picked up our plastic bag and grabbed Gerards blazer, pulling him off the swing. " come on, let's go." I walked quickly towards the park gates, avoiding the group of boys, trying to hide the fact I was shitting myself.
" oooohhh! Watch it girlie! Defending your emo boyfriend, are you?" They all jeered with laughter, but thankfully didn't follow us and knife us...I'm not paranoid at all...
I stopped walking and turned to Gerard, who still hadn't said anything. " Are you okay? I'm sorry about that, I didn't know that was going to happen.." I forced myself to look him in the eye. He stared back at me, his eyes dark with embarassment. The egg in his hair was congealing and his blazer and shirt was covered in the stuff.
" I'm fine, I guess I'm used to it. I'm just sick of people jumping to conclusions about me. Thas why I stuck with you today. You didn't. " I looked down at my shoes. " So, can I clean up at yours?" a small smile crept across his lips. I smiled back, happy that he was back to himself again. " Sure. Come on, let's go." I felt as if someone had plugged my spine into the mains electricity. And it felt fantastic.
Sign up to rate and review this story