Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > What Is Love?

1- Face Down

by XxPerfectTomorrowxX 1 review

What happens when you meet at a hospital and know something is wrong but can't find the right way to ask? Spencer Smith fanfic.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2011-09-22 - Updated: 2011-09-23 - 1128 words - Complete

3Funny
The young girl sat in the waiting room in the emergency section of the hospital, her eyes were staring blankly down at a magazine. She kept flipping the pages but she wasn't reading.

Her dark red dyed hair was flung over one of her eyes, hiding the yellowish brown color of an old bruise. Her other eye was red from the irritation of being hit, soon she would have a bruise there as well. She licked her bottom lip and winced in pain, it was swollen and bleeding.

For her this was nothing, she had gotten off quite easily. The person she was waiting for hadn't gotten off as easily. It was another fight. She was so sick of fighting! She didn't mean to hit him. She really didn't. She just freaked out. She was so sick of going to work with new bruises and having to explain them.

Her father drank too much and lost control of his temper. It wasn't his fault though. She wasn't a good person. She took things for granted. She took him for granted. Why was she like this? Why was she such a terrible person? He started screaming as soon as she came home and she hadn't even made it upstairs before he started hitting her. She hadn't even thought it through before she had grabbed one of his empty beer bottles that had been carelessly thrown to the floor. The bottle was so cold and so empty. Why did she do it?

He called her worthless. That was what pushed her over the edge. She knew she was worthless so why was it so hard to accept being told that? She remembered the sound he made when the bottle made contact with his head. He groaned. It had seemed like such a loud noise at the time. As she continued hitting him on the head he hadn't said another word, hadn't made any other noise at all. How many times? 5,6, maybe 7. She didn't know.

Now most people wouldn't even understand why she was in the hospital waiting for her abusive father but life was so much more complicated for her. It wasn't just right and wrong. In her eyes he was still her father and she still loved him. Every time he hit her she hated herself more, she didn't hate him.

"Ms. Perite I need you to fill out another form please." The nurse interrupted her thoughts. The young girl's dark brown eyes snapped up to the nurse's cheerful blue ones. She was holding another clipboard. Hadn't she filled out everything? It felt like she had filled out the same shit about forty times, just worded differently.

"Yeah, okay. How is he?" She asked, taking the clipboard from the nurse.

"I'm not sure yet honey but we will let you know as soon as the doctor informs us!" She cheerfully said before wandering off. Nurses always seemed to be overly cheerful or ridiculously cold.

Haven't I already answered all of these questions? The girl thought again bitterly as she started filling in the information. It took her about 10 minutes because she kept spacing out but then finally she finished and got up to turn it in at the front counter.

"Is there anything else I need to fill out?" The girl asked, leaning aaginst the counter in exhaustion. She felt as if she hadn't slept in days.

"No. Are you going home?" The receptionist asked after taking a look at the exhausted girl., "We can give your number a call when he wakes up."

The girl shook her head, "Probably won't go home... But give my cell a call anyway. I think I might go to the cafeteria to get some food." With that she walked off, not even having to follow the signs. She had been here many times, she was usually the one admitted.

The cafeteria was kind of busy which was surprising given the time. She walked down the line, staring at available foods in distaste. She wasn't all that hungry... There weren't a lot of options for hot meals either.

**

(Spencer's POV)

Yum, pomegranate seeds! I reached out for the small dish of seeds and knocked hands with another person. As I looked up I was startled, she had bruises covering her face. They looked painful. She had intense red hair that took away from the sight a little though, I liked out there colors.

"Sorry." She mumbled, sucking her lower lip in to her mouth. I noticed her wince slightly. It was no wonder. Her entire face looked painful.

"Let me buy this for you?" I asked, holding up the pomegranate tray.

She seemed to be thinking it over for a few seconds but it was the last one left so she agreed, "Sure." she sounded nervous though.

As we walked up to the register together in silence I noticed she had an apple juice as well, "Let me buy that too." Wow, no clue why I was being generous but it felt nice. She looked like she needed a friend.

She looked like she was about to object but then remained silent as the cashier rang up our items. I had her pomegranate tray on my lunch tray with my other food so when she sat down I joined her, handing it over. "Thank you..." she said, toying with the plastic cover before pulling it off.

"No problem." I replied, awkwardly. What to say? "It's great that you like fruit. My girlfriend acts like she's allergic." Well that came out lame.

She shrugged, "Everyone has different tastes."

"Do you have a boyfriend?" I asked, realizing how absolutely out of place the question was about the second it left my lips. "I mean, I just wondered... Does he like fruit?"

I watched as her lips twitched in to a smile, "I don't have a boyfriend." Yes! Wait, why was I happy? I have a girlfriend... What was her name? Oh, Laura. Yeah Laura is a good girlfriend. If you don't mind a girl that thinks a date consists of me taking her shopping and buying her everything. No, no, no. No hating on girlfriend, that's bad.

"Oh, too bad. Fruit loving boyfriends are awesome." I replied. What? I sound like an idiot.

She let out a small giggle. It was adorable. "I love bittersweet." She stated, taking another bite of her pomegranate seeds.

"I'm Spencer." I blurted out again. Could I just not control my words tonight? I sounded like a fool.

"Hi Spencer." She said, smiling as she finally looked directly at me. "I'm Kade." Kade's dark brown eyes stared back at me but I could tell something was wrong. Well, evidently since we are in a hospital. Wow. Tonight I'm no genius.
Sign up to rate and review this story