Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Break Me Down (Bury Me, Bury Me)

by reinventlove152 2 reviews

The untold and untrue story of Mikey Way

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [!!] [V] - Published: 2011-08-07 - Updated: 2011-08-07 - 3087 words - Complete

0Unrated
A/N: What has 4 strings and sparkles like Edward in the sunlight? Mikey Way's bass, of course! So my friend and I were walking down the beach, talking, and the subject of starting a band came up. I told her I'd be happy to play bass for her band, I just needed to learn first. But I don't want to play just any bass. I wanted to indulge in the pleasure of playing the sparklified bass of one Mikey Way. And that one day, Mikey was going to wake up, and his bass was going to be missing. Thus, we made up the following story: 

Mikey Way and his bass guitar have been together a long, long time. Their relationship was a deep and impenetrable fortress of love and understanding, and it was only with his bass that Mikey could truly be himself. Every night Mikey and his bass slept in their somber bridal suite, swaddled in their favorite luxurious satin sheets, blissful in the throes of a deep love. But some grow jealous of Mikey and his bass' connection...some have enough evil in their hearts to tear the bonds between them. They sit in the darkest corners of reality and scheme of a way to take the bass for themselves...someone like that waited in the dark one night..someone called... Kaitlyn. 

   They say there are only two entrances into the House of Way. The first being the front, which is impassable without careful consideration from several guards. The second is one that requires a strength of will more fearsome than most mortals possess. In the velvet night a girl waited, silent. Darkness in her gaze as she watched through the gates of hell, a sleeping boy and his beloved bass. 
Mikey's POV: I slept soundly that night, yet, before I fell into my dreams, I felt a strangers gaze upon my self and my bass..I carefully tucked the covers around her silver and sparkled frame taking special care to not disturb her gilded strings. I slipped in next to her, trying not to wake her from her peaceful slumber. With a soft kiss, and a final worrisome glance around the room, searching for that mysterious presence  I closed my eyes and fell asleep to her intoxicating smell.
My POV: It was hot, cramped and suffocatingly stuffy in the tiny corner I was currently crammed into, but if I had come this far, there was no turning back. The House of Way was one I had been utterly captivated and fascinated by for a long while now, and with the help of  a stolen floor plan, I had found a way to steal into it through the ungodly back entrance that had almost forced me to turn back. I had lost my precious gas mask in the labrinyth on the way in, and was currently inhaling a mild sedative gas that I had previously rigged to put Mikey into a deep slumber. It had quickly worked on him, and now was trying to drag me under it's spell as well. In a last ditch effort to keep me awake and to heighten my senses, I had downed four RedBulls right after losing my beloved gas mask, and they were currently saving my ass. I shook my head, clearing away my wandering thoughts. I had to keep on track or this whole deal would be off. I needed a bass, and what better a bass than that of Mikey Way? My fingers would soon pluck and tame the same strings as Mikey's had previously. That bass was meant for me, and all I needed to do was reach out and take it. And with Mikey and his bass a mere meter away, I did exactly that. But something was different in his perfectly chiseled face. My eyes wandered over his features for several long moments before I realized what it was. His sleeping face seemed more relaxed than the usual, his lips no longer were held tight in a perpetual grimace; he slept peacefully, and It tugged at my heart. Could I really steal his beloved bass from him, for my own selfish purposes? I stole another glance at his face, my fingers trembling around the neck of his bass. It was so serene and beautiful, it almost made me feel sorry for him. Almost. With a swift lunge, I slipped her out of the sheets from right beside him. Mine at last, into the night we ran.
Mikey's POV
I knew it was a dream, yet it was different than any I had ever had before..I was on stage and we were doing Goodnite dr.death, I was playing my bass and she was singing her sweet songs but as I changed chords, I couldnt feel her..I looked down expecting her silvery sparkled frame and all I saw was the face of a pink haired demon. The ghoulish face kept with me through the night. As I awoke, I was expecting her firm body against my morning wood, I sleepily leaned over to offer her a breathy good-morning and she wasnt there. I saw the face and with it a name : Kaitlyn. The image was too much to bear, I was sinking, drowning, I felt my eyes crying but I couldnt see. I stood up on shaking legs and walked straight out into the street. I fell to the pavement, and let out a single howl, the name came to my lips once more... Kaitlyn.
