Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Go Ahead and Burn it Down.

Watching, Waiting, Commiserating

by XxLiveyourlifExX 1 review

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2011-08-08 - Updated: 2011-08-09 - 1070 words - Complete

0Unrated
Watching, Waiting, Commiserating

Stacy and Chris got off the plane in Miami. Alex from the company greeted them and led them to a waiting car. They were meeting the boys at the hotel, the band had some press to do a couple days before. Unfortunately, Sara and Becca couldn’t go. Becca had a week of orientation and parent and staff meetings at her school and Sara was at her second week of her new job.

At the hotel, Alex gave them the suite number and told them the boys’ call was at 4 PM the next day. The girls rode the elevator impatiently and ran down the hall to the room, dragging their bags. They quietly opened the door with the key Alex had given them and slipped into the room. Andy was sitting on the couch in the living room of the suite and the girls froze. He looked at them surprised. They weren’t supposed to be there until the next day. Chris held a finger to her lips and Andy smiled. The two girls put down their bags and went to hug Andy. Then he graciously directed them to the rooms their boyfriends would be in. When Chris stepped into the room Andy indicated was Pete’s, she was disappointed to find it empty.

“Hey there, starshine.” Pete’s voice came from behind her and arms went around her waist.

She turned in his hold to see him grinning, a towel wrapped around his waist, obviously just
out of the shower. She twined her arms around his neck and kissed him. “Hi.”

“You’re one up on me with the surprises,” he said.

“I am just that awesome,” Chris said. He leaned in to kiss her again. Chris kicked his door shut softly.

“Mmmhmm.”

The two continued on with their…reunion.

They emerged later to go to dinner with the others. After dinner, they all returned to watch movies and television until the wee hours of the morning. The next day they all woke up later in the morning. By two, they managed to be dressed and ready to go. The boys had to play a few hours before the actual award show, so Stacy and Chris wore what they typically would wear to a show.

Before Matty died, when Stacy and Chris went to shows where their friends were playing, they always helped with load in. Consequently, they had become quite skilled at plugging things in and tuning guitars and all that stuff. The boys did their usual check, but something was a little off. They were nervous. Chris remembered in the dressing room in Austin, Patrick blushing at a compliment from Becca. The boys left the stage and Chris and Stacy went around doing last minute things. Chris ran back to where the boys were sitting to get extra picks for the boys.

“Hey there.” The boys looked up at her but didn’t say anything. “What’s wrong?”

“Nerves,” Patrick mumbled.

“You guys know you’re awesome, right?” Chris asked.

“This is gonna be on television. Live. Not like a video where we do it over and over. Way more people will be watching than all the people who came out to our shows this last tour,” Pete said sounding more nervous than Chris had ever heard him.

Chris kissed the top of his head. “Y’all will do great. I promise.” She grabbed the extra picks and blew all the boys kisses. Back out on stage she asked one of the MTV people for a couple pieces of paper, a marker, and some tape. She was sticking picks into microphone stand when Stacy came to stand next to her. “They’re nervous.”

“I know.”

Someone appeared with the stuff she asked for. “Thanks.” To Stacy she said, “Notes?”

“Ya.”

It was something they did every once and a while. They wrote out things like “You’re great” and “show ‘em what you’ve got!” on pieces of paper and taped them to the floor of the stage next to the microphone or, in Andy’s case, the base drum pedal. Normally, with a show when they were playing more then one song, this was the place a set list would be, but tonight, they were just playing Sugar, so the notes took precedent.

Then the two girls went offstage. Chris hoisted her self up onto an empty case and sat there, legs dangling, Stacy leaning next to her. The boys came out, but they were going directly on stage, so Stacy and Chris just waved and cheered.

They started to play. Chris winced in the first couple moments of the song. Something was off. Someone in the audience booed. Stacy jerked like she was going to go after them. Chris held her shoulder to keep her in place. Patrick looked over to them. They gave him a thumbs up and Chris pointed to the floor. He looked down confusedly, then a smile came across his face. Immediately, he began to sound more confident. The other boys looked at him then over to Stacy and Chris. Again they pointed at the floor. They all looked down. Then it was just like a Chicago show. Joe and Pete flailing around, Patrick hitting all his notes, Andy killing it on the drums, and Chris and Stacy dancing backstage.

Tremendous applause followed the performance. As soon as the cameras cut, the boys came off stage.

“Great job!” Stacy said, hugging first her boyfriend then the rest of the boys.

“Awesome!” Chris declared from her perch.

“Thanks for the note,” Patrick said. “I think it saved us.”

“We know,” Chris said smiling. “Remember the first show? You could barely speak, Trick. So for the next one we put the signs on the floor?” He nodded. “We know you. We’re your best friends.”

Patrick pulled her off the case she was sitting on and twirled her around. She was giggling when he set her down. The others hugged her as well. Chris saved Pete for last. He pulled her to him and buried his face in her hair. He whispered a thank you and kissed her cheek.

“Excuse me,” some guy with a headset interrupted, “We have to get the next act in.”

A/N: FicWad is being a little retarded. I hope this chapter (and the one before) posts. That'd be great. Hope you enjoy. Love, Corri
Sign up to rate and review this story