Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Where Is My Mind?

Have You Ever Been Low? Have You Ever Had A Friend That Let You Down?

by i-stole-the-cookies 1 review

Here's the next chapter! Enjoy!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2011-08-13 - Updated: 2011-08-13 - 1262 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Eight

A week later and there was still two weeks left of the tour and I couldn't handle being around anyone because everyone was always around Gerard and Anna. I stayed in my bunk on the Green Day bus, unless I was needed with Green Day. I hung out alone in my hotel rooms except when Billie, Mike and Tré insisted on being there. The nights were the hardest. I even snuck into Billie's room one night so I wouldn't be alone.

"Roxy?" I heard Frank calling one day as I was getting on the Green Day bus. I turned to look at him but I continued to get on the bus. "Roxy, what's wrong?" He asked. He came onto the bus.
"Why would anything be wrong?"
"You're walking around like a zombie. Seriously, you look like you walked out of Night of The Living Dead." Frank said. "What's wrong baby?" He asked softly.

So I told him everything. I told him about Gerard and how he lied to me. I told him about every thing we said to each other.

"Oh my God." Frank said after I had finished. He sounded kind of like Janice from Friends. "I can't believe Gerard would do that."
"Well he did." I said. "I'm not making this up. You know how it is, I couldn't be with you because of how I felt about him. Feel. Felt. Whatever!" I stood up and walked about. "I can't stand being near anyone. Especially him."
"Maybe you should leave the tour." Frank suggested.
"I can't do that, I've got a job to do." I replied. "Frank, I'd really like to be alone right now, so if you wouldn't mind?"
"No, sure. Just call me if you need anything." Frank replied.
"Thank you. You're a good friend." I told him. He smiled weakly and left.

A few minutes after Frank left there was a small knock on the bus door. I took my hands out my hands, mopped my face a bit and answered.

"Can we talk?" Gerard asked when I opened the door. I just slammed the door in his face. "Roxy! Please, let me explain." There were a few muffled voices and then I heard someone smacking someone. I rushed to the door and saw Mike standing over Gerard.
"Mike!" I yelled. "Get in here! Both of you!" Mike helped Gerard up and they both scrambled into the bus. "Mike! You had no right to do that! Gerard? Are you bleeding?
"Yes..." He muttered. I went and got an antiseptic wipe. I placed it on his lip and he winced.
"That hurt?" I asked. He nodded. I pressed it harder. "Good."
"I'm sorry, Gerard." Mike said. "Roxy is like a little sister to all of us. What you did to her has been annoying me for days."
"Its alright, Mike."
"Good. Now thats cleared up..." I stormed off the bus and went to find Billie. I had made a decision and I was sticking with it.

I found Billie on his way back from somewhere with Mikey and Tré. I had tears in my eyes but I had to do what I had to do.

"Billie, I'm leaving." I told him.
"Don't do this Roxy." He said with a perfectly serious face.
"I have to. I'm sorry you guys but its just too hard. I have to get away." I explained.
"What's going on?" Mikey asked.
"Your brother is an asshole, that's what." Tré said. I shook my head but Tré didn't stop. "Gerard and Roxy were going to be together, but what he failed to mention was that he had a girlfriend already."
"Roxy..." Mikey mumbled. "I'm gonna kill him."
"Don't bother Mikey. Mike already punched him." I told him. "Don't think less of your brother, please." I begged. "I'm gonna go back to my dad's." I explained to Billie. He had tears in his eyes.
"At least stay and watch this show." He said. "Please?" I nodded and went to pack.

When I got the bus, Gerard was still there and he was talking things over with Mike. I just went straight to my bunk and emptied it of everything that was mine. Photos, books, cds, the lot.

I found my rucksack and packed all my clothes in it. Mike and Gerard only watched.

"What are you doing?" Gerard asked. Of course he would ask.
"I'm leaving. I'm staying until the end of tonight's show and then I'm gone." I spat at him. "I won't be here to interrupt you and your perfect girlfriend's life together."
"Roxy..." Mike muttered. He stood up and pulled me into a hug. I hugged him back and cried my eyes out. I heard Gerard leave the bus and I heard someone come in. They came over and hugged behind me. From the smell I could tell it was Frank. This hug reminded of the day me and Frank made up after that big fight. I think this was a fight I was going to lose.

**

I watched as Billie bounced around the stage like a child. There was only song left to do and then I was out of here. I promised to wait a few minutes after the show so the guys could say goodbye properly. They played the last few notes of the song and the crowd went wild.

"This next song, is called Wake Me Up When September Ends." Billie said into his microphone. "I'd like to dedicate it to my father and our P.A Roxy who is leaving us tonight. Thanks for all your help Roxy Roller, you've been a great friend to us all." I wasn't expecting that. Tears filled my eyes as they played the song.

Half way through, Billie started crying too. I felt someone touch my shoulder, Mikey was standing there watching too. I wrapped my arms around his small frame and kissed his cheek. He kissed the top of my head.

"Roxy Roller?" He asked. "I thought you hated nicknames."
"I do, but Roxy Roller is what my mom used to call me too." I replied. "I've never told anyone that."
"You don't speak about her anymore do you?" I shook my head.
"She named me after the song." I said to him. I felt like my chest had been released and I could breathe again. I never spoke about my mom. I hadn't even been to her grave. I didn't even know where her grave was. "Oh and thanks Mikey, for keeping my secret all these years. I knew it couldn't have been easy, considering Gerard is your older brother and you tell him everything."
"Besides my brother, Roxy, you are the most important person in my life. I love you like you were own sister." Mikey wiped a tear from his eye. "I only wish things had worked out better with Gerard."
"Me too, Mikey." I hugged him tightly and then he gave me a small kiss on the lips before Frank called for him to go do an aftershow interview with him. I gave them both a small smile and a wave.

The song finished and the band came off stage. Tré hugged me instantly and then passed me to Mike. Billie Joe was wiping his face of tears and sweat.

"That was beautiful." I told him. He nodded and I hugged him. "Thank you for the dedication."
"Its your favourite. Figured it was the least we could do." Billie said. He hugged me again and then let me go.

They all let me go.
Sign up to rate and review this story