Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The 'Home'

And this place we live

by AhoyMikeyo 6 reviews

It is not where we belong

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy,Horror - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-09-23 - Updated: 2011-09-23 - 1845 words

1Original
“Psst Gee”
Came Mikey’s voice from the darkness Gerard rolled over letting out a groan “To early Mikes”
He protested not that, that would do much good he was awake now and Mikey knew it, witch mean Mikey wouldn’t give up until Gerard had given him what he wanted “Geeeeeeeeeeeeeee”
He called and Gerard felt the weight shift on his bed followed by hot breath on his face he opened his eyes slowly his brothers face was close to his “What Mikey?”
Gerard asked hiding none of the irritation in his voice in reply Mikey simply licked his brothers nose before rolling off of the bed and landing on the floor with a thump “Thanks Mikey”
Gerard sighed wiping his nose where Mikey had licked him as Mikey hopped up off of the floor and climbed back onto the bed “Gerard I’m boooaaaaaard”
Mikey moaned exaggerating the vowels to emphasize his boredom he started playing with Gerard’s messy black hair a small pout on his lips and his glasses slowly slipping off his nose “a board child is a boring child”
Gerard stated and Mikey flopped back melodramatically so that his head was at Gerard’s feet they lay in silence giving Gerard time to wake up and truly appreciate his surroundings.

He looked at the baby blue walls of his room at the chest of draws and the vanity opposite his bed he felt his scratchy batman sheets and made himself accept that this was not his home. A hollow feeling in his chest followed this realisation not that you could tell from his face, because Gerard was used to the same disappointment everyday he would never go home never wake up in his basement room to the sound of his mother’s piano playing tinkling through the house never be free to wander around in little more than his boxers or to stay up all night watching movie marathons, his home didn’t exist anymore. “What ya thinking about Gee?”
Mikey asked not moving “Home”
Gerard replied quietly he felt Mikey crawl back up to him and wrap his scrawny arms around his big brother who let a single tear role down his face “I can’t remember it Gee”
Mikey said sadly playing with Gerard’s raven hair again absentmindedly, Gerard sniffed “I know you can’t Mikes”
Gerard looked at his gangly little brother he was only six when mum died the care home was all he had ever really known he didn’t feel the same heart burn Gerard did he didn’t really remember their mother to Mikey she was just a distant face that was once part of their life.

The Way brothers lay in embrace for a little while, they were the only comfort they had ever had and like this they could almost trick themselves into thinking they had a family a group of people there for them. Almost.

~

Gerard pulled on a pair of his tightest skinnies and his brothers Anthrax T-shirt he jostled his hair a little in the mirror before shaking it out completely so it hung limply around his face, he then went on to apply tight liner on his top and bottom waterlines he flashed himself a quick smile trying not to be to disgusted with his appearance and went on to find some shoes, a matching pair would be great, after a minute of searching he pulled on his battered black converse taking another five minutes to fully lace them up. Gerard then grabbed his favourite greenish brown zip-up hoodie and made his way out of his room and sprinted down the stairs he was nearly out of the main door when a plump red headed woman stopped him in his path “You’re in a hurry aren’t you Gerard? No time for breakfast?”
She asked but it was clearly a rhetorical question as she aimed Gerard for the dining hall.

Gerard slunk into the noisy room and took his place in-between his brother and another one of the kids “Morning Gerard”
She chirped before taking a bight out of her Nutella covered toast where she bit left teeth marks in the chocolate spread making Gerard cringe but he replied politely anyway “Morning Mia”
The little girl grinned showing off her chocolate covered teeth Gerard smiled at the crazy girl with masses of glossy black hair falling in messy ringlets he then grabbed a glass and filled it with orange juice he sipped on it slowly eyeing the other kids around him he noticed one of the girls across the table from him crying silently “Are you okay Avalin? What’s wrong?”
Gerard asked the girl who was pushing around her cheerios in her bowl they were now pretty much baby food she looked up from her food to Gerard her big green eyes glistening “Its Amelia”
She hiccupped and more tears began to fall “Is she okay?”
Gerard asked frowning the girl shook her head violently and whipped away more of her tears “I can’t-I can’t see her Gee”
Gerard’s body suddenly turned cold “What do you mean?”
Avalin looked up tears ceased for the moment she sniffed and looked directly into Gerard’s eyes “She’s gone I don’t know I’ve called for her but its like her presence has gone all together”
Gerard swallowed hard “When-when did you last see her?”
“Two days ago, and she never goes away Gee she’s all I have help me”
The young girl looked deep into Gerard’s eyes begging and Gerard felt himself start nodding “Meet me after school in the quiet room I’ll help”
Avalin beamed at Gerard before getting up and running off to finish getting ready for school.

