Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Go Ahead and Burn it Down.

Place Your Hand In Mine, I'll Leave When I Wanna

by XxLiveyourlifExX 1 review

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2011-08-11 - Updated: 2011-08-11 - 1597 words - Complete

0Unrated
Place Your Hand In Mine, I'll Leave When I Wanna

The next day…well the shit hit the fan.

There was a pounding on Pete and Chris’ door at ten in the morning. Chris, supremely hungover and staggering, pulled open the door. “What?”

It was Alex. He looked pissed and was holding a computer in his hand. “There are some very important people that are very upset with you.”

“With me?” Pete asked, sitting up. “What did I do this time?”

“Not with you. Well, yes with you. But they’re also mad at you.” He gestured to Chris.

“What did I do?”

He just turned the computer toward her. There was a webpage pulled up. There was a headline that read something like “Fall Out Boy Shares Girls.” Chris looked at the pictures. There was one of Pete kissing Chris before he walked out onto the carpet with the boys. Then another of her on Joe’s back. One of Andy spinning her around backstage. The last one was of Pete, Chris, and Joe, arms linked walking into a hotel.

The article read: “Fall Out Boy saw one of it’s first mainstream victories last night. And they had a very special…friend…there to share in their success. This mystery girl seems to be very well acquainted with the members of the band. Seen pre-show blowing kisses to the group, she then engaged in PDAs with almost every member of the band.”

At this point Chris stopped reading. She couldn’t because she was laughing so hard.

“What is it?” Pete asked.

“Apparently,” Chris said, still laughing, “I am the band slut.”

“What?!” Pete obviously didn’t get why it was so funny.

“According to this article, I’m involved with every member of the band.”

Pete was now standing next to her, reading over her shoulder. It wasn’t long until he was laughing too.

“I don’t understand why this is so funny,” Alex said, exasperated.

“Because it’s not true,” Chris said.

“I don’t understand why you’re so upset about this,” Pete said.

Alex just sighed and left the room. Pete and Chris looked at each other and collapsed into giggles, Chris leaning into Pete. When they calmed down, Pete kissed her temple.

“Careful,” Chris said with a grin. “One of my many other boyfriends might see and get jealous.”

They started laughing again. Later that morning they shared the article with the others and they all had a god laugh. But then it got less funny. Pete got an angry call from the record company saying that if he was gonna bring Chirs, and the other girls, for that matter, they needed to stay out of the headlines. Just the fact that Pete had a girlfriend pissed them off. They said he needed to be as ‘marketable’ as possible. Of course, ‘marketable’ meant ‘single.’

After much swearing about the record company by Pete and the other boys, Chris and Stacy managed to calm them down.

“We’ll just tone it down a bit,” Chris said.

“Ya, we don’t mind,” Stacy added.

“That’s not fair,” Patrick said. “By keeping you out of the headlines, they mean not taking you anywhere.”

“Do we get to come to shows?” Chris asked from her seat next to Pete.

“Well, ya,” Pete answered.

“Are you still gonna be my boyfriend if I can’t come out to these fancy events?” Chris questioned.

“Obviously.”

“Then I don’t see why it’s a problem,” Chris said. “The best part about my best friends being in a rock band is getting to go see shows for free. The rest is gravy.”

Pete’s arm tightened around her. “You’re the best, did you know?”

“In fact, I did know that,” she said, smirking up at him.

**

The drama from the VMAs died down pretty quickly, but the girls, after discussing it with Becca and Sara, had been true to their word about staying out of the spotlight. Sara was busy with her new job as was Becca. Stacy was starting the school year too. Chris was spending all of her time with the boys. Sometimes they were all hanging out at Pete’s or she would be playing video games with Joe and Andy or working on music with Patrick.
It was a Tuesday afternoon and Chris was hanging out at Patrick’s alone, waiting for the boys to come home from a meeting. She was watching television laying on the couch when the boys clambered into the apartment. Before she knew it, Joe was bouncing on the couch next to her feet and the other boys where gathered around her.

