Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Babe I'll Be Your Outcast

Cry for no one can hear

by SimplexMinded 2 reviews

He could jump and be in peace forever. He would never have to feel pain again or the misery of life.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-09-02 - Updated: 2011-09-03 - 972 words - Complete

1Moving
2 weeks later,

Frank sat at the edge of the hospital bed, holding Riley’s hand. He hated himself for not giving her a chance. He had been so selfish to walk away when she needed him most and now look where she was. A coma that the doctors say she may never wake up from. Tears ran down his face silently as he could only stare at the tubes that hung from her nose and out her mouth. Her skin was pale and she showed no sign of life. There was a knock at the door making Frank take his eyes off of Riley.

“Yeah…” He called weakly to the intruder.

Gerard walked in, looking at the floor. They hadn’t talked much. Only small words to relay Riley’s condition if it changed witch didn’t happen often.

“How is she?” Gerard whispered, his eyes never once looking at Frank.

“Same as last time.” Frank was short with his words.

Gerard nodded even though he knew Frank wasn’t looking. Well, here it goes.

“Look, Frank…..”

“Don’t Gerard. Just don’t.” Frank glared at Gerard before looking back at Riley.

“Frank, just listen to me….” Gerard pleaded

“No, Gerard. Its your fault she is here right now. You should have said no. You took advantage of her. You of all people should know what its like to be drunk and not in your own mindset.”

It was harsh and Frank knew it but at this point, he really didn’t care.

Gerard lowered his head. “Me of all people……Me of all people.”

Frank turned back to Riley. He knew what he had said had cut too deep and the part of Frank that loved Gerard, regretted it but the part that was angry was enjoying it. His eyes softened and as he realized he was beginning to scare himself. He had just enjoyed hurting Gerard…..His best friend.

Gerard lowered his head, his hair falling in his face as he turned around and walked out of the room. He knew Frank was angry and probably didn’t mean what he said but still, he was right. He shoved his hands in his coat pockets and walked out of the hospital in the rain. His clothes were instantly soaked, making his shiver.

Gerard’s mind began to wander as he walked. The world seemed so cold. No, it didn’t seem cold…..it was cold. It was harsh and bitter and heartless. After several hours of walking, he found himself sitting on the edge of a bridge over looking a major highway. He started to hum a tune and soon put words to it.

Now come one, come all to this tragic affair.
Wipe off that make up, what’s in his despair?
So throw on the black dress, mix in with the lot,
You might wake up and notice your someone your not,

If you look in the mirror and don’t like what you see,
You might find out first hand what its like to be me.
So gather round piggies and kiss this goodbye,
I’d encourage your smiles,
I’ll expect you won’t cry!

The wind blew in his face, whipping his hair around. The concrete wall was cold on his fingers and hard on his ass. His legs dangled over the side, swinging back and forth. The air was cold, almost stinging his cheeks as tears fall.

He had a choice.

He could jump and be in peace forever. He would never have to feel pain again or the misery of life.

Or….

He could live. He could walk away, still breathing and face the world as it comes. He could prove that its ok to be fucked up. He could follow his own advice and say if life fucked you over, fuck it back. He knew if he jumped, not only would he let down his brother, his band and his family but everything he had built would crash. His fans would cry, lots of them die as well. He was the only reason his fans were alive. He taught them not to give up so wouldn’t it be shallow and selfish to let them down?

His fingers gripped the concrete wall even tighter as he made his decision.

Slowly he got down from the wall, landing swiftly on his feet and began to walk back to the hospital. A smile crept up on his face as he knew, for all his faults, his flaws and his fuck ups, he was going to be ok.



Frank sat on the end of the bed with tears steady running down his face. The doctors came and went, all doing the same thing they had before. Check the machine, shake their head and walk out. None of them made her better. None of them gave him hope. They were useless. He gripped Riley’s fingers tightly as he leaned in to place a kiss on her forehead.

“If you can hear me….please….you have to wake up. They won’t give you much more time. Riley…..please…say something…”

His eyes watched her, praying for movement. There was nothing. Her body gave no response to anything he did or said.

There was a knock at the door and a doctor walked in, making Frank look up.

“Sir…..Can I speak with you outside for a moment?”

Frank nodded, reluctantly getting up and letting go of Riley’s hand. He followed the doctor outside the room and looked at him with desperate eyes.

“Mr. Iero, are you Ms. Frezuno’s partner?”

Frank was caught off guard by the question. “Yes, I am……may I ask why?”

The doctor looked up at Frank, a sad smile on his face. “Because she may have lost the baby.”
Sign up to rate and review this story