Categories > Original > Drama

Another freaking teenage coming-of-age story.

by Vampirechick1159 1 review

I don't even know.

Category: Drama - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2011-08-21 - Updated: 2011-08-22 - 1582 words

0Unrated
My hands shook as Christofer handed me a cigarette. “You okay?” he asked.
“Fine,” I said, lighting up. Yes, so incredibly fine. How I’ve missed the heat, the taste. I inhale, blow it out, before speaking. “It’s been a long time since I’ve had one of these.”
“Oh,” he smiles. “Anyway, you going to Casey’s party tonight?”
“Casey Mark?”
“Yeah, his parents are out of town for the whole three day weekend. Which means if he has a party Friday night, he has a day to sleep off the major crash and hangover, then a whole day to clean up the mess and get rid of the smell of alcohol.”
I sighed, filling the air with smoke in front of me. “I don’t know. I mean that guy’s an ass.”
Chris laughed. “It’s like when you had your first cigarette. You hate the taste, but you keep smoking so as not to look like a dumbass.”
I rolled my eyes. “Who else is going?”
“Aren’t I enough?”
I smirked, smacking him. “Fine. I’ll go. But I’m not smoking any weed.”
“Yes ma’am,” he said, probably laughing on the inside. “I would never imagine you doing that.”
“Fuck you,” I laughed.
“I know you want to.”