“Well hello,” Chris said, pushing herself up so she was sitting.

“We have a surprise!” Joe sing songed, still bouncing.

“And that would be?”

“We’re going on tour in a couple of weeks,” Patrick said, “With some of our favorite people.”

“The Nintendo Fusion Tour,” Andy continued. “31 cities, starting in two weeks.”

“How fun,” Chris said, smiling even though her heart was breaking a little bit. They were
leaving. She’d be on her own. Her other three best friends were working. She’d probably have to go back to Austin. She couldn’t go stay with her parents, that was for sure.

Pete was sitting on the floor, leaning against the couch, he head tilted back, watching her intently. He saw the sadness in her eyes. “None of that,” he said, grinning. “That’s the best part of the surprise.”

“What?” Chris asked, confused.

“We want you to come with us,” Pete said.

“Really?” Chris exclaimed, the sadness leaving and excitement setting in.

“Of course,” Patrick said. “How could we go anywhere without you? Especially if you don’t have anything else going on…”

She was now hugging all of them and they started planning their trip.

**

Five weeks later, they were in the middle of tour and they were driving through the middle of nowhere like they had been for weeks. It was the middle of the night and Chris was awake, on the phone with Brendon, planning out their kickball strategy. Tomorrow was the final game of the five game series they had been playing the last four days. The teams were tied two to two. Chris and Brendon really wanted to win.

At the beginning of the tour, Chris had lots of opportunities to hang out with everyone since she didn’t really have much to do. But everyone was so busy that the guys didn’t have any time to hang out with the people from other bands. So Chris had had an epic idea. Kickball. They split into two teams of twelve, all mixed. They would play five games and then they would switch teams. That way everyone got to play with everyone else. They were keeping track of who won and at the end of tour, whatever person (or people) won the most games would win some to be determined prize. Chris had gotten everyone two different color shirts that said ‘Nintendo Plays Outside’ and, depending on which team you were on that week, you wore that color shirt.

This was the third series they had played. Brendon and Chris had each won a series and they were determined to make it two.

“No no no! We need to put-“ Chris abruptly stopped talking, glaring at the boy who just walked into the room. “I have to go, Bren. Spiesssssss.”

“Rude,” Pete said, running a hand through his hair, smiling. “Are you done planning your world domination? Oh, I’m sorry, I meant kickball victory?”

“You had it right with world domination,” Chris said.

“Uh huh.” He dropped a kiss on her head. “And what have you got planned?”

“Silly Pete. I can’t tell you that. You’re the enemy.”

He just laughed. “If I don’t ask about your precious game, will you come to bed?” He asked.
“I can’t sleep.”

She mock-sighed. “I guess I could do that.” She send a brief text to Brendon, “Bedtime. Battle planning at breakfast?” Then she stood and followed Pete to bed.

The game was set for one o’clock. Chris and Brendon called the team together at lunch to talk strategy. Chris and Joe were the only ones on their bus on the green team that day.

“We’re soooo gonna kick your asses today,” Joe announced as they got on the bus.

“Doubt it,” Pete said lazily from his chair.

“Don’t listen to him, Joey. We’re def gonna win.”

“Oh we’ll see about that,” Patrick said, emerging from the back of the bus.

Chris started to laugh as she looked at her friend. He had on someone’s red team shirt (it wasn’t his because it was wayyy too tight) and some ill fitting purple athletic shorts and tall white socks. He pulled this look together with a headband worn across his forehead.
“Wait,” she exclaimed, “Are those my clothes?!”

He did the whole ‘half-crouched, a finger to pursed lips’ before saying, “I’ll never tell!”
“Trick!” Chris started to launch herself toward him.

Joe caught her around the middle. “Don’t waste your energy. Let’s just go change.”

He carried her to the back to change. A few minutes later, all kidded out with their matching shirts and green face paint. Joe was carrying Chris on her back and they were chanting about how awful the red team was.

A/N: I'd really like some reviews pleassssssssse =)
Sign up to rate and review this story