Categories > Original > Horror > Ruby

Garnet

by cosmicsapphire 0 reviews

Category: Horror - Rating: G - Genres:  - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2011-08-16 - Updated: 2011-08-16 - 321 words

0Unrated
When I opened my eyes, all I could see was black. Black with a hint of red, like dried blood. I tried to speak, but no sound came out. It was like someone had cut my tongue out. I sensed some movement over to my right, so I focussed my gaze over there. A small slit of orange, flickering light had appeared, and was drawing closer. But I couldn't hear any footsteps. Nothing. Nothing but the slight rustle of clothing.
"Nice to see you've finally woken up" the voice said. The figure was wearing a black cloak, darker than the night itself, with a blood red lining. "Not many people do, you know. They choose to stay in the halfway place, rather than come and meet their fate. You're a brave one, for your fate is unpleasant, to say the least. This is where you have a choice to make. You can either stay here and face your nightmares, or you can come with me and face your fate. Fate is kind, but only if you follow your path. Choose."
What the hell? I had so many questions running through my mind but no time to ask them. What was my fate? Where was I? And what are my nightmares? I didn't really want to stay here by myself, especially not it this figure was going to take the light away.
"I... I'll meet my fate." I whispered.
"Good choice. Follow me." the figure said.
As we walked, I realised that the voice hadn't been male or female, and the way the cloak fell disguised their body so I couldn't tell. Who was this person? They seemed to notice my gaze, because it turned around and stopped walking. My mouth fell open. They had no face, just eyes that were emerald green, and a mouth full of needle sharp fangs rested in the middle of the cloak's hood.
"What are you?"
Sign up to rate and review this story