Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco

Audience of One

by Wicked_Lovely 2 reviews

And there goes the world.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy - Published: 2011-08-08 - Updated: 2011-08-09 - 1104 words - Complete

4Moving
The buildings were ablaze, the sound of screams being drowned out with the music that played in the background. They stood atop a hill, watching as their city burned to the ground.
They all knew that they should have stayed, that they should have tried to help. But they were careless reckless and free. It was something they had to do. For the end of days. They had written their words on the bricks, sketched them into the concrete that they used to stand on.
But they ran away.
They never knew what they were running from, they just knew that they had to. So many seconds were lost. Their lives wasted. And now they were all that was left. The only thing they had to do was celebrate as the world came to a halt. They had to celebrate the end of days.
Every minute they had wasted watching the sun rise and set seemed to be etched in their memory, each one being able to recall every lazy day.
They ran away from everything they had outgrown, and now it was just them and the end of the world.
It was going straight to hell, each person knowing that they were getting dragged down with it. They didn't act the way everyone else seemed to when they heard the news; While everyone else sprinted into a panic, all they did was laugh. They grabbed their alcohol, drinking it on the streets, they ran from the cops, from the raiders, the riots, they ran from everything. Even when they should have stayed.
They didn't regret anything. What was there to regret? While most of the people were all expecting something to happen to save them all, they knew better. There was no hope to be rescued, it really was the end of everything. So they skipped and sang, knowing all they could do was watch the flames.
"This was a good idea." Ryan mumbled as he held Brendon's hand.
"Who knew the end would be so beautiful?" Pete said as he stared at the flames, his legs dangling as Patrick sat cross-legged next to him.
"It's such a perfect day out." Spencer hummed as he rested against Jon, their fingers laced.
"Cheers to the end." William said as he and Gabe passed the bottles around. The ten boys all clanked their bottles together, swallowing every drop before throwing the bottles over the edge of the hill.
The city had been rotting from the inside for years, it was only a matter of time for it to fall to pieces. And they knew that they were never going home.
"You know, I'm probably going to sound like a dick for saying this, but fuck 'em." Andy said from where he stood, watching the world before them fall to shambles. "They had it coming."
"We all did." Brendon said as he rested his head on Ryan's shoulder.
Their view was crystal clear; Cars burning, buildings falling, smoke rising, the sun setting.
"I'm glad I could end it with you guys." Patrick said with a content smile.
The air smelled like smoke, ash, and every other spring day.
"So this is it then? After this it's just a blank nothingness." Jon spoke slowly, his words affecting the group more than he realized.
The storm clouds were rolling away, leaving a pink orange and purple sunset in their wake. The colors contrasted against the grey clouds, yet matched that of the flames.
"It does seem kind of pointless now, doesn't it? Like your whole life has been a pointless loop of disaster." William said as he passed his bottle back and forth between Joe, Andy, and Gabe.
The grass beneath them was a spring green, the blades looking glossy from the rain, the dirt soft against their feet.
"It wasn't pointless. Worthless and useless, maybe, but it wasn't pointless. It's worth it to wake up everyday and know that you can go out and have a little bit of fun. To see what happens when you rip the world apart. I never thought of it as pointless, and I won't as long as I have friends like you." Ryan said as he drank from the bottle he and Brendon were sharing.
Lightning hit behind them, none of them flinching or turning to see it as the light flashed and the thunder roared. The tape they were playing ended, allowing the sound of the screams not to far from them to pierce their ears.
"Do you think dying hurts?" Spencer mumbled.
"Who cares if it hurts? I'm not afraid to die. I've lived my life to the fullest, and I'm fine with dying right now. So who cares if it hurts a little? At least we made it to the end." Gabe said as he squeezed William's hand.
"The end of everything...It's tragic how perfect it is." Pete said with a small laugh.
"Another round of drinks, and I say we jump." Ryan said with a small smile.
"I'm all over that." Brendon said with a laugh. Another round of drinks were passed around, the whole world turning into a red and orange ball of fire, the colors blending and blurring to nothing.
"On the count of three then?" Joe asked as everyone stood on the edge of the hill. They were all hand in hand, looking at the stories that lead to the pit of rocks at the bottom. It was less like a hill, now that they all looked over the edge. Maybe it was more of a cliff, a high cliff leading to the end.
"One." They all counted at the same time, knowing that they would always be in everything together. "Two." All together, we're alone. "Three." And there goes the world.


~~~~~

This is only a one-shot, and it'll be the last thing I post until I finish the next chapter of Life Is Full Of False Hopes. (I'm just going to call it Life from now on, kay?) So don't expect anything for a few more days. I don't know how long it will take to finish writing it considering the fact that I've only done about a quarter of it so far.
Any who, this story is based off of the song Audience of One by Rise Against. (Who would have guessed?) Well, it's kind of based off of it. Little bits and pieces. Okay, enough of me rambling on and on. This will NOT have any other chapters, even though I probably could make more. Just keep that in mind.
And look forward to more chapters of non-oneshots.
-xoxo Pansy.
Sign up to rate and review this story