My POV: Seeing him in the street, still in his tasteless pajamas, sobbing to the skies; the image was laughable. He was no longer a man, I had taken that from him just as I had taken his only source of happiness. I glaced over to the other side of the abandoned seventh story apartment I had taken residence in, she was still there, it wasnt all a dream. She called to me, it seemed as if she softly played her music even as she rested, whispering inspiration at me, shimmering with sparkling possibility. I touched her and a feeling of melancholy guilt swept over me. I could still feel him, Mikey Way was still a part of her. I returned to my window and gazed at the poor, broken form of the man laying crumpled in the street. Guilt tugged at me, but another glance at the beautiful creature in my arms assuaged me. I could see Mikey's lips moving, and I opened the window the tiniest crack to hear his words. He was singing "Disenchanted." I sat there, staring at him as tears ran down my face at the sheer heart break of it all, when the magical moment was shattered by the sound of the House of Way's front door slamming open. Gerard looked around, scanning the surrounding area for his brother, when his eyes found him. A shriek escaped his lips and he rushed into the street. "Mikey??" he screamed, yanking him out of the fetal position and onto his back. He noticeably relaxed when he saw his baby brother was still alive. 
Mikey POV: I glared at the elder Way through my tear of loathing. "What's wrong, Kid?" he asked, pleased I was alive. I wished a car would come and run me over to take me from my misery. "She's gone," I choked out. Gerard grew alarmed. "Alicia?" I rolled my eyes. "No...my... My... My darling!!!" I screamed in agony. I saw the pieces click in Gerard's mind. "you're bass?" he sniggered. My hand reached up and gripped his collar. "Do not laugh at her!" I growled. Gerard fought back a smile. "Okay, Mikes. And, uh, who took you're bass?" My eyes narrowed. "The pink haired she-devil." Gerard's eyebrows drew together in confusion. "Who?" I sighed in exasperation. "The witch we met before the show in Orlando. The pink she-devil." Gerard thought for a moment. "Oh, that.... Kaitlyn! That was her name. Kaitlyn. She was really nice. I liked her." "I sensed her witch powers. I knew. And then I saw her slut eyes devouring my lover when we were on stage." Gerard snorted. "You are full of shit. You know that? Blaming that poor little girl. Seriously. If this is what happens when you get fed, then its going to have to stop for a while." I whimpered. "Take my food. I have no reason to live." 
My POV: I watched the events unfold between the Brothers' Way, gently strumming Mikey's bass. I had no prior knowledge of how to play the instrument, but there was something magical about this bass. My fingers seemed to be guided over it, strumming the notes to Disenchanted on their own accord. Fortune had smiled on me, and I had been blessed with the perfect bass. And it was never going back. 
Mikey POV: Dear diary, Gerard locked me in my room again. He says it's for 'everyones safety.' I think he's just jealous that I'm more attractive than him. It's not normally so lonely in my room. But now that my sparkly lover is gone... I'm forever Alone. The pink witch will never return my beloved. Not willingly. So I'll have to pry it from her cold, dead hands. Love, Mikey. Ps. I broke the poker face. I think it's permanently broken. I haven't stopped crying all day. 
Gerard POV: Dear diary, my brother is an idiot. He thinks some pink haired teenager took his bass. I was hurt by his snide remarks on her hair color. My hair is oddly colored. Does he think I'm a red haired she-devil? Oh, wait. I'm a man. Right. Well, maybe he thinks I'm just a devil then. I'm scared and confused. Xoxo, g.
P.s. Remember to not feed Mikey for a while. The excessive nutrients make him delusional.
P.p.s. Remember to re-dye your hair later. It's starting to fade.
P.p.p.s Call Frank. Tell him to come over before tour starts so we can sing Destroya together. He'll know what I mean. ;)
Mikey POV: I waited until I heard the soft sounds of my Brothers snoring before I stole from the house. I had to use Hell's gates to exit, since Gerard had alerted the guards of my probable escape. I talked to some Demons while I was down there. They had seen the pink devil. She had hidden there the night she stole my darling. A roar of anguish escaped my lips. I had to find her! 
My POV: I knew that Mikey would soon be on my trail, and I need to leave L.A. Fast. As darkness fell, I left the abandoned apartment and headed off due East. I would go where no man nor stick bug could find me. I smiled in evil triumph. This was perfect.
Frank POV: I awoke to the sound of pounding on my door. Groaning,  I climbed from my bed and answered the door. When I opened it, I saw a black shadow. I blinked groggily. When I opened my eyes again, there was nothing there. Shrugging, I closed and locked my door again. My many dogs whined at me on my way back to bed, and I pat a few on the head. What I didn't notice were the silver sparkles on their skulls. What I didn't notice was the door opening and closing again. 
Mikey POV: Rays of sun were beginning to blossom on the horizon. I had searched all night, the trail going almost completely cold at some points, but my work had paid off. I had finally reached the pink she-devils new layer. The Iero residence. 
My POV: I was safe. I was in the clear. Michael James Way would never see his bass again. Their was no way he would ever track me to my location after the evidence I'd planted at Frank's. It had pained me to do so, I adored Frank in all his midget glory, but I had to deter Mikey somehow, didn't I?
Mikey POV: I couldnt believe my eyes. There was glitter on his hands. One of my best friends had betrayed me. Had stolen my bass. My hands twitched towards him. He. Would. Pay.