Gerard walked to school with Mikey and Mia, they would drop her off before going to their school. “We have another case tonight”
Gerard mumbled to his friends the little girl squealed with delight Mikey just sighed “Again Gee really? I thought we had stopped with all this”
Mikey was right Gerard had tried to stop with all this mystery stuff he seemed to be getting involved with, everyone at school already thought he was weird but he apparently was the go-to-guy for anything paranormal because not only could Gee see ghosts he could summon them and send them away with actual effect.

In earlier years this power unfazed most people, most didn’t believe in ghosts to start with yet alone a teenaged boy having the power to summon and send them away but about a year ago more and more people started to claim they were seeing spirits for most they were people they had lost still hanging on the fabric of our reality nearly every kid in the home who had lost there parents siblings careers could see the spirits, and it wasn’t a problem people were delighted to be reunited with their lost loved ones but occasionally you would get a bad ghost, you would get a haunting and most people are unable to send spirits away, this was where Gerard came in he had seen ghosts all his life kind, old, sad, scary ghosts a lot of the time it was hard to tell who was alive and who was just a projection of a person that once was. Gerard would help the spirits pass on some wanted to go others had to be sent with force but Gerard knew for a fact that spirits couldn’t simply disappear witch was why Avalin’s case was so peculiar, why Gerard had picked it up after months of trying to let his ghost boy image pass and get on with his life.

“Its Avalin, Amelia’s gone”
Gerard told his brother like this would explain everything Mikey just shrugged “Maybe she’s just dormant”
Mikey said clearly unfazed however Mia was looking up at Gerard eyes wide with worry “Its been two days and this is Amelia we’re talking about since when is she dormant?”
Mikey considered this for a second “That is a bit strange”
He agreed “help me with this one Mikes? For Avalin”
Gerard knew his brother would help he always had though he couldn’t see ghosts he did have a strong interest in the paranormal and he would never let Gerard down. “Fine”
Mikey nodded keeping his eyes on the pavement Gerard then looked down at Mia “You in too?”
The small girl nodded enthusiastically “Okay great I’ll pick you up after school kay?”
Mia nodded and grinned before skipping off into her school leaving Gerard and Mikey alone for the remainder of the walk to school.

The boys arrived at school just in time they both ran off to their tutors Gerard just making it into the room as the bell went, the blading man smiled at Gerard as he entered and took his usual seat next to his best friend and school fuzz head Ray Toro “Hey Gee”
Ray greeted not taking his eyes off of the tabs he was working on Ray was a guitar god everyone knew however Ray seemed to shy from the fact being the modest gentle giant he was (A/N I’m not sure how tall Ray is but in my mind he is very, very tall)“Sup Toro, how’s it hanging?”
Gerard asked pulling out some scrap paper and a sharp pencil “Stop talking like that Gee, you sound ridicules”
Gerard frowned he was quite proud of his gangster attire “Sorry”
He mumbled starting on a zombie head marking out the shapes and features

Tutor went by quickly and soon Gerard found himself sitting in his Maths room then his RE, Art, Science, Geography and finally tutor again before he was dismissed home he walked across the car park having met Mikey at the bike sheds with one of the girls from the home; Abby oblivious to the girl Ray was flirting furiously with her telling her all about a Les Paul he wanted she was nodding along politely clearly bemused by the afro-headed boy.

Ray’s rambling gave Gerard a chance to speak with his brother about tonight’s plans “So you still up for it?”
“Up for what?”
Mikey looked confused “Tonight”
Gerard said trying to make tonight sound as important as he could without the chance of Ray and Abby hearing of their plans “We’re not dating Gerard”
“What? No what? I mean with Avalin”
Mikey held a poker face “I know”
“So you in?”
Gerard asked hopefully “Yeah”
Mikey nodded “But this is the last time Gee, the kids at school are starting to give me funny looks”
Gerard nodded solemnly he understood Mikey, the Way brothers had never exactly been social butterflies but their contact with the paranormal freaked people out even more than their pale skin and sulky behaviour “Yeah the last time”
Gerard replied mainly to himself.


So first chapater up and shiney! what do you think?
Sign up to rate and review this story