Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco

10 Friends Everyone Should Have

by Wicked_Lovely 2 reviews

Sometimes you need your friends to help you grow as a person.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor - Published: 2011-09-03 - Updated: 2011-09-04 - 1001 words

1Exciting
The Devil On Your Shoulder.

Everyone had one growing up. That one friend that always pushed the boundaries until there were none left.
The devil on our shoulder was always Spencer.
He was my best friend, my only friend from the time I was five till Brendon showed up when we were nine. Our group of friends practically exploded as soon as we had someone as outgoing as Brendon with us. Regardless, Spencer was always my closest. No one could ever compare to him.
There was one particular summer where we all started to play hide and seek. At first, it was just inside our houses. But soon enough it went to being in our neighborhood. Then we went to only doing it at night. And then it was in our neighborhood along with the ones surrounding it. Not to long after, there were no boundaries. And then it went from just being a game of hide and seek to something closer to Mortal Combat.
We would take makeshift weapons, hiding and waiting to be found just so we could start beating the shit out of each other. The game wasn't finished unless someone ended up having a broken bone. The day my mother found out was no different.

I was hiding behind a bush, clutching my broken golf club as I heard Brendon rustle not to far away from me. It was a free for all, sure, but Brendon didn't like being to far away from me. It was about ten at night, the summer heat only slightly cooling off since the sun went down. Even with the starry sky and small street lights, I was completely shrouded in darkness.
There was the sound of Spencer's flip flops clicking against the pavement and his skin. I held still, waiting to see how it would play out. When they went silent almost directly in front of me I peaked out of the bush I was hiding behind to see him standing under the streetlight, looking around with a confused look on his face. I glanced back over at Brendon, who was watching Spencer the same way I was.
Without a second thought I stood, putting the sharpened end of my broken golf club against the concrete. He didn't turn around and I took the opportunity, running towards him while scraping the metal on the ground behind me. He turned, watching me as he clutched his makeshift weapon. Sparks flew where metal scraped against concrete, and he started to look slightly panicked.
I raised my weapon when I was a few feet away, hitting him in the knee. He let out a sharp gasp, and hit me with his nun-chucks made out of a bike chain with two locks on each end. It hit me in the back, practically knocking me over. We continued to hit each other with our fake weapons before we both heard a snap.
"Oh my god." He gasped the words and Brendon came running out of his hiding place.
"Fuck." I looked at my lip hand, not feeling the pain even though I was sure it should hurt. The back of my hand was touching the top part of my arm in a way that shouldn't have been possible.
"Ohmygod, ohmygod, ohmygod." Brendon said in a slightly high-pitched and rushed manner as he held my arm, staring at the limp hand.
"Damn, I'm sorry Ry." Spencer mumbled as he stood awkwardly next to us.
"Maybe we should go get some help?" I asked as I tried to hide the panic that was rising in me. I didn't know how much longer I could hold it all in without completely flipping out and start screaming. Brendon ran off to go get help, Spencer standing there as he stared at my now broken wrist.
"Didn't know this could do that much damage." He muttered as he twirled his weapon in his hand. I let out a laugh.
"At least it wasn't one of my eyes." He smiled and we booth sat on the curb, waiting for Brendon to get back.
My mum wasn't happy when she found out, especially when she found out how much the medical bill was. At the time I didn't know that she would leave and never come back a week later. And even after she did I didn't really care. I wouldn't have ever changed anything, because it was all worth it, so I had a summer of stories to tell.
Spencer may have always went a little too far, but a little bit of anarchy in your life is good. It can help you grow as a person so you realize that sometimes you need those boundaries. That they can be the only thing to protect you from a life of pain. And that other times, it's worth it to push them until they break, if only for one summer.


~~~~~

Yay! Something more lighthearted. I was thinking that this would (hopefully) be a little more fun. It's going to have ten chapters (surprise, surprise.) and I figured since I'm going to be finished with two of my others stories soon that it wouldn't be that big of a deal for me to post a new one.
Speaking of, I'm working on another new story which I might post next week. It's going to be kind of like a twist on the old Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. Kind of cliche, I know, but you just have to trust me when I say that it's not going to be very much like it. Just subtle hints here and there.
So, now that I've got that out of the way I feel kind of better. I'm going to be updating the stories that I haven't updated in a while soon. Probably this week. I just have to take a little time to finish typing them. Most of them are about halfway done, and I'm just to lazy to get to finishing them.
Oh wellllll.
-xoxo Pansy.
Sign up to rate and review this story