Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Pen To Paper

2nd

by rainbows-stalk-me 0 reviews

...

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Published: 2011-09-12 - Updated: 2011-09-13 - 1586 words

0Unrated
Being new. Well it's something that I have never been terrified of, nor have I been comfortable with either.

My mother's job is always so demanding at times. But this time we were promised that we would stay put at least until I was done with high school.

Knowing me though, I will probably just stay quiet and off to myself.

I was never one for friends much. Complicated my lifestyle of drop everything and leave.

But what else really messed with me was my interest in men. I am homosexual and yes I LOVE boys. It isn't a crime honestly, but many people I have come face-to-face with believe it is.

My Mom was accepting and just didn't mind at all. She was more like 'Hey at least we don't have to worry about knocking anyone up right?'

Good old moms. But right now I was at my locker half way into the school day because it took the whole other half to register me in. I had just got to this new school and not one person has spoken to me, which is good and bad.

Good because I know that there aren't any real big homophobes or bullies here.

Bad because…….well you don't ALWAYS want to be lonely. I guess it's just me and my journal again.

I opened my locker with a major hassle but didn't cause a scene. Lockers really don't adore me for some awkward reason. I pulled out my Art sketch pad along with my Calculus book and AP literature. All the books I needed for now, and walked toward Art. Now I love to draw so this class was good for me. I walked in and took a seat in the back not being noticed by anyone. I didn't mind once again being invisible. I just pulled out y journal and wrote.

'I'm the new cancer, never looked better, you can't stand it.
Because you say so under your breath.
You're reading lips "When did he get all confident?'

"Okay Mr. Ross you'll be with Mr. Urie. Any objections? No? Good. Okay Mr. Haner you're with Mr. Way. Now that that's all of you get to work. You have two weeks to finish this." Those words being spoken from her mouth she went and sat back at her teacher desk that was a weird green puke color. It was atrocious honestly.

I went and got up taking my time to walk towards who she pointed out to be 'Mr. Ross'. He was bad looking actually. He was wearing a regular purple v-neck shirt with some skinny jeans and a black and white stripped cardigan over it. I looked at him and noticed he was silently checking me out. I wonder what he was thinking.

I looked at him and smirked letting him know he was caught and then I watched as his cheeks quietly blushed. I then held out my hand to him.

"Hi, I'm Brendon Urie. New kid and flamingly gay." I smiled widely at him trying to be friendly. Just because I'm sort of a loner doesn't mean I am completely anti-social. He didn't do anything just kept his gaze on me. I bit my lip a little getting worried.

"You're not homophobic are you?" I asked trying to get something out of this kid. Why would he have not shown how homophobic he was when he passed me in the halls? He then shook his head and tried to defend himself.

"No I'm not. I don't care that you're gay. All my friends are gay." he said with a smile and seemed friendlier. I was relieved at this and I let out a small breath and put my hand back at my side. His own breath was released as the tension was now cut with a knife and thrown away.

"Good because if you were this would have been a total disaster." I reached into my bag and then I took out my sketch book and I placed it in front of me.

"Okay let's get started so we don't get yelled at by Miss Bitch." I promptly said trying to be a better influence but not really caring at the same time. I have all week and year to get this done I don't mind anything at this moment.

"Yeah we could or we could just pretend to draw and get to know each other. Besides, these lights make everything look crappy." He suggested leaning towards me with a big smile across his face. I giggled slightly and then put my sketch pad back into my messenger bag. I turned back toward him and put my chin in the palm of my hand and I smiled at him.

"Okay we'll go to mine or yours and do it there. So tell me about yourself Mr. Ross." I said to him honestly intrigued by whatever was his response.

And I believe instead of learning more about Art, I learned more about Ryan Ross. I didn't mind though, one of us would share something then the other would come back with something else deep they put into their personal life file. I found out about his mom and dad divorcing when he was only an infant and then they died in a plane crash leaving him to fend with his aunt. I also was able to tell him about my dad and his prison situation and how my mother works hard to let me have a good life. When I talked about my mom I could help but notice the small hint of sadness in his eyes. I know how he must feel.

Actually I don't. But all I know is I miss the days when I had a real family. My Dad ruined it for me.

I was going on about my moving and my school changes when the bell rung and I was cut off. I looked at Ryan and he was holding his hand out for me to grab. I looked him confused and he nodded to the door. I took his hand and then he waved his arm and he bent over muttering a 'Ladies first' line. I looked at him and rolled my eyes but laughed at it.

I couldn't deny the humor in the small gesture or the kindness behind it.

I made him escort me to my locker so I could put away my books. He even opened it for me once I told him about all the lockers in my life and how they have distaste for me. As I was putting back my Calculus book I dropped my English book.

"Mierda, hijo de puta." I spoke in Spanish to myself. I just brushed it off and then decided to speak to Ryan.

"So are we going to yours or mine?" I asked him. He then looked back at me and he seemed out of it. He totally spaced out just now.

"Oh uh…I have soccer practice right now. Maybe we can do it tomorrow?" he said to me. I felt bad because I really wanted to have him at my house so we could talk some more but there is always another time. At least he wants to meet with me tomorrow right?

"Okay fine with me. Just don't get your face beat in by the ball. I don't want to draw you with a black eye." I said smart ass like and I walked off to the student parking lot to get to my car and I saw him head towards the gym lockers.

I got to my red VW bug and I looked around. I didn't want to go home just yet. Maybe some writing would be best.

I looked and saw a really big oak tree up the hill and I smiled. The way the sun bounced off of it and then way the shade formed from the branches just called out to me. I hiked up the slight hill and I collapsed under it.

Wrote down some lyrics and a new poem and vented about my first half day here and then I heard people in a distance. I looked up and I saw the soccer team in their uniforms and the goal posts being brought out.

They were practicing like half a football field away from me. I saw Ryan and then I just decided to let him concentrate and not to wave or distract him.

Hell I needed to concentrate. I want to get this song finished.

But by the time it was hitting 4:45 I knew it was a lost cause at that pint. A slight writer's block came over me and then I just gave up and got up and walked away back to my car to go home. I felt in my pocket and realized I forgot my car keys and I ran back to the tree and bent down and picked them up.

I then went on my merry way to my VW Red Bug and on my way back home.

*Time Elapse Now Home*

I opened the door with my keys and I looked around and didn't see anymore boxes laying around. I smiled.

"Mama! I'm home." I said and then got no response. I let my eyebrows furrow and then I walk into our new kitchen. I saw a yellow note on the fridge.

'Bren, went to go and fix up my new office
Be home before dinner I promise
-love mom
Sign up to rate and review this story