Categories > Original > Sci-Fi > Legacy of McBane

Prolog

by Oldwolf 0 reviews

A man of the woods must return to civilzation to protect his life and preserve his bloodline. Assasins eagerly await the last of the McBane family, but they are not the deadliest foes he will face.

Category: Sci-Fi - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Sci-fi - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-06-05 - Updated: 2006-06-06 - 177 words - Complete

0Unrated
A large man in a handmade flannel shirt and denim jeans walks out of the timberline as a large surface-to-space shuttle takes off from the local starport. The man smiles as he walks towards the settlement of Jamestown, the largest, and only, city on the colony world of PK7-4, known to the locals as Haven, or more commonly, The Ass End of Everywhere.
As the man walks past the local bordello, he makes a mental note to visit Bethany before heading back to his cabin. As he approaches Sam's Mercantile the man spots a copy of the /Interstellar News/, one of the only papers to consistently the Outer Rim of human space with fresh news, albeit with at least a hint of tabloid in it. The headline reads, "McBane Family Wiped Out." The man arches an eyebrow; the McBane family was one of the few of the noble houses that didn't look down their blue noses at working men and women. Finally the man shrugs and walks into the store for his six month supply of staples.
Sign up to rate and review this story