Categories > TV > CSI > Sky of Red

chapter 1

by redtyrant 0 reviews

They were unprepared; completely and utterly unprepared. Death came in the form of creatures neither truly human nor animal. Neither were they truly alive nor dead. The creatures killed, slaughtere...

Category: CSI - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Fantasy, Horror - Characters: Catherine Willows, Gil Grissom, Greg Sanders, Nick Stokes, Sara Sidle, Warrick Brown - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-06-02 - Updated: 2006-06-02 - 1206 words

2Exciting
a/n: have no clue as to what I am trying to do... Anubis wanted to play. Anubis is an original character, not the Egyptian god. to find a list of my original characters w/ brief descriptions click Here

Sky of Red
fandom: CSI (maybe all of them), original
main characters: Greg Sanders, Anubis (omc)
pairings: ????
warnings: violence, possible slash, gore, death, ooc
rating: ... FRM
feedback: please!

Greg was looking forward to having a weekend off, but he knew that it wasn't going to be happening anytime soon. Every CSI in the state of Nevada were working doubles and had been for nearly three weeks. There was a massive flood of crime and the death rate had reached a new high. Many of the recently new cases were pushed back by brand new cases that nearly happened every hour on the hour. There was no true dayshift or nightshift; everyone worked and everyone was out of overtime. There was a shortage of space, workers, and sleep.

And the weird thing was, it wasn't only happening in Nevada. It was happening everywhere in and out of the United States. All of the murders couldn't be explained, somehow they were alike and yet they weren't. There were many televised conferences from the Senate, President, Vice President, and even the Secretary of War. The UN were deciding to declare a state of emergency.

The lack of sleep and continously exposure to the gruesome sights of dismembered corpses made tempers flare. The tension in the lab was sky high and was about to volcanically erupt. Greg watched cautiously from the breakroom as his fellow workers stalked, dragged, and even stagger their way through the labs.

He could see that anyone of them could snap at any time. He didn't know whether they would go for their guns taking everyone including themselves out, or break down in hysterics. Sure, everyone became cold and shut down from human emotions; however, it would all catch up to them in the end.

Catherine would probably be the first to go. She was extremely worried about her daughter and mother. She was afraid that the next two corpses to arrive would be them. She was nearly ripping everyone's heads off if they so much as looked her way.

Sara would probably be next. She was always wound up tight, and nearly took every case too personally. It was almost as if her behavior was obssessive-compulsive; a extreme case of it, too.

It was hard to decide if Nick or Warrick follow soon after Sara. Both completely shut down and running on automatic. The Texan was have a few nightmarish flashbacks from being buried alive and stalked. With Warrick, it was difficult to determine that was eating away at him. It could be the stress of having to watch as his best friend suffer from the tramatic past, or it could be from the stress of seeing one more body.

Greg knew for sure that if Grissom broke then all would come tumbling after. He was glad to be stuck in the labs, only because he didn't have to see the crime scenes first hand. He felt sorrow for increasing loss of hope in the human race that his friends felt; however, he could never pity them. They had a job to do and they would be damned if they weren't going to do it.

With that on his mind, the young man walked out of the breakroom and back to the lab. He had his own job to do.
======-----======----====---====---===----===---

Greg stood staring in shock at his supervisior. He couldn't believe his ears. Hell, he could hardly believe that Grissom called him into his office.

"Huh???" the young DNA tech sputtered, "I could have sworn you said..."

"... go home, Greg." Grissom said once again and like before there was no studdering of his words,

"Why?!?" Greg nearly shrieked his question,

"There is so much you can do in the lab," Grissom replied tiredly, "and there is really no way to catch up."

"But!"

"No but's, Greg. I'm sending all the other lab techs home, too. I wish I could send my CSIs home also, but that is not possible at the moment."

"Griss..."

"Go home, Greg. Rest and come back later tomorrow."

Before Greg could protest some more, Grissom had turned back to the files and reports on his desked. Tiredly and disheartened, the young labrat dragged his feet as he walked out of the door. He didn't look up as he made his way to the locker room. So, he didn't see Warrick and Nick until he ran into.

"Whoa, Greggo!" Nick said as he and Warrick caught the younger man before he fell backwards,
"Sorry..." Greg mumbled not once looking up at the two CSIs,

Unknowing to him, Nick and Warrick exchanged worried looks over his head. They never truly seen the labrat so down in the dumps, even through what was currently happening Greg had a smile for everyone.

"What's wrong?" Warrick asked as he and Nick guided their young friend the rest of the way to the locker room,

"You can tell us, Greggo." Nick added,

Greg sighed tiredly and sorrowfully as he sat down on a bench between the row of lockers. Dragging his hands through his normally spiked up hair, he reluctantly looked up at the older men, "I'm being sent home, along with the other lab techs."

"That's great!" Nick said, trying to sound enthusiatistic for Greg.

"Yeah, man. That is great." Warrick said with a wistful smile, "So, why so blue?"

"I don't know... Not exactly... Well, it's mostly because I want to help you guys. I don't find it fair that I get to go home as you have to bust your asses just to quickly finish up a crime scene just to move on to the next one with little to no rest in between!"

"Greg..." Nick sighed his name tiredly and sat down next to him, "Don't worry so much about us..."

"Yeah," Warrick whispered as he said on the other side of Greg, "I-We know how much you want to help. But it would probably be best if you do go home and rest. You and your fellow lab techs have been working as hard if not harder than us CSIs."

"Warrick..." Greg nearly cried,

"We'll be all right, Greggo." Nick smiled wanely, "When you're all rested and back here, you'll help even more with a full night's rest underneath your belt."

"Okay..." the younger man quietly gave in and stood up to open his locker,

Both Nick and Warrick stood up also, and each patted him on the shoulder and left with cheerful sounding goodbyes. Out of the corner of his eye, he watched the two best friends stroll out of the room nearly shoulder to shoulder.

Still heavy hearted, he grabbed his things and left. Never expecting how close he would come to meeting his own death once again; not by explosion but by something more...sinister.
============+++++++++++++++===========----------

Greg: EEEP! What the hell?!? WULF!!!!

Wulf: What? ^_^

Greg: You're supposed to be playing with Xander! Not with me!

Wulf: hehehe... I'm gonna enjoy this!

Greg: I really don't like the sound of that! Help!
Sign up to rate and review this story