Frank POV: I woke with a jolt at the sudden sensation of not being able to breathe. An enraged Mikey stood above me, his hands wrapped around my neck. I knocked them away, gasping. "What the Fu-" "You stole me beloved!" he cried, lunging towards me. I dodged his hands. "What are you talking about? I would never steal Alicia! I have Jamia!" "Not Alicia! My bass! You stole my bass." I froze, astounded. "I did what?" he sneered at me. "Look at your hands. Look at the evidence and tell me otherwise." I looked down at my hands. They were covered in glitter. I stared at them, confused. "Mikey, I'm a guitarist. Why the hell would I want your bass?" he opened his mouth to speak, and then froze, perplexed. "You didn't steal my bass." he said slowly. I shook my head. "The she-devil framed you." "Um.. Sure?" Mikey thought for a moment. And then grinned maniacally. "And I know exactly where she is." Mikey turned and fled and I stared after him in bewilderment. I shook my head slowly, getting ready to crawl back into my bed when my cell phone rang. I checked the screen. "Gerard." I grinned and answered. "Hi, sexy." I purred. I heard Gerard swallow. "Hi, Frankie baby. Do you wanna come over? We could maybe, uh, sing Destroya together. You know, to prep for tour?" my grin grew broader as I listened to Gerard. "Sure, honey. I'll be right there." I hung up an called for Dog 738583829, giving her orders to hold down fort while I was gone. And then I left.
My POV: I hear footsteps rapidly approaching. Oh God. He's found me. I don't know how, but he's found me. Then they faded away. I frowned, confused. I heard Gerard's door open and then a gasp. "Hot damn, Gee. You know I love it when you wear that." I heard giggling. "That's exactly why I wore it, sugar." More laughter. I was both amused and puzzled. I had expected Mikey to either maim or kill Frank. But he was clearly here, engaging in sexual exploitations with Gerard. Hmph. 
MIkey POV: I grip the knife tightly in my hands. I throw back my closet door and see her there. Her body is in front of my love. Protecting her. I snarl, a wild animal sound. And then I attack. I slash viciously with my knife, the serrated edge tearing through flesh, muscle, tendons and ligaments. The shocked expression in her eyes pleases me. The scream that had built in her throat would never be released as I ripped my blade across her windpipe. I let out a maniacal laugh, continuing to slash and stab. She is long dead now, but I can't stop. No. No. This isn't me. I haven't done this. It was her. My bass. She did it. In a jealous fit of rage, she killed the girl. I press the blade to my throat, gasping. "And now you've turned it on me. You traitor. I loved you." the blade presses harder. "Love! Love! I meant love!" the pressure eases slightly. 
Gerard POV: I hear Mikey scream and I immediately sit up, pushing Frankie off me. "Mikes?" I call, frightened. I leap off the bed and yank open Mikey's door, forgetting that I'm wearing litle more than a corset, thong, garters and high heels. My brother is lying in a pool of blood, pressing a knife to his own throat. I see the girl lying near him. I freeze. "Mikey? What are you doing? Mikey, you don't have to kill yourself over this! You didn't mean it! Just put the knife down, Mikey! Please, please put it down?!" he looks at me, clearly terrified. "Don't let her kill me too, Gee." he points a trembling hand at his bass. "Dont let her kill me." and then the knife slides across his throat.
Mikey POV: I can't believe she cut me. I can't believe it. I gasp for breath, trying to stay alive. I have to stay alive. For Gerard. For the pink-haired girl. And yes, even for my lover.
Gerard POV: it's been a year since all that shit happened. A year since my brother killed one of our fans. A year since the end of our band.
Mikey POV: everything was red. Dripping deep, dark red. My throat. The floor. My hands. My darling was dripping rubies when I reached her. But I cradled her in my arms regardless. It didn't matter what she'd done. I could forgive her sins. She was my perfect angel. 
Gerard POV: there was blood everywhere. I called the police and the ambulance. Mikeys cut was non-fatal, thank the Lord. He spent some time in the hospital, and was put on trial for   First degree murder of Kaitlyn following his release. He was found guilty, but was also deemed mentally insane.  
Mikey POV: now, everything is white. They took away my darling, but I'm okay with that. She needed to be punished for the crime she committed. They took me to a little white room, where everything is soft and white and beautiful. They put this white jacket on me too. It's sleeves hold my arms down and keep me from dirtying the pretty white room. 
Gerard POV: they took him to an institute for the criminally insane. I visit him pretty frequently. Sometimes i visit him in person, when he's lucid. More often than not, i just observe. Not that he sees me or knows i was there. But I go and watch him. He always does the same thing, rocks back and forth, murmuring sweet nothings to someone. Telling his story. Or just smiling. Always smiling. 
Mikey POV: I see Gerard a lot. I don't think he can see me. But I can see him. I'm afraid that he'll hurt me. Because he's not beautiful. He may be perfect, but I'm beautiful. 
Gerard POV: he gets this murderous look in his eyes sometimes and starts screaming for his bass. It scares me a little, but i cant help but find it funny, because I sold his bass. And there's no doubt in my mind that If they ever let him out of here... He'll kill me. 
Sign up to rate and review this story