I pressed my back against the wall, listening to the loud booming of the stereo, taking a long drag of my cigarette. Who picked such a shitty song? I thought, shaking my head as Chris patted my back before grinning mischievously and heading into a big group of girls. He would probably get some ass tonight—after all, the guy’s eye candy with his straight brown hair and matching chocolate eyes.
“Hey, is that you, Amy?”
I turned to see Casey Mark making his way towards me. “Oh, hi Casey.”
“I didn’t know you were coming,” he said, scaring me at first. He wouldn’t really throw me out, would he? But then he smiled warmly. “Nice to see you.”
“You too.” I looked him up and down. Was he for real? He and I had barely spoken two words to each other throughout high school, and yet here he stood, saying hello like we were old friends.
“You wanna really party?” he asked, his lips suddenly close to my ear.
“Um…what do you mean?”
He smirked. “I mean, a little shooting up, a little joint puffing, you know, some real fun?”
I bit my lip. “No.”
“Come on. Just once won’t kill you. For…experimental purposes.” He winked.
“No. I don’t get sucked into that shit,” I said, blowing smoke in his face. “It fucks you up.”
He snorted. “Please. At least come hang with us. That won’t fuck you up too much.”
“Who’s ‘us’?”
“Your precious Christofer is there.”
I rolled my eyes. “Way to sell it. Fuck off, Casey.”
“Seriously. You wanna know real fun? The crazy high of just a short line of meth. The amazing feeling of cocaine. The beautiful way everything seems to slide together with a little bit of weed.”
“How much fucking dope do you have?”
He smiled. “I got connections.”
“I don’t need any of that fucking up my head. I got a life to live.”
“Most of the stuff you hear in D.A.R.E. is exaggerated, girl scout.”
“Shut up. I’m not doing drugs and I’m most definitely not a girl scout.”
“Prove it. Just come hang out with us.”
I sighed. “You’re nothing if not persistent.” I followed him into a back room, where a bunch of admittedly stoners were sitting in a circle on the floor, the only open space next to my Christofer. “Asshole,” I muttered to him, squeezing in between where Casey already sat and Christofer was smoking something most definitely illegal.
He laughed in a deep voice at me. “You should try it.” Then he passed me the joint, and shaking my head, I passed it on.
“Not interested.”
“Come on,” Casey said, passing it back.
“It smells awful,” I said, leaning away in distaste.
“Fuck, Amy, just do it.” Christofer said. “Time to pull the stick out of your ass and try something new.”
I frowned at him. He knew that saying I was a tight ass pissed me off. He knew me a little too well, I thought. So I did it. I tried it. I took a deep inhale, thinking, pretend it’s a cigarette, pretend it’s a cigarette, pretend…
Everything got out of focus and blurry. “This sucks,” I muttered, my mouth feeling weirdly heavy. I sagged against Chris’s shoulder, trying to stay awake. “That drug is shit.”
He laughed, and the noise seemed to penetrate to my core. I didn’t wanna ever move again. I just wanted to sit here, with Christofer…I love Chris…he’s so awesome…
“You okay, Amy?”
I laughed softly. “Whatever.”
You know what I realized? I was the designated driver for Chris and I. And you know what else? I. Didn’t. Give. A. Damn.
Everything was a blur. I think Casey slipped me some meth at some point. And I’m pretty sure I shot some of it up….all I remember is standing outside, totally hammered, wired beyond belief, taking a particularly long drag of my cigarette as I tried to get a grip of my surroundings. The music blaring from inside surged a little louder as Chris opened the back door and stood next to me. “Can I get one?” he asked, pointing to my cigarettes.
I sighed, half laughing as I did it. “Whatever.”
“Seriously, Amy, are you okay?”
I giggled at him while I passed him a cigarette. “I am so fucking high right now.”
He laughed. “Really now? Well, wanna know a secret?”
“Yeah?”
“So am I.” And then he stuffed his unlit cigarette into his pocket and took my face in his hands and kissed me passionately. I froze, my fag falling out of my hand and sputtering out on the concrete of Casey’s patio. Maybe it was the drugs, or maybe it was the fact that he’d had a lot of practice—practice I missed out on, but the world seemed to freeze just for that moment. His lips were warm and soft, alive and moving slowly but gradually faster the more I kissed him back. I slowly brought my arms around his neck, my hands twining into his maddeningly perfect hair. He shoved me without the slightest hint of roughness against the wall of the house, his hands sliding down my body ever-so-sensually.
I laughed and shoved him off. “I can’t fuck you, you’re my friend.”
“What does that matter?”
I laughed again as if it were the funniest joke I’d ever heard. “You’re my friend, not fuckbuddy.”
“Can’t that change?”
“I wanna go home.”
“I don’t think I can drive.”
“I can’t either. Damn, what was in the fucking weed?”
We both looked at each other. Of course! Fucking Casey fucking rigged the fucking weed. “Fuck,” he muttered.
“Who can drive us home?”
“Can I crash at your place?”
“I don’t give a shit. My parents are on a business trip.”
“Great. Let’s go find Ashley. She was being an even more pure version of you before I went back there with Casey.” With that, he walked back inside, where the music was even louder and I was having trouble walking a straight line. He found some blonde I didn’t recognize and sweet-talked her into driving us to my place. I stumbled in the front door after somehow managing to unlock it. Fucking hell, this was worse than the one time I’d been drunk. Chris was right behind me, shutting the door and collapsing on the nearest couch. “Wanna fuck?” he asked.
“Dumbass,” I rolled my eyes and sat next to him. “I need sleep.”
“Might wanna shower first. You smell like weed and crank.”
I glared. “I’d slap you if I weren’t completely incapacitated.”
“You do!”
“I’m going to bed. If you need anything, get it your-fucking-self.”
I got up and somehow found my way upstairs and fell into bed. I was halfway asleep when I heard my bedroom door creak open and close again softly. Then I felt Chris’s warm arms slide around me as he cuddled me close and we fell asleep together…fully clothed.


Author's note!
For the love of Gerard, don't ask me where this all came from. This is so totally out of the norm for me. I guess it just popped up in my head one day and I wrote it down and let it sit for a while then decided "You know what? I'm gonna keep writing this and see where it goes."

I'm brainstorming a definite plot as I write this. I have a few very vague ideas, but nothing solid yet. Right now I'm just enjoying being Amy for a little while. For some reason, she intrigues me.

By the way, keep your eyes peeled (if you want). I might, possibly have a second account on here under a secret pen name. I'll be putting up my darker stories there. One of which has mysteriously disappeared from this account...

If you can find it, you're amazing. If you can't or don't want to, that's cool too. xD
Sign up to rate and review this story